Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Val89 »

Mbot, I've come out to defend you against the charge that your reads are shallow, because I thought the slots making that argument were doing so from a scummy place, given they were largely responsible for the low-info state in which those reads were made, and the fact I thought making an attempt to do so anyway come off townie.

I do have to ask myself now, however, with 21 hours to go; what the hell are you doing voting
fixer
here?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 569, kennyk wrote:So let me get this straight Koba: You said your read on kyouko (now T3) is the most and best explained read in this whole game.
That's not quite right, kenny.
In post 526, DkKoba wrote:i literally fucking explained my read on yeezys and its the most explained read in the whole game
I do agree with the sentiment - the explaination of the read on yeezys was pretty underwhelming, but at Koba has been clear that their T3 read is based on the fact they have a good record reading the previous occupant of the slot via 'vibes', and are leaning on that despite the replacement. I also think that's not particulary satisifying either; it might do for Koba, but to expect the rest of us to take that at face value?

Let's not get the two mixed up, though, because they are two different issues.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

If it isnt clear atp im hardclaimed vt

I dont claim vt as scum if im run up on d1 so if you want to get a free town elim vote me atp but otherwise yep
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

val if you're actually reconsidering like it seems like youre doing then try voting with me (:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 574, MBot wrote:
In post 568, kennyk wrote:
In post 558, Looker wrote:
In post 533, kennyk wrote:
In post 524, Looker wrote:
  • Re:Andresvmb
  • Lowest poster
  • Never voted
  • On 2 E-2 wagons
To add one thing to those statements: On 2 E-2-wagons as the second vote.

Each time followed by ssbm_Kyouko (T3)
Too bad no one seems to care about this.

I checked the ISO on them multiple times and waited with bated breath for the post that they were going to make "later" but it never came. I figured they may be replaces soon so didn't want to waste energy there if they weren't going to be active. My thoughts are that lurking scum would at least post nonsense to stay in the game?
scum lurk out all the time. But for andres its NAI afaik bc it happens to him as town
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 578, DkKoba wrote:val if you're actually reconsidering like it seems like youre doing then try voting with me (:
I admit I might be second guessing myself here with that deadline looming, but given how scummy I've found your play so far, you are going to have to give me something to work with.

"yeah fuck it" just isn't going to cut it here, and you should know that.
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:20 am

Post by MBot »

I appreciate it Val! I dont actually need a white knight because, well, i haven't been scummy. I'm kool with pressure because thats how we engage and get better reads when we have absolutely nothing to go off of. I had my vote on Fixer and left it there until I could get better vibes than my gut feeling from . I've been back and forth with not wanting to vote Koba because I really can't decide if they're just a PIA or scummy. A lot of the pushing and responses have been anti town but not necessarily solid scum.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:38 am

Post by yeezys »

koba do you not know what "a life outside the internet" is ???
like sorry for not being able to get back to you but i think there's been a pattern of people talkign to me and me being unable to get back immediately, so don't start getting pissed when it doesnt take me three seconds to whip up a reply.
i'm real busy, and i can't juggle schoolwork, extracurriculars, and people on the internet as well i could in the past few months
@ffery, can i do the v/la thing for 11/16 - 11/19?
ill be active afterwards.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 582, yeezys wrote:koba do you not know what "a life outside the internet" is ???
like sorry for not being able to get back to you but i think there's been a pattern of people talkign to me and me being unable to get back immediately, so don't start getting pissed when it doesnt take me three seconds to whip up a reply.
i'm real busy, and i can't juggle schoolwork, extracurriculars, and people on the internet as well i could in the past few months
deadline is literally in 24 hours so excuse me?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 581, MBot wrote:I appreciate it Val! I dont actually need a white knight because, well, i haven't been scummy. I'm kool with pressure because thats how we engage and get better reads when we have absolutely nothing to go off of. I had my vote on Fixer and left it there until I could get better vibes than my gut feeling from . I've been back and forth with not wanting to vote Koba because I really can't decide if they're just a PIA or scummy. A lot of the pushing and responses have been anti town but not necessarily solid scum.
entitled mason syndrome
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Val89 »

Have your thoughts on the kenny wagon changed any since , MBot?

I didn't realise how close we find ourselves to deadline yet again until the last vote count, and your vote stood out on it, given that fixer is on V/LA and has been for the last couple of days.

It looks to me like the deadline will expire before the prod-timer does if Andres doesn't respond, so I have to direct the same question to Looker, too. Those votes aren't doing anything right now, and I don't want to sleepwalk into a nolim through apathy. I can't guarentee I will be around much after this evening, and if we are going to look elsewhere, then we are going to need to see something convincing to justify doing so, and soon.

