Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1470, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 1463, Critter wrote:Take you VFT you’re the main wagon

lld
critter, gamma
wisdom
dunn, mush
strangematter, ssbm
emmi, something smart
towelie
mm

That’s you’re reads list. Where is your cutoff for would elim?
emmi's row and below, with ss being the border between the 2 groups
but i'm again just gonna point out that the broader exercise is probably not going to go anywhere just now
See not that hard.

I don’t get why people are resistant to who they would be okay elimming.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Towelie »

(Because it’s abundantly clear you’re using this to try and derail VFT without really fully going into your townread on them)
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1476, Towelie wrote:(Because it’s abundantly clear you’re using this to try and derail VFT without really fully going into your townread on them)
I already went into why earlier. You disagreed.
My reason is stilly my reason.

If a majority of people want VFT as an elim then they do.
I can’t exactly derail what people want.

Are you scared your miselim won’t happen?
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1474, Towelie wrote:@skitter

I mean I feel like 3a has been explained to death, don't get your beef w/ 3b, don't understand 3c at all; just trying to get pooky to fucking post, was voting him at the time too, fail to see how that's a buddy move, and for someone who both in the past has read me great on meta and alluded to wanting to do so here you're sure...not even attempting to get to the stuff that i'm sure you'd like if you did.

These takes all feel bizarre.

Maybe we'll dance some other time but I feel like this is an impasse.

-b
3a - indeed
3b - i think that most town back off when they spot a soft like that, but you kept pushing. i think that his play has been p townie, and i think u should see that, and i don't know what ur still pushign him over even
3c - you spent a very long time arguign with me that i should be reading their behavior as nai and trying to get me off of them

but yeah i do kinda feel like we're going in circles a bit, if ur town i think we're talking past each other
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Towelie »

fwiw all of 3a, 3b and 3c seem fairly revisionist too since they were all so recent (last game day or so)

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1477, Critter wrote:Are you scared your miselim won’t happen?
Big talk from chief of the “KYO IS FLAVOR HUNTING” committee
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1478, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i think that most town back off when they spot a soft like that, but you kept pushing. i think that his play has been p townie, and i think u should see that, and i don't know what ur still pushign him over even
notty thinks he's scum just grandstanding w/ the soft. I don't particularly agree, but I just don't at all see how it's inherently scummy to push a slot that we recognized a soft in. I clearly saw it by then. Everyone fucking did.

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1478, Venus Fly Trap wrote:you spent a very long time arguign with me that i should be reading their behavior as nai and trying to get me off of them
I was definitely doing the former, I don't think i was doing the latter at all.

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1000, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i would like to bump towelie down to a scumlean
i only started playing on sunday and i said the above on monday while the critter thing was happening so

i would also argue that 3a and 3c have been going on since prior to that so honestly i don't know what you're trying to say with that
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1480, Towelie wrote:
In post 1477, Critter wrote:Are you scared your miselim won’t happen?
Big talk from chief of the “KYO IS FLAVOR HUNTING” committee
I have accepted that I don’t have the words to convince on Kyo. She’s not a miselim though. It’s a matter of finding scum with her.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Honestly, the push on us is shit but I am skeptical that Dunn's buddy pushes us like that. I think it could've gotten us into hot water but at the end of the day, not worth it. At the time, we were pretty consistently under pressure. Our wagon was not going to change because of one person. Like joining isn't gonna make it go thru and not joining isn't gonna make it not happen. What I'm trying to say is that it's dumb to join a wagon like that and I think scum is more inclined to vote elsewhere and help this wagon along more below the surface.

I'd rather elim Dunn but if I get the hammer, I'm ok with this one too.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Also reverse mindset is a thing. Like the more you say one thing, the more people dont wanna do it.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1481, Towelie wrote:
In post 1478, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i think that most town back off when they spot a soft like that, but you kept pushing. i think that his play has been p townie, and i think u should see that, and i don't know what ur still pushign him over even
notty thinks he's scum just grandstanding w/ the soft. I don't particularly agree, but I just don't at all see how it's inherently scummy to push a slot that we recognized a soft in. I clearly saw it by then. Everyone fucking did.

