Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 523, Val89 wrote:I'm still not sure which of the two between T3 and Koba I think are more likely to flip scum, if it's not both.

I read "I can refute that as NAI at best" (whatever that is, I take it to mean the anti-town playstyle) as a dog whistle for 'I play like a troll in all my games, so it's easy to get away with as scum', which I feel also kinda describes T3 too, to some degree - except I've seen him promise not to play in such a manner recently, and I've no handle on Koba in that vein. That's the only real tie break I have given they appear to be tying their fates together hard and I'm not convinced a scumteam would do so so publicly and so early - it's more likely I feel there is one scum in the pair.

That said, it looks like I have a better chance of actually forcing Koba to give us something with which we can actually try and sort them if I switch back there. My vanity vote on T3 doesn't appear to be achieving much with not a whole lot of time left.

VOTE: DkKoba
have u tried actually .. reading the game?

what is your read on mbot?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 522, Val89 wrote:I am not seeing MBot here. Complaints are being made about "not explaining reads organically" but, as far as I can see, those reads are explained as well as can be given how his game is being played, and, while I realise I am in the minority in this particular game, it appears to be a result largely of your examples, Koba and T3. I also note that, having been more than happy to riff off yeezys playing this memey 'I'm not explaining jack' sort of game, you, Koba, now want to insist he bucks it up and starts explaining the second it is turned on you.

I can't help but feel scum are more than content with the way this game is going, and to criticise one of the few slots trying to get things moving doesn't look all that great.

I was hoping Looker coming with would be the impetus this game needs to get rolling. Can you explain what you thing you are seeing in those posts you have quoted? Maybe things will get moving this way.
i literally fucking explained my read on yeezys and its the most explained read in the whole game

my read on kyouko is based very strongly on vibes and while kyouko wasnt with us long enough to be locktowned they are certainly enough to be townread.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by MBot »

If Koba is actually town then they're too dead set on thinking they're right that they can't see past their own hubris to say anything except "Believe me because I know what I'm talking about." Yea, sure, possibly NAI but still not pro town. I have a bad tendency to WIFOM every situation but I dont think I have to explain my lowering read on Koba. BWing on Val and now me with three others just blindly following along?

Koba, if Val is actually town like I believe, and I know you're wrong about me, then your reads aren't so great. Trust broken.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

my reads have never has consistency in terms of scumreads early game ? lmao

are you trying to claim because i was wrong on someone at some point i am scum?

this is peak scum reasoning to frame someone with knowledge that they are town ^

"trust broken" my ass - im just actually viewing the game in a way that is natural so i am actually making mistakes in assumptions.

i fluff up my early reads to get things going, and also naturally react to scumreads by omgusing them because i like to discourage voting on myself. so naturally i tend to be wrong early on but what's important is i got info from other slots based on that push.

im blatantly town and i'm being pushed for being unorthodox and loud.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i just helped win a large game with 21 people by having the game winning townread on another player and helping flip 3 scum before that as well as having a 4th pinned down + having the correct read on every flipped townie.

I have confidence in my play for good reason - because I deliver results, even if it might not be early d1, it ends up happening by end of day 1 and you are trying to subtly shade me with these kinds of TMI riddled statements.

thanks for letting us know Val is town for sure because I was probably going to tinfoil them d2 after u flipped scum
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

there's maybe *1* angle i think u are town in but its likley impossible so.
retired
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by kennyk »

Sorry for not posting over the weekend. Real life had other things in mind than I had.

I guess there was someone out there who wanted a read on Val from me (to lazy to find and quote it). In my readlist I had him as null. But his direct reaction to my list (see following quote) together with the "takeback of a mason softclaim" made me change him to a strong townlean. Some of his posts thereafter have a feeling I can very much relate to. The desperation in not knowing what is happening and what to do about this game looks real to me. So Val right now is in one of the top spots of my green list.
In post 341, Val89 wrote:Is it usual practise to openly discuss who may or may not be a PR on the other sites you have played on, kenny?

I think if a town PR were to counterclaim in response to Kobes 'softclaims', if that's what they were, that would be somewhat of a own-gaol in that Koba would likely just say "haha, I wasn't claiming mason, just messing around", and we have an outted PR on D1 with a target on their back for what? Does Koba get eliminated anyway? Drawing a CC while still maintaining some doubt about whether Koba was
trying
to do so might well be the motivation for doing that, and you aren't helping.

