Newbie 2082 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 188, implosion wrote:I'd like you to take a step back and think about why Val would be playing this way if he's scum. What does he gain from doing it?
Unfortuntely, I think you are wasting you time with this one, too. He has already demostrated he knows what you mean here, but only applies it when considering another scummy slot.
In post 141, Greeting wrote:When it comes to Thynhith, posts like 50, 82, 85 are very towny tbf. Mafia, especially newbie mafia do not put themselves at risk like that.
Do we also honestly believe he actually doesn't understand what he is doing when doubling down and making posts like ? I don't.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 199, igorsprite wrote:why are you guys still talking about me ? .-.
If you "you guys", you mean "greeting", it's because he is hoping people will comment and make clear they beleive your claim, and thus immeadately ruling themselves out as that one town-aligned player that can immediately tell a tracker claim is fake, in 7 out of 9 combinations.

He has ironically made my point for me, and yet still continues. He probably suspects he will draw suspision if he backs down now, so he is doubling down in the hope other slots with be drawn into this exchange and his partner at least gets something out of this.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 200, Val89 wrote:
In post 188, implosion wrote:I'd like you to take a step back and think about why Val would be playing this way if he's scum. What does he gain from doing it?
Unfortuntely, I think you are wasting you time with this one, too. He has already demostrated he knows what you mean here, but only applies it when considering another scummy slot.
In post 141, Greeting wrote:When it comes to Thynhith, posts like 50, 82, 85 are very towny tbf. Mafia, especially newbie mafia do not put themselves at risk like that.
Do we also honestly believe he actually doesn't understand what he is doing when doubling down and making posts like ? I don't.
Just because you plead for town to refuse to consider game mechanics doesn’t mean I’m going to follow. Especially since I think you’re scum.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Val89 »

Point in evidence.

I rest my case.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Greeting »

You know what? Normally, I don’t do this but this time I think it’s worth it.

Put me at E-1 and I’ll hammer myself. On the condition that you vote out Val89 the next day.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Val89 »

Not claiming VT, by the way :roll:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 205, Val89 wrote:Not claiming VT, by the way :roll:
Hush there, scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 204, Greeting wrote:Put me at E-1 and I’ll hammer myself.
Please, please do not do this if you're town.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by implosion »

I absolutely promise if you're town that you selfhammering is the very last thing that would ever convince me that Val is scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by implosion »

And beyond that as a newbie game spiel: self-hammering in general, except in very specific circumstances, is bad play. If you're mafia and want to cut off info for the town, fine. If you're town and the deadline is about to run out and you don't want the day to end in a no-lim, sure. If you're unhappy with how the day is going, or with your wagon, or with people disagreeing with your reads... then please, just take a step back from the game and come back to it later with a clearer head.
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by MafMen »

In post 204, Greeting wrote:You know what? Normally, I don’t do this but this time I think it’s worth it.

Put me at E-1 and I’ll hammer myself. On the condition that you vote out Val89 the next day.
???
bro what why
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by MafMen »

im with you for a lot of this then suddenly you whip that out
if you are town you should never selfhammer, there is no precedent for you to do so

one for one type deals are also bad
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by MafMen »

the only time selfhammering
might
come in use is when youre scum intending to cut discussion
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by MafMen »

oh cool im late so i sound like a parroting idiot
whatevs
~ Klick
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by catboi »

I see the game exploded while I was away, not typical for weekend activity. I can't find the energy to properly catch up right now, apologies.
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by frogsfrogs »

I really thought Greeting and Val were both town arguing from different experience but this has absolutely spiraled now. :S

I guess I'd prefer to be talking about Val's new info from 180 re: Thynhith. I think it has some merit. The mentioned posts seemed totally town lean to me, but with greater context putting some doubt on them I see not much else I like?

VOTE: Thynhith
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:08 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 215, frogsfrogs wrote:I really thought Greeting and Val were both town arguing from different experience but this has absolutely spiraled now. :S

I guess I'd prefer to be talking about Val's new info from 180 re: Thynhith. I think it has some merit. The mentioned posts seemed totally town lean to me, but with greater context putting some doubt on them I see not much else I like?

