Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Up!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Val89 »

Did you read what I said in , Norwee?

Invests, or indeed any PR with a night-targetable ability get switched off when an ascetic dies. Scum get more powerful when an ascetic dies. This looks like a game of "hunt the ascetic" for scum.

They might not need to hunt for them in the day; they could have powers that let them find them at night.

You don't understand why scum might be chomping at the bit to start pew pew-ing and hope they hit the mark, while giving said time-limited invests as little to go on as possible?
Jolyne
Jolyne
Goon
Jolyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Jolyne »

In post 823, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 795, marcistar wrote:"do i dislike anyone specific" sort of..
but i also just feel this isn't very likely to hit scum rn. i feel like up until recently, i've been the only one really not fine with the toxic stuff, even he didn't defend himself, i feel like when everyones fine with a wagon theres usually a big going on. there should be more pushback if hes scum, if not from his partners, then from him himself. if he had a team backing him up, would he have not been coming in in 727 with an idea on whats happening, and stay longer to start defending himself..? it feels like hes truly alone against everyone rn.
sure he could be scum, but to me i think "scummy seeming inactive town" fits him more rn.
feels like people are trying to get off easy <3 this as well seems very cherry picked, other people are similar to him rn but hes the one catching all the attention?
yeah, I get this
basically toxic can only make sense with certain team comps
the teaam could be something like toxic/NM/? tho
we shouldn't be trying to preflip team solve - speculating is cool but we shouldn't assume to know what the team is exactly because scum are liable to distance.
Jolyne
Jolyne
Goon
Jolyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Jolyne »

In post 826, Val89 wrote:Did you read what I said in , Norwee?

Invests, or indeed any PR with a night-targetable ability get switched off when an ascetic dies. Scum get more powerful when an ascetic dies. This looks like a game of "hunt the ascetic" for scum.

They might not need to hunt for them in the day; they could have powers that let them find them at night.

You don't understand why scum might be chomping at the bit to start pew pew-ing and hope they hit the mark, while giving said time-limited invests as little to go on as possible?
yup this Checks out
Jolyne
Jolyne
Goon
Jolyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Jolyne »

Toxic's post is neither towny nor scummy to me and does not affect my read on them. Its a single thought thats venting about not being able to be engaged - I would not read into it on its own.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Val89 »

To follow up, I certainly wouldn't read the phrasing as AI when toxic specifically told us they were posting from their phone. You can probably note a difference in my own post style when posting from my mobile, because it's a comparative ballache.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:37 am

Post by DArby »

In post 816, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 815, DArby wrote:Even if I do end up on a toxic lem it does have a weird policy/rushed vibe to it. I’d like more to go into d2.
I don't see the point. I didn't want to rush it before, but now i don't care because i think his posts just now were scummy as fuck.
Wha? Even if god willing mod made Toxic confirmed scum, shouldn't we use the rest of d1 to figure out who else is most likely scum before we lose a town thru a nk?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 818, Dwlee99 wrote:When has mafia ever gained anything out of a night phase except for maybe PR info
wut
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

This day should be over already
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Jolyne
Jolyne
Goon
Jolyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Jolyne »

In post 833, Not_Mafia wrote:This day should be over already
This is your attitude 1 hour into the game tho
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Val89 »

Have you caught up, N_M, or are you just responding to the prod without realising the context in which you are doing so?
Jolyne
Jolyne
Goon
Jolyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Jolyne »

In post 831, DArby wrote:
In post 815, DArby wrote:Even if I do end up on a toxic lem it does have a weird policy/rushed vibe to it. I’d like more to go into d2.
I don't see the point. I didn't want to rush it before, but now i don't care because i think his posts just now were scummy as fuck.
Wha? Even if god willing mod made Toxic confirmed scum, shouldn't we use the rest of d1 to figure out who else is most likely scum before we lose a town thru a nk?
Whats your read on toxic then?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:53 am

Post by DArby »

