Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:32 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

first of all *snag*
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:33 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

mods been getting too many pagetops off my long posts while I'm composing another one
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:36 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1542, Critter wrote:viewtopic.php?p=13039116#p13039116

Alt account 10 minutes given time I can read Cakez.

Just stop this.

If I am scum why?
This is not an example of the same concept. First of all, that was an anonymous game where you would have never been able to express a read based on the player being Cakez, as speculating on player identities was against the rules of that game. You did not
use
that as an excuse to delay reading a player/situation until the majority opinion had settled, or until later when you needed to pivot. All you did there was express that you could have read him.

For this to be an example, you would have to have avoided expressing an opinion on Cakez or on a heated situation he was in, at the same time saying that given time his alignment will be revealed.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Critter is MathBlade
just want to say that this is utterly awful form and i hope you never do it again

notty suspected it was mathblade ever since he brought up mathblade unprompted, but at the surface this feels very much like w13 math where he tunneled on a few slots most of the game and kinda refused to accept anyone else's worldview, so knowing it's math makes me townread the play more.

-b
f the steelers
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah outting the alt leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when everyone then uses meta. But what can you do once the cat is out of the bag.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Speaking of meta, what does ssbm scum play look like?

and look like town to me, I think that they are being tunneled still is surprising
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I personally think it was fine. Critter was attempting to have his cake and eat it too. You can't simultaneously preserve a secret alt and expect people to treat you the way they would treat someone with 30,000 posts.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:02 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1553, Towelie wrote:
In post 1519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Critter is MathBlade
just want to say that this is utterly awful form and i hope you never do it again

notty suspected it was mathblade ever since he brought up mathblade unprompted, but at the surface this feels very much like w13 math where he tunneled on a few slots most of the game and kinda refused to accept anyone else's worldview, so knowing it's math makes me townread the play more.

-b
I mean you're welcome to that opinion but I think it would be worse to play against my wincon and ignore the obvious scum in front of me who has spewed several players as town. I'd expect Koba to dunk on me if I was on an alt as scum and they found out.

Math tried to use Warehouse 13 meta to justify his scumgame in 2223:
Spoiler: Quotes about Warehouse 13 (from 2223)
In post 920, MathBlade wrote:
In post 853, oʍo wrote:Idk if math is like trying to sublty save manatee by pretending that their push is based on my honesty about how i view titus.
I think that if you want to read me, seriously understand that I in general, do not save people as any alignment. I argue and advocate but I do not “save” people without a mod confirmed inno. As scum I do not “save” buddies and as town I do not “save” townreads I defend them. If my defense fails and they are town then I learn who pushed them and who is likely scum from it depending upon how I push.

Take Warehouse 13 where I was sure DGB was town. I fought for it the entire time. It didn’t work and then I could go back to my PoE which pretty much was Cakez or Titus and got Cakez. There’s this illusion of “good” doesn’t miselim and having to be right that kinda permeates. It’s about stopping the wrong. If scum have no places to hide we are forced to win. I will sacrifice a VT to get a deep wolf.

Mafia is like chess to me and I ask “random” questions in advance and then circle back later and check for consistency and see if their vibe matches expected.

Eg if we have a ton of miselims and the person hasn’t been listened to all game. Are they frustrated? Demoralized? Or are they the same?

If they thought they were poked by a bad question on D1 is that annoyance still there D4?

Are they remembering their stance on a person throughout the game?

Scum don’t generally remember the micro trivialities and care about the now.

By pushing you on your Titus push (yes it was a push you’re not convincing me otherwise) I can check that against your other Koba games and see if you’re playing with a similar mindset.
In post 1826, MathBlade wrote:Take Warehouse 13 where I was sure DGB was town. I fought for it the entire time. It didn’t work and then I could go back to my PoE which pretty much was Cakez or Titus and got Cakez. There’s this illusion of “good” doesn’t miselim and having to be right that kinda permeates. It’s about stopping the wrong. If scum have no places to hide we are forced to win. I will sacrifice a VT to get a deep wolf.

Take this from earlier

If you are a VT I give 0 qualms about elimming you if it nets us the last scum or wins the game.

I am cold brutal and efficient Town.

I'd been digging for his main for a while and once I suspected it was Math I went to start reading again and was instantly alarmed by 121. I wasn't going to out anything until I was sure it was Math via checking the posting patterns and other languaging (such as writing "scape goat" as 2 words), because my hard scumread of 121
only
makes sense if Critter is Math. I was speeding through the catchup and was going to dive both accounts' egos immediately afterward when I saw he'd posted that and I knew it would be a waste of time to do that.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1120, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 944, Critter wrote:I think you can do a reads wall/list and keep the nuance. Please. :)
Okay, I guess...

Everyone else

If that isn't satisfying, well, I told you so.
This doesn’t say anything though.