I for one aren't comfortable limming Andres on the basis of what has been presented so far without them having had a chance to respond. It sucks they have absented themselves at such a moment, but that's where I am.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 583, DkKoba wrote:
In post 582, yeezys wrote:koba do you not know what "a life outside the internet" is ???
deadline is literally in 24 hours so excuse me?
koba i literally have a life outside the internet and internet people,
please.
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by MBot »

Another thing Koba is wrong about. I'm not a mason. Trying to out masons is complete BS as town and you've tried it a number of times with different people. Why would you be pushing to throw town in front of a bus? I know better than to engage. I really do. But I can't wrap my head around the BS plays. I would actually be ok with voting them at this point even if they flip town.

Val, I'm not feeling the Kenny wagon. I agreed with many of their posts. I may be wrong but their scum hunting has a genuine feel to it. I'd be more willing to put a vote on T3 or Looker ( based on the floating may vibes) than Kenny.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Looker »

Spoiler: @kennyk
In post 30, kennyk wrote:Hello to all and let's have some fun here.

And a special hello to ssbm_Kyouko. Happy scumday!

And to get things started I

VOTE: floatingmay

With a name like that you don't need roads. So you clearly must be scum. :mrgreen:
In post 396, kennyk wrote:And while I wrote this whole thing I did make up my mind and want to go a step further.

VOTE: DkKoba

As the day is slowly ending we need to get rid of someone. I still believe floatingmay could be scum. But as no one else seems to be willing to follow my argumentation, let's get to a more promissing but also shady target.

I don't think you found scum within your first post of the game. I think it was more of a convenient park.
  • DkKoba
  • kennyk:
    Spoiler: DkKoba fakeclaimed mason
    In post 396, kennyk wrote:
    In post 350, DkKoba wrote:i nearly always fakeclaim mason as a joke it isn't AI and i can link several games where i do so

any PR worth their salt would ignore it and if Val is a PR then :lol:
    This gets you down on my readlist to at least null (if not worse).

After reading the folling post, I did exactly as you suggest; I ignored the mason claim.
    In post 6, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: Kyouko

voting my (future) mason partner ;)
    Especially in the context of post 8 it was nothing more than a joke to me. But later on your behaviour made me rethink this evaluation as it was, at least in my mind, only possible if you actually were a mason. All the secretiveness about knowing certain things about certain another player just lead in this direction.

Obviously fakeclaiming in post 1 is very fine with me but continuing to behave like the PR and when prompted to it denying it alltogether is a whole different story.

And while I wrote this whole thing I did make up my mind and want to go a step further.

As the day is slowly ending we need to get rid of someone. I still believe floatingmay could be scum. But as no one else seems to be willing to follow my argumentation, let's get to a more promissing but also shady target.

• yeezys:
    Spoiler: ???
    In post 504, yeezys wrote:
    In post 502, DkKoba wrote:So yes an explaination is very much wanted here becsuse you're definitely using other faulty logic if its outside that
    i'm writing it koba so stop shielding t3
    In post 507, yeezys wrote:was gonna make a nice, long post explainign my scumreads but in the end the only way i can justify voting noah is "vibes" and also "fuck you"
    In post 514, yeezys wrote:VOTE: DkKoba
    it appears that i have a higher chance of getting at least one scum member voted out today if i vote koba
    sorry, koba
    but then again? no i'm not sorry
    In post 549, yeezys wrote:i'll respond 2 this later bcz i don't really have time right now!!! if you're scum, please vote youself, and if you're town, stop being antitown and screwing us over, please. your reasons for scumreading mbot are bullshitand claiming me and val are masons is ??????????????? sorry but what was the logic you used to get to that conclusion how would you scumlean your mason partner and why would you have them in your poe also tell t3 to stop shielding you and stop shielding him

• Val89:
    Spoiler: T3 doesn't have enough votes
    In post 523, Val89 wrote:I'm still not sure which of the two between T3 and Koba I think are more likely to flip scum, if it's not both.

I read "I can refute that as NAI at best" (whatever that is, I take it to mean the anti-town playstyle) as a dog whistle for 'I play like a troll in all my games, so it's easy to get away with as scum', which I feel also kinda describes T3 too, to some degree - except I've seen him promise not to play in such a manner recently, and I've no handle on Koba in that vein. That's the only real tie break I have given they appear to be tying their fates together hard and I'm not convinced a scumteam would do so so publicly and so early - it's more likely I feel there is one scum in the pair.

