Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 102, Prism wrote:
In post 99, StrangeMatter wrote:I’m not sure what you exactly mean by this last sentence.
Sorry, I typed that part when it was almost my turn for something so it wasn't very polished.

I'd characterize her entrance as being "on a mission", with the quick reads, forcing herself to justify them indepth, and the determination to use them to drive content from other users. I was asking what you thought about this approach.
In post 103, Prism wrote:
In post 98, Meuh wrote:Not too sure, haven't played a game with mafia!Marci (or with Marci at all) since last April, I could reread that game to try to see how she plays at scum? But then I'd also need to read a towngame of hers to actually see what she does out of the norm as scum. I've proven on multiple occasions that having played with Marci before doesn't actually end up with me making better reads on her sadly :( not sure if should try meta reading her because honestly I've always been further off doing it than without
my statement was more based on general patterns I notice than anything specific to Marci
My point was mostly that I specifically don't think so based off of the games I've spectated, but there are limits to how much I want to shove this read of mine down the throat of others, and players that grow quickly tend to render such meta obsolete.
These posts further explain my marcistar read, specifically that I think she would struggle to make this interest as scum and that it would have to come from very specific player feedback.

The SE behavior is very NAI. A common side effect is getting townread, but it's just the reason I play these games.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Here's something completely random but I noticed but, Prism you really haven't made any attempt to respond to anything I've said, just every single time you've said something to me it's a question with I feel like very little follow-up or discussion. I know I haven't done that but still.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 196, Meuh wrote:
In post 192, marcistar wrote:
In post 190, Meuh wrote:Not sure why that posted twice? Site bug I suppose, didn't do it intentionally
its cuz ur readslist is so fire people need to see it twice ofc :roll:
i like ur reads, i think ur town, i might be wrong but that looks like too much effort
I mean idk if effort is really AI for me, during my one scum game I posted like 53 times in the ~60 hours I was alive, including a readslist (although a much less extensive one)
The general environment of the game was pretty fast during that timeframe tbf, but my point still stands
oh.. it felt like a lil much tho
In post 201, Greeting wrote:I've found
marcistar
quite scummy from the very beginning. I disliked almost all of their posts. This is meta, but surprisingly it hasn't failed me yet. Players with a certain posting style from all my previous games (the ones which I can talk about are N2078 and N2081) all turned out to be scum. All three of them. The ones which I can talk about are GrandpaMo in N2078 and Not_Mafia in N2081. They all have the same way in which they formulate thoughts - in a liberal way, without using capital letters etc. You know what I mean. I interpret this as a loose approach to the game, signifying distancing and a relaxed attitude. All that is there for a reason - and the reason is that they want to avoid being seen as stressed, because being scum and having to lie all the time is quite stressful. Check it out yourself and compare.
i think this is quite a weird thing to be reading people based off of. reminds me of when i used to get scumread for my emoji usage :P
In post 201, Greeting wrote:So basically
marcistar
plants the seed and then avoids responsibility for it.
this is true.
In post 201, Greeting wrote:Now, I think this could have influenced
marcistar
's play who understood that
MegAzumarill
's wagon (at least I can speak for myself - not
Cape90
nor anyone else who's on that wagon) is not about
MegAzumarill
at all, but about her. Also, in the meantime the game took off, drifted away, leaving my original idea redundant and irrelevant. Plus, the things that happened in-between altered my perception of other players, including
MegAzumarill
i see the line of thinking here.
i already knew you didn't townread me for awhile tho :lol:
i also stayed off for a reason.
In post 201, Greeting wrote:There are also other things that are a scumread for
marcistar
. For instance, there are a lot of questions asked with no follow-up whatsoever. Posts , (question to me) or come to mind. Sure, they've asked people to expand on some issues but they did nothing with the responses. It's a way of getting towncred - seeming like they're trying to get reads, while in fact doing it just for the show.
I typically ask alot of questions :P
the not following it up tho, i can see that yeah.
i just drop stuff if they make sense as a reasonable enough explanation to me > or if they haven't responded: i can't guarantee they've seen it, they could've been skimming, and I can't force them to respond so i wait a bit. but i could see how its scummy.
In post 220, Prism wrote:I don't believe it and it's a matter of votes and whether the other players have questions and agree/disagree.
i think its prob just a notes thread maybe, tho im not sure exactly this argument is a bit confusing :P
In post 224, Greeting wrote:
Meuh