This doesn’t say who is in your elim pile and who isn’t and it doesn’t give me an idea at all about who you scumread.
This isn’t satisfying because I have no idea where you stand on half the game.
Then you didn’t want to say who was in your elim pile.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:12 am

That list accurately described my read on every player in the game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:12 am

And I can give you my elim pile, but you aren't going to like it.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1556, Something_Smart wrote:I personally think it was fine. Critter was attempting to have his cake and eat it too. You can't simultaneously preserve a secret alt and expect people to treat you the way they would treat someone with 30,000 posts.
This wasn’t a “I want respect from 30k posts” this was a “I don’t want people to tarnish my reads because MathBlade”. I wanted to distance myself from prior meta while trying to show that I am improving. This was just me trying to not be me. It’s why I referred to myself in the third person and tried to joke post.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1560, Something_Smart wrote:And I can give you my elim pile, but you aren't going to like it.
I would love it. Even if it’s just me. Because more sorts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 am

I mean like, you had a bunch of questionable ideas and then got confused why nobody was listening to you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:16 am

In post 1562, Critter wrote:I would love it. Even if it’s just me. Because more sorts.
All right, here goes:

Gamma Emerald
Towelie
MUSHSHAGANA
E. M. M. I.
Milk & Mocha
Venus Fly Trap
Dunnstral
Critter
StrangeMatter
ssbm_Kyouko
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Critter »

And in WH13 I was fucking right on Cakez too the shade is noted Towelie.

Because they aren’t questionable ideas.
I am one of the best PR players on site. Now that I am outed I can say that.
When I say we should end the day we should ya know end the day.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:17 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1555, Dunnstral wrote:Speaking of meta, what does ssbm scum play look like?

and look like town to me, I think that they are being tunneled still is surprising
Large Normal 233, Mafia Goon, last alive on my team, lost
Mini Normal 2218, Mafia Odd-Night Strongman, lost (crashed and burned mechanically by shooting traitor!T3, but played decently enough the first Day to dodge some SRs)
Large Normal 236, Mafia 1-Shot Loud Visitor, lost, eliminated D1 (got dunked on hard by Koba and Norwee)

I used to win games as scum in my first year or so, but have not been doing so hot after hiatus. Pre-hiatus, I was scum in Birds of Paradise, Newbie 1764: Wind, Open 668: Diffusion of Power, Civilization Mafia, and Elemental Trinity (Hydra with Alisae, "No Bullying Allowed")
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:17 am

In post 1565, Critter wrote:When I say we should end the day we should ya know end the day.
If only you had been playing this game on your main, this might have had some weight to it...
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:19 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1563, Something_Smart wrote:I mean like, you had a bunch of questionable ideas and then got confused why nobody was listening to you.
Describes Math's towngame
In post 1564, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1562, Critter wrote:I would love it. Even if it’s just me. Because more sorts.
All right, here goes:

Gamma Emerald
Towelie
MUSHSHAGANA
E. M. M. I.
Milk & Mocha
Venus Fly Trap
Dunnstral
Critter
StrangeMatter
ssbm_Kyouko
Puts him in the elimination pile

:thinking_emoji:
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I disagree with the assessment of Math but why is he in your elimination pile if it appears you are recognizing this as his townplay?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1567, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1565, Critter wrote:When I say we should end the day we should ya know end the day.
If only you had been playing this game on your main, this might have had some weight to it...
And now it should.

And I am not getting into a meta thing with Kyo. I am not ignoring her posts I am deliberately not responding as anyone who has long term experience with me knows I am town knows how I soft and can go back find them rest of what I softed. Maybe why I suspect Kyo but that may be too far a stretch I dunno. I can’t decide things sometimes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:24 am

In post 1568, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Describes Math's towngame
Well if he were playing on his main then it would be reasonable to be confused.

But I think this does check out from my experience.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:25 am

In post 1569, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I disagree with the assessment of Math but why is he in your elimination pile if it appears you are recognizing this as his townplay?
Oh I misinterpreted. I never said that was his townplay? And besides I have you in my elimination pile and I townread you. It's because I recognize that my reads are often bad, and mafia is about teamwork which requires compromise.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1565, Critter wrote:And in WH13 I was fucking right on Cakez too the shade is noted Towelie.
Good. You could use a little shade w/ the attitude you've got.

You spent the other half of the game pushing Titus who wasn't scum. My point wasn't that your reads are generally bad, just that you're hard headed about them.

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1572, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1569, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I disagree with the assessment of Math but why is he in your elimination pile if it appears you are recognizing this as his townplay?
Oh I misinterpreted. I never said that was his townplay? And besides I have you in my elimination pile and I townread you. It's because I recognize that my reads are often bad, and mafia is about teamwork which requires compromise.
Dude just went to my if not Kyo this.
And what do you think I am doing? I have been fucking trying to get reads from people so I can heat map and LLD can do her thing. As much as I want Kyo I am not spamming the thread with Kyo!Kyo!Kyo! No matter the BS she keeps saying. And yeah you have several times said this is my town play in so many words.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”