petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by petapan »

i continue to not think toogeloo plays this way as mafia and would mostly be stunned if they flipped scum but i have been wrong in a mafia game before

i still mostly don't think dwlee being so adversarial in the pink room is an approach scum would take at all. their play this phase too feels more like town getting heated than anything, little incentive for them blowing up over gamma suggesting they are scum

and that sort of leads me to pivot into my point about skitter, get that she's unwell/not doing great irl but the more i thought about it the more i disliked her play this phase. i feel as though she backed down on her scumread of me too easily without kind of really addressing the issues i had, and this is in a phase where scum would have significant motive to seek
detente
because with 4 potential eliminations they don't want to get on someone's bad side and get left behind. that was why i found her answer of who she thinks is scum unsatisfactory and consensus-y, and i feel like as town she'd be significantly more inclined to have suspicion of the gamestate here but i sense a lack of inquisitiveness. but this phase, the best ply is to not offend too many people and get chosen to cross, and that is what i felt skitter was doing with those reads, not risking offending anyone. meanwhile dwlee and gamma emerald are getting into a barfight

i also realize the things i was liking from here (tOnE, aggression) were not really alignment-indicative, i haven't felt strongly connected with any ideas she's had for a while and the dunn interactions i liked are...ulimately fakeable. taly and dwlee were actually voting dunn, skitter was merely getting into an argument with him while voting unwnd and pressuring him more, and if i go by the primordial swamp monster rules of playing mafia, i should weigh votes more than simple words
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5149, petapan wrote:but that being said this does strike me as suspicious, because you sort of came into the game going "it's okay if you flip me" then start barking at us to prove who you're teammates with and insult me for continuing to suspect you. the whole process makse me feel lie your responses are geared toward emotional manipulation into making people not want to leave you behind rather than anything sincere
We’ve had this song and dance before in this game, twice or more in fact. Could you be right in a sense, sure, but it feels like you’re learning nothing from what went down with me and with Galron/unwnd.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 5114, ulyana wrote:we should use captain idea (preferably me), send captain across, then if they do not die they pick next three, one at a time, then petapan should be five, when we send petapan the mafia would have to kill the fourth person on the bridge if they haven't made a kill already if all four town,
sure i will accept you arbitrarily without reservation because i liked your conversation with gamma and it'll be useful

however i ask that you not broadcast your intentions of who you are sending from this point on to limit any potential scum planning

i think from here we get enough people online and run things through since the clock is ticking, i feel mostly satisfied even if i haven't done nearly as much backreading as i'd hoped
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 5151, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5149, petapan wrote:but that being said this does strike me as suspicious, because you sort of came into the game going "it's okay if you flip me" then start barking at us to prove who you're teammates with and insult me for continuing to suspect you. the whole process makse me feel lie your responses are geared toward emotional manipulation into making people not want to leave you behind rather than anything sincere
We’ve had this song and dance before in this game, twice or more in fact. Could you be right in a sense, sure, but it feels like you’re learning nothing from what went down with me and with Galron/unwnd.
it can't be that everyone who says that is town

but you are missing my point that it is not the initial self-sacrifice offer that pings me (because i do not have that issue with dwlee snapping at you!) but rather her behavior after which feels survival-oriented and makes me doubt the sincerity of the initial willingness to be left behind
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by petapan »

anyway gamma i'm compromising enough, you get 2 in the PoE that i don't agree on, let me have my stance on her
free crypto
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 5153, petapan wrote:
In post 5151, Gamma Emerald wrote:
it can't be that everyone who says that is town

but you are missing my point that it is not the initial self-sacrifice offer that pings me (because i do not have that issue with dwlee snapping at you!) but rather her behavior after which feels survival-oriented and makes me doubt the sincerity of the initial willingness to be left behind
I can be willing to be left behind and still angry at getting wrongly sr, can’t I? They’re not the same thing to me but you obviously don’t understand that.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5154, petapan wrote:anyway gamma i'm compromising enough, you get 2 in the PoE that i don't agree on, let me have my stance on her
I’m not really fighting you on her being left behind though? I just wasn’t a fan of that particular point
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 5154, petapan wrote:anyway gamma i'm compromising enough, you get 2 in the PoE that i don't agree on, let me have my stance on her
Also, I’m not an object and no one speaks for me in this game. You don’t get your say on me regardless of what that is, no one does. I am far less upset about the bad srs then being disrespected by both you and gooey. I have never been treated that way in any game ever and the lack of direct interaction with my slot is really messing with me. I feel like I’m sometimes being discussed like I’m either not actually a player in this game or somehow treated as subhuman. I know people don’t understand why that affects me so strongly but it’s starting to adversely affect my mental health.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

I made that last post because if you and gooey continue to talk about me like I’m some piece of merchandise, I might eventually lose it. So, I’m very respectfully asking both of you to stop doing that or I can’t tolerate it for much longer. Thank you.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

You want to leave me behind, you address that to me, not to Gamma or anyone else in this game.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #5160 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:14 am

Post by Taly »

In post 5150, petapan wrote:continue to not think toogeloo plays this way as mafia and would mostly be stunned if they flipped scum but i have been wrong in a mafia game before

i still mostly don't think dwlee being so adversarial in the pink room is an approach scum would take at all. their play this phase too feels more like town getting heated than anything, little incentive for them blowing up over gamma suggesting they are scum
THANK YOU. I've said this since Event 3.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5161 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:15 am

Post by Taly »

Literally everybody I've scumread at some point this game (except for
Cakez/Peta
) currently has some fencesitty read on
Ulya
and I don't know what that means.

