Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Pairing status 1:

Color Red has offered to Circle Shape
Color Yellow has offered to Arrow Shape
Color Purple has offered to Star Shape

Pairings: None

UnPaired: Color Red, Color Orange, Color Yellow, Color Green, Color Blue, Color Purple, Arrow Shape, Circle Shape, Diamond Shape, Heart Shape, Pentagon Shape, Star Shape, Triangle Shape

Day One Phase One ends in (expired on 2021-11-25 16:57:53)
Last edited by penguin_alien on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

Red is still the scummiest. I might be wrong on purple. What do people make of Star wanting to be left out?
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 124, Arrow Shape wrote:
In post 116, Color Blue wrote:I feel somewhat lost

I will try again tomorrow.
What's there to feel lost about?

I don't understand how people are where they are
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

i dont think purity of pairings is even essential given the lack of loverization and may just lead to obvtown pairs getting offed

i may be happiest pairing with a null read who i can try to sort in private

thats my last thought for the night
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

Okay. I poked at Green for starting the game trying to discuss mechanics.
They responded decently but not enough for me to feel much.

Circle's back and forth with me, makes me feel like we're relatively on the same page.
Though, I guess his ability to interpret me might in fact be TMI. But I haven't really seen it utilized this way before.

Purple's take on Star is dislodged, but there's a natural feeling when you get a certain level of experience that we have to counteract our own biases about a player's weirdness, so I can see how circle reached the conclusion that they might be too weird to be scum.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 127, Color Blue wrote:
In post 124, Arrow Shape wrote:
In post 116, Color Blue wrote:I feel somewhat lost

I will try again tomorrow.
What's there to feel lost about?

I don't understand how people are where they are
what do you mean?
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 128, Circle Shape wrote:i dont think purity of pairings is even essential given the lack of loverization and may just lead to obvtown pairs getting offed

i may be happiest pairing with a null read who i can try to sort in private

thats my last thought for the night
This is a bad idea.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 92, Color Purple wrote:
In post 11, Color Green wrote:
In post 7, Color Purple wrote: And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
What do posting patterns have to do with alignment? Especially in an anonymous game, with anonymous time zones?
In post 15, Color Blue wrote:I have townpings from Circle and mild scumvibes off Purple's entrance.

I am looking for a partner with a great taste in music and also hopefully very active.

Must like long walks and have a great sense of humor.

Also preferably of town alignment because I don't need to be pocketed in a PT that would not be fun.
In post 21, Color Yellow wrote:
In post 7, Color Purple wrote:And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
Picking out midnight posting is very strange to me; we don't know anyone's schedules or timezones, so how would we even judge something like that? Why would it matter even if we could?
In post 23, Color Orange wrote:
In post 7, Color Purple wrote:And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
This feels a bit fishy.
OK. I apologise for my terrible entrance.
PAIR: Star
because he is my top town read. Also, I agree with everything that he has said so far. Who could possibly do a better job?
Uh...no thanks. I town lean you but I'm standing by the plan for now.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 42, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 34, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 8, Color Purple wrote:Let's get pairing! I will start.
PAIR: Circle Shape
, one of my favourite shapes.
How can you pair before anyone else has even posted?
I have small pings from this post. It's a very... meh question.
In post 37, Star Shape wrote:It's weird playing a game with no RVS...

Since being unpaired doesn't mean automatic death in this game, I can volunteer to be the lone shape. In this scenario, I'll just keep the Delay holstered so it won't be an issue going forward. I'd prefer to be paired of course, but I think this is the easiest way to deal with this situation and make it a non-issue.
And this one as well, perhaps a bit more. Star, why make this sort of post to volunteer if you're going to undercut it immediately with a preference? It comes across a bit LAMIST-y to me.
In post 39, Color Red wrote:
In post 25, Diamond Shape wrote:I like the ability to strip mafia of a power; it's annoying to give them a roleblocker but at least we know what it is, where it might go, and if it's given to town we can leash it hopefully.
This reads as TMI. How do you know scum has a Roleblocker?
...whatever Power is left out receives a delayed roleblocker in lieu of their actual power. Thus, we know what power one person has.
In post 43, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 1, penguin_alien wrote:Game-specific rules and information:
* One Power will be left unpaired at the beginning of Phase Two. This player's Power will be converted into a limited one-time use of a Delayer Implementation. They will choose a Pair before the end of Phase Two whose Power implementation will be Delayed upon submission by one Night for the rest of the game (actions submitted on Night X will resolve on Night X+1 but will still be potentially impacted only by actions made by others on Night X). This will be done via private communication with the mod. If they are eliminated Day One or choose not to use their Power, no Pair will be Delayed.
Roleblocker isn't quite what the role is, but it's delaying someone temporarily from using role.
These seem like town posts.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 128, Circle Shape wrote:i dont think purity of pairings is even essential given the lack of loverization and may just lead to obvtown pairs getting offed

