Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

Dude has claimed to have only one Shakespeare quote (so lazy hed not even looking at the sample PM apparently) yet has specifically claimed 2 abilities one of which makes no sense, apparently has a picture of rosencrantz with ophelia instead of you know the character he is attached at the hip to (do they even share any scenes???) What more do you need
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Skybird »

DV, I am thinking it was a dawn action because of the order and timing of the mod communications.

I thought for a while that maybe Galron visited Wheme at night and me at dawn, but I don't think his comparing action would work like that. But I'm the first to admit I don't know game mechanics that well.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Bowser Jr. »

In post 1769, Lukewarm wrote:If we are taking galron off the table, and I need to compromise I could possibly do cephir.
Please don't say this as if Galron isn't getting limmed today

Because Galron is still the only lim I will consider today and as sad as it is that Bell has to die I don't really care to leave Galron alive just to test Bell's role

~Spiffy
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Bowser Jr. »

Like I'm down to use the rest of the Day to discuss who we are scumreading going forward

Great stuff

But don't lend credence to the idea that Galron will not be dying today.

TIA

~Spiffy
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Skybird »

Ceph, you only have one vote on you if I read the vote count correctly.

Pedit- I would rather flip Galron too.
GTKA Skybird!

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1780, Skybird wrote:Ceph, you only have one vote on you if I read the vote count correctly.

Pedit- I would rather flip Galron too.
I can in fact count! Soft votes are a legitimate form of danger

I'm annoyed that this is probably a calculated move by lld/maybe wis to get a rise out of me. And it may work! Am I now the guy who's not allowed to play until he has an emotional breakdown in the thread? It's kind of shitty to force me to be a person I've said I want to stop being. :/

I'm probably overreacting but theres your frustration are you happy now
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1781, Cephrir wrote:It's kind of shitty to force me to be a person I've said I want to stop being. :/
that was a bad thing to say sorry

i do want to draw a comparison to other players who are required to perform a certain way in order to be allowed to live, but i didn't need to do it in an accusatory way.
Bartleby the Scrivener
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1773, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1771, Skybird wrote:Ok, I was looking back on stuff that happened last night and I don't think Galron was the person who robbed me. I got my wages at the end of day 1. It appears that I wasn't robbed until the dawn actions. My notice about the missing gold didn't come until start of day . Did it happen like this for anyone else?
Is there a reason you think this didn’t occur as a night action though?
In post 1774, DeasVail wrote:It might be helpful to know if GL received his result at beginning of dawn or beginning of day
I received the Galron track result prior to the start of the dawn phase, and then personally I received an update on my coins (that the total was unchanged) after the dawn phase, once day 2 actually started.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1778, Bowser Jr. wrote:
In post 1769, Lukewarm wrote:If we are taking galron off the table, and I need to compromise I could possibly do cephir.

Because Galron is still the only lim I will consider today and as sad as it is that Bell has to die I don't really care to leave Galron alive just to test Bell's role

~Spiffy
I want to let Bell target me, since he appears to be looking for specific people, and I have reason to believe it might be me.

Galron dies tomorrow.

(Unless wisdom and lld keep the options as galron or Dunn. I will kill galron every time on that scenario. But I can kill OTH or cephir over galron)
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Skybird »

Ceph, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to annoy you. FWIW, I don't see um read you.
GTKA Skybird!

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am

Post by DeasVail »

My patience now is wearing thin
Town! Unite! Against sin

UNVOTE: Cephrir
VOTE: Galron
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1770, Lukewarm wrote:Also, gl. Your reads list is like exactly mine, but with pav and oth flipped lol
do you find my points against Pav worth looking at? I really don't think I have any good reasons to townread him at all, I thought the "never lim Juliet until endgame" posting was unlikely from scum but I could see that as cheeky S-S. If they're both scum together it would also serve as a different explanation as to why Pav didn't consider her as a potential NK ().
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Bowser Jr. »

In post 1784, Lukewarm wrote:

~Spiffy
I want to let Bell target me, since he appears to be looking for specific people, and I have reason to believe it might be me.

Galron dies tomorrow.

(Unless wisdom and lld keep the options as galron or Dunn. I will kill galron every time on that scenario. But I can kill OTH or cephir over galron)
Ok let’s say Bell gets some super awesome power if he targets and “finds” you tonight. If Galron is limmed tomorrow Bell dies too and this potential ability is left unused.

It is a fruitless endeavor and I would like to prioritize limming certain scum than banking on the ~5% chance Bell could make use of his role by targeting you.

~Spiffy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1785, Skybird wrote:Ceph, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to annoy you. FWIW, I don't see um read you.
You didnt annoy me dw
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1788, Bowser Jr. wrote:
In post 1784, Lukewarm wrote:

~Spiffy

Galron dies tomorrow.

Ok let’s say Bell gets some super awesome power if he targets and “finds” you tonight. If Galron is limmed tomorrow Bell dies too and this potential ability is left unused.

It is a fruitless endeavor and I would like to prioritize limming certain scum than banking on the ~5% chance Bell could make use of his role by targeting you.

~Spiffy
Okay, well if you want to just make shit up and then call it preposterous, I can make shit up too.

What if him targeting me give me an ability, therefore we can still get a benefit even if he dies with Galron?

