Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:42 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-3
Early Mesopotamian roads in what is now Iraq connected the Sumerian cities of Sumer and Ur with with each other and their outlying agricultural settlements.

At roughly the same time that roads were being built by the Indus Valley civilization (~4000 BCE), Sumerians were building roads, too. And that brings up a question: Why did humans start building roads at about that time?

Val89
(2): DkKoba, Andresvmb
yeezys
(1): MBot
floatingmay
(1): kennyk
MBot
(1): ssbm_Kyouko
DkKoba
(1): Val89

Not Voting
(3): yeezys, floatingmay, fixer

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: November 13, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-13 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- I am searching for a replacement for welly. If they are able to post in the game thread before a replacement is found, they can continue to play this game.
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 61, DkKoba wrote:
In post 59, floatingmay wrote:no, i just don't know how to unvote
UNVOTE: UNVOTE:

with a slash on the second one
You can also unvote even faster with

Code: Select all

[uv][/uv]
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I also dont see the bad faith from Val at a glance
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Is it a trust tell if I just trust that Andres is incapable of rolling scum? :thinking_emoji:
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 11, DkKoba wrote:hi yeezys! I'm good.
How do you feel about your role?
i think it's boring
what about you
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by yeezys »

wait i just realized someone is voting me
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 79, yeezys wrote:
i think it's boring
what about you
I like it a lot :) Wanna tell us what you think of the players who posted so far?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 81, DkKoba wrote:
In post 79, yeezys wrote:
i think it's boring
what about you
I like it a lot :) Wanna tell us what you think of the players who posted so far?
i havent even read through the third and fourth pages carefully
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by yeezys »

oh yeah um. i've played mafia before on other platforms and i usually don't put effort in when i'm town so just a heads-up, especially in the sites with more analytical people
mafia.gg is jsut painful tbh
i'm good at janitorial but this isn't janitorial
In post 55, MBot wrote:Kyoko, no worries. I won't take your pressure to seriously either. I actually got excited to get into a game and said hello before I had the chance to read through a couple past games to see how the days play out. I'm not used to RVS yet but think I have a loose grasp now.

As for your questions - I've played 3 forum games and a handful of in person games. Still learning and this is definitely a change of pace.

Vote: Yeezes

More active now! Let's hear more.
why me D:
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 64, Val89 wrote:
In post 60, DkKoba wrote:I'm not even going to really honor you with a reply here because wow this is manipulative (in the bad way) as hell. VOTE: val

see here newbies, this is what we call, bad faith! When a player intentionally frames someone as bad with no intentions to consider good intentions from that person.
I was asking a question. I thought I might be misunderstanding what you were saying, because if I assume you meant "forcing people into situations where its unreasonable to fos [you]" is how you play as town, that would appear to just be saying "I play as townie as possible, so people come off bad when they sus me", which isn't really saying anything at all is it?

I was hoping you might clarify. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion I was intentionally framing you as bad for attempting to clear up a misunderstanding I think I might be holding myself.

I am wondering now, however. Defensive, much??
tf is this
"are you talking about your scumgame, ehre"????? we are literally in the rvs stage why are you throwing around accusations when someone is just talking about their meta ???
sorry this is jsut. what ?????? what??????
In post 65, Val89 wrote:
In post 54, DkKoba wrote:Regardless i disgress - did that response change how you feel?
Following on from that, why is it so important to you how other slots feel about you this early?

In before I am accused of OMGUS, but I certainly wasn't expecting a reaction like that to an innoculous question. I think this is a good a place to start as any.

VOTE: DkKoba
WHAT IS THIS ?????
town wants to establish that they are town, to not get voted out. same goes for mafia.
talking about your meta and clearing things up??? THAT ISNT ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE.
ok unless i misread something, val is at a solid scumlean
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by yeezys »

am i allowed to say that i think koba might be town
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by yeezys »

kyouko not koba oops
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 84, yeezys wrote:tf is this
"are you talking about your scumgame, ehre"????? we are literally in the rvs stage why are you throwing around accusations when someone is just talking about their meta ???
Except I think it's pretty self-evident I wasn't throwing around any sort of accusation.