mmm

i think this is a good point

I guess I will take someone who wants to post a lot ! ! !

I just want to have some fun
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 66, Color Green wrote:
In post 58, Arrow Shape wrote:I did say I was probably a vig right?
If arrow = vig then green could = loyal. Which would be an awful pairing.
I'm sure that's how the roles were rolled.

Arrow Shape wrote:
In post 62, Color Green wrote: If you must tunnel town read me, could you please do it in a corner.
I wish I could say it's as strong as a tunnel town read. But I'm ok with looking at other slots for now.
I'm not into speculating the existing powers right now.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

Yellow is my favorite color out of the available colors and to be even more honest, I like 113 enough to take a jump and see where I land.

Pair Yellow
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 132, Star Shape wrote:
In post 92, Color Purple wrote:
In post 11, Color Green wrote:
In post 7, Color Purple wrote: And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
What do posting patterns have to do with alignment? Especially in an anonymous game, with anonymous time zones?
In post 15, Color Blue wrote:I have townpings from Circle and mild scumvibes off Purple's entrance.

I am looking for a partner with a great taste in music and also hopefully very active.

Must like long walks and have a great sense of humor.

Also preferably of town alignment because I don't need to be pocketed in a PT that would not be fun.
In post 21, Color Yellow wrote:
Picking out midnight posting is very strange to me; we don't know anyone's schedules or timezones, so how would we even judge something like that? Why would it matter even if we could?
In post 23, Color Orange wrote:
This feels a bit fishy.
OK. I apologise for my terrible entrance.
PAIR: Star
because he is my top town read. Also, I agree with everything that he has said so far. Who could possibly do a better job?
Uh...no thanks. I town lean you but I'm standing by the plan for now.
:( Don't worry. If you want, I can
unpair
. But if you change your mind, I'll be waiting.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 121, Circle Shape wrote:actually my new hypothesis is that purple would have discussed strategy with his teammates in the pt pregame

his cluelessness is likely town

i like this read
In post 122, Arrow Shape wrote:Sure.

Purple, Circle, Arrow. -> All town. Did anyone sneak in.
Thanks.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 22, Color Orange wrote:I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
I like this thinking but the obvious problem is how do we know? Perhaps scum will try to look townie to be left unpaired to get delayer?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 27, Color Blue wrote:
In post 22, Color Orange wrote:I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
I don't think that's how a delayer works.

I also think it'd be more informative & exciting for us to eliminate the unpaired player.

I do like the way you think about this and think it's more likely to come from town.
If pairs aren’t loverized I think that’s only a good idea if the unpaired slot is the scummiest. If not, that could be suboptimal.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 139, Pentagon Shape wrote:
I like this thinking but the obvious problem is how do we know? Perhaps scum will try to look townie to be left unpaired to get delayer?
The solution here is to either treat a Delay as a scum claim from the Delayer, or just vote out the Delayer. That's why I volunteered, because if I ultimately end up getting scum read then you can just vote me out, and if I'm town read but a Delay happens then you would know I'm scum.

Best case scenario however is that today we find at least one scum that is a Shape, make them go solo, and then vote them out to get rid of scum and the Delayer at the same time.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 141, Star Shape wrote:
In post 139, Pentagon Shape wrote:
The solution here is to either treat a Delay as a scum claim from the Delayer, or just vote out the Delayer. That's why I volunteered, because if I ultimately end up getting scum read then you can just vote me out, and if I'm town read but a Delay happens then you would know I'm scum.

