Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Okay but you'd think scum would want to hide behind being all "just for memes" and that's literally the premise of your team which is why I think scum is crawling all over it
I prefer they, thanks :)
Mama Ru
Mama Ru
Goon
Mama Ru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Mama Ru »

In the movie, Spamton is a red player who, up to the dance partner game event, had only made thirteen [[NONSENSICAL]] [[gimmick!!!]] posts. Then, when his behind was on the line, his red friends poked him to start posting to cleave his redness onto a green player so he wouldn't be left behind.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:21 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 3943, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 3938, numberQ wrote:How can anyone not want Math "actively refusing to scumhunt" Blade to be left out

Morning Tweet, may I have this dance?
What do you think about him not proposing to anyone?
It's how he's been behaving all game. Coasting and fluffing but never actually
doing
anything.
Hey!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3952, numberQ wrote:It's how he's been behaving all game. Coasting and fluffing but never actually doing anything.
This time though he's heading for his own fate. Do you think Scum will miss out and be the ONLY player who hasn't offered to dance wit someone?

Unless -of course- you're saying there are TWO SCUMS in MT/Dwlee, and at least one will refuse to accept a dance offer until time has ran out and Mafia decided to pair them up with Scum!Math. Do you think this is a remotely reasonable assumption?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3952, numberQ wrote:
In post 3943, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 3938, numberQ wrote:How can anyone not want Math "actively refusing to scumhunt" Blade to be left out

Morning Tweet, may I have this dance?
What do you think about him not proposing to anyone?
It's how he's been behaving all game. Coasting and fluffing but never actually
doing
anything.
Checking in during lunch break. I was trying to do things when it wasn’t mafia but that’s not my strong suit. I didn’t have capability to do as I was being asked. Soon as we had a mafia game I was able to start reads. I will catch up after work and see how things are going but this post is slimy.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

Furthermore, give me time and I am a proven force who can deliver in dance games. It’s a freakin proven fact.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Mama Ru
Mama Ru
Goon
Mama Ru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Mama Ru »

In post 3955, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore, give me time and I am a proven force who can deliver in dance games. It’s a freakin proven fact.
[[WHEN SPAMTON IS HUSTLING HARDER FOR A PARTNER]]
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3956, Mama Ru wrote:
In post 3955, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore, give me time and I am a proven force who can deliver in dance games. It’s a freakin proven fact.
What's you point?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3956, Mama Ru wrote:
What does this mean? Because I won’t sacrifice my job when my last day off was before I repped into this game? I hustle when I can and how I can and make no apologies for it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Math: can you at least offer to dance with Dwlee and MT (each separately on its own line.. and bolded)? Then THEY decide

numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:46 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 3953, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3952, numberQ wrote:It's how he's been behaving all game. Coasting and fluffing but never actually doing anything.
This time though he's heading for his own fate. Do you think Scum will miss out and be the ONLY player who hasn't offered to dance wit someone?

Unless -of course- you're saying there are TWO SCUMS in MT/Dwlee, and at least one will refuse to accept a dance offer until time has ran out and Mafia decided to pair them up with Scum!Math. Do you think this is a remotely reasonable assumption?
I think scum, particularly if they have SRs from several prominent players, can and will be very careful in a situation like this so as to propose to someone that's likely to accept, and won't rock the boat too much. I don't think there's 2 scum in MT/Dwlee, I'm not even sure there's 1.

@Math, no one's asking you to sacrifice your job. It's not my intent to say you're scum for not posting enough. I hate using activity as AI for pretty much this exact reason, sometimes people are just busy irl. But I am saying, what you have been posting now that we're playing real mafia, is not the amazing tour de force of scumhunting that you've been bragging about being able to provide.
Hey!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

MT do you want Math or can I take Math

I think I have a decent chance of being able to read Math in a PT from the games I've played with him

Unless I get hard pocketed :clown:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3960, numberQ wrote:I think scum, particularly if they have SRs from several prominent players, can and will be very careful in a situation like this so as to propose to someone that's likely to accept, and won't rock the boat too much. I don't think there's 2 scum in MT/Dwlee, I'm not even sure there's 1.
What other choice does Scum!Math have?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Dwlee: You can't take Math unless he decides to OFFER you to dance first. *Shrug*

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3963, Almost50 wrote:@Dwlee: You can't take Math unless he decides to OFFER you to dance first. *Shrug*
Okay but he has to choose me or MT so...
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

And if MT wants to give Math to me then math would be mad capping to deny such a request
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:58 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 3962, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3960, numberQ wrote:I think scum, particularly if they have SRs from several prominent players, can and will be very careful in a situation like this so as to propose to someone that's likely to accept, and won't rock the boat too much. I don't think there's 2 scum in MT/Dwlee, I'm not even sure there's 1.
What other choice does Scum!Math have?
What do you mean? What other choice besides MT/Dwlee? I only mentioned those two because you brought up whether I thought there was scum between them.
Hey!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

No. What I mean is you said Scum will be very careful who they propose to. In my book, he should have proposed earlier when he did have a wider pool. Now he literally has only those two to propose to, and yet he hasn't even done that yet.

Meanwhile; there are two standing offers for MT and one for Dwlee, and if both accept the offers Mathblade is automatically flipped.

So, my question about his choices was ne asking: Do you think his "carefulness" extends as far as getting himself flipped for fear of being rejected??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. let me pose a broader scope:

Do we think Scum -in general- will try to be early, middle or late to propose? Let's raise the bar even and try to answer once for a widely TR'd scumster, and once for a widely suspected one. All bets are on.

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

MT-> Math
Dwlee->spamton

number->out
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:16 am

Post by numberQ »

Almost50 wrote:OK.. let me pose a broader scope:

Do we think Scum -in general- will try to be early, middle or late to propose? Let's raise the bar even and try to answer once for a widely TR'd scumster, and once for a widely suspected one. All bets are on.
Widely TR scum: As early as possible.

Widely SR scum: More hesitant and calculating. They would probably try to aim for the middle, to give themselves time to get a feel for the general consensus and maybe to consult with scumbuddies in the PT on what the strategy is. But clearly that middle point was missed in this game's particular situation.

What's the town motivation in waiting so long, after most pairs have already been made?
Hey!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3970, numberQ wrote:What's the town motivation in waiting so long, after most pairs have already been made?
Apathy. Town don't feel as guilty to walk out on the "team" and jump to their own death.

Also, I forgot to include a question about their targets. Would Scum be aiming to pair with widely read Townies or suspected one? OR -maybe- one of their own??

numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:23 am

Post by numberQ »

Does Math seem apathetic to you? He's posting, and making effort to appear engaged. But he's not actually engaging.

I think scum would try to get with town in most cases. If they are widely TR scum, then they can form a nice little block. If they are widely suspected town, then at least if they go down they take town with them.
Hey!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3971, Almost50 wrote:Town don't feel as guilty to walk out on the "team" and jump to their own death.
> Loftwing has entered the chat.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I think Math was apathetic for a while. Seems like he's just busy now.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”