MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4029, Toogeloo wrote:VOTE: FB + S_S

I'm here to chew bubble gum and sheep town reads, and I'm all outta bubblegum.
Might want to make this for one player in the pair since we have one vote to make VCs easier. Plus it also forces you to pick who is scummier of the two which is golden for reads.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4024, Almost50 wrote:
In post 4009, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
NumberQ died during Event Four! He was aligned with the
Mafia
[/b]
Shocker, eh?

I would like to take the chance to remind everybody of my case on FB. Him grabbing a parachute for Spamton was him denying a stronger Town player from getting one, and his double failed attempts to grab it was him giving NumberQ the chance to get his.

Also, as I theorized before, FB waiting for Wheme to get him THEN going for none for Spamton was done to make them both look bad when/if he flipped. Same plan Mama Ru tried to trick me into, except I didn't fall for it and eventually the "Mama's not getting a parachute because she doesn't have the time for this" had to find the time and get herself one.
I will review this section. Same thing for you for your vote.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Firebringer »

elephants never forget
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4014, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3475, numberQ wrote:
In post 3299, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3298, Something_Smart wrote:If scum really got to choose, why wouldn't they take the opportunity to kill someone townread like MT or Loki? Noraa was probably going to die eventually, even if not immediately.

(Also, if you're town, wouldn't it benefit scum to leave Noraa alive so they can keep tunneling you...?)
No. That’s a bad scum kill because that would confirm the player that was widely townread is town. Those kills are bad.

And yes Noraa could have been left alive and tunnel me but then scum risk me towntelling later and blowing the plan apart.

We don’t know how we’re going to eventually eliminate scum do the more focus is not on them they’re winning.
Oh wait, I also wanted to say that this post is so blatant to me. I'm very happy with who I targeted last night and I think Noraa was on the money with her Math read.
math town math town
^ cmon firebringer explain how this person is paired with me
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

wait wrong post
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

im sorry koba i didn't read rest of ur post something about how u can't be scum because numbers pushed u.
and i should care about this because
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4015, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2323, numberQ wrote:Alright well I finally had time to do this. Here is what I could find vis a vis proof that Koba has been OMGUSing. Maybe OMGUS is not the exact right word - what I set out to do here is look for evidence that Koba's reads were disproportionately based on whether that person agreed with them or not. Nothing to do with whether that person scumread Koba or not, which I think is the traditional definition of OMGUS?

Also I see that I missed out on a couple of parachutes. Can I just say that I really do think this event is dumb. I get the general idea is to rely on your team and hope they choose to give you chutes if you're not on in time, but something really rubs me the wrong way about basically punishing people for having lives outside of this website.

Anyway:

---

ISOing in a large theme is hard. Idk if I'll do this again. Definitely started to lose focus near the middle up to the end.

Spoiler: Koba's ISO (a bit wall-y)
In post 48, DkKoba wrote:dwlee is scum
Probably not very conf because of how early it is, maybe even completely non-serious. But Dwlee had recently asked MT to use heal tags right after Koba said we should slow down and not pick a team right away.
In post 69, DkKoba wrote:
ydrasse also binning as scum
Ydrasse was trying to rush team forming.
In post 71, DkKoba wrote:I like MT number and darby for town rn -> number is my strongest atm
MT, Darby, and myself had mostly been agreeing with Koba's mech analysis and thoughts on how to proceed up to this point.
In post 138, DkKoba wrote:
In post 129, numberQ wrote:Well I have to get ready for trick or treaters + replacing a toilet, and I need to focus so I don't get the two mixed up by accident. Parting words for now, since I predict there will be 10 more pages before I'm back, our first step should be figuring out captains. And I think to get the ball rolling, maybe everyone who WANTS to be a captain should just vote themselves now so we get an accounting of it and discussion falls out of that and etc

I'll start,

VOTE: numberQ

pedit Koba: I'm pretty sure the rules say you can't unvote from a captain if they have already been determined to be a captain. So if we all vote MT we're stuck, and scum form 3 teams.
no - once MT chooses a team we're free
First instance of disagreeing with someone without immediately scumreading them, but there is eventually a scumread so.
In post 149, DkKoba wrote:mindmelding with MT
Mind melding with a TR
In post 206, DkKoba wrote:binning nora entrance into poe territory
All Nora had done by then was vote themselves for captain - which was against Koba's grand plan.
In post 257, DkKoba wrote:nora lockscum for uh
dunno if I can say LOL but ill drop it in postgame 4 sure
I believe this is referring to Nora's "scumslip", so not directly related to any kind of OMGUS apart from Nora having already disagreed with Koba before.
In post 490, DkKoba wrote:also gut read norwee scum here so far

i have another townread too
Norwee at this point has posted a lot of fluff. One of his few contentful posts was disagreeing with Koba about being able to read Fire.
In post 575, DkKoba wrote:people pushing rushing are always >rand scum btw.

