Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-4

Mountain Dew is going to be launching a 5% ABV black cherry flavor in early 2022 and I am SO ready to buy it.

Dunnstral (2): Lady Lambdadelta, E. M. M. I.
Venus Fly Trap (1): Towelie
Gamma Emerald (1); StrangeMatter
Toogeloo (1): Wisdom
Towelie (1): Venus Fly Trap
E. M. M. I.(1): Toogeloo
StrangeMatter (1): MUSHSHAGANA
Something_Smart (1): Critter

Not Voting (4): Milk & Mocha, Dunnstral, Something_Smart, Gamma Emerald

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate a flavor.

Current Deadline: (expired on 2021-11-02 20:02:57)
Last edited by Cabd on Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 199, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 196, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:(that's a Lord of Waterdeep reference, for those who don't play board games)
There is a virtual edition on steam with online turn-based multiplayer. It was fun but people don't really play any more, and the format with super long turns would have really benefited from being in a browser instead of in a steam game you had to launch, plus it needed to alert you of your turn when the game wasn't open.
(Yeah I play that version when I want to just zone out and do some math sometimes against the hard AIs. Sadly those AIs suck so I dunk on them but it's more about making my own score go super high.)
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm town who thought that you initially argued one thing and then switched to arguing something different without reevaluating in between. That's what I am arguing at the end of .
In post 198, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Yes but you're competent enough as scum to know what open claiming that on day 1 in the manner you did gives you a positive feedback from townies in a game like this.
No it really doesn't? Look at the player list again, I don't expect the majority of people there to think flavor = alignment in a game like this. And even if someone does, that is something that gets cleared up later.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 80, E. M. M. I. wrote: Page 3 - 4: Not going to lie, I had to read this few times trying to grasp what's going on. It still did not compute completely. I have no experience with Dunnstral (Or I could be pretending. Alt and all, hehe.) so "Dunnstral would or would not do this" part just flies over my CPU. I have my own theory about what is going on though. I think saying my theory out loud would not help anyone, so I am going to shut my speaker and VOTE: Dunnstral.
It's time for you to explain
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:31 pm

But there have literally been people who said this, and it's not always a conscious bias you know.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 183, Dunnstral wrote:That's not what you said though. You said that my claim of Code Red was a true claim in post 56, even adding "why wouldn't it be?".

Now you're saying something different, you're saying that Code Red wouldn't be in the game.

I think that this kind of logical inconsistency coming from you strongly points towards scum.

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta
regardless of the fact it's demonstrably a wrong vote now i don't like this previously quoted reason for voting her:
LLD wrote:I think Cabd would refuse to allow a massclaim to break the game, or at least would prevent the named townie syndrome from happening. Given my role, I'm pretty confident that either there are some flavours in the game that you expect to be there that won't (see: Code Red)
or that some of the Mtn Dew flavours won't be town.
you're kinda just pretending the underlined doesn't exist when comparing this post w/ 56
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 183, Dunnstral wrote:I have a light town lean on Toog because I think they softed their flavor which is +town for them, in my opinion
this seems about as lazy as the TR he gave on you; why is this town indicative for him in particular
f the steelers
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I didn't pretend it doesn't exist, it's the part you didn't quote:
In post 183, Dunnstral wrote:And the last part doesn't mean anything. Your role tells you that some people aren't town? That is inherent knowledge.
Saying "some mountain dew flavors might not be town" is silly. We already know that some people aren't town. You wouldn't have an informed role with that kind of info, is what I was saying.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 206, Towelie wrote:
In post 183, Dunnstral wrote:I have a light town lean on Toog because I think they softed their flavor which is +town for them, in my opinion
this seems about as lazy as the TR he gave on you; why is this town indicative for him in particular
Meta for them
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 207, Dunnstral wrote:I didn't pretend it doesn't exist, it's the part you didn't quote:
In post 183, Dunnstral wrote:And the last part doesn't mean anything. Your role tells you that some people aren't town? That is inherent knowledge.
Saying "some mountain dew flavors might not be town" is silly. We already know that some people aren't town. You wouldn't have an informed role with that kind of info, is what I was saying.
And it also doesn't point towards Code Red at all
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 207, Dunnstral wrote:We already know that some people aren't town.
i feel like that's self evident and very obviously not an argument she would ever be seriously trying to make for you being scum
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Towelie »

this is about to tank hard claritywise isn't it
f the steelers
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:42 pm

In post 206, Towelie wrote:
This is the smoking gun IMO.