I feel like she's trying to be cute with posts like , , , which is well... cute, but also a bit scummy. Making oneself look cute and vulnerable is a scum strategy I'd personally support and approve if I were scum.
i would say this is kinda not indicative of anything for meuh, she just acts cute sometimes :cool:

- :good: -

asustuckey
what do you think about meuh () and greetings () reads..?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 226, StrangeMatter wrote:Here's something completely random but I noticed but, Prism you really haven't made any attempt to respond to anything I've said, just every single time you've said something to me it's a question with I feel like very little follow-up or discussion. I know I haven't done that but still.
I forgot to add to this but, why is that?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 226, StrangeMatter wrote:Here's something completely random but I noticed but, Prism you really haven't made any attempt to respond to anything I've said, just every single time you've said something to me it's a question with I feel like very little follow-up or discussion. I know I haven't done that but still.
I'm currently distracted elsewhere but I assume this is referring first to my question about the previous scumgame and second my question about what you thought of my placements of players.

I think I've been very clear and thorough in my responses to your direct questions so I assume you are asking about the lack of followup on my own. The first question about what you learned from the scumgame was to see how you think about the game, and about the idea of scum nervousness, for future reference. The second about the readslist was to get you to think about the players, your questions with my placements, and hopefully get you to discover your own reads in response. I found the response very dry and essentially calling ProHawk null for the engagement stuff. I could itigate this but chose not to.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Prism »

The phrasing on the second question was very specific, and I took time to craft it, because it was meant to be open-ended and provide more of a foundation for you to build something off of and hopefully read you in turn. I didn't feel I got that, and blame it more on my inability to spur it rather than on you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Prism »

By "specific" I mean in my own word choice, not the question itself.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Prism why the change of read on Greeting?
And I know I am one of your scumreads so I'm wondering if you think I'm bussing, me/Greeting are s/t or something else
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Meuh »

Meuh

I'm always suspicious of joke play which is exhibited in posts like ,
But posts like scream genuine newbie on the other hand.
Posts and about me are justified and are a townread in my mind. It's actually the only player who said something somewhat reasonable about me possibly being scum before my accidental PT reveal.
I feel like she's trying to be cute with posts like , , , which is well... cute, but also a bit scummy. Making oneself look cute and vulnerable is a scum strategy I'd personally support and approve if I were scum.
I started seriously questioning her motives in and . In retrospect, it seems to me like she was trying to put pressure on me, but I don't see the result exhibited. It's also inconsistent with her later reads ().
The reads post was good. I think it's a job well done and this landed her a soft townlean for now. ()
I genuinely just did a full 180 degrees on you after the ISO, the inconsistency between and the rest of my content is because my mind just changed. After my initial suspicions of you, I hadn't actually reevaluated the posts I didn't like with the justification you dropped.
The colours in and are cute ig which is something I was looking for because I like having my posts be aesthetically pleasing, but it's also that I wanted to make it clear what parts of people's posts I was responding to. Other posts have been hard to follow to me like Cape's , and I wanted to avoid that. I can provide examples of me making my posts cute in past games if you want to :lol:

Not sure how to feel about the whole Greeting private thread thing. It's definitely something, I'd feel like shit for voting him over it though :cry:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 232, MegAzumarill wrote:Prism why the change of read on Greeting?
And I know I am one of your scumreads so I'm wondering if you think I'm bussing, me/Greeting are s/t or something else
...Did you read the post where I voted Greeting?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Prism »

I also don't do preflips.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 235, Prism wrote:I also don't do preflips.
What's a preflip?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Prism »

"Preflips" is short for "Preflip assocations"

An example would be that if I scumread one person, I could extend that belief to thinking another person is more likely scum because of an interaction, as opposed to viewing them independently.

So as an example: I think A is scum. That post from A to B is weird, so I think B is probably scum too!

It's possible if you're ambitious, but I'd rather just go one at a time and analyze the interactions when I actually have a flip in hand.

