Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Lol when Marci takes over the hydra to cool down the interaction with Luke. I still think OTH is town (as is Luke) but don't love Gamma getting heated.

Like Luke is always a dog on a bone when he gets a read
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 1497, GuiltyLion wrote:Gamma, can you sell me on Dunn? Feel free to use the same points you've given to marci in your private chat. "ur tone sux" doesn't do it for me
I haven’t really detailed it much there but I’ll try to spell out some thoughts
  • General activity level is bad, with exception of one game where he was deliberately playing against meta he tends to be lurkscum, he’s also lurky as PR but vibes differently when he is
  • I don’t like some of the stances he’s taken or how it’s sounded when he’s taken them (this is why I say his tone sux)
  • The PR during D1 felt inexplicable and like he was deliberately obfuscating his content, he hasn’t made any allusion to why he hasn’t had to write in the way he did D1 in this day phase
  • This isn’t really a point against but I feel good about the wagon on him rn
I could probably dredge up more thoughts but that’s what I can think of top of my head
In post 1498, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1493, Off The Hook wrote:I'm done answering your questions when it's not making a fucking dent with you. We'll just self-resolve and you can be made to eat the crow's egg that'll be on your face.

-GE
What of my questions have you answered that should make a dent? Because these are like The Questions that I matterhave asked that I think the answers would be most helpful in myself (and other people) sorting, and youre skipping it a second time.

Instead of answering my question, you told me that you had to be town because you and Marci are not synched, and appear to be upset that that does not immediately defuse my suspicions on you.
My issue is that I was bringing up the Gensokyo game as a way of having a little bit of coy fun and you tired to be Serious Samuel about it, and in the process acted like there’s a cop guilty outed on us. It’s that last part specifically that pisses me off because I have seen no reason for you to be as confident as you have been about us this game. You have basically come into the game prejudiced against us, so I refuse to entertain your bullshit when it’s clear it doesn’t matter, because even if you’re town it’s clear the only thing that will crack through your neutron-star-density skull is our alignment resolving on its own.
I strongly oppose us getting elimmed at all this game, it’s 100% better to let us resolve ourselves. I feel like there’s substantial support for elimming Dunnstral already but I’m not gonna fucking toy around atp, I’m making this but clear as crystal.

-GE
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1499, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 1498, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1493, Off The Hook wrote:I'm done answering your questions when it's not making a fucking dent with you. We'll just self-resolve and you can be made to eat the crow's egg that'll be on your face.

-GE
What of my questions have you answered that should make a dent? Because these are like The Questions that I matterhave asked that I think the answers would be most helpful in myself (and other people) sorting, and youre skipping it a second time.

Instead of answering my question, you told me that you had to be town because you and Marci are not synched, and appear to be upset that that does not immediately defuse my suspicions on you.
whats the questions u had again?

~M★
They were mostly aimed at Gamma, revolving around why he scum read me (was it more then just omgus).
Why remembering yakra made him reconsider his scum read
What is different between that game (where I scum read him) and this game (where I scum read him) that resulted in him scum reading me for it this game, but he didn't scum read me for it that game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1501, Off The Hook wrote:My issue is that I was bringing up the Gensokyo game as a way of having a little bit of coy fun and you tired to be Serious Samuel about it, and in the process acted like there’s a cop guilty outed on us. It’s that last part specifically that pisses me off because I have seen no reason for you to be as confident as you have been about us this game.
That last line was me joking as well. I laughed as I wrote it.
You have basically come into the game prejudiced against us, so I refuse to entertain your bullshit when it’s clear it doesn’t matter, because even if you’re town it’s clear the only thing that will crack through your neutron-star-density skull is our alignment resolving on its own.
I am not sure what made you think that I started prejudiced against you. I just came in and thought Marci was being scummy, and started looking harder, and then thought you independently did scummy things. That is where the "confidence" comes from by the way. The fact that I started scum reading both heads of your hydra independently from one another.