He calls Toog town for softing their flavour, after having claimed his own flavour but claiming that actions is NAI.

Clearly he understands doign this has motivations for doing it, and his brushing off of my accusations doesn't sit well.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

My answer is that I didn't ignore what you said I did, and I proved it.

I'm not sure what is about. That's clearly not the reason I voted for her, the last part of what LLD wrote about mt dew flavors doesn't mean anything. This of the end of 183 as a disclaimer that acknowledges that I saw the last line, but explaining why it doesn't really mean anything.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think Toog is a person who goes out of their way to soft their claim when they are town.

Thius is only a light townread.

It doesn't relate to myself; I don't have that same meta.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 212, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:and his brushing off of my accusations doesn't sit well.
I'm not brushing you off. How do you expect me to respond to you? That you're right and that I'm scum?
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Critter »

You really have no opinions beside Toog? On anything?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I've explained my thought process at every step so far. It is being denied and you are telling me that actually I am doing something different.
Critter wrote:You really have no opinions beside Toog? On anything?
At the start of page 4. Which is when you asked me, no I didn't have any other thoughts. That's not true anymore but I haven't had space to talk about anything else, or to even give the rest of the game a proper read.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Towelie »

i'm having a hard time both ideating and elucidating on how i feel about this atm and is basically what i expected it was going to be, just a NACK of 210

i was trying to say that the underlined presented a consistent view of the world compared w/ to me
f the steelers
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 218, Towelie wrote:i'm having a hard time both ideating and elucidating on how i feel about this atm and is basically what i expected it was going to be, just a NACK of 210

i was trying to say that the underlined presented a consistent view of the world compared w/ to me
To me it looked like LLD started off saying that Code Red was a scum flavor, then when there was talk of mafia having off-brand soda it shifted into Code Red not existing in the game with no reevaluation in between. So it looked like she was arguing things to fit a narrative rather than taking a good look at things.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 216, Critter wrote:You really have no opinions beside Toog? On anything?
Look at the time stamps, I'm not sure I've gone 5 minutes without either being asked to explain something or accused of something. I've been under barrage this whole time without having even read the game or really
done anything
yet.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:58 pm

In post 220, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 216, Critter wrote:You really have no opinions beside Toog? On anything?
Look at the time stamps, I'm not sure I've gone 5 minutes without either being asked to explain something or accused of something. I've been under barrage this whole time without having even read the game or really
done anything
yet.
And there it is, unprompted.

I'm really confident on Dunn flipping scum today. This answer instead of just giving other thoughts is... yeah.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Towelie »

and i was saying the potential for her original idea of some mountain dew flavors (yours in this case) was right in that post and therefore not a contradiction

ultimately it doesn't matter if i'm right or not, it matters what you plausibly thought at the time, but just the manner in which you prepared to turn this into a 1v1 at the time felt awkward to me

i'm done w/ it for the moment; i'll let you get your bearings
f the steelers
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 186, Cabd wrote:
Lady Lambadelta is Diet Mountain Dew, Macho Activated Innocent Child, aligned with On-Brand (Town)
Omega sigh.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 223, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 186, Cabd wrote:
Lady Lambadelta is Diet Mountain Dew, Macho Activated Innocent Child, aligned with On-Brand (Town)
Omega sigh.
I know, Nacho spoiled us and none of these reveals ever hold up to that brilliant post :(
f the steelers

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”