Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-7

Dew classic is the fourth best selling Soda in the world, behind only Coke, Diet Coke, and Pepsi.

Dunnstral (3): E. M. M. I., Milk & Mocha, Critter
Venus Fly Trap (1): Towelie
Gamma Emerald (1); StrangeMatter
ssbm_Kyouko (1): Wisdom
Towelie (1): Venus Fly Trap
Lady Lambdadelta (1): ssbm_Kyouko
StrangeMatter (1): MUSHSHAGANA
Milk & Mocha (1): Dunnstral

Not Voting (3): Something_Smart, Gamma Emerald, Lady Lambdadelta

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate a flavor.

Current Deadline: (expired on 2021-11-02 20:02:57)
Last edited by Cabd on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 423, Something_Smart wrote:Meh. It's +town but not conclusive. Funny though.
I imagine despite how boneheaded she is as town, she’d actually fact-check things as scum
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 347, Dunnstral wrote:What am I avoiding Mush?
Well, you see...
...a lot of people had you pinged for red for a fair amount of time. As for this...
In post 348, Dunnstral wrote:Also I am not shining a spotlight on SM.
I think you might want to doublecheck that, hmm?
In post 298, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 296, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 294, Dunnstral wrote:Mushshagana writes a lot of words but reaches no conclusions and doesn't talk about their reads beyond "I'm feeling it".
Toog's post is weird because they are focused on the IC and not in a good way.
Strangematter asked a pretty legitimate questionvthat deserves an answer rather than them being disregarded and called scum without explanation
Which SM question was that?
283; I believe this is not the first time somebody asked something like this and it feels like Mush slotted them as scum for that post
LLD told you to cool it on that topic and you backed off, I admit. Given LLD is the IC and one of the more aggressive players this game, that would make sense /regardless/ of your alignment, since continuing to argue makes you the center of attention once again. As for raising the question in the first place, it felt perfectly in line with past activity this game from you -- you're in the spotlight and you lost your dedicated target, so you're trying to juke the thread of conversation to other people and/or just create noise in the thread and disrupt town. Anything else keeps the you-red discussion the center of attention. With the extra noise from the sidechannel back-and-forth between Toog and LLD, it looks even uglier, like you're trying to make Toog/ssbm slot look suspicious if you flip red.

I was initially reminded of Noraa's "townslip" in Death Curse (early drop of something that might get free towncred) by your post more than I thought LLD had a point about the roles in general, but your denial of the importance of flavor to roles makes you flunk /that/ test, too.

When I'm thinking someone is scum, I run the numbers on them being town also. What town activity do we have from you? It all looks like a caught child blaming their sibling for the offending behavior (not in terms of childishness but in terms of how blatant your attempts to redirect and deflect are, so we're clear). You aren't even being subtle.

So who else is on team with you? Not really asking, you'd never give them up except as a gambit, or Rule of 3 behavior to muddy the waters. More just pointing out that in my mind, that's the only question left for you specifically in this game.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Critter »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13077629#p13077629]post 350[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13077544#p13077544]post 339[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:If I were a cop and could check one person's alignment tonight, who should I check?
this is for everyone, even if they aren't LLD
A lurker if the elimmed person is scum.
Someone who is a null read on wagon if the person elimmed is town.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 359, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 335, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Also, as ever, I have other reasons I have no intention of revealing at this time. I'll remind the list that my vote is on StrangeMatter and move forward.
You have no reason to be this secretive, this feels performative.
In post 335, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Now, moving from that, I find it funny that Critter was accusing me of drawing attention away from Dunnstral vs LLD (note: those two were not active at that time!) when I was gathering player reactions, but appeared to be doing the same thing here as regards Toogeloo vs LLD, while those two were in fact active. There's another component too, the good ol' "let's you and them fight", pitting me as scum vs. innocent StrangeMatter while maintaining a distance from the interaction themselves. Note the distinction of drawing attention to myself and another player during a lull then, versus Critter placing the spotlight on two other players while remaining conveniently outside of the beam in the middle of an ongoing back and forth most recently.

My eye remains on you, Critter. This time, it's all on you that this happened, not a misunderstanding of what happened in the thread.
In post 337, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Apologies, I just doublechecked and it appears I confused you and Dunnstral, who is absolutely shining a spotlight on me and StrangeMatter while avoiding the beam. Incredibly weird mistake to make too, because you didn't have any spotlight on you at all and you didn't even mention StrangeMatter. I got no excuse at all, my brain just flubbed it.
A misunderstanding of this level doesn't really make sense. At the very least, it doesn't feel like you are giving Critter/Myself a fair shake, it feels like you already know what opinion you want to have.

