Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-10

In some states, there's such a thing as can fraud, where you buy soda in a state without a recycling surcharge, then take them over the state line to get credit back you never paid. Clearly this is a plot to get more money to buy more Dew.

Milk & Mocha (2): Dunnstral, Venus Fly Trap
E. M. M. I. (2): Gamma Emerald, ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko (2): Wisdom, Critter
Dunnstral (1): Milk & Mocha
Gamma Emerald (1); StrangeMatter
Wisdom (1): MUSHSHAGANA

Not Voting (4): Something_Smart, Lady Lambdadelta, E. M. M. I., Towelie

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate a flavor.

Current Deadline: (expired on 2021-11-02 20:02:57)
Last edited by Cabd on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 924, Something_Smart wrote:And I can assure you that the more people engage me and hold discussions that I am interested in engaging in
You play w/ lilith a lot on the TLDNE hydra, right? How do you rate what she's done so far?

-b
f the steelers
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:16 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 922, Towelie wrote:
In post 505, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think when easy lims are pushed that more often than not they're town. This has nothing to do with SM's posting, just based on my impression of the pushes on them.
how do you characterize the difference between the pushes on StrangeMatter (easy (mis)lim) vs the ones on Emmi (a scumread)?

-b
I haven't reread to consider that - I would say the difference is not necessarily in the pushes (I'm wording it this way because I haven't reread), but in the players. SM I know is new(er). It's safe to assume EMMI is at least somewhat experienced because it's a gimmick account and I feel like those are almost always created by players with an established meta looking to have a more relaxing game where they dont have to play as hard to their established meta.

Pushes on EMMI, at this stage, feel warranted because there has been a lack of content after it has been promised. SM, otoh, is still playing, albeit weakly, and it feels to me that SM is town and EMMI is probably scum. If we turn up on EMMI and it brings some amount of effort it may turn out we're wrong on EMMI but until then this feels best.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 926, Towelie wrote:You play w/ lilith a lot on the TLDNE hydra, right? How do you rate what she's done so far?
I haven't played with her much recently, and I'm also not sure how much hydraing with someone gives insight into reading them because it's not like I was ever trying to sort her posts.

She hasn't posted much, what she has posted seems pretty average. Was there anything in particular you wanted my thoughts on?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Towelie »

Mostly just trying to elicit some engagement, and I thought you might have some insight about how she approaches town vs scum.

In addition I was kinda hoping lilith could be a backdoor into sorting that slot by someone with experience there after my colossal failure to get it right in MELO

-b
f the steelers
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 130, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 124, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Still waiting to see if anyone figures out what I've decided.
Are you not doing the exact thing you were just criticizing?
In post 132, Something_Smart wrote:Yeah, I suppose it's fine as long as you explain it eventually.

Whose response exactly are you waiting for?
In post 151, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 136, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Now the work begins, and I can’t very well do my best if I clear everything up for you, now can I?
I'm glad your efforts are the only ones that matter then :shifty:
In post 155, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 143, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I think I have a handle on Something_Smart. Not enough to build a whole read on, but a fairly informed opinion that can turn into a read pretty quickly.
Good frickin luck, is all I'll say. It takes most people a long time to get a handle on me.
In post 160, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 154, Critter wrote:Serious vote. I don’t like what M is doing that doesn’t mean she’s being the only one that matters. There’s a difference between not liking it and this.
I feel like one of us is misunderstanding here. I was sarcastically pointing out that she was being cryptic in a way that might help her job but makes the rest of ours harder.
These are probably the posts I like best from you S_S
You’re being assertive about your feelings but staying calm, you don’t seem worried about stepping on people’s toes a little
I don’t feel okay making a statement about how this fits into your townrange/scumrange atm, that might come later
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:09 am

In post 929, Towelie wrote:Mostly just trying to elicit some engagement, and I thought you might have some insight about how she approaches town vs scum.
That's fair. The main thing I remember from when we rolled scum was her doing a lot of distancing with our partner (who happened to be skitter, what a coincidence).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 931, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 929, Towelie wrote:Mostly just trying to elicit some engagement, and I thought you might have some insight about how she approaches town vs scum.
That's fair. The main thing I remember from when we rolled scum was her doing a lot of distancing with our partner (who happened to be skitter, what a coincidence).
Which game was this
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:21 am

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:07 am

In post 485, Critter wrote:Toog was not. Toog was very townie. That argument with LLD seemed really genuine. I had Toog as top tier town before Kyo reppd in.
I like this, I think.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:09 am

I don't really get Wisdom's reads this game. I have a lot of respect for him, and I basically sheeped him to victory in 8-ball, but they don't really feel satisfying.

That said, after 8-ball, he's firmly in my "never exe D1" box.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:10 am

In post 510, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Oh missed S_S in game even with the playerlist in front of me. Idk what to think of him at this point.
This makes me laugh every time I read it
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Critter »

In post 898, Something_Smart wrote:If by "Kyo's replace in" Critter meant , I already talked about that as well, but rereading it I do additionally think ssbm/Dunn is unlikely.