Or what if it breaks his loverizer (since he said that he loses all abilities if he targets the right person, and lover is sometimes considered an ability)?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1787, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1770, Lukewarm wrote:Also, gl. Your reads list is like exactly mine, but with pav and oth flipped lol
do you find my points against Pav worth looking at? I really don't think I have any good reasons to townread him at all, I thought the "never lim Juliet until endgame" posting was unlikely from scum but I could see that as cheeky S-S. If they're both scum together it would also serve as a different explanation as to why Pav didn't consider her as a potential NK ().
I actually think it could be a nice excuse to not interact with her

But I still dont really want to base anything on assumptions about jc
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

There were like 3 things that have put Pav in my town leans:

Early on, I really felt like he was trying to sort me in our earlier interactions, someone else said it looked like town finding each other.

Then what you pointed to with Juliet. I do think that it would be a weird thing to say about a partner, but I also saw this exchange resulting from it:

Spoiler:
In post 83, Pavowski wrote:I don't care if Juliet is scum, we can never lim her in this game.

Er um I mean

Let not the sun rise on the day
We place fair Juliet in harm's way

And those that wish her ill, beware
My wrath 'pon thee I will not spare
In post 85, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 83, Pavowski wrote:I don't care if Juliet is scum, we can never lim her in this game.
do u think shes scum..?
why shouldn't we lim her?

~M★
In post 87, Pavowski wrote: Re: Juliet, I have no idea if she's scum but this game needs those bars she's spittin

Which, at the time felt like a weird misunderstanding from Marci, but then once I started looking back with the asumption that Juliet was scum, stood out more. I actually feel more like that was Pav making a joke about JC, and Marci being worried that her partner was getting clocked as scum early.

And finally, this:
In post 738, Pavowski wrote:
In post 731, Juliet Capulet wrote:You are doing it right now ! <3
If Luke and JC have scum equity why is she here hanging a lampshade on it?
Which I don't see why scum!pav steps in to keep me from being linked to scum!JC right before scum!JC is voted out.

------

And general feel and tone, that are harder to just point to, felt good

And then he had not done anything that raised red flags for me.

I see what you said about him riding under a radar, and I will keep an eye on it. (also, getting ready to look more closely at your reasons you have him in your scum reads - like already read it, but have not followed any links)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1791, Cephrir wrote:But I still dont really want to base anything on assumptions about jc
I am already shaping all of my reads on the assumption that Juliet was scum AND that Galron is scum, you need to keep up :P :P
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1762, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1750, GuiltyLion wrote:His claimed ability to upgrade to rolecop doesn't make sense because parity cop is equal to if not a stronger role.
Pretty sure he said the upgrade is he gets the role of one of the players on top of the parity cop
No, he didn't:
In post 1340, Galron wrote:
In post 1326, GuiltyLion wrote:hmmm

I'd say in general the odds of Galron choosing to peek at exactly both a player that was killed and a player that was robbed are really low and so I don't think it's still really likely that his claim is true or that he's town

however due to my role I will track him again tonight so if I live to D3 I can confirm it tomorrow, therefore I'm not sure if I'm fully opposed to letting him live today, but I want to think about it. @Galron, can you use this ability every night?
I can upgrade to rolecop if I have enough gold, and I can't use the comparing ability then.
Stop making things up to defend him
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1756, Titus wrote:
In post 1749, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1624, Lukewarm wrote:lurk Dunn = town Dunn.
No. Dunn lurks as scum.
This
A lawyer who ignores evidence, that's a new one.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by Pavowski »

If I'm scum with Galron, I'd be taking the opportunity to vote Dunn (as some other people have pretty vehemently pushed for, and he's a decent second wagon). I still think Galron should go, even though it costs us Icebox.

Re: Juliet, assuming she does eventually flip scum (did Luke say he had good reason to think she'd be resolved by d3? Feels like somebody said it, and I do think it's likely), as much as I'd like to think scum!me has the stones to say after a post or two from her that she should make it to endgame as my scumbuddy, I am pretty sure I don't actually have those stones.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1387, Titus wrote:VOTE: Dunn

I feel Galron is probably scum, but I agree with the mechanical call more.
This vote is still unexplained, and you claim to still think Galron is probably scum, so when did that shift to thinking I'm scum?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Pavowski »

I am happy to see I've got a few scumreads on me this game though, I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1794, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1762, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1750, GuiltyLion wrote:His claimed ability to upgrade to rolecop doesn't make sense because parity cop is equal to if not a stronger role.
Pretty sure he said the upgrade is he gets the role of one of the players on top of the parity cop
No, he didn't:
In post 1340, Galron wrote:
In post 1326, GuiltyLion wrote:hmmm

I'd say in general the odds of Galron choosing to peek at exactly both a player that was killed and a player that was robbed are really low and so I don't think it's still really likely that his claim is true or that he's town

however due to my role I will track him again tonight so if I live to D3 I can confirm it tomorrow, therefore I'm not sure if I'm fully opposed to letting him live today, but I want to think about it. @Galron, can you use this ability every night?
I can upgrade to rolecop if I have enough gold, and I can't use the comparing ability then.
Stop making things up to defend him
^
why would anyone be able to upgrade their role to something worse.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”