I am not really sure why me scum reading you gets you this heated tbh. That is true for what ever alignment you are.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 1503, Lukewarm wrote:That last line was me joking as well. I laughed as I wrote it.
Well it wasn’t funny.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

And just as like a point of order, you are my strongest scum read, and therefore (up until the tracker guilty) you were the number one person I wanted to kill this day phase. But, just because you are the person I think has the highest likelihood of being scum, does not mean that I am 100% confident that you flip scum. Just that you are more likely to flip scum then shooting someone else.

So, to see me say "I think that OTH is the best kill" and you to turn around with "how can you say that," "how are you so confident," "your acting like there is a cop guilty on me," ect, ect feels like there is a disconnect in how I view mafia games and how you are interpreting me.

The "egg on my face" bits too feels like a disconnect in how I view games. If I end up being proven wrong, do you expect that I will be contrite over having a bad read? Because literally every player in every game has bad reads here or there. So, I am not sure what you even expect me to be feeling if I am wrong. I think that there has been 1 total miselim that I have felt bad about in any of my games I have been in up to this point (Titus in Bloodstained).

This feels almost like an oog conversation at this point, but it feels like you and I almost fundamentally view mafia games differently
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

And the problem is that I haven’t for a second seen you even CONSIDER we could be town here. The best conclusion I can draw if you’re town is that you’re shit-tunneled on us and have been since the beginning. And given that, what’s the use in trying to convince you otherwise?
I have things I could say but until you actually show you’re spending even a single brain cell to sort us, I’m not gonna post them. But as a teaser, I have more stuff to dunk on your idea that I was thread-dodging as scum or whatever bullshit narrative you wrote for why I was low-activity early on.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 1505, Lukewarm wrote:The "egg on my face" bits too feels like a disconnect in how I view games. If I end up being proven wrong, do you expect that I will be contrite over having a bad read?
When you’re this high on your own fumes?
YES!!!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm coming around to townreading Gamma again but I just hate this Dunn wagon

I would like thoughts from LLD, Wis, DV, etc, on leashing Galron and Galron to publicly confirm under threat of elimination otherwise. It's kinda silly to say it's useful to let him get another report if we don't choose to exercise any input into who he's going to "investigate" (scare quotes intentional cause I still think he's like 90% scum here), and it'd be a useful way of generating more information from everyone else as well
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

To be real with you, the best way for you to sway my opinion on you is to stop getting pissed that I scum read you, and go out and scum hunt. I read the game, and from what I saw, your slot has the highest red flip percentage. Engaging with me on my scum read of you can only get you so far, like, if I misinterpreted or misunderstood something.

Find something that I missed or that I did not consider, convince me that someone else has a higher percent chance of being scum then you. But so far, I have not seen that from you. I saw you sheep onto a dunn wagon, and act like you have been sniffing up that tree all game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1508, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm coming around to townreading Gamma again but I just hate this Dunn wagon

I would like thoughts from LLD, Wis, DV, etc, on leashing Galron and Galron to publicly confirm under threat of elimination otherwise. It's kinda silly to say it's useful to let him get another report if we don't choose to exercise any input into who he's going to "investigate" (scare quotes intentional cause I still think he's like 90% scum here), and it'd be a useful way of generating more information from everyone else as well
I saw your post earlier, and I was lowkey waiting to see if someone came out and claimed to steal from either skybird or galron, because that would affect who I think he should be leashed on.

But yes, Galron should always be leashed if he is allowed to live
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 1508, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm coming around to townreading Gamma again but I just hate this Dunn wagon
>>>>:/

What’s wrong with it? Tbh I feel like it’s actually probably pure (at least up to Wisdom’s vote)
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 1509, Lukewarm wrote:To be real with you, the best way for you to sway my opinion on you is to stop getting pissed that I scum read you, and go out and scum hunt. I read the game, and from what I saw, your slot has the highest red flip percentage. Engaging with me on my scum read of you can only get you so far, like, if I misinterpreted or misunderstood something.

Find something that I missed or that I did not consider, convince me that someone else has a higher percent chance of being scum then you. But so far, I have not seen that from you. I saw you sheep onto a dunn wagon, and act like you have been sniffing up that tree all game.
...and you aren’t addressing my points on Dunnstral, WHY??!!?? I
just
wrote up why I thought someone else was scum, if you seriously mean this you should have engaged me on that!

