Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 474, Val89 wrote:
In post 470, T3 wrote:what yeezys is doing is hardly speculating on masonry
In post 451, yeezys wrote:koba, i dont know whats going on between you and noah but i dont fucking like it.
either youre
a) mason partners with t3
You can tell me the sky is green all you like. There are *4* lights.
i wasn't trying to speculate on masonry stfu lol
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

masonry on deez nuts
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by MBot »

Not everyone agreed that Koba is town. Mostly just Yeezy, T3, and briefly Kenny.
In post 346, kennyk wrote:
In post 341, Val89 wrote:Is it usual practise to openly discuss who may or may not be a PR on the other sites you have played on, kenny?

I think if a town PR were to counterclaim in response to Kobes 'softclaims', if that's what they were, that would be somewhat of a own-gaol in that Koba would likely just say "haha, I wasn't claiming mason, just messing around", and we have an outted PR on D1 with a target on their back for what? Does Koba get eliminated anyway? Drawing a CC while still maintaining some doubt about whether Koba was
trying
to do so might well be the motivation for doing that, and you aren't helping.

If that's your only reason for reading Koba town, I would strongly suggest you reconsider.
As I played on greylabyrinth 15 years ago it isn't a good reference on how to play here and now.

If Koba would really react as you say, we would have gained a lot. I would change my vote onto them without further thinking as playing like that would be at least antitown.

And to add things to my believe in Koba being a mason is my general thinking about masons: As I came to this site again after 15 years and seeing the newbie setup as it is now (back then it always was 2 mafia goons, 1 cop, 1 doc and some VTs) I thought that the worst that could happen to me was being a mason. This was because it means there is no protective or investigative role for town. It just gives two players the inside knowledge about who else is town. But as I thought about it for a bit longer I was no longer convinced that it is the worst setup.

The main advantage scum has is that they are informed. With the masons a few townies (two) are informed as well. This reduced the information gap a bit. In my eyes the best strategy to further close it is to share this knowledge. It is true that if two masons are more or less confirmed D1 they are the most likely nightkills N1 and N2, but this gives town some time to get the true villains. It also stops miselimings of those two players.

And compared to the other option it is way better. The worst thing that could hapen in a mason setup is that the masons do nothing to reveal themselves (not even breadcrumbing) and one gets NKed. The other mason is very likely being counterclaimed day 2 if he dares to claim. This could very fast end in a (miselim D1, mason 1 NKed N1, mason 2 miselim D2, VT NKed N2, scum elim D3, V NKed N3) 2 to 1 on day 4.
This looks really great for Kenny making logical conclusions.
In post 42, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I asked because I've seen the very posts Val was referring to before when
metaing
other players and it struck me as odd that he did not open the same way here.

Spoiler: For Newbies, on Meta
Meta refers to a player's playstyle or patterns. Sometimes if you're having trouble reading someone, or think something they did was suspicious but are not sure if it is AI (alignment-indicative) for that player, you can go look at their previous games and see what they have done in the past to judge whether it is something that is normal for them to do only as one alignment or the other, or if it is new territory for them. For example, Koba has correctly TRed and SRed me with 100% accuracy in the past 5 or 6 games we've played together where they were town, because they have gotten familiar with my meta.

When I say "metaing", I just mean reading that other player's
completed
(discussing ongoing games is against the rules) games (I think I was metaing StrangeMatter, possibly also saw Val89 in a Roden game) to help me get a better read on them. Some people will also say meta-diving.

To find a player's games, click their name to view their profile, and on the right side in the "User Statistics" section click "View their Topics" to see a list of threads the player has posted in.

Koba's read accuracy on me is actually game-relevant so I'll include this outside the spoiler as well. I say they have a high burden of proficiency (BoP) to read me correctly because they have established a history of correctly reading me. I'm town, so this means if Koba is scum they are sort of cornered into killing me at Night or keeping me alive and TRing me, hoping I don't catch them.
SSBM laid out the possibilities of Koba's play here. Just something to consider. It would be bumb to claim mason unless the other was on bored to confirm the claim. That would clear up 4/9 on D1. ( town player and myself plus masons. Ill say it even if I hate the statement, I'm town.) If the claim was BS then the real Masons would have to come forward and prove their BS but that can be a shitshow. I only mention it because of the breadcrumbing that multiple people have alluded to.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

weakly defending kenny with shallow reasoning and then shading me for a might be

team is kenny/mbot

i'll be taking the mvp award now ty
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

you're also afraid of me being a mason so you cover up the latter sentence in case i am lmao
retired
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 472, MBot wrote:I'm thinking Val is too overthinking to be scum. Either that or he is playing a newbie game to serve his time to F the big fish up. It's hard to compare subs play between T3 and SSBM. Both are buddying up with Koba which could read both ways at this point.

T3, you still haven't explained your vote on me but that doesn't matter because, well, you're wrong. Other that the Val BWing, who else would you say is the top of your scum list?
my vote on you is honestly just poe.