Like fuck,
Ulya's
a perfectly solvable slot but the interactions make me go
:eyes:
regardless of my townread.

I'm starting to wonder if that's more indicative of other players than her.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5162 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:17 am

Post by Taly »

In post 5135, petapan wrote:
In post 4975, Taly wrote:
Peta
, you are a treat to play with :)
thank you very much taly although this is very atypical for me

just am really invested for whatever reason

you continue to be great
haha same. Also, thanks :D

When someone refers to my town-meta after this game, I'm gonna be like:
"which event phase of
Taly
do you see?"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #5163 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Let's have ulya cross
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #5164 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 5074, Harley Quinn wrote:<peta stuff>
I don’t need to post every single thought that goes through my head. I think that both Peta and especially googey talking about me but never affording me the respect of directly interacting with me is not okay but at least Peta bothers to shade me by name but never quotes a single post why but whatever, I’m over it.
This is...pretty clearly not true? We interacted v. directly when we talked about you thinking the Toog/Dunn wagons meant Toog was town.
I can see how it might feel like I'm being a bit dismissive of you, but I think you're pretty likely scum compared to the rest of the players here and your reads feel more reactive than based on actual reading of the game before your entrance, which I don't view as particularly helpful. To answer your question from earlier I could see you as scum with almost all of the playerlist if I assumed that those other particular player(s) were scum (not like...peta and imo likely not Ydrasse b/c I don't think you'd tie yourself to her strongly as Scum/Scum which I feel you're doing when she'd otherwise be in a pretty fine position), and its particularly that if you can be scum with skitter, since you'd feel somewhat forced into distancing/bussing atm given the collective opinion of both of your slots. And if you disagree I feel like it's on you to read through the game and give coherent reads and give actual reasons for why you wouldn't be scum with person X or Y (and peta already made a similar point to this earlier).
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #5165 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Gammagooey »

oh and
VOTE: Dwlee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5166 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:10 am

Post by petapan »

In post 5157, Harley Quinn wrote:
Also, I’m not an object and no one speaks for me in this game. You don’t get your say on me regardless of what that is, no one does. I am far less upset about the bad srs then being disrespected by both you and gooey. I have never been treated that way in any game ever and the lack of direct interaction with my slot is really messing with me. I feel like I’m sometimes being discussed like I’m either not actually a player in this game or somehow treated as subhuman. I know people don’t understand why that affects me so strongly but it’s starting to adversely affect my mental health.
okay guess what

i don't care

ream me out if you want

you doing this explicitly makes me want to remove you from the game because i refuse to tolerate this sort of emotional appeal anymore

was the case with saber it's the case with you

maybe i'll look like a cold hearted asshole and a moron in postgame but i pretty strongly believe in stamping this sort of stuff out
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5167 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:10 am

Post by petapan »

In post 5156, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I’m not really fighting you on her being left behind though? I just wasn’t a fan of that particular point
meh ok
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5168 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:17 am

Post by petapan »

i actually have a vague ~theoey~ of who i could be misclearing but i sort of need flips to work with to see that i'm not completely off-base
free crypto
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #5169 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Gammagooey »

also I don't think I've mentioned my reads on Ulyana or Cakez much so I should prob elaborate on them since they're in the 3 votes for being left section (tho obv out of that pile I want skitter to stay behind)

Ulyana's style I found pretty hard to put a read on in my first read-through since she puts a lot of her thoughts & ideas out there but most of them are hard to follow their progression into a solid read - eventually I put her as slight town b/c of her posting with infinity around page 116/117 (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87782&start=2875), her trying to work out the Toog/Unwnd wagon unvotes that she found scummy with infinity (and other people to a lesser degree) felt like genuine scumhunting to me.

Cakez is mostly a gut town read - the one non-gut part is that he was one of the people actively pushing for a duel to include Dunn before it got much momentum. The gut part is that he is active and chasing people down and wants BLOOD at multiple times during the game which I think is more likely to come from town overall.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5170 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:47 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m wearing leggings at work and i’m very cozy
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5171 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i keep getting weary over these events because we’re all just squabbling and no one can agree let’s start chucking people over the the bridge
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5172 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’ll go 4th and tank a bullet if we send over 3 super towny people i’m ready to be a martyr
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5173 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Like i really just need to see some flips ;_; i’m useless and unable to reevaluate ahhhh
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5174 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Ydrasse »

I’m screaming into the void bc i’m on my work break but i’m just so ready to move on everything feels circular
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”