Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 461, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 456, Azaariah wrote:i bus my buddy like this on day 1 when they are in a perfectly amazing position. okay ...
Why wouldn't you? Do you expect people to actually follow you and kill Andante?
the fact that my SR has persisted for over 10 pages shows dedication. regardless of if it will go through, it is the strongest push anyone in this game has had so far. and you seem to think that andante won't actually go through today when i am putting them at a very high risk by doing this. whether or not they will depends, but this risk isn't worth it especially when the partner is a newer player who might just scum it up under pressure.

wouldn't this make more sense coming from scum on town also? if that were the case, i have two buddy's words and influence on the thread. getting a townie eliminated, especially a newer player, should be a piece of cake.

what i gain from hard pushing a buddy who may actually die on day 1 instead of just letting t3 go through is not what i need to win the game as scum. all i get is suspicion on my buddy, who is now at higher risk of elimination and a likely investigative target. if i lead the wagon through, i just killed my buddy, who was in a good position on day 1 for no reason. does it get me towncred? yes. but i would rather win in elo with two scum than 1. your logic is pretty messed up.
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Hella Jeff »

In post 474, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Feel what?
Aroused?
NORWEE~!
not in public!
GET IN THE SCUM PT
man listen, stairs. i am TELLING you
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 460, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 452, NorwegianboyEE wrote:...Why?
This line feels very distancey: "i think andante is scum. this post is just such a strange post and not in a good way. what was the motivation behind posting this post? i actually dont understand." like they're trying to play up how weird/confusing it is.
you yourself already admitted that it was weird though. i dont see how that plays it up given it IS a weird situation and when you think about it, it is difficult to tell what the motivation is.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Azaariah »

weird/confusing =/= distancing also. not how it works.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Just the number of short sentences underscoring the point makes it feel less likely genuine based on experience. Could just be stylistic, of course.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Azaariah »

the number of long sentences i've wrote are far more and plentiful. if you really want to do this, address all of my posts on the case.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 467, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 464, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m adding Norwee to my townblock because he dropped a raw line earlier and I think that’s towny
What is a raw line?
Something that hits you in your soul
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:37 am

In post 480, Azaariah wrote:the number of long sentences i've wrote are far more and plentiful. if you really want to do this, address all of my posts on the case.
There is no way that is healthy for the game.

I am pattern-matching based on what I've seen in the past. I can't think of specific examples, but I can think of a situation where I advised a scum partner not to make a post that did the exact thing that I'm talking about. It does happen.

That said, I wasn't aware when I made the comment that your Andante vote was your first substantial post of the game. I think most people wouldn't be distancing quite THAT early, so I retract it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Azaariah »

UNVOTE: something_smart

i just did a little read through of something_smart's last scum game. it's a very different' feel from here so they're probably town even though i dont agree with most everything they say.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 482, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 480, Azaariah wrote:the number of long sentences i've wrote are far more and plentiful. if you really want to do this, address all of my posts on the case.
There is no way that is healthy for the game.

I am pattern-matching based on what I've seen in the past. I can't think of specific examples, but I can think of a situation where I advised a scum partner not to make a post that did the exact thing that I'm talking about. It does happen.

That said, I wasn't aware when I made the comment that your Andante vote was your first substantial post of the game. I think most people wouldn't be distancing quite THAT early, so I retract it.
perfect timing. are you going to vote someone now?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:48 am

Wasn't planning on it. We still have over a week left in the day.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Azaariah »

how do you feel about norwegianboy and osuka? my initial thought was that both were town. im not as certain anymore.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Is it because i never stop talking?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Azaariah »

my reads are:

town
april
something_smart
hella jeff
holiday
t3

norwegianboy/osuka
geraintm
almost50

scum
dwlee
andante

but right now i have this desire to vote t3 for this post:
In post 472, T3 wrote:
This line feels very distancey: "i think andante is scum. this post is just such a strange post and not in a good way. what was the motivation behind posting this post? i actually dont understand." like they're trying to play up how weird/confusing it is.
This is actually valid huh
i dont think something_smart's post is scummy though the idea is scummy because i dont think scum something_smart posts that post exactly like that. i do not wish to elaborate as to not mess with my own mind but anyone is free to check out their last scum game which i just briefly looked over. it looks very different from their play here. i can't believe that t3 who scum reads andante, actually thinks i could be scum with them. but maybe it's this exact scummy play style that has them getting so many votes. im not sure where i stand anymore.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Azaariah »

