Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:35 am

Post by Pavowski »

Luke has been a little over-fixated on the slot but there's Luke/Marci history so that probably cancels out. I don't think scum!Luke dives in so hard on an elim there and I don't have nearly as many strong feelings about OtH. If I had to choose a side I'd choose Luke's.

Is it enough to vote? I dunno I'm not properly awake yet
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 460, Galron wrote:LLD hasn't made a post of substance yet. It's all been naked votes. If she's got a case to be made, she'll make it surely.
I doth not fav'r this
In post 477, Child of Fairies wrote:Just gonna claim now. I'm poisoned, I die at the end of night 3.
I doth not knoweth wherefore thee claim'd
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:01 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 546, Wisdom wrote:
In post 542, Off The Hook wrote:Also, good with our skybird vote, though a Luke wagon would be nice and spicy imo
That's what i thought too, gl vote above your post was awful
How do you people even use your votes Day 1?

Because it sure does feel like every single time I've used my vote to scum hunt, there is someone different appearing shocked and confused.

And this one is coming from the guy who is openly just planting his vote on the largest wagon of the day.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 551, Pavowski wrote:Luke has been a little over-fixated on the slot but there's Luke/Marci history so that probably cancels out.

To be fair (to myself) I tried moving on to new places with dv and then gl, but then Off The Hook just keeps claiming scum smh.

The fact that I have started scum reading both heads independently of one another sure does help me feel confident that they should die :good: :good:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

That is definitely the most I am bringing to the table today.

Getting ready to spend the next 4.5 hours helping the bride get ready, then attending a wedding, then reception.

So, see you guys tomorrow!
Tamora's Angel
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:30 am

Post by Tamora's Angel »

In post 527, Skybird wrote:
In post 524, GuiltyLion wrote:Skybird, what is your own read on Icebox?
Null leaning scum. I see them asking questions and interacting with people but I don't see movement in their reads. I didn't see much by way of reads period.

Pav, as I mentioned earlier I've been busy. I'm finding it difficult to follow the game on my phone and hope to do more from my computer this weekend.
Icebox is probably town.
May the Goddess of Honesty, Truth, Law and Expression guide your path.
Tamora's Angel
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Tamora's Angel »

Dunn DV JC Cephrir
Tamora's Angel
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Tamora's Angel »

Plus Lukewarm
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 556, Tamora's Angel wrote:
Null leaning scum. I see them asking questions and interacting with people but I don't see movement in their reads. I didn't see much by way of reads period.

Pav, as I mentioned earlier I've been busy. I'm finding it difficult to follow the game on my phone and hope to do more from my computer this weekend.
Icebox is probably town.
Your reasons for saying this?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Skybird »

Public service announcement: while my join date is old, I took off some time from the site and just returned a month ago or so. So for me, LLD's naked votes may be something you are used to, I don't remember seeing this. If her style means something to you, great. It doesn't mean anything to me and I have no idea how to read someone like this.
GTKA Skybird!

Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Bowser Jr. »

In post 560, Skybird wrote:Public service announcement: while my join date is old, I took off some time from the site and just returned a month ago or so. So for me, LLD's naked votes may be something you are used to, I don't remember seeing this. If her style means something to you, great. It doesn't mean anything to me and I have no idea how to read someone like this.
This is her third game in this style from my recollection. Last time she at least answered yes or no questions, but majority of the game refused to try and sort her on principle. This time she’s not doing that, so it’s understandable to be hard to read. It was also likely a decision that was made prior to the game, so realistically no bearing on alignment (that she chose this posting style). Again, she’s welcome to say this is wrong but I’m trying to explain it.

Thats part of my heads issue with DV- immediately jumping to her defense when frankly she SHOULD be difficult to read in this instance?

As for Icebox, both heads hate drawing scum and it seeps into their tone, Bell head in particular. The snark and paranoia about me in particular is more likely to come from Bell-town, who got burned in our last game together through his read on me. He was always going to be extra paranoid our first game after, and this is what I expected to see. I think it would be more suggested and not acted on if he were scum, as he’s familiar enough with me to know my WIM as town blows his scum WIM out of the water. This is a meta read, but I think I’ve phrased it to where it’s understandable? But if they are scum- look for Giffy outright vanishing and bell feeling flimsy.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 531, Cephrir wrote:
In post 530, DeasVail wrote:I kind of like Skybird's Icebox read. Icebox has sort of been on my radar more as well since my previously expressed reads.
I don't! I doubt think enough has happened to warrant an expectation that anyone would have shifted their reads. I feel like the accusation as they put it could be leveled at practically anyone. What merit do you see here? And yes I am asking you to explain someone else's read.
We have 23 pages of material to look through. You don't think that'll is enough to start developing reads? As far as shifting reads DV has gone from slightly scum reading me to null back to scum reading me.

