Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 670, Color Orange wrote:I thought pairing had to be color first but reading the rules again I must have been misled. And I am rather concerned with what I am seeing has developed since I last posted. Not really a fan of either Green or Star currently.
Shame.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 604, Color Red wrote:Blue and circle have been townie in recent posting

I like a green/diamond pair.

Still not a big fan of either
Why aren’t you a fan of Diamond? Green I guess I understand at least with current events.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 409, Color Blue wrote:This is the kind of silly thing I do on Saturday nights when I'm bored.

My thoughts on my potential partners:

Spoiler: Circle
Reminds me of:

The Moon, The Sun, and the passage of Time.

Pros

Very active, will likely be lots of fun to chat with.

Charismatic, attractive, kind of dreamy.

If scum I think I'd be pocketed very comfortably.

Strong thread presence, very much feels like a leader type.

Cons

Will probably get nightkilled very early - leaves me sad and alone.

Orange might hate me for stealing her man.

Spoiler: Triangle
Reminds me of:

A slide, childhood, and nightmares about trigonometry tests.

Pros

He's funny and reckless and feels kind of dangerous.

Promises he will be different man in private. (but unlikely to change)

Entertaining, I think he'd make me laugh, a lot.

Probably elimbait - isn't likely to get nightkilled so we'll have lots of time together.

Cons

Didn't show up for an entire day, lots of inactivity.

Might not always answer texts.

Not sure he's ever going to take this game seriously or grow up.

Not someone you'd bring home to meet the parents.

Spoiler: Diamond
Reminds me of:

Baseball games, the smell of popcorn, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Pros

Dark and moody, kind of a doomed vibe to his posting.

Feel like I could maybe make a difference for him and get him to be happier.

had a funny tinder intro.

Maybe he'll make funny pictures for me.

Cons

Probably won't be able to pull him out of his funk.

Not sure if he'll find the time to talk to me as he's not as active.

He says he doesn't want to pair with me.

Spoiler: Star
Reminds me of:

Hollywood, The Night Sky, My awful artwork in Kindergarten.

Pros

Mechanically pretty good.

Approaches the game from a different angle.

Probably scum but if he's town it would be the ultimate come back story if we learned to trust each other.

Cons

He sounds kind of mean.

He really doesn't like me.

It's not likely he will get me to trust him.
I am genuinely sad I cannot pair with you.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 611, Color Green wrote:I explicitly chose not to replace into the red slot as I felt the posts that caused it to be replaced were extremely scum indicative, even in a vacuum of a general unnamed player.
Can you explain why you think this?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 631, Star Shape wrote:
In post 218, Color Orange wrote:Also unless Triangle promises to speak coherently in the PT, I will not be pairing with that one. I want to be able to actually discuss in a PT without having to decipher garbled text.
Being completely transparent, I disagree with the philosophy of the last star. I don't want to put trust in someone else. I'd like to lim whoever is taken out. I'm reading as much as I can before I do more stuff irl, but if you're willing to solve with me, I'd love to have you as my partner :)

pair: orange
I think old Star advocated for that to some degree as well but maybe I’m off base.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 634, Star Shape wrote:Shhh don't spoil it. I didn't get to that part yet
Well your little philosophy might soon be put to the test, as I am more inclined to pair with Triangle unless their re-entry makes me uncomfortable with that option. So if that happens, you’re the one that’ll end up without a partner.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Star Shape »

Define "that"
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 680, Color Orange wrote:
In post 634, Star Shape wrote:Shhh don't spoil it. I didn't get to that part yet
Well your little philosophy might soon be put to the test, as I am more inclined to pair with Triangle unless their re-entry makes me uncomfortable with that option. So if that happens, you’re the one that’ll end up without a partner.
Then I am genuinely sorry for you but consent is two yesses <3
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 652, Color Green wrote:
In post 650, Color Blue wrote:It's certainly very bold!
Probably because there's a gap the size of the marinas trench between red and everyone above them!

The sooner we pair up the sooner I can murder heart and then red!
Why on earth would Heart be first, if you proclaim such a gap to exist in your reads?
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 517, Color Orange wrote:
In post 270, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 220, Triangle Shape wrote:Pntagn alws bad hre.
trd usng me as ezkill.

we cnt vrify ne modQs clm. Ony clmd modQ aftr cll out.

ezpz.

"prgssn" mns i hv 2 stp txtspk... duck.
When you speak English and actually stop misrepping my posts, let me know.
I do not like this. I'm already slightly favoring triangle's position in the clash between you two specifically (I do not place much weight in the rest of the solve), and you telling them to talk normal this way feels like a shady discredit of their position. Someone also recently mentioned people complaining about the gimmick might be scum and this feels like it might be that.
I know I'm trying to partner with you and all but I don't like this post, lol.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 540, Color Orange wrote:
In post 538, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 522, Color Orange wrote:I think Pentagon is suspicious though. Depending on whether my feelings there get more definitive, I would perhaps suggest to eliminate Pentagon today, but that would also depend on if the person left out feels like they might be scum.
Okay, just lost my tr on you. First you say you don’t want Triangle to delay me/red, then you want to elim me. How does that make any sense? This progression is seriously whack.