-GE
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

And that’s especially problematic since you say I sheeped onto the wagon but that’s probably the most
anyone
has done to sell it rn.

-GE
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

it was formed as an alternative to a slot that I'm very confident is scum, and further I think Galron tried to shade Dunn and make him look bad in a way that doesn't look to me like a S-S interaction. I don't really see any good points against Dunn for things I find indicative, Dunn is always low activity, I've actually agreed with most of his stances this game, and I don't think your point about a post restriction holds any water, in fact it reminds me a bit of you trying to claim Dusa was scummy/hard to read in Situation Room for her flavor roleplaying
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Icebox
Icebox
Goon
Icebox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Icebox »

aight, what are we doing? There's like no time left.
Make a decision and stick to it.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I can see Galron being town if only because of how he claimed his role. He didn't role name drop and I'd expect a lesser scum to do that and I think he would be lesser scum based on his weirdness. I feel okay with leashing.

then again, Titus. Highly confusing, but not actually bad scum.

-Bell
You are frozen.
Weeee HYDRA!
Icebox
Icebox
Goon
Icebox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Icebox »

Let's skip the part where I'm murdered during the day and please kill me at night. *puppydog eyes at scum team* plz.

-Bell
You are frozen.
Weeee HYDRA!
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 1503, Lukewarm wrote:I am not really sure why me scum reading you gets you this heated tbh. That is true for what ever alignment you are.
i think its mainly
sometimes people get frustrated when people hard focus on them, because it doesnt feel like they'll listen at all and thats a bit discouraging.

- :good: -

can we elim cephrir today guys :cry:

~M★
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1509, Lukewarm wrote:your slot has the highest red flip percentage.
Maybe not, like, *right now* given how short on time this day is, but I'm curious how you figure this.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

my best point against Dunn would be that his vote didn't move much towards mid/late D1, but that's not always indicative. I also think his Pav vote to open D2 is a bit of an unlikely angle to take as scum, one of those takes that feels genuine because it doesn't strike as something scum would see as a useful read nor something especially plausible/in character
Icebox
Icebox
Goon
Icebox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Icebox »

I think the casket and the loverizor are separate things. If only because I could pick which casket I could guess during the day and it doesn't make flavor sense.
I should have asked everyone beforehand which to choose, but that's hindsight for you.

-Bell
You are frozen.
Weeee HYDRA!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 810, fferyllt wrote:WhemeStar (7): Bowser Jr., Cephrir, Skybird, Off The Hook, Pavowski, Lukewarm, Juliet Capulet
Juliet Capulet (6): Tamora's Angel, GuiltyLion, Wisdom, Lady Lambdadelta, DeasVail, WhemeStar
DeasVail (1): Icebox
Bowser Jr. (1): Dunnstral
Off The Hook (1): Child of Fairies

Not Voting (1): Galron
I'd probably want some kind of further confirmation on JC's alignment before diving too hard down this rabbithole but I would say this is a good VC to return to later. If JC was in fact conf!scum, I'd bet there's at least one other scum on the Wheme wagon. I'm hard townreading Bowser Jr and Lukewarm, and we have effectively a mechanical inno on Skybird (in either world of town/scum Galron then Skybird is town), so I'd look in {Ceph, OTH, Pav} for another scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

in a few hours later tonight I'll make a super tryhard reads post that should serve as my last will should shenanigans happen before I can post again and I die N2.
Icebox
Icebox
Goon
Icebox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Icebox »

My best point against Dunn is that I can't read Dunn because I've only played with town him. I have little idea other than hearsay meta as to what Dunn scum looks like.

-Bell
You are frozen.
Weeee HYDRA!
Icebox
Icebox
Goon
Icebox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Icebox »

In post 1522, GuiltyLion wrote:in a few hours later tonight I'll make a super tryhard reads post that should serve as my last will should shenanigans happen before I can post again and I die N2.
inb4 all of your reads are wrong.

-Bell
You are frozen.
Weeee HYDRA!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”