Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

idk how I feel about you rn SM but that post just reads manipulative af
like "oh you're just eliminating me for playstyle reasons, you're bad"
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Critter »

I’d add Gamma to it but I don’t think he townreads the three of us and LLD pretty sure doesnt.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VFT I think is town
Wisdom I'm waffling on
you I'm suspicious of

I don't feel like I have any solid SRs atm so I am actually inclined to shift back into my "Sandra mode" I talked about earlier
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1670, Gamma Emerald wrote:you don’t even have the guts to stick to any of your TRs!
You're using charged language to imply that this is a bad thing.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:12 am

In post 1672, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And Critter, MM, EMMI and StrangeMatter really doesn't feel like a kill list that flips more than 1 scum ever, if it does flip a scum.
Maybe not, but it seems extremely unsurprising from ssbm at this juncture. Emmi and StrangeMatter are basically free lurker slots that anyone could put into their PoE, Critter and ssbm had their whole thing, and MM is two very polarizing players who have done some polarizing things.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:12 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1677, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1676, Towelie wrote:
In post 1673, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Once again, this feels like a list that was procedurally generated with end goals in mind as opposed to being put together from reads.
i know that you're mostly objecting to the reads not matching your own but i think if you iso kyo it's pretty in line with the trajectory she's had

-b
Cognitive consistency doesn't mean the reads were developed naturally.

I personally find it hard to believe that S_S is bellow EMMI and Stranger... and Critter.

There's a lot there I find hard to swallow.
I think you read the list of reads I posted as though they were town at top, scum at bottom maybe? I specified those were sorted by degrees of confidence, and that each hyphen separates my degree of confidence in the read. Hence why scum!Critter was at the top of that list. I thought you were confused by my pool of eliminations including VFT, but I think you also missed the format of that readslist.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1728, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1670, Gamma Emerald wrote:you don’t even have the guts to stick to any of your TRs!
You're using charged language to imply that this is a bad thing.
YES!!! That's EXACTLY what I'm saying! You're avoiding maintaining hard stances at all, which makes you way harder to read because all your reads have that stupid caveat of "eh I
might
be wrong". I might be wrong too, YOU DON'T SEE ME ACTING ALL SHEEPISH BECAUSE OF IT!
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1727, Gamma Emerald wrote:VFT I think is town
Wisdom I'm waffling on
you I'm suspicious of

I don't feel like I have any solid SRs atm so I am actually inclined to shift back into my "Sandra mode" I talked about earlier
I guarantee by D2 or d3 at the latest you won’t be. I am that sure.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Critter »

Like Kyo is pretty much atrociously bad this game.

If you want to townread her for being that bad go ahead but then substitute Mush.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13089523#p13089523]post 1705[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:also whoever said that shit about traction on me is like probly a baddie

was it towelie

i cant remember
Would you believe me and yeet yourself if I said it was your other head? Neither of you are reading anyways and you know I have no motivation to lie :lol:
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

When the Brutalism hydra called out that I tend to hard defend scum to the point it can be used to scumhunt, I took that on board, but I didn't as a result go "oh I'm not going to hard defend players anymore". Instead, I keep one eye open for when I'm sliding into that pattern of behavior, and if I suspect it's going on, I'll flip that read. Am I perfect about maintaining that practice, probably nowhere close, but it's better than stunting my reads formation!
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:17 am

In post 1722, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:What I find weird about StrangeMatter is they don't feel like they're reading the actual game... they feel like they're name-searching.
Fwiw my game sometimes devolves into this if I get disconnected enough. It's a reasonable thing to do if you're a lower-content player struggling to parse everything.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1733, Critter wrote:Like Kyo is pretty much atrociously bad this game.

If you want to townread her for being that bad go ahead but then substitute Mush.
nah Mush is town for me, and at a higher level than kyouko actually
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1737, Gamma Emerald wrote:

One of those players has to be. I refuse to believe all the flavor hunting and BS this game is town on town crime.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Critter »

I will be town by D3. Latest. If I am not then we will have scum dead to rights so who cares.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:19 am

In post 1731, Gamma Emerald wrote:YES!!! That's EXACTLY what I'm saying! You're avoiding maintaining hard stances at all, which makes you way harder to read because all your reads have that stupid caveat of "eh I might be wrong". I might be wrong too, YOU DON'T SEE ME ACTING ALL SHEEPISH BECAUSE OF IT!
As an authority here, I would like to respectfully disagree that it makes me harder to read.

My rate of getting mis-executed plummeted once I started playing like this. I do it for a reason.

And some people can read me. It's not necessarily easy, but the stuff is there if you know what to look for.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1720, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 1692, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1643, StrangeMatter wrote:I won't lie and say having a townblock is inherently a bad thing, there are flaws to (way too many times scum has been a part of them in the past) that too, but is a little hmm moment that all three of Critter, VFT, and Wisdom have town reads on each other like that. I've seen scum do some...wild plays where they townread each other (It's happened off site) but I really doubt that all three are actually scum.
I feel like your only motivation here is to shade us and break town cohesion
If you have specific reasons for any of us not being town, then say so
What youre doing is just scummy
Oh yes, let me make up something that’s happened before and call it scum motivation of eliminating the town block. Like this just feels like the response of “You aren’t allowed to question if scum is in the block or not”, which
when I have done that as town
, scum has been in or tried to get into it. I think right now you could be scum that’s just pointing out something I know people have said that is scummy to reaffirm to the others that you are town, in the town block.
Perspective slip?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1738, Critter wrote:

One of those players has to be. I refuse to believe all the flavor hunting and BS this game is town on town crime.
Believe it
It wont be the first time nor the last
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:21 am

In post 1741, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Perspective slip?
Highly unlikely. The post makes perfect sense to me.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:23 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1729, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1672, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And Critter, MM, EMMI and StrangeMatter really doesn't feel like a kill list that flips more than 1 scum ever, if it does flip a scum.
Maybe not, but it seems extremely unsurprising from ssbm at this juncture. Emmi and StrangeMatter are basically free lurker slots that anyone could put into their PoE, Critter and ssbm had their whole thing, and MM is two very polarizing players who have done some polarizing things.
I'm the only one who's saying that the cop and possibly the parity cop claims are theatre - implying M&M is in my scumreads because they have been polarizing is reductive and ignores the original point.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1742, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1738, Critter wrote:

Believe it
It wont be the first time nor the last
Lol not how belief works.
Like I don’t get LLDs reads at all or any common scumreads at all :/

Is there really no one in my PoE you’d elim LLD?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am

The cop joke
was
polarizing. I didn't remember that you were taking that specific line of argument, but it doesn't surprise me for that reason.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1459, Critter wrote:My list is this:

Towelie (hydra of borkjerfkin and notscience)
E. M. M. I.
Milk & Mocha (hydra of PookyTheMagicalBear and Noraa)
Something_Smart
StrangeMatter
ssbm_Kyouko

And it is because LLD can then pick a name from the majority and then if someone objects when on their would elim pile it’s a red flag.
Here it is and I only want Mush conditional Kyo town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am

Also, if you think it was theater, why is Gamma not in your bottom pool?
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Accusing me of flavorhunting, Critter? Find one fucking instance. One. Go for it, I'm waiting for you. You find one I'll self vote and push my own wagon to the finish line and that's a promise.

You won't, because it didn't happen. VFT is it for today, but leaving you alive is criminal. Get in the scumpit, and don't try climbing out, lying about my goddamn play like that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”