In post 836, Jolyne wrote:
In post 831, DArby wrote:
Whats your read on toxic then?
Null, but my read is separate from my point. Assuming competent scum, we'll (probably) lose a solid town slot in the nk. I don't want to lose the extra town before we have more to work with going into d2.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 826, Val89 wrote:You don't understand why scum might be chomping at the bit to start pew pew-ing and hope they hit the mark, while giving said time-limited invests as little to go on as possible?
No.
I'm honestly not thinking about scum's abilities at all.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Koba feels pedantic.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:06 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 839, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Koba feels pedantic.
Koba is in this game?
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:06 am

In post 835, Val89 wrote:Have you caught up, N_M, or are you just responding to the prod without realising the context in which you are doing so?
You very well know how N_M plays, why are you even questioning it lol
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:07 am

Also worth mentioning that I'm willing to condemn N_M if I'm not sure who to condemn as they're pretty unreadable
master at being scum(my)
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Val89 »

I'm kicking myself that I spent 30 odd pages labouring under a misunderstanding as to what 'backup ascetic' meant, and thinking it didn't make sense for there to be town ascetics - but now that I do, the scum strategy here is simple, and it puts in to focus why some slots have been trying to drive into a night phase as quickly as possible.

I know you are going to tell us it's an unfortunate coincidence, that you had no idea you were advocating to a course of action that leads to a scum advantage, and a significant one, and you have just been a useful idiot, but I think Occams Razor applies.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 841, camelCasedSnivy wrote:You very well know how N_M plays, why are you even questioning it lol
Well, the context is fairly significant here, no?

We literally just establish that scum need to move this game into a night phase as quickly as possible in order to capitalise on the little setup information we had been given, and was staring us in the face this entire time, and the next thing N_M says is "this day phase should be over", I want to know if that was a conscious decision, or if he's just saying what he always does.
Jolyne
Jolyne
Goon
Jolyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Jolyne »

In post 839, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Koba feels pedantic.
No i feel annoyed
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:20 am

In post 844, Val89 wrote:
In post 841, camelCasedSnivy wrote:You very well know how N_M plays, why are you even questioning it lol
Well, the context is fairly significant here, no?

We literally just establish that scum need to move this game into a night phase as quickly as possible in order to capitalise on the little setup information we had been given, and was staring us in the face this entire time, and the next thing N_M says is "this day phase should be over", I want to know if that was a conscious decision, or if he's just saying what he always does.
If I'm going to be honest, do you really think they would tell you? From what I can tell, N_M doesn't really care if they get eliminated (and maybe ultimately win or lose)
master at being scum(my)
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:21 am

Post by DArby »

In post 843, Val89 wrote:I'm kicking myself that I spent 30 odd pages labouring under a misunderstanding as to what 'backup ascetic' meant, and thinking it didn't make sense for there to be town ascetics - but now that I do, the scum strategy here is simple, and it puts in to focus why some slots have been trying to drive into a night phase as quickly as possible.

I know you are going to tell us it's an unfortunate coincidence, that you had no idea you were advocating to a course of action that leads to a scum advantage, and a significant one, and you have just been a useful idiot, but I think Occams Razor applies.
Are you saying you believe currently there are town ascetics?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:22 am

In post 847, DArby wrote:
In post 843, Val89 wrote:I'm kicking myself that I spent 30 odd pages labouring under a misunderstanding as to what 'backup ascetic' meant, and thinking it didn't make sense for there to be town ascetics - but now that I do, the scum strategy here is simple, and it puts in to focus why some slots have been trying to drive into a night phase as quickly as possible.

Are you saying you believe currently there are town ascetics?
Makes sense (because mafia are Backup Ascetics). I have heard of closed setups having redundant Backups though, so maybe not.

Either way, only Town Ascetics would know about that so it shouldn't dictate scum behavior
master at being scum(my)
Jolyne
Jolyne
Goon
Jolyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Jolyne »

theres something i realized based on what val said and im gonna keep it to myself until d2, i think val realizes it too.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”