If that's your only reason for reading Koba town, I would strongly suggest you reconsider.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 478, DkKoba wrote:weakly defending kenny with shallow reasoning and then shading me for a might be

team is kenny/mbot

i'll be taking the mvp award now ty
With this guess you will never get the mvp award as it is at least 50 % false. But it matches your overconfidence I have seen. Like in this post:
In post 529, DkKoba wrote:i just helped win a large game with 21 people by having the game winning townread on another player and helping flip 3 scum before that as well as having a 4th pinned down + having the correct read on every flipped townie.

I have confidence in my play for good reason - because I deliver results, even if it might not be early d1, it ends up happening by end of day 1 and you are trying to subtly shade me with these kinds of TMI riddled statements.

thanks for letting us know Val is town for sure because I was probably going to tinfoil them d2 after u flipped scum
Your reads might have been good in other games. But I guess there are also games in which your reads were totally off. I won't look through your history to find some of them, bevause I don't have the time for this. And this would be totally useless as well. Even if you had a 100 % read-rate (which with your read on me I know you don't) it wouldn't matter. It would only matter if we were sure you were town. Which we don't. And in my case I stringly doubt you are town.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 512, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: MBot
This standalone vote feels very wierd. No further insight whatsoever on why this vote was cast. It was the second vote on MBot at the time, so it wasn't even an opportunistic hop on a bandwagon.

What strikes me as even more strange is the fact, that, apart from looker, nobody seems to care.
In post 524, Looker wrote:
  • Re:Andresvmb
  • Lowest poster
  • Never voted
  • On 2 E-2 wagons
To add one thing to those statements: On 2 E-2-wagons as the second vote.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 525, DkKoba wrote:what is your read on mbot?
I think actually making the effort to at least try and come up with a readlist and get some discussion going in a game where I think it's fairly obvious scum would be content to let things proceed as they are reads townie. I was also struck by the fact that, in any other game, those reads would seem rather shallow; but I having challenged myself to do a better job, I find I simply can't, and they are getting town points from me for making the attempt.
In post 526, DkKoba wrote:i literally fucking explained my read on yeezys and its the most explained read in the whole game
You did?
In post 220, DkKoba wrote:yeezys is fucking blatant town lmfao

i dont think an explaination is needed
In post 276, DkKoba wrote:you are experienced enough - read the game and figure it out. their energy literally *oozes* town
In post 284, DkKoba wrote:like yeezys literally pulled up to this game and said "AYO FUCKERS IMMA SOLVE THIS SHIT WATCH THIS"

like thats what i feel when i read yeezys' posts and i would trust them with my life
It is a sad indictment of the state of this game if THAT is "the most explained read in the whole game", and it had to be teased out of you like blood from a stone.

I have some more to say, but I am afraid it will have to wait for a few hours.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:12 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 534, Val89 wrote:
In post 525, DkKoba wrote:what is your read on mbot?
I think actually making the effort to at least try and come up with a readlist and get some discussion going in a game where I think it's fairly obvious scum would be content to let things proceed as they are reads townie. I was also struck by the fact that, in any other game, those reads would seem rather shallow; but I having challenged myself to do a better job, I find I simply can't, and they are getting town points from me for making the attempt.
In post 526, DkKoba wrote:i literally fucking explained my read on yeezys and its the most explained read in the whole game
You did?
In post 220, DkKoba wrote:yeezys is fucking blatant town lmfao

i dont think an explaination is needed
In post 276, DkKoba wrote:you are experienced enough - read the game and figure it out. their energy literally *oozes* town
In post 284, DkKoba wrote:like yeezys literally pulled up to this game and said "AYO FUCKERS IMMA SOLVE THIS SHIT WATCH THIS"

like thats what i feel when i read yeezys' posts and i would trust them with my life
It is a sad indictment of the state of this game if THAT is "the most explained read in the whole game", and it had to be teased out of you like blood from a stone.