Scum hate having to towntell over a longer period of time
Soft scumreads literally everyone who disagrees with them.
In post 578, DkKoba wrote:nevermind i see why loki said that now

i still think number town but holy shit why are rands always so bad for me in these kinds of games where the townies are the worst to work with and easily trust obvscum trying to manipulate the gamestate into a low info state
Outlier in my theory, here they apparently still townread me despite several posts disagreeing me. Again though, they eventually do scumread me.
In post 963, DkKoba wrote:
In post 951, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 950, WhemeStar wrote:
WhemeStar has replaced WhemeStar

Hi hello there who wants to catch me up im not reading 38 pages of meme
*taps head* smart, smart

Gamma Emerald is town
Loftwing is idk
SirCakez/Mathblade is idk
Dkkoba is town
Morning Tweet is a bat
Loki Dokie is town
Save the Dragons is idk slight town
Mama Ru is idk
Firebringer is town
Whemestar is idk
Ydrasse is maybe slight town
tictac is town
DArby is town
RCEnigma is idk
DaTacoX is maybe slight scum
NorwegianboyEE is idk maybe slight scum
Almost50 is maybe slight scum
Spamton is again maybe slight scum
dwlee99 is lean town
Noraa is scum
NumberQ is town

or in a readable format:

Town: Gamma Emerald, DkKoba, Morning Tweet, Loki Dokie, Firebringer, tictac, D'Arby, numberQ
Lean Town: Ydrasse, Save The Dragons, Dwlee99
Idk: Loftwing, SirCakes/MathBlade, Mama Ru, Whemestar, RCEngima
Scumish: DaTacoX, Almost50, Spamton, Noraa

something like dat

u can trust me and my reads dont worry
Town: MT, Loki Dokie, tictac, D'Arby, numberQ
Lean Town: Dwlee99, Mama Ru, Whemestar, Firebringer(surprise), Gamma Emerald

Haven't read any of there content enough to say either way:Loftwing, DaTacoX, Save The Dragons
In post 1050, DkKoba wrote:maybe ydrasse town .
Idk where this is coming from. Seems to be in response to Ydrasse talking about meta? Fitting this read into my theory is a stretch I think. Another outlier.
In post 1055, DkKoba wrote:i think i can move ydrasse out of "actively scumreading" to "no reason to townread" tier. which doesnt change her place as bottom 6 in my PoE but it is a notable difference to me.
Read as, "Ydrasse is no longer actively disagreeing with me"?
In post 1092, DkKoba wrote:retracting my tr on number
I disagreed that Nora was scum, and suggested Loki might not be town.
In post 1755, DkKoba wrote:Hm maybe nora is town
The posts leading up to this one, Koba had been talking to Math about how him saying he can't figure out reads is just making excuses. Then Nora comes out and builds a case against Math for using AtE while saying he can't figure out reads. And suddenly Koba says this after hard, hard scumreading Nora for a while.
In post 2136, DkKoba wrote:amazing how right on queue the scummiest people are just concerned with getting parachutes for eachother and completely ignore the townblock wanting to restrict who gets them so we can use this phase as an elimination

to the townblock: there will probably be about 1-4 people who die from this. pooky (hopefully) learned his lesson with chess mafia with accelerating the game too much.

we should policy people who are in the consensus PoE who intentionally greedily take parachutes before towny people can.
"scummiest people" = "people who disagree with Koba"
"townblock" = "people who agree with Koba"

Summary: Koba almost never scumreads someone they agree with or townreads someone they disagree with. The few times there's an explanation given for a read, it's based entirely on meta or entirely on gut (see Nora read change). When it's not for one of those two reasons, it's because that person agreed or disagreed with them.

I didn't really go into this trying to scumread Koba, just point that their reads are not the end all be all and constantly scumreading people who disagree with them is actively detrimental to the game. But I think I can agree with Norwee here, there's definitely some strong-arming going on here, and LAMIST. I can see scum in this slot taking a loud role in the town.
also MF TRIED TO BURY ME IM CONF TOWN AS FUCK
retired
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. I'm off to bed for real now, but I -at least- can sleep well because I nailed Scum on this one (I lost TWO games at the start of the day. Well, one didn't count but still..)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

he didnt just push me he tried to discredit me at every turn :lol:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4057, Almost50 wrote:OK.. I'm off to bed for real now, but I -at least- can sleep well because I nailed Scum on this one (I lost TWO games at the start of the day. Well, one didn't count but still..)
good work, we doing well 2 games in a row :cool:
retired
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

yeah that means nothing
Show

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Event
Four:

Dance War Part II !

