Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 2051, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2041, Dunnstral wrote:OK.

We can do different things tomorrow
I can get behind this.

It's quite unfortunate that two people I respect are disagreeing so heavily, but I'm going to have to favor the one who's probably going to be dead tomorrow.

Also, I think I agree with the reads here-- I can follow the town reasoning for SM, but Emmi not so much. But of course it's entirely possible LLD sees something I don't.
This could also potentially point to hiding behind Dunnstral: "I can get behind this", but the problem with this as a crumb is he goes on to say "I'm going to have to favor the one who's probably going to be dead tomorrow", indicating he's favoring LLD, who doesnt make sense as a target. I feel that if this post were meant as a crumb, it would have been worded more carefully so it could not be misinterpreted. There's even potential here that there's some kind of EMMI crumb toward the end if this post. This post is too unclear to be a crumb, so I'm going to assume it was not one, and "getting behind" something is not a crumb on the same level as "hiding behind" something as a Hider crumb.
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1588, Something_Smart wrote:It is because of that.

Basically I just saw him get steamrolled despite having near perfect reads in an execution that almost singlehandedly lost town the game. So I think he deserves at least one day of slack just for the content he'll produce if town, no matter how scummy he looks.
Also let's not forget the reasoning S_S gave to keep Wisdom alive. He wasnt being vague or cryptic in the way you would be about a crumb that would make sense after his flip. He explained why he didnt want Wisdom. He was
not
keeping Wisdom alive to Hide behind.
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

2051 wasn't a crumb, he was agreeing with me that we should follow LLD (my post was a reply to LLD). To back this up he did end up voting for VFT shortly after. This was around the time when multiple people were trying to change who the wagon was on.

Critter claimed doc, what do you think of that?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Guys. I would never defend a fucking goon so much as scum. I bus my buddies.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Plus I'd never kill LLD when there are PRs around but that's more arguable
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I can get behind this.

It's quite unfortunate that two people I respect are disagreeing so heavily, but I'm going to have to favor the one who's probably going to be dead tomorrow.

Also, I think I agree with the reads here-- I can follow the town reasoning for SM, but Emmi not so much. But of course it's entirely possible LLD sees something I don't.
This is the crumb in my opinion. It's closer to the end of the day and the context refers to the next day.

The one about hiding behind the alt does not look as likely because for one it's way earlier in the day and then he's quoting Kyouko and talking about Critter so it's not that clear.

VOTE: Dunn
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:20 pm

Post by Wisdom »

And note that SS did not quote the full post:

We can do different things tomorrow. I personally agree that SM feels town but don't agree with Emmi feeling town and could vote there on a later day.
despite talking about the rest of the post (the reads) in his answer.

Maybe Im reading too much into it but maybe the omission was so it would be made clearer that it's a crumb.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2232, Critter wrote:
In post 2227, Towelie wrote:we came into today wanting to vote m&m for basically not only leading me on a wild goose chase w/ VFT but also i'm pretty convinced pooky knew what answer he wanted to give me about VFT's alignment before looking at any of what we talked about

this takes precedence though

-b
What if I said I thought Dunn/Wisdom/Kyo/M&M contained the remaining scum.

Also don’t hammer we need Gamma online
As much as it will pain me if emmi and stranger end up both being town, you might be right
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Spoiler:
In post 1590, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1587, Critter wrote:Yeah reread it again because that post is very clear. I am noting my compromising. Not playing word semantics with you and Kyo.
I just went to your if not Kyo this. Extremely ungrammatical, but I gather that I'm now your second scumread behind Kyo. This seems to have been based on a misunderstanding. Do you retract it?
What do I think you are doing? I obviously don't know, you are either trying to advance town wincon or trying to advance scum wincon. Can you be more specific?
You have been trying to get reads to heatmap. Fair enough, that worked for you before, though I'm skeptical whether it will work here. I'm not sure how that's supposed to help LLD.
You are not tunneling Kyo, thank you, I appreciate it.
I have said several times that it's your town play. Also sounds like a misunderstanding. I had you as leantown a while ago but that's it.