Icebox has enough posts that I would think to see developing reads from them.

P-edit: Thanks Bowser. I appreciate the info.
GTKA Skybird!

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 562, Skybird wrote:We have 23 pages of material to look through. You don't think that'll is enough to start developing reads? As far as shifting reads DV has gone from slightly scum reading me to null back to scum reading me.

having reads, sure, although this game has been a little boring for me so far and i personally don't have many. changing reads, idk, hard for me to feel like that's reasonable when i haven't even finished developing initial reads yet
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: LLD
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Child of Fairies
Child of Fairies
Townie
Child of Fairies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Child of Fairies »

I can't tell if Dunnstral is doing the shakespeare english thing just because or if it's part of his role
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Wisdom »

Just because
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 541, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 468, GuiltyLion wrote:I need to look through that game Luke sent me,
I think I did notice in skimming it that COF missed somebody's claim
so TBD on if it changes my mind at all when I have time to do a proper deep dive, which is not now unfortunately
@GuiltyLion, Child of Fairies was not in this game, meaning you could not have seen anything from them on a skim -- care to weigh in?

Cause I am having a hard time looking at this, and not thinking "this is a bold faced lie"

VOTE: guiltylion
I had already noticed COF's past game history was sparse, so when you mentioned games together I figured it was a publicly known alt account. Then you linked me to a game where you said COF replaced into your slot, and I saw StrangeMatter replaced into your slot, so I figured it was a StrangeMatter alt. The fact that you might be confused/mistaken didn't even really cross my mind because it's such a massive thing to be mistaken about, I didn't take you to be that careless.

I had skimmed a bit of the first half of StrangeMatter's ISO but wanted to read the game in context when I had the time/energy for it, but alas that hasn't happened yet because I'm lazy and reading a single game that I'm playing in is hard enough work as it is. Kinda glad I don't need to now :] For the record, 1) here and 2) here are the posts I had seen and referenced about missing somebody's claim.

The fact that you're quick to just assume that I would boldly lie about that is somewhat representative of my issues with your play this game, Luke. It just feels so surface level, and I don't remember clocking you as a surface-level player in Divide and Conquer. Why on earth would I just make up such a lie if I were scum?

First off, it's just inherently risky to completely make shit up, because people will notice and call you on things if they try to also look at the meta/ISO you're talking about.

But second, in context of
this game
specifically, you had said you weren't sure if COF was scum (despite what I see as a fairly scummy instance of completely missing thread context) because you'd seen him similarly miss things as town, and I was thinking I should gather evidence so I could both understand your take better and possibly recalibrate on COF if I'm wrong. If I'm scum and COF is town, they are a classically easy slot to push on D1 and not draw any suspicion, very low activity, already done things that appear scummy, nobody is hard townreading them. Why would I go through the effort to try to give myself reasons to doubt my projected fake scumread and have to move elsewhere? How would making up this "bold faced lie" benefit a scum!GL in any way?

If I were scum and I noticed COF wasn't in that game you linked, I'd honestly probably still make the COF=StrangeMatter assumption but my mindset would be to find reasons to keep my vote on COF, not reasons to move it away. And I probably would want to explicitly confirm that they're the same player cause if they're not then it completely invalidates your pushback on my scumread.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I dunno I kinda would think the StrangeMatter/COF mistake is weird enough to be more likely to come from a town!Lukewarm most of the time... is scum that careless to even link to a game and not confirm it's the same player?, but trying to then accuse me of lying about looking at the game linked when I referenced an easily checkable event is lazy/bad play that I wouldn't expect from town normally.

I'm probably still thinking town!Luke here because I do believe scum is a lot more careful about appearances than that but Luke you gotta get your head in the game man
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Wisdom »

I think i like 560 too
Looks like she genuinely wants to read lld
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 563, Cephrir wrote:
In post 562, Skybird wrote:We have 23 pages of material to look through. You don't think that'll is enough to start developing reads? As far as shifting reads DV has gone from slightly scum reading me to null back to scum reading me.

having reads, sure, although this game has been a little boring for me so far and i personally don't have many. changing reads, idk, hard for me to feel like that's reasonable when i haven't even finished developing initial reads yet
No problem Ceph, we can agree to disagree.
GTKA Skybird!

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I like Wisdom and Skybird a lot more on the past two pages but I'm not sure how that's going to have to impact the state of the rest of my reads

I feel the same as Pav in but I'm not sold on needing to choose a side yet, I can imagine Gamma's play as town

I'm still searching for that one D1 scumread that feels True and Good
Tamora's Angel
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Tamora's Angel »

In post 559, Skybird wrote:
In post 556, Tamora's Angel wrote:

Icebox is probably town.
Your reasons for saying this?
Bell but I reserve the right to change my mind.

Thoughts on my suspects?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

Now fair befall you!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

Heigh, my hearts!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”