VOTE: Thynhith
Thread has really ballooned quickly. Not surprised to see that with Val in the game. Focusing on me atp would be derailing town. I would advise everyone to look at Val/Greeting more carefully. There's definitely something there that irks me, and I'll get a reread on the day as soon as I can.
One interesting thing of note is that scum!Val in our last game had a similar argument with Margot. Won't regale you with all the details, but he'll definitely try his best to come away looking townier. In fact his insistence on getting stuck on a seemingly less important point could be a red flag in itself, to trip up town and control the thread.
Consider this a notice for decreased activity for a few days. Have a bunch of irl stuff coming up, so expect me to be dipping out.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:20 am

Post by Thynhith »

Note to self and town: post 642
The previous game's Val/Margot argument starts here, if anyone wants to take a look
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:10 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

Noted on the activity. See ya soon! o/

Honestly I consider the derail to be doing more arguing about Greeting vs Val right now. I don't think Greeting proposing to self hammer makes him look more scummy and I don't think it says anything about Val. :?
pseudoAristotle
pseudoAristotle
Townie
pseudoAristotle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:41 am

Post by pseudoAristotle »

UNVOTE: :

looks like this game has heated up significantly, I'm going to be on reduced activity the next couple of days for some IRL things. For now I'm unvoting my Margot vote which is now a Val vote, there's a lot of stuff happening that I can't meaningfully develop a case for/against without doing more reading.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 216, Thynhith wrote:Focusing on me atp would be derailing town. I would advise everyone to look at Val/Greeting more carefully.
In post 218, frogsfrogs wrote: Honestly I consider the derail to be doing more arguing about Greeting vs Val right now.
Right on the money again. Put me down for a frog townread.

I think there is plenty to bite into already to make your mind up where you fall on the Me/Greeting debate. I note that Thyn wants to encourage everyone to look carefully without actually taking a stance himself. He wants everyone to look over here, without commiting himself, and describes shifting focus elsewhere as a "derailment". I don't think shifting attention elsewhere, even temporarily, can be consider a derailment, unless Thyn thinks there should be a train now barreling down the tracks towards the lim of either myself or Greeting today, and if he has taken such a strong stance, where is the vote? I don't think his vote is doing much where it is at the moment.

Sorting that slot is a useful excerise and basically saying 'oh no, keep looking at these two, don't look elsewhere, that would be a mistake' pings me hard, particulary if (and I don't think this is the case at the moment, but I recognise I don't get it correct all the time) implosion ends up on the right side of history, and it does prove TvT. He also seems to suggest that I am 'insisiting on getting stuck on a seemingly less important point', and that I could be motivated to 'trip up town and control the thread', but no, let's all continue to focus on that point, shall we?

That's a heavily scummy post to my eyes; but, I guess there isn't much to be done presently if he is going on V/LA.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Val89 »

Thinking more widely, while I don't like either of
MafMen
nor
Thyn
individually, I don't beleive Thyn and MafMen are both scum. I don't think, if I am right about Thyn drawing from my own scum game, you would point that fake-TMI read towards your partner. One of the two is town, and just not playing in a manner I'm reading as town. I'm sure that will resolve with time.

I'm happy townreading
implosion
and
frogsfrogs
, at this point, and I also consider
pseduoAritstotle
a townlean at this moment, although it isn't very strong. That leaves
catboi
, who sits at null, and once I've had an oppotunity to establish a read there, and I can firm up the read on Aristotle, I think that leaves a PoE that leaves me in good shape going forward.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 204, Greeting wrote:You know what? Normally, I don’t do this but this time I think it’s worth it.

The offer’s on the table. Of course that means we’ll lose one townie, but the beauty of being a VT (yes, this is a claim) is that my sacrifice wouldn’t necessarily be bad for town. And if it takes down a scum then I think it’s worth it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:50 am

Post by catboi »

I think the townreads being expressed on frogsfrogs are very, very premature.

I like implosion's quite a bit, first two thoughts are similar to my own, points on Thynhith aren't bad at a glance, did not like thyn's vote on igor when I looked at it.

Don't really agree with Greeting's , can easily see scum making those sorts of posts. Think Greeting's townread on me was a bit too early for what I've actually done this game, but meh
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:51 am

Post by catboi »

In post 222, Greeting wrote:

The offer’s on the table. Of course that means we’ll lose one townie, but the beauty of being a VT (yes, this is a claim) is that my sacrifice wouldn’t necessarily be bad for town. And if it takes down a scum then I think it’s worth it.
I don't remember you reacting this explosively to getting tunneled in our last game. What's up?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”