Quoting this because he also says "behind Kyo" here, just to show that it is unfortunate wording rather than an intentional crumb on his part. It's just the way he speaks.
Wisdom wrote: Maybe Im reading too much into it but maybe the omission was so it would be made clearer that it's a crumb.
That doesn't make sense, what he quoted isn't related to hiding or night actions or anything.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by Wisdom »

The quote says "we can do different things tomorrow"

As in, tomorrow, after I have a night result/death
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

He is clearly talking about the elimination
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2261, Critter wrote:him jumping immediately to doc kinda seals it for me.
I have never seen macho used with something other than doc
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2266, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I agree scum are informed.
I dont see anything to indicate scum are informed
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:25 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2267, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2260, Critter wrote:If Wisdom is scum no multitasking in the rules so we should be good.
I don't understand what you are referring to. Do we know that Wisdom used another night action?
I think he means that if I flipped scum there would only be one scum left and that scum would not be able to kill+action
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:26 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2276, Critter wrote:(This is all assuming Wisdom is scum)
Dont get too invested in your planning because Im not scum
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:31 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2298, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:it seems apparent that S_S visited Critter and theres no way you're all scum who are not seeing this
I dont know why you think it's so apparent
Dunn one feels more straightforward to me
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2300, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:

I can get behind this.

This could also potentially point to hiding behind Dunnstral: "I can get behind this", but the problem with this as a crumb is he goes on to say "I'm going to have to favor the one who's probably going to be dead tomorrow", indicating he's favoring LLD, who doesnt make sense as a target. I feel that if this post were meant as a crumb, it would have been worded more carefully so it could not be misinterpreted. There's even potential here that there's some kind of EMMI crumb toward the end if this post. This post is too unclear to be a crumb, so I'm going to assume it was not one, and "getting behind" something is not a crumb on the same level as "hiding behind" something as a Hider crumb.
eh

I more see it as the crumb ending with the first sentence and the rest being a normal answer
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by Wisdom »

But yeah with the doc claim and no cc I feel like Critter's pretty conftown, so thats another point against that crumb being the one
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1613, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1610, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:So what do you think this indicates for Critter then? I did assume you were TRing him because of this post, because if that's what I thought was happening, I would TR him for it:
Huh, that's interesting. To me it seems clearly like something that can happen to town or scum. My main point with the post was just that hiding behind the alt was ineffective and it was responsible for some of his problems this game.
Another thing is that this post is in a middle of a real time exchange where replies are literally one minute after another, and I kind of doubt that S_S thought to place a crumb there within that one minute
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1556, Something_Smart wrote:I personally think it was fine. Critter was attempting to have his cake and eat it too. You can't simultaneously preserve a secret alt and expect people to treat you the way they would treat someone with 30,000 posts.
"hiding behind the alt" was referring to this btw, for anyone who lost the thread of replies
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:00 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Now for a little VCA; I think the most likely scum candidates are MM and StrangeMatter, for avoiding the VFT wagon completely and staying on their vanity wagons (Dunn and Wisdom respectively)
I know how that looks coming from me but unlike me, these two did not object to the wagon. They just ignored it.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:44 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Correcting myself, MM actually chatted a little about skitter with Towelie and kind of defended her, so they didnt actually ignore the wagon completely. Still think my point stands though
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:53 pm

Post by Wisdom »

So yeah basically my solve right now is Dunn + {MM or SM}, with Emmi as an outlier

I think it's just Dunn/MM tbh
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:14 am

Post by Towelie »

SSBM, I highly doubt that was they crumb when he was describing what critter was doing ply-wise. After isekai, Cabd explicitly told me the crumb that I took issue with WAS a total coincidence.

If you look in the context of the reply, it does not look like a crumb. Critter WAS hiding behind anonymity.

I also think your critter/us scumteam is lol because critters been annoying the duck out of me all game and it should be incredibly obvious that he has
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:16 am

Post by Towelie »

And he WOULD want to clear wisdom with that very post you quoted, SSBM? He literally said he trusts wisdoms reads as town, but clearly suspects him throughout most of the day. So by checking him, you either clear him to trust his reads or guilty him
f the steelers

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”