That said, it looks like I have a better chance of actually forcing Koba to give us something with which we can actually try and sort them if I switch back there. My vanity vote on T3 doesn't appear to be achieving much with not a whole lot of time left.

• kennyk
  • T3:
    Spoiler: MBot is town
    In post 552, MBot wrote:I'm the one who said Koba is too ballsy to be scum and I'm now stuck second guessing myself from the recent WTF posts. Anyone who pressures Koba of tries to redirect towards better options for D1 than what they say must be scum though? Ain't nobody got time to read past games. Or maybe some do but I care about getting a town win. You should too. No one other than possible masons have a confirmed town read at this point.
    In post 553, T3 wrote:^townpost
    VOTE: kenny

• DkKoba:
    In post 564, DkKoba wrote:and if you're masons with mbot then fucking lol just fucking claim it because you might as well have broadcasted it to the whole world based on how you're playing

i dont care that im outting you because your play is bad here and it doesnt catch scum.
    In post 565, DkKoba wrote:yeah fuck it VOTE: kenny

you can continue to have ur pet push just remember who carried u this game

It's pretty difficult to see who's voting who for what reasons.

@yeezys - Why are you voting DkKoba?
@DkKoba - Why are you voting kennyk?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Looker »

Spoiler: @kennyk
In post 30, kennyk wrote:Hello to all and let's have some fun here.

And a special hello to ssbm_Kyouko. Happy scumday!

And to get things started I

VOTE: floatingmay

With a name like that you don't need roads. So you clearly must be scum. :mrgreen:
In post 396, kennyk wrote:And while I wrote this whole thing I did make up my mind and want to go a step further.

I don't think you found scum within your first post of the game. I think it was more of a convenient park.
  • DkKoba
  • kennyk:
    Spoiler: DkKoba fakeclaimed mason
    In post 396, kennyk wrote:
    In post 350, DkKoba wrote:i nearly always fakeclaim mason as a joke it isn't AI and i can link several games where i do so

any PR worth their salt would ignore it and if Val is a PR then :lol:
    This gets you down on my readlist to at least null (if not worse).

After reading the folling post, I did exactly as you suggest; I ignored the mason claim.
    In post 6, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: Kyouko

voting my (future) mason partner ;)
    Especially in the context of post 8 it was nothing more than a joke to me. But later on your behaviour made me rethink this evaluation as it was, at least in my mind, only possible if you actually were a mason. All the secretiveness about knowing certain things about certain another player just lead in this direction.

Obviously fakeclaiming in post 1 is very fine with me but continuing to behave like the PR and when prompted to it denying it alltogether is a whole different story.

And while I wrote this whole thing I did make up my mind and want to go a step further.

• yeezys:
    In post 504, yeezys wrote:
    In post 502, DkKoba wrote:So yes an explaination is very much wanted here becsuse you're definitely using other faulty logic if its outside that
    i'm writing it koba so stop shielding t3
    In post 507, yeezys wrote:was gonna make a nice, long post explainign my scumreads but in the end the only way i can justify voting noah is "vibes" and also "fuck you"
    In post 514, yeezys wrote:VOTE: DkKoba
    it appears that i have a higher chance of getting at least one scum member voted out today if i vote koba
    sorry, koba
    but then again? no i'm not sorry
    In post 549, yeezys wrote:i'll respond 2 this later bcz i don't really have time right now!!! if you're scum, please vote youself, and if you're town, stop being antitown and screwing us over, please. your reasons for scumreading mbot are bullshitand claiming me and val are masons is ??????????????? sorry but what was the logic you used to get to that conclusion how would you scumlean your mason partner and why would you have them in your poe also tell t3 to stop shielding you and stop shielding him

• Val89:
    Spoiler: T3 doesn't have enough votes
    In post 523, Val89 wrote:I'm still not sure which of the two between T3 and Koba I think are more likely to flip scum, if it's not both.

I read "I can refute that as NAI at best" (whatever that is, I take it to mean the anti-town playstyle) as a dog whistle for 'I play like a troll in all my games, so it's easy to get away with as scum', which I feel also kinda describes T3 too, to some degree - except I've seen him promise not to play in such a manner recently, and I've no handle on Koba in that vein. That's the only real tie break I have given they appear to be tying their fates together hard and I'm not convinced a scumteam would do so so publicly and so early - it's more likely I feel there is one scum in the pair.