As I pointed out a single post ago, the statement doesn't make a lot of sense if DkKoba was talking about their town game, so I was seeking clarification as to if they were talking about their scum game, and if so, how exactly one goes about forcing people into situations where its unreasonable to FoS you. I wasn't (at that time) suggesting this was a DkKoba scumgame, but the reaction (from two slots now) seems so widely over the top I am wondering.

It is, in fact, so self-evident, that combined with the obvious hyperbole and gratuitous overuse of question marks, alongside the reminder that scum don't want to draw attention to themselves and thus THAT ISN'T ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE, I think it's quite possible that one or both of these slots are seeking some sort of "too scummy to be scum" townread.

No chance, not from me at least. Two decent scumleams, right there.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 87, Val89 wrote:
In post 84, yeezys wrote:tf is this
Except I think it's pretty self-evident I wasn't throwing around any sort of accusation.

As I pointed out a single post ago, the statement doesn't make a lot of sense if DkKoba was talking about their town game, so I was seeking clarification as to if they were talking about their scum game, and if so, how exactly one goes about forcing people into situations where its unreasonable to FoS you. I wasn't (at that time) suggesting this was a DkKoba scumgame, but the reaction (from two slots now) seems so widely over the top I am wondering.

It is, in fact, so self-evident, that combined with the obvious hyperbole and gratuitous overuse of question marks, alongside the reminder that scum don't want to draw attention to themselves and thus THAT ISN'T ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE, I think it's quite possible that one or both of these slots are seeking some sort of "too scummy to be scum" townread.

No chance, not from me at least. Two decent scumleams, right there.
LMAODFHDJKS
i'm just not going to respond to this
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by yeezys »

i seriously cant tell if val is town or not i'm laughing a bit too haurd
like maybe its just me or is val just being opportunistic
like i'm sorry but koba's post was not even remotely scummy idk what you're on about
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by yeezys »

also where is the hyperbole
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Val89 »

Hmmm.

I'm just getting started and already that's two slot saying they won't even respond to me.

I know this is a newbie queue, but I think you owe us a little bit more respect then that, else Im not sure what else you expect us to do than infer you have something to hide here.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 85, yeezys wrote:am i allowed to say that i think koba might be town
In post 86, yeezys wrote:kyouko not koba oops
excuse me
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 83, yeezys wrote:oh yeah um. i've played mafia before on other platforms and i usually don't put effort in when i'm town so just a heads-up, especially in the sites with more analytical people
mafia.gg is jsut painful tbh
i'm good at janitorial but this isn't janitorial
In post 55, MBot wrote:Kyoko, no worries. I won't take your pressure to seriously either. I actually got excited to get into a game and said hello before I had the chance to read through a couple past games to see how the days play out. I'm not used to RVS yet but think I have a loose grasp now.

As for your questions - I've played 3 forum games and a handful of in person games. Still learning and this is definitely a change of pace.

Vote: Yeezes

More active now! Let's hear more.
why me D:
which janitorial setup? I used to play a lot of Jan 3.0 on epicmafia
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yeezys is my top townread atm
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 89, yeezys wrote:like i'm sorry but koba's post was not even remotely scummy idk what you're on about
I never suggested it was. I asked a question to clarify what Koba was trying to tell us.

The fact that you've jumped immediately into assuming I was scumreading Koba because the post contained the word scum clearly indicates you are hypersensitive to criticism towards that slot on page 4.

Is Koba your partner, or are you hoping to buddy up there and pick up that "too scummy to be scum" townread on the way?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

val trying to deny the shade they threw at me and implication they had in their post is just like NAGL here
retired
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 91, Val89 wrote:Hmmm.

I'm just getting started and already that's two slot saying they won't even respond to me.

I know this is a newbie queue, but I think you owe us a little bit more respect then that, else Im not sure what else you expect us to do than infer you have something to hide here.
bruh
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

:lol: my exact reaction
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 94, DkKoba wrote:yeezys is my top townread atm
See what I mean?

Koba knows full well we are going to say to ourselves "hang on, why the hell are they townreading that slot after that display?“.

They are hoping you think they can't be scum because a mafia player would never draw attention to themselves by doing something quite so rediculous.

I'm not fooled by it, and you shouldn't be either.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”