I get weird vibes from fixer but he's objectively slightly towny
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by T3 »

also Kenny might be scum because he didn't seem to want to take a stance on val
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I joke claim mason nearly every game and in a recent game i actually fakeclaimed it to save a person i townread.

if a person is going to react strongly to a post 1 mason joke claim its a lesson learned and they didnt deserve to rand pr anyways so i consider it ok from all angles.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

nah t3 they're hedging in case im mason im actually crying :lol:
retired
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by MBot »

And Koba would be at least 50% wrong which could burn town to the ground. I'll be nominating you for that award now, thanks.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 474, Val89 wrote:
In post 470, T3 wrote:what yeezys is doing is hardly speculating on masonry
In post 451, yeezys wrote:koba, i dont know whats going on between you and noah but i dont fucking like it.
either youre
a) mason partners with t3
You can tell me the sky is green all you like. There are *4* lights.
you can't possibly actually think this is real masonry spec
normally I'd be scumreading this but I had this exact experience with town Titus in MBOS 13
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 206, fixer wrote:aw man sorry for not posting, i forgot to come on here for a bit but I've caught up with mostly everything right now

i might respond to some previous posts in the next few hours but I'd like to state my reads first! i have a small feeling there's a mafia between Mbot/Koba, although its not very a very strong feeling so it'll definitely change. i'm nullreading may, val, ssbm, and andre atm.

kenny & yeezys strike me as more towny honestly, i don't really get a pure scum vibe from either of them yet. although i get how kenny's over explaining could be counted as scummy, being cautious with their posts and not trying to be painted in a bad light too early on, their math makes sense to me for the most part and i dont really mind it. im leaning more towards town on them. yeezy's activity and consistently wanting reads/discussion wouldn't be scum behavior imo, it could be used to establish a towny presence early on and be more lenient as scum later, i feel like there's others who could be more scummy than these two :!:
This pinged me as towny.
didn't seem believable, specifically is his point about me switching votes between val and MBot.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if val is keeping this up on d2 then they prob are scum bc at least on d1 i understand no info but deffo like in the hard range of clowntown rn lmao
retired
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by MBot »

I'm glad Fixer felt town to T3 and their indecisive votes with no reasoning behind it. I'm still waiting on an actual answer why you randomly decided to read me as scum when I started asking questions. Not a good look, guys.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by T3 »

I don't read you as scum.
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by MBot »

I appreciate it, T3! Especially after your lack of response to other that PoE when there were better options. Unless you were going off my post count, which I explained that I had nothing to contribute. I normally play safe but it seems like everyone is playing their cards too close to their chest to move things along.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: kenny
meh, true ig
fixer
fixer
Townie
fixer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by fixer »

gday i am making an unnecessarily long post in the background ( Reads ) so i'm just gonna react to things cause i surprisingly dont like writing a lot!! ill post it tmr or smth deepends
In post 454, T3 wrote:
not really
I sometimes have very erratic voting patterns
that's fair i think
In post 454, T3 wrote:
I actually scum read val, I don't scum read mbot that much but I'm still voting her.
though that's a little weird imo, if you don't read mbot as scum that much why not go on val? to get info on the other in case they're aligned or another reason?
fixer
fixer
Townie
fixer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by fixer »

In post 426, MBot wrote:I've been keeping up reading through the day but suck at scum hunting which is why I'm here. I'm not used to having no claims at all D1 and not knowing individual meta play. I'm floundering but learning. :eek:

Rereading yet again and I found that Koba is an entertaining turd head who is more than likely too ballsy to be scum.

Yeezys - buddied up with Koba and Koba hasn't shanked them just yet. Why does this make me feel better? Theories abound! Could go either way.

Val - I just want to give them an ice cream cone but someone will just come and smack it out of their hand. Easy target to pressure but their responses don't read as scummy to me.

Kenny's - posts are brief but thought out. I like their posts and not joining the BW by soft pressuring outside of the box.

FloatingMay - I keep feeling is too nice for playing in a mafia game. This is what I meant by asking Kenny if he was seriously SRing them. Their play if scum would be diabolical. Maybe I'm just used to reactive players not making sense. sounded like trying to catch dust moats. I tend to overthink though and this could be them trying to figure things out with very little to work with at this stage. Down at the bottom of nul for me.

Fixer - I don't know why I SR them because I have no actual examples to site but I am.

T3 - Null but come at me, guy! :twisted:

Andres - Skating null. How do you feel about your role?
hiiii mbot

out of the few whom you null/scum read for now, who do you think you would pair as a scum team? from either poe or gutreads whichever
also site your examples smh how uncool /j
though i'm actually curious on the SR on me from your pov, even if it's just the vibes of a post it i think it still works to back up some sort of read at this day and age. plus i like insight it's very nice to learn from as well wooo

anyways i agree with your reads somewhat, val + kenny + may are similar to my own i think? though i have a null/scumlean on kenny still so that's probably not what you're suggesting here djihnuvjb
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:53 am

Post by T3 »

In post 492, fixer wrote:gday i am making an unnecessarily long post in the background ( Reads ) so i'm just gonna react to things cause i surprisingly dont like writing a lot!! ill post it tmr or smth deepends
In post 454, T3 wrote:
not really
I sometimes have very erratic voting patterns
that's fair i think
In post 454, T3 wrote:
I actually scum read val, I don't scum read mbot that much but I'm still voting her.
though that's a little weird imo, if you don't read mbot as scum that much why not go on val? to get info on the other in case they're aligned or another reason?
deadline was approaching + I'm willing to sheep koba on val for now
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

Andresvmb has been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:49 am

Post by yeezys »

VOTE: T3
ive wanted to do this for the past four days explanation coming soon
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:28 am

Post by T3 »

In post 496, yeezys wrote:VOTE: T3
you don't want to do this
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:00 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 497, T3 wrote:
In post 496, yeezys wrote:VOTE: T3
you don't want to do this
oh i fucking do
dont tell me what i want to do or what i dont want to do, i knwo what i'm doing
you and koba are scumbuddies, and you're not making your situation any better
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:35 am

Post by MBot »

I want to hear Yeezys explanation of that love triangle squabble!

Fixer, I'm not reading Kenny as scummy yet just upper range of Null-Town for their effort. I looked back and can't find specifics on my scum lean towards you other than no outside thinking. Could be agreeing with what others reasoning in their reads but it's somewhat following along. Scum know who scum is so I'm more hunting for those who are tagging along with others reasoning. I'm still thinking that there is one loud mouth scum trying to drive the bus and one laying low.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”