Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 298, floatingmay wrote:you can't know what i'm going to do in response to your explanations before you explain

again, your turn. I've provided more analysis/evidence on the matter of yeezy's being town. You have provided nada. zilch. nothing. You have no authority to try to tell me I'm wrong. What's your read on fixer while you're at it btw
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by floatingmay »

oh i got pagetop :D
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by floatingmay »

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 300, floatingmay wrote:i wouldn't say you gave me anything i didn't already have
if you already saw what i'm seeing in terms of thought progression then you should have already reached the same conclusion as me unless your reading method sux or you are scum who wants to make yeezys viable. i heavily doubt the latter so we going with the first part since youre also voting me.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by floatingmay »

i'll be back with my ssbm iso post in a moment
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh that post.

i ignored it bc it was filled with NAI accusations but let me deconstruct it rq
retired
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by floatingmay »

sorry for having a bad reading method, please teach me how to read like you

you can show me an example of an expert at work by telling me why you townread yeezys
fixer
fixer
Townie
fixer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by fixer »

In post 293, DkKoba wrote:actively protecting townreads and trying to build a townblock is not a scum trait get over yourself
actually yeah i agree with this a lot
it woould be odd for scum to hard defend someone for such a miniscule reason on the first few posts on here, atleast that's what i think of it as aijshnucb
i'm assuming a townblock is a list of people you're trying to TR here, and that would make sense but i feel weird that you just accepted yeezy's defense and just went on with your day ig

( rewritten post again bc mafiascum cant deal w me rn )
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 234, floatingmay wrote:
In post 229, DkKoba wrote:i will ask you first for an explaination why they are scum then because i dont believe that :P
imagine not believing a mafia player, smh my head

i did say i scumread them already in 137

i don’t know exactly why you townread yeezys but you’re probably at least a little biased here since yeezys has you as hard town (85, 159) and has generally been defending you, attacking your attackers, echoing your reads and word choice, interacting with you, etc

not a reason

and they already have four townreads, all of which are unexplained, i think? you plus myself, fixer, and kenny (161). would that not make the remaining mafia obvious to them? their townread on kenny is especially odd since it comes right after 152 (which kenny responded to extremely quickly. at that point they only had four total posts and one of them was a response to yeezys) and 158

this isn't scummy on its own- if you want them to explain then ask.

they claim to have a boring role (161) which if they’re vt is completely false. friendly reminder that my opinions are facts :)) also it just feels like a really contrived response, like if i were asked that i’d say good or something instead of boring

my god you are projecting yourself onto them stop this nooby nonsense

something about 114 sounds off. i’m not sure how but it kind of feels like this statement is implying something alignment related?

that is the most NAI post i've ever seen in my life. (hyperbole but like holy shit i barely even noticed that post i forgot it existed before you brought it back up)

151 wasn’t an actual defense; it didn’t even make up whole post. still waiting on your defense yeezys, unless koba does it for you ofc ;)

being defiant is on average +town and at worst NAI. next.

and like i said in 130, their actions don’t match their description of their own townplay

i implore you to look back at all the times you tried to sort via actions - and how accurate you were. if its anything under 90% you dont get to use this argument.

didn’t see this the first time sorry, i tend to skip lines a lot when reading but yeezys would you be willing to get back into mafia.gg if you were like, part of a server that hosted private games with nonarcade setups?

and if all else fails
maybe yeezy’s scum but forgot they were scum again so that’s why their actions seem towny to you!

my god we are reaching today huh?
three of these run-on sentences start with and :') i tried my best to coalesce these into proper paragraphs but my thoughts are way too disjointed for that
ur case
deconstructed

here's a tip: finding scum is much more effective by finding who *isn't towntelling* moreso than who is *scumtelling*. Because your idea of scumtells will often fail. Are unreliable. But ideas of towntells will rarely fail.

Go back and look at yeezys. Look at them with a bias of them being conf town to you. You may end up seeing a conclusion that better matches mine. I myself think they are working with an independent mindset.

while getting out the vibe of someone's thought process is a skill learned over time - being able to read soemone's energy and how much thought they are putting into the game(as in how much their posts seem like they are thinking about the game) is a best practice.
retired
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by floatingmay »

ssbm stuff!

yeah, they’ve mostly been talking about meta and explaining things to newer players. i think her first few posts were decently towny and while her later posts weren’t, the quality of her posts and the time at which they were sent match so it’s entirely plausible they just haven’t had the time to contribute more

and also 279

actually ssbm townreads yeezys too doesn't she? ssbm can you explain your read on yeezys?
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by floatingmay »

yeah that's why i focused on yeezys initially

i think you, val, and ssbm are town

fixer, andre, and mbot haven't posted enough for me to get a read on them

so that leaves kenny and yyeezys
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by floatingmay »

i asked them to explain and they said all their reads were gut reads, which isn't really an explanation
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by floatingmay »

not sure what sort via actions means
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

gut reads are totally fine on d1
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 313, floatingmay wrote:not sure what sort via actions means
Talking like "oh you said this but voted there so you have to be scum!" kinda deal.

i am particularly sensistive to this because people often will be like "oh you tr them so fast you must be scum TMIing!!" and then i flip town.. and my townreads are correct.. (yes I am a bit good at this game at times :P )

another example might be "oh you claimed to target the claimed 3rd party you must be mafia!" (also one i have been accused of being scum of and then i flipped town! was very fun lmao)

that kinda stuff like when you say "only scum does that!" the reality is, town does that too.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 311, floatingmay wrote:yeah that's why i focused on yeezys initially

those 3 people who havent posted enough should also be in your consideration - excluding people from being possible scum from lack of content and assuming the people posting are scum is a fallacy that I see all the time. Although I do agree on kenny.
retired
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by floatingmay »

yeah but how does that relate to what i said?
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by floatingmay »

i didn't exclude them from being scum, i just won't push them until they post more
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

you are assuming that either yeezys or kenny have to be scum - which is a fallacy.
retired
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by floatingmay »

i'm not assuming that, i'm only pushing them at the moment but that will probably change soon and it doesn't mean i don't scumread anyone else
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by floatingmay »

also can you rerspond to 317
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I already did answer it implicitly
retired
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by floatingmay »

can you answer it explicitly? i'm trying to conserve my braincells here so that they can be used to actually, you know, find scum. instead of doing whatever this is
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 311, floatingmay wrote:yeah that's why i focused on yeezys initially

here is the post im referring to, you said "that leaves kenny and yeezys" which implies you think they are teamed which matches up with how you ahve been treating the 2 slots.
retired

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”