Newbie 2082 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:07 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

You better believe that and be right :X Oh man.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.02
frogsfrogs (1) -
catboi
Val89 (1) -
MafMen

Not Voting (6) -
Val89, frogsfrogs, StrangeMatter, igorsprite, Greeting, implosion

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2021-11-13 11:05:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 275, MafMen wrote:mind you greeting is off in a world of their own
StrangeMatter wrote:Let's just...stop talking about PRs please and get actual reads in.
I’m definitely starting to think that my world is quite different to that of the rest of players in here. In my mind, discussing what PRs we have could give us an advantage. Of course, each of the PRs are free to act as they wish and we cannot force them to do anything, but this is a team game and a team effort. It seems that my viewpoint is not shared and I fail to understand why. Like, I understand that some are afraid of giving the scums ideas, but they are doing the literally same thing in their thread anyway, plus by knowing their PR they had an advantage from the start. :dead: If I were one, figuring out the game setup would be the first thing on my list.

I believe that they definitely didn’t decide to deliberately not kill a player but were stopped by a player with a PR. Thankfully, it seems that whomever it is, is smart and saved someone from the NK.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:29 am

Post by catboi »

In post 423, igorsprite wrote:
In post 421, frogsfrogs wrote: Igorsprite left off of the list as he's a PR claim. I do want him to say what he thinks he got out of that short lie but I think it's scummy if you're full on pushing him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i was waiting catboi's reaction but he didn't say anything, i think that means that it's good for him if i didn't act, coincidentally he acted last night.

@catboi do you have anything to say?
LMAO, no, I didn't act last night. Funny enough, I was suspicious of the claim of no action. Looks like I was right.

VOTE: igorsprite
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 am

Post by catboi »

For the record, since I am now pushed to hardclaiming VT: my working theory is that the scumteam is highly inexperienced, because it is blatantly obvious who is a PR and I would have killed them last night. It's quite likely that we're in column C, and igor got lucky by claiming tracker in the setup with a jailkeeper.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Greeting »

I’ve lost all trust in igorsprite. It’s really intriguing that the exact thing that Val89 was talking (and I suppose warning) about before (in ). I hope that it’s just a funny coincidence and not for instance some kind of teamplay where one scum plays the messy newbie and the other expert who explains the behaviour of the other. While the appearance of Val89 in the game, which happened after igorsprite’s claim, would seem to contradict this, perhaps this was a plan devised as a way to explain igor’s false claim later in the game.

But only the person with a power role will know if igor is town or not.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:35 am

Post by catboi »

Also, igorsprite, if this is some manner of contrived reaction test, you absolutely need to retract immediately, because it is a terrible play and totally unacceptable. I've already had one newbie game ruined by someone gamethrowing with a fakeclaim as town, I do not want that to happen again.
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:36 am

Post by igorsprite »

In post 429, catboi wrote:For the record, since I am now pushed to hardclaiming VT: my working theory is that the scumteam is highly inexperienced, because it is blatantly obvious who is a PR and I would have killed them last night. It's quite likely that we're in column C, and igor got lucky by claiming tracker in the setup with a jailkeeper.
how do you know that the other PR is a jailkeeper? i said that was a doctor and my action worked

VOTE: catboi
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:38 am

Post by igorsprite »

i'm pretty sure that the other scum is greeting, you two look very aggressive
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Greeting »

Yeah, I’m willing to let igor go. VOTE: igorsprite
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:41 am

Post by catboi »

The vote on igorsprite from frogs in the early game certainly complicates things in my view, but it's hard for me to spot a potential partner. I wouldn't necessarily rule out that being a panicky bus. I think Greeting is clear because he wouldn't try to lead a vote on his partner, and igorsprite pushed back on him later in the day. The wagon hop on MafMen from igorsprite means they are unlikely to be partners, and I think the interactions between pseudoaristotle and igor are never scum/scum. realistically in my view it only leaves frogs and implosion as potential teammates for igorsprite.
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:43 am

Post by igorsprite »

it's not logical voting for me before the CC appears, and you both cannot CC because a PR would never self hammer and catboi already claimed VT
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:49 am

Post by catboi »

In post 432, igorsprite wrote:
In post 429, catboi wrote:For the record, since I am now pushed to hardclaiming VT: my working theory is that the scumteam is highly inexperienced, because it is blatantly obvious who is a PR and I would have killed them last night. It's quite likely that we're in column C, and igor got lucky by claiming tracker in the setup with a jailkeeper.
how do you know that the other PR is a jailkeeper? i said that was a doctor and my action worked

Okay, then you're hardclaiming, good to know.

