Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-8

Samus, I'm impressed that you were able to make it back.
That trick with the Shinespark was very...ingenious.
I wonder how many players will see this message...?

Dunnstral (2): E. M. M. I., Milk & Mocha
ssbm_Kyouko (2): Wisdom, Critter
Venus Fly Trap (1): Towelie
Gamma Emerald (1); StrangeMatter
Towelie (1): Venus Fly Trap
StrangeMatter (1): MUSHSHAGANA
Milk & Mocha (1): Dunnstral
Wisdom (1): ssbm_Kyouko

Not Voting (3): Something_Smart, Gamma Emerald, Lady Lambdadelta

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate a flavor.

Current Deadline: (expired on 2021-11-02 20:02:57)
Last edited by Cabd on Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Critter »

I don’t follow what you’re saying. To me Wisdom has content. Sure it’s short but you don’t get novels from Wisdom.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 537, Dunnstral wrote:Do you have any reads/thoughts?
StrangeMatter, why does it seem like you have no opinions on what is going on in the game right now?
In post 103, E. M. M. I. wrote:So what exactly does Dunnstral do as either alignment?
In post 283, StrangeMatter wrote:Looking back, I'm not sure I'm understanding Dunnstral's scum gameplay. Last I checked, nobody talked about what Dunnstral's scum looks like, only that it is completely different from what they know.

So, can someone please explain to me what Dunnstral's scum gameplay is like?
This is what I was talking about earlier; has anybody answered either of these? I don't think it ever was, even when I brought attention to 283 earlier (not in a negative way).

Why do you two seem to not care that this wasn't answered, if so? What are your opinions on myself?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Something_Silent, I know you're usually like this but you seem to have even less to work with than usual this game. Am I wrong to assume this, and if not, why is that the case?

Towelie, you're taking more of a back seat this game than I would have expected. Is there a reason for that, or do I have wrong expectations, or am I incorrect that you are taking a back seat?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

LLD, my recommendation for today is that we eliminate Milk & Mocha. I think Pooky is playing to scum meta, and Noraa is playing to scum meta. At least, they should not be allowed to post as they currently are in thread unchecked. They still haven't explained why they are scumreading me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 542, MUSHSHAGANA wrote: Critter, I also want to sort SM, but with so little to go on there's too much noise. I need more data, which means more content.
If I'm just squashing the slot under pressure
, something will eventually come out. Or they halt, catch fire and fall into the dead thread early on, which is a totally preventable disease under these circumstances so I am incapable of feeling guilty about it.
What do you even mean by pressure??? The only thing you're doing is voting, which I know that questions and voting are two different forms of pressure, but of the two right now, one I would consider being more useful. Because right now, it feels like you, Wisdom, and Critter are doing nothing in actual terms of pressure.

If you want to squeeze content out of someone, you better make sure you're actually doing it and not faking it like what it feels like now.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 554, Dunnstral wrote:LLD, my recommendation for today is that we eliminate Milk & Mocha. I think Pooky is playing to scum meta, and Noraa is playing to scum meta. At least, they should not be allowed to post as they currently are in thread unchecked. They still haven't explained why they are scumreading me.
Which posts in particular and why?
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 553, Dunnstral wrote:Towelie, you're taking more of a back seat this game than I would have expected. Is there a reason for that, or do I have wrong expectations, or am I incorrect that you are taking a back seat?
I started my new job Wednesday and don’t have time to try hard 24/7, plus y’all are some wordy mfers in this game
f the steelers
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 556, Towelie wrote:
In post 554, Dunnstral wrote:LLD, my recommendation for today is that we eliminate Milk & Mocha. I think Pooky is playing to scum meta, and Noraa is playing to scum meta. At least, they should not be allowed to post as they currently are in thread unchecked. They still haven't explained why they are scumreading me.
I don't know if bork head is familiar with Bloodstained, but notsci head is. Pooky in that game was very blunt about sheeping like he does so here. I remember Noraa as a poster who... posts a lot. This game they are very quiet and have very little to say about the game. I don't find the cop stuff to be townie, the opposite in fact. And then when they slipped and said they were reading me as scum and never being able to explain why. Why did we collectively allow them to say "I don't know why my read changed"? Also, as I pointed out earlier, they were asking nothing questions which felt like scum.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Going through MUSHSHAGANA's ISO too reveals the exact same things as well, where they keep saying over and over about wanting me to post more but not once acting on it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

In post 388, Towelie wrote:dunn every time you encourage me i just imagine palpatine behind me going "yessssssssssss"

i don't know what you are yet but that's empirically not helping

-b
Congratulations you've unlocked a banner!