Neither of those things really gave me much. But I should be able to poke around and find some things to get me into the game today.
I meant general events that should contribute to reads. Not any specific post
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:12 am

I didn't really find anything else noteworthy. Obviously the replace itself is not alignment indicative.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:15 am

In post 562, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Why haven't you taken any stance in this game despite at least THREE notable 1v1s the early dayphase pivoted on and multiple points of contention before, during and after?
Why did it take you this long to engage how I was playing directly instead of saying, effectively, "I didn't do it"?
Why does your ISO look like a barren field?
Why are you not scum?
Moderate +town. Reminiscent of Guillotina in Yggdrasil.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Critter »

In post 938, Something_Smart wrote:I didn't really find anything else noteworthy. Obviously the replace itself is not alignment indicative.
Do you have any read lists/walls that can help me get a vibe?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:18 am

A vibe on what?
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Critter »

In post 941, Something_Smart wrote:A vibe on what?
You. I am having trouble sorting you so I was hoping a read list or wall would help
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:02 am

I'm skeptical of that. It wouldn't be anything but a recap of stuff I've already said with all the nuance removed. But if you still think that might help, I can do it.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by Critter »

I think you can do a reads wall/list and keep the nuance. Please. :)
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Well, that was disappointing.

Today just sort of burned down around me, despite my best efforts, sorry everyone. Business to see to, caffeine deprivation, and unexpected tasks RL side just smashed my time. I also struggled with motivation when I had time. Not the game, I don't think, I think it's the caffeine, but we'll see... I sure hope I'm not becoming a low-effort player, my posting style is too bombastic and weird to fit the bill -- I'll come across like a bad middle manager, and then where will I be?

With the lack of motivation my plotting and scheming is sort of unravelling before my eyes, so I'm going to go digging in a bit to see if I find anything useful to get back into the game. For the sake of posterity (and because whatever plots I had in mind are just lost now) I'll post a reads list that is 100% true as of right now, then just elaborate and correct when I reread. Reverse posting order because I can't think for shit and it's easy to do with the activity viewer thing.

Critter probably town? I have a bunch of nagging ghosts of doubts but nothing concrete is coming to me off the top of my head. Task for the reread.

Something_Smart nowhere on the rankings. I was hoping for more today, maybe I even got it and didn't realize in my hazy-brained state.

Gamma absolutely town.

Towelie... I don't have any thoughts on, and that's bad because I remember reading large posts. Another reread item.

ssbm. Hm. See, I think I agree that Toog pinged me all the wrong ways, but ssbm has done very well in recovering from that slide. I don't know what to make of so many players saying the absolute polar opposite was true for them.

Cabd. Confmod.

Wisdom ... I can't parse still. I don't know what is going on with that slot and I don't like not understanding what a slot is doing. I try and figure out things like that by crushing them.

VFT have only just started easing into the game, I'm unwilling to make any firm commitments there, but I like calling it town play for now.

EMMI was one I had some sort of plot lined out for, but I don't know what it was anymore. Doesn't really matter: lurkscum for sure, squash it like a bug.

The bears are irritatingly jokey, and I find it IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish the two heads. I just cannot parse that ISO and trying causes me actual pain right now. I hate their garbage pseudo-claim and I hate the way they dropped it early on D1 and I hate even more that doing this and getting away with it all feels well within the power of any hydra that includes Noraa as a head.

Dunn's sort of disappeared? I am very waffly on Dunn. It falls into what I call a read superposition: I have a very strong opinion on Dunn, and as soon as I decide which one it is, it's in for the game.

LLD. ConfIC and probably going to be very helpful for getting my bearings after this fog passes -- both as a known town slot and as someone whose mind makes some sort of sense to me.

StrangeMatter has been gone longer than anyone, and I'm still leaning heavy on scum there.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 945, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:and I hate even more that doing this and getting away with it all feels well within the power of any hydra that includes Noraa as a head.
I think it’s even more of a sin for Pooky tbh
<Embrace The Void>

Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 431, Critter wrote:Seems very performative to be responding in the game then randomly go backwards and pick a post. This is something scum me does. It’s NAI at best.
looking back, i really don't think this happened; ssbm seemed like they were starting w/ quoting low numbered posts, rather than playing the game in the moment and then swapping to going back to grabbing an early iso

-b
f the steelers
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 946, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 945, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:and I hate even more that doing this and getting away with it all feels well within the power of any hydra that includes Noraa as a head.
I think it’s even more of a sin for Pooky tbh
I mean... Pooky shitposts like a champ, but Noraa's scum game is just rock solid. Even if Pooky couldn't wiggle free on "lighten up, I'm having a giggle" grounds Noraa could probably misdirect or argue her case, make the person pressing her look like scum, fake-guilty a townie along the line, and still make it into most people's reads as "yeah looks town to me" after two green flips behind her.

They're a pretty formidable combination, and that is in fact why I hate their ISO so much.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I almost nominated Pooky for Don Corleone last year (was too lazy to actually write the post up) and am considering trying again this year (again, depends on my will to actually write something up)
He’s good at scum, TRUST ME.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”