Bear in mind, if you are faking this as town, you are gamethrowing and will be singlehandedly responsible for a town loss. I highly advise not continuing with this if that is the case. It is my hope that you are simply scum faking a guilty report as a desperate play, but I can't really rule anything out with a new player who has acted strangely. Faking guilties as town is never, ever a good thing to do.

FTR, I think it's highly likely it was a jailkeeper who blocked igorsprite and can counter claim here, don't put anyone in hammer range until that happens. In the event there isn't a direct counter to igorsprite, it is technically the mechanically "safe" play to vote me here, although I feel like it should be entirely self-evident I am town, I don't necessarily blame anyone for going down that route.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:50 am

Post by implosion »

Let's take this slowly.

If igor is town, then catboi is scum, meaning whoever catboi targeted is confirmed town, and the mafia already know that they're going to be confirmed town; igor should claim who they are now.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:50 am

Post by implosion »

Or to put that simply:

igor, who did catboi target?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:16 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I entirely hate the direction of where this game is. I don't disagree with the idea of Eliminate All Liars, but I feel like it's the type of mantra (according to the wiki at least) that gets easily abused by scum. Also, I feel like this isn't abnormal that as scum, catboi could be completely lying about not doing anything as well to cover for themselves.
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:23 am

Post by igorsprite »

@implosion idk, i said that to instigate catboi because i think that he is scum and his reaction now just confirms that for me. btw we have a jailkeeper that targeted me, not a doctor, idk how catboi knew that because i said that a doctor targeted me

@catboi wtf, bad idea. why do you want the jailkeeper to CC me instead of the "true" tracker? for me you just want to know who is the jailkeeper because you already know that i'm the tracker
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:00 am

Post by MafMen »

lets look at scum!igor
igor gets catboi hanged, makes it a 5v2
nightkill, 4v2
hang igor, 4v1
nk, 3v1
that is forcing mylo, scum!igor does this is if his partner is very widely townread
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:01 am

Post by MafMen »

im more inclined to be against catboi here though
its a strange play to make for newb scum
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:02 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

What the hell is going on here? :facepalm: Why did Greeting and catboi align so quickly after catboi claimed VT, as if that couldn't be false?? Igor, what is it you're saying about your track results? Did you see catboi visit someone or not???
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:02 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 441, igorsprite wrote:@implosion idk, i said that to instigate catboi because i think that he is scum and his reaction now just confirms that for me. btw we have a jailkeeper that targeted me, not a doctor, idk how catboi knew that because i said that a doctor targeted me

@catboi wtf, bad idea. why do you want the jailkeeper to CC me instead of the "true" tracker? for me you just want to know who is the jailkeeper because you already know that i'm the tracker
jailkeeper targeted you? so youre saying you just cooked up a bunch of nonsense for no reason
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:04 am

Post by MafMen »

catbois reaction was pretty gross though yeah
despite the weird townplay igor has remained uncced this entire game, the immediate jump when you get tested is whack
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:06 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 421, frogsfrogs wrote:MafMen: Still think the argument that his first few posts were bad holds water and I haven't actually seen anything from him since that makes me townread. Pushing Val today is dumb and looks like scum grabbing at what they think is a viable train, since he's been controversial.
pushing an easy vote so he must be scum!!!!!! jfc
occam's razor, the simplest answer is likely the correct one
~ Klick
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:14 am

Post by igorsprite »

In post 444, frogsfrogs wrote:What the hell is going on here? :facepalm: Why did Greeting and catboi align so quickly after catboi claimed VT, as if that couldn't be false?? Igor, what is it you're saying about your track results? Did you see catboi visit someone or not???
i didn't see lol, the jailkeeper targeted me last night so i received no result
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:24 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 447, MafMen wrote:
In post 421, frogsfrogs wrote:MafMen: Still think the argument that his first few posts were bad holds water and I haven't actually seen anything from him since that makes me townread. Pushing Val today is dumb and looks like scum grabbing at what they think is a viable train, since he's been controversial.
pushing an easy vote so he must be scum!!!!!! jfc
occam's razor, the simplest answer is likely the correct one
Said in the exact same sentence that I think a Val vote is a bad one :igmeou:,
plus
the fact that there's maybe enough support to get a lim on him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”