I previously exploited bad preflip speculation in a game with MegAzumarill and gave a lot of feedback to players on why they need to be careful with it.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 233, Meuh wrote:
Meuh

I'm always suspicious of joke play which is exhibited in posts like ,
But posts like scream genuine newbie on the other hand.
Posts and about me are justified and are a townread in my mind. It's actually the only player who said something somewhat reasonable about me possibly being scum before my accidental PT reveal.
I started seriously questioning her motives in and . In retrospect, it seems to me like she was trying to put pressure on me, but I don't see the result exhibited. It's also inconsistent with her later reads ().
The reads post was good. I think it's a job well done and this landed her a soft townlean for now. ()
I genuinely just did a full 180 degrees on you after the ISO, the inconsistency between and the rest of my content is because my mind just changed. After my initial suspicions of you, I hadn't actually reevaluated the posts I didn't like with the justification you dropped.
The colours in and are cute ig which is something I was looking for because I like having my posts be aesthetically pleasing, but it's also that I wanted to make it clear what parts of people's posts I was responding to. Other posts have been hard to follow to me like Cape's , and I wanted to avoid that. I can provide examples of me making my posts cute in past games if you want to :lol:

Not sure how to feel about the whole Greeting private thread thing. It's definitely something, I'd feel like shit for voting him over it though :cry:
Apologies for 37, I wrote it on phone which is why it's a bit condeluded to follow along with with.

UNVOTE: MegAzumarill

Should have done this a while ago, will explain more later, but they have been trending up for me kind of recently.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 210, Prism wrote:That links to a hidden topic. It is properly formatted for a copy paste (the post number is doubled in the link) and unlikely to be a simple typo.

VOTE: Greeting

I don't see another avenue forward here. Sorry.
This is unclear if the reasons why you are voting here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Prism »

The implication is that it is most likely a scum PT. They provided the explanation that it is a notes PT. I find the scum PT more likely.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 240, Prism wrote:The implication is that it is most likely a scum PT. They provided the explanation that it is a notes PT. I find the scum PT more likely.
Are you proposing an elimination over this? I don't see how that accusation can be addressed, and appears to be meaningful enough of you to 180 the slot.

Personally I can give some benefit of the doubt in the situation although I find Greeting scummy on their own.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Prism »

Yes. I have discussed this already with Greeting and acknowledged it is an irreconcilable difference.

I do not understand how this is even a question for someone who is supposedly reading my posts.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 220, Prism wrote:Thanks for answer. Unfortunately I think we've reached the end of the road on discussing this one.

I don't believe it and it's a matter of votes and whether the other players have questions and agree/disagree.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 242, Prism wrote:Yes. I have discussed this already with Greeting and acknowledged it is an irreconcilable difference.

I do not understand how this is even a question for someone who is supposedly reading my posts.
I mean I got that impression but just wanted to make sure. It was really drastic and mostly laid out in subtext.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I am okay with a greeting lim but there's no reason to cut the day short.

I still want some content from ProHawk, we can't read that slot if they don't post anything
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 220, Prism wrote:Thanks for answer. Unfortunately I think we've reached the end of the road on discussing this one.

I don't believe it and it's a matter of votes and whether the other players have questions and agree/disagree.
In post 223, Prism wrote:Whether it's a scum PT or a notes PT, it happens, it's okay and don't beat yourself up over it too much.

It is a mistake to link to either but any hypothetical wrong conclusions drawn from it are the fault of the voting player, which would be me.
In post 240, Prism wrote:The implication is that it is most likely a scum PT. They provided the explanation that it is a notes PT. I find the scum PT more likely.
It feels like you handled Greeting with kids gloves then double downed on your take about the scum PT later on. Your treatment of Greeting is kinda giving me a bad feeling... If it wasn't for your subsequent vote on MegAzumarill, now I'm not sure what to think.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Cape90 »

To add to my point, I don't think 240 was your original take either as you didn't seem aware of the optional PT for note taking.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Prism »

My vote was direct and immediate. The questioning was in the hopes of catching him in an outright lie and making my life easier in pushing it. I think the explanation is implausible but not technically impossible.

They are uncommon, but not super rare, and the usage depends on the person. I personally use them exclusively to commentate scumgames for postgame reference and study, but this is not the norm.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”