I have some more to say, but I am afraid it will have to wait for a few hours.
Those three quotes were a main part of my reasoning to believe that Koba was mason with yeezys, as without the mason-connection they didn't make much sense. A town-lean on yeezys could have been a totally justified read but this reads more like a conf-town read. And that is a read that was (and still is; sorry yeezys) by no means obvious.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

scum me would waffle on townreading yeezys lmao

thats literally my weakness as scum - is being scared to townread people - while as town i throw out several, in large games you can see it a lot more.

Why are they *only* a townlean for you?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

like holy fuck kenny is not genuine here bc like to say im scum and that im too confident on that read is to accuse me of tmi so kenny is making up conclusions and their thought process lacks consistency or depth that a townies does - because a townie would be like "oh i think koba scum bc they tmi their read on yeezys therefore yeezys is very much likely town". Scum path is to make the mistake and pillow read yeezys to try to reduce credibility there.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

Also as for val atp im willing to consolidate on them if it means not limming me because they have bad reads anyways and i could very well be just straight up letting scum who is shitpushing me get a free townread again.
retired
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-12

This directional road sign is still in use with some modern embellishment.

MBot
(3): DkKoba, Andresvmb, T3
DkKoba
(3): kennyk, yeezys, Val89
fixer
(1): MBot
Andresvmb
(1): Looker

Not Voting
(1): fixer

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: Nov. 17 Noon US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-17 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Fixer is v/la until evening of 11/16.
- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:11 am

Post by Val89 »

That VC doesn't look right. Looker replaced floatingmay, and they have voted elsewhere since.

I think Koba
should
be at E-1 here, but they ain't just yet.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:22 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 537, DkKoba wrote:like holy fuck kenny is not genuine here bc like to say im scum and that im too confident on that read is to accuse me of tmi so kenny is making up conclusions and their thought process lacks consistency or depth that a townies does - because a townie would be like "oh i think koba scum bc they tmi their read on yeezys therefore yeezys is very much likely town". Scum path is to make the mistake and pillow read yeezys to try to reduce credibility there.
And of course that is the only way a townie could conclude from reading you scum (that was ironic). As you said, pillow reading could be a scum mistake. But as you mentioned it you very well know it could be a mistake (it is a whole different story if it
is
a mistake). You being scum is not necessarily meaning yeezys is town.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:24 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 538, DkKoba wrote:Also as for val atp im willing to consolidate on them if it means not limming me because they have bad reads anyways and i could very well be just straight up letting scum who is shitpushing me get a free townread again.
Wow, you are willing to consolidate on Val if it means we are not limming you. How generous. I on E-1 would be willing to consolidate on everyone else but me, but hey, everyone plays different.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 540, Val89 wrote:That VC doesn't look right. Looker replaced floatingmay, and they have voted elsewhere since.

I think Koba
should
be at E-1 here, but they ain't just yet.
I needed to update the vote counter settings. It's fixed now, thanks!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

Alright since yeezys is gone im just gonna say it can the blatany mason pairing of val/yeezys stop tossing the game as masons bc its clear yall are mason buds and you're both playing the role wrong.

just gonna out yall cuz you 2 have a bad read on me thus shouldn't be trusted and i want scum to target you <3
retired
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by T3 »

do not vote koba please trust me
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 545, T3 wrote:
do not vote koba please trust me
good advice
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Val89 »

It would be helpful if you gave us some reason to trust you, T3. Throwing reads and votes around on nothing but "I'm right cos reasons" gives me nothing on which to evaluate your genuiness here. That goes doubly so when you are defending a slot doing THAT, right there ^.

Someone is looking to double down on that "too ballsy to be scum" read they picked up from MBot while simulatanously screwing town over in plain sight of everyone, and it's
painfully
obvious from posts like .
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

val have u considered asking me for any games where i demonstrate this is my reasonable town game like (((: im literally so far up my townrange rn i couldnt leave it if i had gps
retired
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by yeezys »

i'll respond 2 this later bcz i don't really have time right now!!! if you're scum, please vote youself, and if you're town, stop being antitown and screwing us over, please. your reasons for scumreading mbot are bullshitand claiming me and val are masons is ??????????????? sorry but what was the logic you used to get to that conclusion how would you scumlean your mason partner and why would you have them in your poe also tell t3 to stop shielding you and stop shielding him

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”