ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5350 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5349, ulyana wrote:
In post 5347, Taly wrote:I prompted Ulya to roast me and she's chosen pretty mild posts to ask clarification on so far
what? i don't see how this is even remotely accurate
you asked if you were 'hard to read', i said if you're town you intentionally make yourself harder to read by not being transparent and not being willing to answer questions, then you asked for examples of you doing that and provided the first that came to mind and then the first i found in your iso

like obviously you know you're doing it so i don't even get your line of questioning
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5351 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5350, ulyana wrote:
In post 5347, Taly wrote:I prompted Ulya to roast me and she's chosen pretty mild posts to ask clarification on so far
you asked if you were 'hard to read', i said if you're town you intentionally make yourself harder to read by not being transparent and not being willing to answer questions, then you asked for examples of you doing that and provided the first that came to mind and then the first i found in your iso

like obviously you know you're doing it so i don't even get your line of questioning
like why exactly are you even asking if you're 'hard to read'? or is that another question you're unwilling to answer?
j'aurai disparu
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #5352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Taly »

I mean, this seems subjective so
In post 5351, ulyana wrote:
In post 5350, ulyana wrote:

like why exactly are you even asking if you're 'hard to read'? or is that another question you're unwilling to answer?
Yo, I'm just trying to get slots to spew so I can better discern who is likelier informed or not, it's not that deep. That's the most simplistic motivation behind almost every post you can have a question about in my ISO.

But I will digress in the posts you linked since the purpose behind me doing them has passed.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5353 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5352, Taly wrote:Yo, I'm just trying to get slots to spew so I can better discern who is likelier informed or not, it's not that deep. That's the most simplistic motivation behind almost every post you can have a question about in my ISO.

But I will digress in the posts you linked since the purpose behind me doing them has passed.
i'm not asking about them right now i don't understand what is happening here
j'aurai disparu
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5354 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by petapan »

didnt even see the flip i had a long day

unfortunate but not unexpected

what are the votes at
free crypto
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5355 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5354, petapan wrote:didnt even see the flip i had a long day

unfortunate but not unexpected

what are the votes at
i think there's one on you? and my vote's probably there as well i just wanted to recheck the pt and look at a few other things before putting it back
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5356 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5352, Taly wrote:Yo, I'm just trying to get slots to spew so I can better discern who is likelier informed or not, it's not that deep. That's the most simplistic motivation behind almost every post you can have a question about in my ISO.
it's like, why do you think i ask you questions, if everything you're doing is so simple it should be easily explained right? but it hasn't been nor has it been apparent,
j'aurai disparu
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #5357 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 5283, Ydrasse wrote:in retrospect that was the most obvious thing the mafia could do and we're idiots
personally don't think we're idiots for at least giving a shot at getting an advantage from the wagoning order, but if anyone had expectations above "mayybe we get a bit of info" then those were prob a bit high. Now that the kills happened, I can say that unless mafia wanted/needed a particular player dead TERRIBLY badly one of the better strats for them that event is prob killing in the first two send-ees, so anyone getting sent 5th-8th was prob safe for that player in my mind.

I can roll with voting like half the playerlist since order doesn't matter anymore, biggest preference is Taly but I'll hold off voting for a bit since the game chilling for a day or so for Tamora's Angel to read and everyone to catch their breath mentally seems nice. Also I think I missed a few pages when I read through b/c I missed something about pairs almost entirely

Oh and one last thing for Taly & Ulyana mostly -
In post 5352, Taly wrote: But I will digress in the posts you linked since the purpose behind me doing them has passed.
In post 5356, ulyana wrote:
it's like, why do you think i ask you questions, if everything you're doing is so simple it sIhould be easily explained right? but it hasn't been nor has it been apparent,
I know Ulyana said she wasn't asking about them right now but I do think sharing the reasons/logic behind a few things you asked earlier would be helpful so Ulyana can see where you're coming from better.
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5358 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5357, Gammagooey wrote:I know Ulyana said she wasn't asking about them right now but I do think sharing the reasons/logic behind a few things you asked earlier would be helpful so Ulyana can see where you're coming from better.
it's infinitely more useful in the moment like i ask people who are there when i am for a reason
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5359 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5358, ulyana wrote:
In post 5357, Gammagooey wrote:I know Ulyana said she wasn't asking about them right now but I do think sharing the reasons/logic behind a few things you asked earlier would be helpful so Ulyana can see where you're coming from better.
it's infinitely more useful in the moment like i ask people who are there when i am for a reason
my general point was

taly, if town,

is making himself intentionally difficult to read

so taly asking 'am i difficult to read?'

is ridiculous

or possibly cheeky
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5360 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5359, ulyana wrote:is ridiculous

or possibly cheeky
so i was trying to figure out which of these seemed most likely, but taly just acting like i wanted those answers right now, which is, uh, ??????????????
j'aurai disparu
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5361 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 5343, ulyana wrote:
In post 91, Taly wrote:
In post 49, ulyana wrote:multiple volunteers seems so odd to me,

it is like, what is it you are hoping will occur when chosen?
I have no expectations, that's the fun of it!

If I explained my motive, that would defeat the point.

Well, I didn't know what the vote was for in Event 1, but believed scum did.

One was that the chair was for something negative, so I figured scum would want to wagon a townie who is enthusiastic for an elimination or punishment. Alternatively, I think town would generally have more cautious viewpoints over me wagoning myself or at least inquiry me like you did - but without trying to shade or conclude that scum must be contained within the group of self-voter
Prism/Me/Pooky
- which is something
Dunn
did.