Votecount:

3 - Firebringer / Something_Smart (DkKoba, Almost50, Toogeloo)
1 - DkKoba / Enchant (Firebringer)

With 16 alive it requires 9 votes to remove a pair
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4058, DkKoba wrote:he didnt just push me he tried to discredit me at every turn :lol:
I so feel this. Like I feel pretty vindicated my theory scum pushing me was spot on.

Oh rip. Guess Pooky does the voting in an awesome way ignore the split vote thing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4058, DkKoba wrote:he didnt just push me he tried to discredit me at every turn :lol:
no he didnt
Show

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I think all of Koba/MT/Wheme/Loki are spewed town from the number flip. Possibly tictac as well. I'll go into it if I have to here but just looking at even the beginning of their iso it kind of jumps out.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4064, RCEnigma wrote:I think all of Koba/MT/Wheme/Loki are spewed town from the number flip. Possibly tictac as well. I'll go into it if I have to here but just looking at even the beginning of their iso it kind of jumps out.
Wrongooooooo
Show

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

(expired on 2021-11-11 21:50:45)

I forget how to do 3.5 days on my phone but this is the unofficial oh shit worry countdown if no one is blown up by then.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

FB why do you scumread Koba? With specifics.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4067, RCEnigma wrote:FB why do you scumread Koba? With specifics.
ive laid out my case before and not much has changed.
numbers flipping literally changes nothing except koba is also bussing here

>Wanted control of teams/groups since beginning but also stepped aside to pretend not taking control
>Pretends doesn't want a parachute then pockets hard dwlee all to show "validation for reads"
>Pretends wants to suicide on Norwee then now flips on "ohh i actually just softened on this person" lol like what.

I am shocked this gets townread and people think koba is town.
Show

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4064, RCEnigma wrote:I think all of Koba/MT/Wheme/Loki are spewed town from the number flip. Possibly tictac as well. I'll go into it if I have to here but just looking at even the beginning of their iso it kind of jumps out.
I would like you to go into this please. Koba/MT/Wheme/Loki/A50/Me/you is 7 people and 16 alive that means 9 people 5 scum so like that’s most of the game if true.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

It'll have to be after my shift and I'll probably get tic-tacs take on it first.

That said what do you think Scum!Numbers reaction would be to an all town team forming out of the gate?

Just as food for thought.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

this is supposed to be chill relax game but im actually pretty annoyed with how some people just seem to have "FB is wrong because its FB" syndrome

also the conspiracy theories going on how i planned shit by faking to get chutes/stealing chutes so not better townread people get them (instead spamton gets it)

which btw i thought spamton was probably the scum person in my team and i blame u all for shitting on me for making that call to make me think i probably saved scum. I bet no scum were in my group now. I bet ironically enough we had fucking none and u all pressured me to think we had many dumb calls yall are nuts/going along with koba nonsense
Show

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

can you explain wheme @RCE?
I still have them in PoE but if we can eliminate them too that makes it easier.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

MT i can see but also it is the weakest spew IMO because it was late and when number was pretty much guaranteed to be elimmed
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4068, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4067, RCEnigma wrote:FB why do you scumread Koba? With specifics.
ive laid out my case before and not much has changed.
numbers flipping literally changes nothing except koba is also bussing here

>Wanted control of teams/groups since beginning but also stepped aside to pretend not taking control
This is vague and also not even remotely a scumtell.

>Pretends doesn't want a parachute then pockets hard dwlee all to show "validation for reads"
Anyone who was in my PT will back me up

>Pretends wants to suicide on Norwee then now flips on "ohh i actually just softened on this person" lol like what.
Reevalling isn't scummy.

I am shocked this gets townread and people think koba is town.
got anymore bad reasons i can refute for fun?

every townie here will see me as spewed town - so good luck with trying to paint me as scum.

also i genuinely thought i was saccing on enchant but his reaction to me claiming i left was townie to me - trying to manufacture that its scummy to change ones mind is just so fucking hilarious because if you flip town i want you to get spoilers from pooky so you can learn how your team name was aptly named.
pooky doesnt do spoilers iirc but just ask numbers im sure theyll oblige. its the least they can do after i was the one who buried them.
retired

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”