-b
his entire play is literally based around being pr, it bleeds through his every post since then and i don't think he's faking it
you were trying to get me to acknowledge the soft and he was p clearly trying to indicate that should back off
unless you think he's faking it where were you even going with that

and r.e. mm you tried to talk me out of scumreading them multiple times and that looks partner-y to me

pedit i don't even know what to do with that mm post
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Towelie »

for 3c I figured you meant

was not at all obvious that 1000 has anything to do w/ notty's interaction w/ critter; it looked like it was due to my interaction w/ you. I don't think a soft had at all been discussed there but you made that post in the post right after you apparently noticed the soft, so i don't get why you'd have immediately altered your perception of us based on that.

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

why on earth are you scumreading dunn so strongly that your whole view on *me* is dependant on if he's scum or not
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1487, Venus Fly Trap wrote:you were trying to get me to acknowledge the soft and he was p clearly trying to indicate that should back off
I wanted to know if you decided he was town for potentially another reason, and if so i wanted to know what it was. I've already answered this for you

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Critter »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13088676#p13088676]post 1486[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:Also reverse mindset is a thing. Like the more you say one thing, the more people dont wanna do it.
I am aware of that. Ugh this is when I wonder if I should dip into my scum meta and manipulate people intentionally.

What’s your would elim list?
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1487, Venus Fly Trap wrote:he was p clearly trying to indicate that should back off
I know that. notty knows that. notty doesn't really care, we talked about it, decided that we weren't going to vote him at this time (i did not want to) but I was ok continuing the line of conversation

i don't feel like me repeating this again is going to convince you so

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1492, Towelie wrote:
In post 1487, Venus Fly Trap wrote:he was p clearly trying to indicate that should back off
I know that. notty knows that. notty doesn't really care, we talked about it, decided that we weren't going to vote him at this time (i did not want to) but I was ok continuing the line of conversation

i don't feel like me repeating this again is going to convince you so

-b
This is literally good cop bad cop scum.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1488, Towelie wrote:for 3c I figured you meant

was not at all obvious that 1000 has anything to do w/ notty's interaction w/ critter; it looked like it was due to my interaction w/ you. I don't think a soft had at all been discussed there but you made that post in the post right after you apparently noticed the soft, so i don't get why you'd have immediately altered your perception of us based on that.

-b
no, i very distinctly remmber your response to my wall upon repping in had you tell me that you thought mm was utterly nai

1000 was for both of u, notsci was pushign him for bad reasons, for him being in a contradiction that i didn't think made him scummy, just having 2 different approaches to the game at 2 differnet points in the game. notsci i feel like should have been able to reocnigze that, and was pushing him for things that weren't actually scummy

pedit i mean yeah we're kinda going in circles
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Critter »

I gotta go but will be back when I can but I am pretty confident in my PoE.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Critter »

I might trade EMMI for Smart in my solve but I am pretty much there I think.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Towelie »

His kyo push is awful, lmao.

But sure, he’s totally not scummy. Just like lilliths totally not sounding more like legends than FGO! And I’m aware she’s been AWOL, and I’ve been trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt but lmao.
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

ok i'm calling it a night, i'll be around (late) tomorrow night again

pedit again i've said this at least 3x now, there's some underlying reason for the push that he's not articulating that's making him convinced ssbm is scum but he doesn't want to say it so he's coming up with other reasons to push her.

you're ignoring the whole 'play makes sense once you understand how he's approaching the game' thing that i keep brinigng up because it's inconvenient ...

and lilith's sick and there's not much i can say or do about that other than i hope she feels better, sorry
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 919, Towelie wrote:I agree w/ everything you said in your post about them, but like, none of that seems like it's scummy other than the double-down, and my biggest issue was that there was a whole paragraph of qualifying non AI stuff before you got there. Even so, what is their objective here as scum other than pushing a read you don't agree with?
here is what i said, and the point was that I didn't feel like you should've gotten to a scumread with the thoughts you had, not that i don't think someone could potentially scumread them. I will admit my language here was imprecise (and I wasn't really scumreading them either at the time)

even so i feel like this is a hell of a molehill.

I can be done w/ this and you can have whatever last word you want on it.

-b
f the steelers

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”