[QUOTED ALL OF THE SACRED TEXT OF THE BEARY BOOK OF BEARS]
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Last check-in before bedtime.
In post 555, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 542, MUSHSHAGANA wrote: Critter, I also want to sort SM, but with so little to go on there's too much noise. I need more data, which means more content.
, something will eventually come out. Or they halt, catch fire and fall into the dead thread early on, which is a totally preventable disease under these circumstances so I am incapable of feeling guilty about it.
What do you even mean by pressure??? The only thing you're doing is voting, which I know that questions and voting are two different forms of pressure, but of the two right now, one I would consider being more useful. Because right now, it feels like you, Wisdom, and Critter are doing nothing in actual terms of pressure.

If you want to squeeze content out of someone, you better make sure you're actually doing it and not faking it like what it feels like now.
Huh. I had no idea. I wonder if there's some reason that might be? One I've mentioned repeatedly and in detail in regards to a number of things?

I wonder.

But I'm going to let you have this one, because I'm about to teach you an important lesson.

Votes can be pressure, sure. So can questions.

But there is a secret path. Where you simply irritate the everlasting shit out of your target by bringing up their name over and over and doing nothing with it.

And here we are! Here YOU are.

But hey, I live to please. If you want questions, questions you will have.

Why haven't you taken any stance in this game despite at least THREE notable 1v1s the early dayphase pivoted on and multiple points of contention before, during and after?
Why did it take you this long to engage how I was playing directly instead of saying, effectively, "I didn't do it"?
Why does your ISO look like a barren field?
Why are you not scum?
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 558, Dunnstral wrote:
I don't know if bork head is familiar with Bloodstained, but notsci head is. Pooky in that game was very blunt about sheeping like he does so here. I remember Noraa as a poster who... posts a lot. This game they are very quiet and have very little to say about the game. I don't find the cop stuff to be townie, the opposite in fact. And then when they slipped and said they were reading me as scum and never being able to explain why. Why did we collectively allow them to say "I don't know why my read changed"? Also, as I pointed out earlier, they were asking nothing questions which felt like scum.
This is ans was notty.

I think that’s a weird comparison to make given the role he had? His role WANTED to die. I doubt Cabd made a similar scum role?
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 553, Dunnstral wrote:Towelie, you're taking more of a back seat this game than I would have expected. Is there a reason for that, or do I have wrong expectations, or am I incorrect that you are taking a back seat?
Would help if you outlined what your expectations are.

Noddy has been basically nonpresent due to the reasons he gave.

I wouldnt characterize myself as taking a back seat, but i dont have well developed reads atm. I feel like a lot of the conversations this far are a little bit derivative in that they are starting with premises that i dont necessarily think are AI (like whether a slot is pushing another slot, or underdeveloped meta talk), other than maybe with you, so im putting interactions with you at a premium, even if i dont have a lot of confidence in my ability to read you. I cant recall i game where i have had to try. I would like to continue whatever we have going on here.

my home internet is down till mon so im stuck on mobile till then so forgive lack of verbosity / presence till then

-b
f the steelers
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 564, Towelie wrote:
Would help if you outlined what your expectations are.

Noddy has been basically nonpresent due to the reasons he gave.

I wouldnt characterize myself as taking a back seat, but i dont have well developed reads atm. I feel like a lot of the conversations this far are a little bit derivative in that they are starting with premises that i dont necessarily think are AI (like whether a slot is pushing another slot, or underdeveloped meta talk), other than maybe with you, so im putting interactions with you at a premium, even if i dont have a lot of confidence in my ability to read you. I cant recall i game where i have had to try. I would like to continue whatever we have going on here.

my home internet is down till mon so im stuck on mobile till then so forgive lack of verbosity / presence till then

-b
My expectations are just... more presence? Being more involved and feeling like you are considering multiple people. Maybe I'm just thinking of ffery head when they hydra with notsci?
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Oh I actually kind of think Mushy might be scum. hmm.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 563, Towelie wrote:
In post 558, Dunnstral wrote:
This is ans was notty.

I think that’s a weird comparison to make given the role he had? His role WANTED to die. I doubt Cabd made a similar scum role?
I still think this is more in line with how they play as scum vs town
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Mushy/Dunn/Gamma?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 559, StrangeMatter wrote:Going through MUSHSHAGANA's ISO too reveals the exact same things as well, where they keep saying over and over about wanting me to post more but not once acting on it.
Why are you ignoring me?
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

it'd be kinda funny if none of those three were scum. that would be really funny
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 555, StrangeMatter wrote:

To be fair this is correct. I am mostly fishing for reactions to hunt. I do not have a top scumread right now. I more have a “would elim” group.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not feeling it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

If I dont get an answer from LLD, I'm just randomizing the cop btw.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 571, Critter wrote:I do not have a top scumread right now.
Huh.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”