That said, it looks like I have a better chance of actually forcing Koba to give us something with which we can actually try and sort them if I switch back there. My vanity vote on T3 doesn't appear to be achieving much with not a whole lot of time left.

• kennyk
  • T3:
    Spoiler: MBot is town
    In post 552, MBot wrote:I'm the one who said Koba is too ballsy to be scum and I'm now stuck second guessing myself from the recent WTF posts. Anyone who pressures Koba of tries to redirect towards better options for D1 than what they say must be scum though? Ain't nobody got time to read past games. Or maybe some do but I care about getting a town win. You should too. No one other than possible masons have a confirmed town read at this point.
    In post 553, T3 wrote:^townpost
    VOTE: kenny

• DkKoba:
    In post 564, DkKoba wrote:and if you're masons with mbot then fucking lol just fucking claim it because you might as well have broadcasted it to the whole world based on how you're playing

i dont care that im outting you because your play is bad here and it doesnt catch scum.
    In post 565, DkKoba wrote:yeah fuck it VOTE: kenny

you can continue to have ur pet push just remember who carried u this game

It's pretty difficult to see who's voting who for what reasons.

@yeezys - Why are you voting DkKoba?
@DkKoba - Why are you voting kennyk?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Looker »

O, there's two. Interesting.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-13

As well constructed as Roman roads were, sometimes the signs outlast the roads.

DkKoba
(3): kennyk, yeezys, Val89
kennyk
(2): T3, DkKoba
fixer
(1): MBot
MBot
(1): Andresvmb
Andresvmb
(1): Looker

Not Voting
(1): fixer

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: Nov. 17 Noon US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-17 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

yeezys is v/la

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I was completely sheeping Koba with my vote btw. Now I actually have some time I’ll catch up really quick.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 576, Val89 wrote:
In post 569, kennyk wrote:So let me get this straight Koba: You said your read on kyouko (now T3) is the most and best explained read in this whole game.
That's not quite right, kenny.
In post 526, DkKoba wrote:i literally fucking explained my read on yeezys and its the most explained read in the whole game
I do agree with the sentiment - the explaination of the read on yeezys was pretty underwhelming, but at Koba has been clear that their T3 read is based on the fact they have a good record reading the previous occupant of the slot via 'vibes', and are leaning on that despite the replacement. I also think that's not particulary satisifying either; it might do for Koba, but to expect the rest of us to take that at face value?

Let's not get the two mixed up, though, because they are two different issues.
You are absolutely right. I somehow mixed up the "most explained read" in my head. I really thought I remembered it being on the T3 slot. I take that part of my post back. Bit the rest stands as is.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 579, DkKoba wrote:
Spoiler: I don't want to get this to long
In post 574, MBot wrote:
In post 568, kennyk wrote:
In post 558, Looker wrote:
In post 533, kennyk wrote:
In post 524, Looker wrote:
  • Re:Andresvmb
  • Lowest poster
  • Never voted
  • On 2 E-2 wagons
To add one thing to those statements: On 2 E-2-wagons as the second vote.

Each time followed by ssbm_Kyouko (T3)
Too bad no one seems to care about this.

I checked the ISO on them multiple times and waited with bated breath for the post that they were going to make "later" but it never came. I figured they may be replaces soon so didn't want to waste energy there if they weren't going to be active. My thoughts are that lurking scum would at least post nonsense to stay in the game?
scum lurk out all the time. But for andres its NAI afaik bc it happens to him as town[/quote]
I agree that not posting is the reason for my suspicion. It is the vote that came out of nowhere with no explanation.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by kennyk »

Not yet married but already the stress about not responding properly beginns :mrgreen:
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:04 am

Post by Looker »

In post 592, Andresvmb wrote:I was completely sheeping Koba with my vote btw. Now I actually have some time I’ll catch up really quick.
We still have four hours to hold him accountable for empty promises
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:05 am

Post by Looker »

And Fixer's V/LA is over, right?
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:26 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 597, Looker wrote:And Fixer's V/LA is over, right?
If I may quote the last but one votecount: Fixer is v/la until evening of 11/16. So this is a yes to your question.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:28 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 596, Looker wrote:
In post 592, Andresvmb wrote:I was completely sheeping Koba with my vote btw. Now I actually have some time I’ll catch up really quick.
We still have four hours to hold him accountable for empty promises
I guess we would be lucky if we manage to elim anyone today. And I don't think we'll get that many people to switch over to Andres. But we should at least try to focus them on D2 if nothing of a higher priority happens N1.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”