Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Up!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 136, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Now the work begins, and I can’t very well do my best if I clear everything up for you, now can I?
I'm glad your efforts are the only ones that matter then :shifty:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Critter »

In post 146, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I’m watching Dunn and LLD closely too. I haven’t forgotten them or tried to bury them.

But don’t you think it’s more informative to have two sources of tension than one? To see what one draws what people? To see how they are allowed to evolve and grow, or abandoned to the dustbin of the thread?

I’ll be able to make a move there tonight, when one or both of Dunn and LLD has posted again. For now it’s you, me and anyone who cares to weigh in.
I think sources of tension are informative when they are authentic. It’s hard to determine who is authentic and who isn’t and I am predisposed to anyone suspecting me being scum (which I am trying to shake) so I don’t find “manipulative” (your words maybe strategic) fights as helpful if helpful at all.

I don’t ever abandon anything that’s one of my “quirks”. I can get being subversive but I have a harder time differentiating that. So I guess it’s more of a selfish thing. Less subversive undercurrent easier to find town and therefore easier to find scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 am

In post 138, Critter wrote:Has anyone played with her before to speak to this?
No, but I would be very surprised if this were not characteristic.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Critter »

In post 151, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 136, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Now the work begins, and I can’t very well do my best if I clear everything up for you, now can I?
I'm glad your efforts are the only ones that matter then :shifty:
VOTE: Something Smart

Serious vote. I don’t like what M is doing that doesn’t mean she’s being the only one that matters. There’s a difference between not liking it and this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 am

In post 143, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I think I have a handle on Something_Smart. Not enough to build a whole read on, but a fairly informed opinion that can turn into a read pretty quickly.
Good frickin luck, is all I'll say. It takes most people a long time to get a handle on me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s bait, Critter.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Critter »

In post 156, Gamma Emerald wrote:That’s bait, Critter.
How so?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not really, but I’ve wanted to say that for a bit
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Basically I can tell he’s being sarcastic
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am

In post 154, Critter wrote:Serious vote. I don’t like what M is doing that doesn’t mean she’s being the only one that matters. There’s a difference between not liking it and this.
I feel like one of us is misunderstanding here. I was sarcastically pointing out that she was being cryptic in a way that might help her job but makes the rest of ours harder.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Critter »

In post 159, Gamma Emerald wrote:Basically I can tell he’s being sarcastic
Oh no. I think you misunderstand me. I am saying he’s scum because it’s sarcastic. I read it like Valley Girl tone of “Guess you’re the only person who reads matter”. It’s a put down to M while subtly agreeing that something I did was scummy.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Critter »

Tells me if Somwthing Smart is scum M is almost certainly town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 am

In post 161, Critter wrote:I am saying he’s scum because it’s sarcastic.
You're in for a rude awakening then.

I wasn't agreeing with her read on you; I'm not sure where you got that from. It's a put-down, yes. What's scummy about that?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 161, Critter wrote:subtly agreeing that something I did was scummy.
How is it this? I feel like in general you’re reading into things a bit much but I straight up don’t get this part
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Critter »

In post 134, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 111, Critter wrote: Therefore if anyone townreads Dunn I would expect those players to be of similar alignment. Eg if Dunn is town, person townreading Dunn is town and if Dunn scum person scum.
I'm not sure I'm following the part of this where if Dunn is scum, then the person townreading then is also scum and there isn't the possibility that town's made mistakes in townreading, especially when I know I've made mistakes like that before as Town where I trust the wrong person. I also don't see how if he flips green how the people townreading him are also town.

This kind of feels like scum trying set up a play, not sure exactly but definitely something I want to keep in mind if Dunn ever flips.
I mixed you up with StrangeMatter both S names my bad.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:24 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 161, Critter wrote:
In post 159, Gamma Emerald wrote:Basically I can tell he’s being sarcastic
Oh no. I think you misunderstand me. I am saying he’s scum because it’s sarcastic. I read it like Valley Girl tone of “Guess you’re the only person who reads matter”. It’s a put down to M while subtly agreeing that something I did was scummy.
I'd say deniably, not subtly, at the very most. I read it more like buddying you. Either way, because Something_Smart jumped too early (whoopsie doodle!), I got what I wanted out of this -- reads gathered include you town, Something_Smart leaning scum, Gamma leaning town, StrangeMatter hovering (which indicates scum for me if it goes on too long).

VOTE: StrangeMatter

But I don't want to wait for that to resolve. My read of StrangeMatter is that I'll be here awhile if I want to wait for it to happen. So I'm gonna shove here and see what gives, instead.

PEDIT: Well, looks like you got away from the "subtly" language at least.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Towelie »

Reasonable chance neither of {critter, SS} or {critter, Strange} are S/S is all i'm taking from this.
f the steelers
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 am

Buddying assumes not genuine, yeah? What makes you think it wasn't genuine?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:28 am

In post 167, Towelie wrote:Reasonable chance neither of {critter, SS} or {critter, Strange} are S/S is all i'm taking from this.
Yeah I was thinking the same way. That's a pet tell that I don't really know is empirically verified, but it makes sense at least.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:29 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 168, Something_Smart wrote:Buddying assumes not genuine, yeah? What makes you think it wasn't genuine?
Context.

What did you expect me to do? Give you the answer key?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:34 am

What about the context?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 167, Towelie wrote:Reasonable chance neither of {critter, SS} or {critter, Strange} are S/S is all i'm taking from this.
Perhaps
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m forming a few reads but I think I’d like to keep them a little closer to the best this game
<Embrace The Void>

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:45 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 171, Something_Smart wrote:What about the context?
I think I'll leave that a riddle for you to figure out. There is, in fact, an answer and I will, in fact, provide proof I'm not just making shit up down the line when I'm confident revealing it: it refers to 2 events other than your post, and the deciding factor is progression.

What do I mean by events? What progression am I referring to? I dunno, seems reasonable to ask but I think I just dropped all my answers in the dirt a second ago and I don't know what's going on anymore.

I'll check back in later, got some finance work to do. Tomorrow and Saturday are gonna be even dicier in terms of time, we'll see how it all goes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”