Also, 337 is incorrect, I'm not avoiding anything or shining a spotlight on StrangeMatter

Fos: MUSHSHAGANA
Why is Mush scum for this and I am not getting an FoS from you?
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 415, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 110, E. M. M. I. wrote:Just curious; how popular is/was Mountain Dew DEW*S*A?
It was one of the last ones I tried before I started calorie counting and i really liked it. It was like sparkling berry, reminded me a little of whiteout which I guess makes sense because it was a mixture of whiteout code red and voltage
I think Kyo is scum more than Dunn

VOTE: Kyo
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 423, Something_Smart wrote:Meh. It's +town but not conclusive. Funny though.
I disagree. Up until that vote Kyo still hasn’t given a read. Seems very performative to be responding in the game then randomly go backwards and pick a post. This is something scum me does. It’s NAI at best.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 426, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I imagine despite how boneheaded she is as town, she’d actually fact-check things as scum
It’s not a matter of not fact checking. It’s plausible deniability, especially if Dunn is town. If Dunn is town she’s off it so she looks better but hasn’t given a read.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 421, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:On pg 5 seems to me Dunn claimed Code Red truthfully, LLD saw it and thought it would be believable for Cabd to make Code Red a scum role, but she didnt realize that town gets mtn dew flavors. Now she's claiming her role cant exist if town only gets mtn dew flavors and my guess is that's because she rolled a competitor and didnt connect that town would all be the tennessee original

VOTE: LLD
lol oops aha
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Towelie »

i'm probably here too

i also still think town gamma still being thirsty town

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 434, Towelie wrote:
i'm probably here too

i also still think town gamma still being thirsty town

-b
I want to see Kyo give a read before I consider that.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

In post 427, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I was initially reminded of Noraa's "townslip" in Death Curse
dont see it but dunn is still scum.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

If I'm thinking Noraa townslips, I am hella certain the first thing I think isn't OH DUNN CLAIMED FLAVOR IN HIS FIRST POST.
Like ehh his reaction was bad but the actual argument is just dumb
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Ok if that was offensive, I just want to clear up that I know LLD is town.
I respect her reads and judgement
However this specific reason she uses to SR dunn I dont agree with. I agree with the conclusion just not the means to arrive to it.
I'm calling it stupid but replace that with any other negative adjective to make it less offensive. I'm not trying to be offensive. So if it comes across offensive, I'm sorry.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 427, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:LLD told you to cool it on that topic and you backed off, I admit.
I don't think this exchange ever happened between LLD and myself?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 429, Critter wrote:Why is Mush scum for this and I am not getting an FoS from you?
How does that relate to you?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't agree with Mush's characterization of my play this game. I've talked plenty about myself.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 439, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 427, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:LLD told you to cool it on that topic and you backed off, I admit.
I don't think this exchange ever happened between LLD and myself?
This isn't really your day in terms of defending yourself, is it?
In post 301, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 298, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 296, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 294, Dunnstral wrote:Mushshagana writes a lot of words but reaches no conclusions and doesn't talk about their reads beyond "I'm feeling it".
Toog's post is weird because they are focused on the IC and not in a good way.
Strangematter asked a pretty legitimate questionvthat deserves an answer rather than them being disregarded and called scum without explanation
Which SM question was that?
283; I believe this is not the first time somebody asked something like this and it feels like Mush slotted them as scum for that post
I am not sure 283 is as valid of a question towards Mush who as far as I know hasn't played with you before?

You could ask it to ME, but... I'm not going on meta either.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 306, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 303, Dunnstral wrote:It wasn't directed at Mush but my issue is that Mush seems to be calling them scum for that
Okay then, so let's get clarification from Mush.

Mush, are you saying SM is scum for post 283 and/or other posts, and if so, can you provide some elaboration/elucidation on that matter?

Oh, sorry, I forgot to quote the more clear post.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 440, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 429, Critter wrote:Why is Mush scum for this and I am not getting an FoS from you?
How does that relate to you?
Because I made the exact mistake but almost comically worse when I got told to like erm read?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yours made sense because it was related to nicknames and thinking someone was responding to you. Mush writes paragraphs about things that didn't happen, and as I mentioned it feels like they have a goal in mind (scumreading certain players) while you would have no such goal.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 182, Gamma Emerald wrote:-_-
Which head is this?
Ooh I knew, normally I cant tell hydras apart but that was big pooks
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 186, Cabd wrote:
Lady Lambadelta is Diet Mountain Dew, Macho Activated Innocent Child, aligned with On-Brand (Town)
Oh weird UNVOTE:

I had 2 diets today tho that's all I drink anymore
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 421, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:On pg 5 seems to me Dunn claimed Code Red truthfully, LLD saw it and thought it would be believable for Cabd to make Code Red a scum role, but she didnt realize that town gets mtn dew flavors. Now she's claiming her role cant exist if town only gets mtn dew flavors and my guess is that's because she rolled a competitor and didnt connect that town would all be the tennessee original

VOTE: LLD
Scum most likely have fakeclaims so no
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 426, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What if she checked but decided voting the ic would be a nice move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”