The other was that the chair was for something positive, so I wanted to see if any potential scum would try and pocket me or influence my decision-making. It turned out that
Gamma
was the unwilling subject for this. I didn't see it Event 1, and by the time it was happening, I'd long given up on trying to use the chair for a force of good because majority of the plist disagreed with assuming the chair was a positive thing. Still, I figured if the chair was positive, towny players would take me in good faith as
Pooky
did if not a bit of apprehension.

There's a reason why I didn't sync with
Pooky
until later in Event 1. I genuinely was taking time trying to discern how genuine his intentions were in just trusting me out-of-the-gate.

I stuck to my guns about not being transparent because I didn't want my intentions to influence how players would interact with me. I wanted everyone to only know that I was a player willing to put my hand close to the fire for the benefit of either solving or taking control of a potential reward.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #5362 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 5359, ulyana wrote:
In post 5358, ulyana wrote:
my general point was

taly, if town,

is making himself intentionally difficult to read

so taly asking 'am i difficult to read?'

is ridiculous

or possibly cheeky
In regards to asking you specifically in that list of 4 people, yeah I agree that it's kind of a dumb question and you made your point about Taly being anti-transparent w/ some of their questions already before he asked it.

In regards to some other people on it I can pretty easily guess on at least a possible direction of Taly's line of thinking for asking it, and I tend to do something I think is a little similar early game by telling people that something is a SERIOUS read without saying the actual reason behind it for several pages to see if other people see where I'm coming from. (But actually telling people the reason for asking questions like that/after being unclear with why you're doing something does tend to help a lot with being readable).

Also Ulyana I literally just asked Taly to do explain a few things like that in my last post. like I do see where you're coming from with a lot of this but I don't think it's behavior more likely to come from scum than town here.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5363 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 4378, Taly wrote:
Dwlee/Ydrasse/Gammagooey
, I recruit your services I helping me read
Peta
I wasn't certain at the moment
Peta/Infinity
was T/T even though I definitely leaned this way.

Dwlee
was incorrect about
Infinity
which made me want to reconsider his view of the game, also involving his alignment (never lost much confidence in my townread here though).

Ydrasse
had a stunted reaction to learning about my campaign in the pink PT, and I really did not have a clear view of this slot, so I wanted to see whether she would help bring me reassurance and support my read, question my motives, or try and diminish my townread on
Peta
by casing him.

Gammagooey
was the only person at the start of this phase with a stipulation of caring about the order of just ONE player - me. So I wanted to get his POV on another player to get a feel for any agenda outside of just protecting a townread or trying to sort me (both are motivations I'd consider towny.)

So, this post was to prompt those 3 to think about
peta
and resolve the non-flipped slot of Event 4, as well as read them for how their trajectory changed at
Infinity's
townflip.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5364 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Taly »

their*
:(
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5365 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 5334, Taly wrote:
Gamma/Ydra/Cakez/Ulya
, am I a hard to read player?
I currently believe
Ulya/Cakez
is T/S but I do not want to state where I lean between the two at the moment.

I also am not fond of
Ydra's
recent posting.

And I have a level of skepticism of
Tamora
based off of a strong scumread on both of their predecessors.

So, I figured bringing the conversation about how people view me - an active player in the game right now - would be an easy way to see people TMI'ing their thoughts on me. That's why I asked
Ydra/Cakez/Ulya

I asked
Gamma
too because he is both someone I strongly townread and a player who knows me very well and has read me better than the majority of people this game.

Gamma
was my control group. Like a science experiment :D A player I could pose the same question to and trust when evaluating others' replies.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5366 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 5356, ulyana wrote:
it's like, why do you think i ask you questions, if everything you're doing is so simple it should be easily explained right? but it hasn't been nor has it been apparent,
I don't mean
"simplified"
as in
"it's EASY to know what I'm thinking"

I meant it as:
"this motivation is always a theme to my posting, no matter how vague."

Sorry if that was unclear. I'm not meaning to come across as condescending.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5367 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 5359, ulyana wrote:or possibly cheeky
;) Think I'm not?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5368 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm not asking if I'm hard to read because I actually care whether or not I am.

I'm doing it to solve.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5369 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Taly »

And now my mechanism for solving
Cakez
via this method is somewhat diluted because I explained it :(

Do you understand better why I choose not to be transparent about my intentions,
Ulya
?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5370 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

re peta i regret not killing him because i felt more sure about infinity but, also idk how to read him! i just have gut pings! ih ave those about everyone this game and feel like a useless lump even when i try to go discern things everyone's playing above my pay level this game it feels like and it is nyeh
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5371 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also since u dont know me as well as other ppl + haven't seen my wet noodle towngame i cant fault you for wanting to kill me
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5372 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5369, Taly wrote:And now my mechanism for solving
Cakez
via this method is somewhat diluted because I explained it :(

Do you understand better why I choose not to be transparent about my intentions,
Ulya
?
no not really as i still don't understand how sircakez potentially answering that question was supposed to magically reveal their alignment

but maybe will be less cloudy next time i look at
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5373 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by ulyana »

like i'm an active player in the game right now and you asking me about whether or not you're difficult to read is probably as close as anyone's currently getting to trying to read me so sure i guess i can appreciate that

everyone just goes 'probably scummy just because!', and because others are doing it no one feels like they have to provide any actual reasoning or try to sort me,

and when you were talking about my slot earlier it felt like maybe you saw a little bit of what i saw,
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 5373, ulyana wrote:everyone just goes 'probably scummy just because!'
there are notable exceptions of course more than half the game really but it feels like a lot like way too many
j'aurai disparu

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”