Best case scenario however is that today we find at least one scum that is a Shape, make them go solo, and then vote them out to get rid of scum and the Delayer at the same time.
I’m onboard with that, unfortunately the slot I currently feel the worst about is a color. I should probably review diamond or heart again.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

So I know it isn’t me and unless I’m wrongly reading circle and arrow and it isn’t star, then it would have to be between heart and diamond, assuming only one scum in shapes?

But with one extra power, it would seem likely at least one.

I really don’t have a read on either but based soloey by PoE, scum is probably likely in at least one. Red looks the worst from the colors with my liking yellow, orange, blue and maybe purple?

Have no idea on green yet but slots that haven’t impressed me yet are: red, heart, green, diamond.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Post by Color Purple »

I'll put a table of observations so you can get into my perspective.
Observations
PlayerObservation
Color RedIs a nullread to me. feels like genuine concern. I
Color OrangeIs a townread for me. Reaction in feels genuine and Town. feels like Town.
Color YellowIs highest townread for me. Entrance in feels reasonable. Reaction in feels genuine and Town. feels like Town and almost reminiscient of somebody who I admire.
Color GreenIs a townread for me. Entrance in feels like Town trying to start a conversation. Reaction in to me feels like Town.
Color BlueIs a townread for me. Reaction in of my entrance feels Town to me.
Arrow ShapeIs a townread for me. Arrow's questioning of me in feels like Town trying to solve the game.
Circle ShapeIs a townread for me. See . Reaction to my entrance feels natural. feels like Town who is trying to solve the game.
Diamond ShapeIs currently a null read for me. Is doing things which could come frpm Town but I'm finding it hard to read them. See to get what I mean.
Heart ShapeIs a null read for me. Isn't doing anything Alignment Indicative.
Pentagon Shape and seem like a Town reaction towards my entrance. I find something Town could be concerned about.
Star ShapeIs a townread for me. See , and for my reasoning behind townreading him. See as aditional reasoning for why Star is Town to me.
Triangle ShapePosted nothing so far. I'll keep them as a null read until they start posting.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 144, Color Purple wrote:I'll put a table of observations so you can get into my perspective.
Observations
PlayerObservation
Color RedIs a nullread to me. feels like genuine concern. I am unsure if this is coming from Town or if it is coming from Mafia though.
Color OrangeIs a townread for me. Reaction in feels genuine and Town. feels like Town.
Color YellowIs highest townread for me. Entrance in feels reasonable. Reaction in feels genuine and Town. feels like Town and almost reminiscient of somebody who I admire.
Color GreenIs a townread for me. Entrance in feels like Town trying to start a conversation. Reaction in to me feels like Town.
Arrow ShapeIs a townread for me. Arrow's questioning of me in feels like Town trying to solve the game.
Circle ShapeIs a townread for me. See . Reaction to my entrance feels natural. feels like Town who is trying to solve the game.
Diamond ShapeIs currently a null read for me. Is doing things which could come frpm Town but I'm finding it hard to read them. See to get what I mean.
Pentagon Shape and seem like a Town reaction towards my entrance. I find something Town could be concerned about.
Star ShapeIs a townread for me. See , and for my reasoning behind townreading him. See as aditional reasoning for why Star is Town to me.
Triangle ShapePosted nothing so far. I'll keep them as a null read until they start posting.
EBWOP
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:28 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 144, Color Purple wrote:I'll put a table of observations so you can get into my perspective.
Observations
PlayerObservation
Color RedIs a nullread to me. feels like genuine concern. I
Oh so maybe it’s triangle if they’re avoiding the game?
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 130, Circle Shape wrote:what do you mean?

I tried to read before bed and it was confusing because I was tired and I'll probably have a better grip today.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:16 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

Purple just became my #1 townread.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Color Blue »

Spoiler: Catchup to Pg 4
light townping on for Heart

don't like Pentagon's entry

Nullish on Star Entry. Might be scummy but I've seen town do this too.

Like Orange

@Red what did you like about Pentagon when you made ?

Like Diamond

Arrow/Green back and forth is funnies

I like both of them actually !

I liked Circle

Don't like Star

I like from Arrow

I like from Yellow

I'm worried I might be confbiasing on Purple but I didn't like

Don't like from Red -> find it weird he didn't address all the criticism thrown his way is ??

find this weird don't think star is very townie

Currently around:

Dislikes?: Red Purple

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”