aza out.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

cellophane, mr cello phane,
shoulda been my name, mr cellophane
because you can see right through me, walk right by me
you'll never know I'm there
NEVER, EVEN, KNEWWWWWWWWW
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:57 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 483, Azaariah wrote:UNVOTE: something_smart

i just did a little read through of something_smart's last scum game. it's a very different' feel from here so they're probably town even though i dont agree with most everything they say.
you know that people try and change their play style right? thats a thing?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:00 am

In post 486, Azaariah wrote:how do you feel about norwegianboy and osuka? my initial thought was that both were town. im not as certain anymore.
I all honesty I looked but couldn't find anything for either of them.

I don't trust in my ability to read Norwee at all; I don't recall if I've ever seen him as scum, but if so I sure don't remember what it's like.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:02 am

Also I do have to back up geraintm here. I get reads on me all the time because I'm playing similarly or differently from my town or scum game and I would bet that those reads are in general not better than random.

People pick up on patterns in my play but my play has a LOT of patterns that do not depend on my alignment (but can depend on other external factors).
Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Holiday »

Good afternoon.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 491, geraintm wrote:
In post 483, Azaariah wrote:UNVOTE: something_smart

you know that people try and change their play style right? thats a thing?
something_smart is still town here.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:43 am

Post by T3 »

In post 488, Azaariah wrote:my reads are:

town
april
something_smart
hella jeff
holiday
t3

norwegianboy/osuka
geraintm
almost50

scum
dwlee
andante

but right now i have this desire to vote t3 for this post:
In post 472, T3 wrote:
This is actually valid huh
i dont think something_smart's post is scummy though the idea is scummy because i dont think scum something_smart posts that post exactly like that. i do not wish to elaborate as to not mess with my own mind but anyone is free to check out their last scum game which i just briefly looked over. it looks very different from their play here. i can't believe that t3 who scum reads andante, actually thinks i could be scum with them. but maybe it's this exact scummy play style that has them getting so many votes. im not sure where i stand anymore.
Dunno tbh
Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Holiday »

I've caught up, but I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on this game right now.

T3 feels very... invasive, in his posts, like a pest. Burrowing into things and trying to undermine rather than doing anything that's meaningful. I could cherrypick from his ISO but I think some people have already pointed this out so hopefully this point is understood without context. "Bad vibes" in a nutshell.

Aza has written up the thoughts I have about Andante pretty well, at this point: the enthusiasm and energy is there but the actual content/logic being applied falls flat, and while it's hard to express why a scum player would make the points Andante has if you're applying it to a player with more experience... Andante lacks it, and thus is going to say things that are clunky as they learn what does and doesn't work. She's fallen away a bit too but it's not been that long, but perhaps the initial spurt of posting not being met with enthusiasm/picked at almost immediately soured her to posting for fear of making it worse.

Associated with this, if Andante is scum, osuka's interactions with/around her feel... weird to me. The aggression in was offputting to me, and while osuka is apparently just like that as a player, it doesn't ring right when it's followed up with small defenses/an overall unease around her wagon without offering up a meaningful way of directing that suspicion. It's just there as a defense, and I wonder even if osuka could be scum without Andante being scum too and it's just an average white knight defense.

...not sold on this, though, because I thought Norwee was being wishywashy about osuka when they were speaking with one another which doesn't make sense if osuka is scum and then Norwee is also scum, but they're both a little strange to me so far. Between the two of them Norwee's townier but there are those little moments.

I'm going to wait for an updated vote count, but Andante/osuka hold my attention most right now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What do you think of me rn, Holiday?
<Embrace The Void>

Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Holiday »

In post 498, Gamma Emerald wrote:What do you think of me rn, Holiday?
I guess nulltown? You're floating around but that's about it, I don't go strongly one way on your slot so far.

Is there any reason that you've been relatively detached?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”