Triangle’s read on me has at least been consistent albeit wrong but you object to Triangle delaying me to wanting me dead?

Is this making sense to anyone because it’s certainly not to me.
It was Purple who didn't want you delayed. I merely asked if that was necessarily a bad thing given I only town read half of your pair currently.
If we're being technical (and I am a technical bitch), you said:
In post 512, Color Orange wrote:
In post 257, Color Purple wrote:To be fair, Triangle remaining unpaired does mean that Pentagon or Star will get delayed based on . Diamond is my opinion, the only null read who I'm uncertain about. Red, being a colour, will have to get paired, eventually.
This gets me thinking. Triangle getting left out, at this point, nearly guarantees Red+Pentagon get delayed. Is that something we would ever want?
The use of the word ever implies that you didn't want it to be delayed. You're playing unnecessarily coy and you know it.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 684, Star Shape wrote:I know I'm trying to partner with you and all but I don't like this post, lol.
What’s wrong with it?
I’m going to be frank, you seem to lack social grace. I think you should have gotten to the point I expressed interest in pairing with someone I can actually work well with. Your current actions and behaviors do not give me that feeling about you.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Color Orange »

VOTE: Pair: Triangle
Yeah, I have no interest in pairing with Star if he’s going to be a pedant to me. A PT with that sort of person sounds miserable.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 686, Color Orange wrote:
In post 684, Star Shape wrote:I know I'm trying to partner with you and all but I don't like this post, lol.
What’s wrong with it?
I’m going to be frank, you seem to lack social grace. I think you should have gotten to the point I expressed interest in pairing with someone I can actually work well with. Your current actions and behaviors do not give me that feeling about you.
If you're Frank I want to be Marie :P

Though, if you cannot take criticism, I suppose it wasn't meant to be. I wish you all the best, hon
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Star Shape »

I'm still a girl of my word. I'll embody the wishes of my predecessor and use my slot as a beacon of democracy
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I can absolutely take criticism when it’s delivered respectfully. That’s not what you’re doing.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 665, Pentagon Shape wrote:It is interesting to have Triangle that high on one’s list yet not want to pair with them.
but then again

have you met Triangle?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 689, Star Shape wrote:I'm still a girl of my word. I'll embody the wishes of my predecessor and use my slot as a beacon of democracy
First, you may wish to correct the pronoun on your account as I called you “he” earlier based on that. Second, I would not be wholly opposed to granting your wish of eliminating the unpaired player. That seems like a comment you made on general principle without realizing it endangered yourself, and then had to hastily backtrack once you found out how much of a pickle you were in.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 690, Color Orange wrote:I can absolutely take criticism when it’s delivered respectfully. That’s not what you’re doing.
I dont think it's fair to judge me without tone. It can often get lost in text translation.

Especially coming from a slot that's to-the-point I'm surprised you can't see a like-minded poster
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Star Shape »

That being said, I do think I would rather work by myself, considering the options. I look forward to working with you outside of PT :)
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 692, Color Orange wrote:
In post 689, Star Shape wrote:I'm still a girl of my word. I'll embody the wishes of my predecessor and use my slot as a beacon of democracy
First, you may wish to correct the pronoun on your account as I called you “he” earlier based on that. Second, I would not be wholly opposed to granting your wish of eliminating the unpaired player. That seems like a comment you made on general principle without realizing it endangered yourself, and then had to hastily backtrack once you found out how much of a pickle you were in.
Gender is fake. Call me what you want (as long is it's not late for dinner).

Second, if that's what the town decides, I still don't see how that's in opposition to what I've said. I will say again: those were two separate thoughts
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 568, Color Orange wrote:
In post 348, Color Purple wrote:
In post 340, Arrow Shape wrote:I have paranoia on blue. Particularly I can't tell if their spoiler post is them method acting or providing vulnerability. I can't tell if being fanciful is a part of their process or if it's artificial and calculated.
I can't tell either about that post. It could be an attempt at trying to get scum to refocus their attention on her and distract them from focusing on how others view them. If this is artificial, she did do a great job, to be honest.
I don't think a wise scum would fall for such bait, at best one might subtly angle towards pairing with Blue. That also presumes two things about who the scum are: that scum are not all paired, and that at least one unpaired scum is in the shapes. So honestly, I do not get what Blue is really trying to accomplish with such an act when there's an element of luck to whether any scum would even be able to respond in the way Blue hopes they might.

Also, I would like to re-affirm my town read on Arrow based on posts from this page.
In post 586, Arrow Shape wrote:Orange gets more town points.
Pentagon goes down some.
Is Arrow pocketing Orange here? Or is this the other way around?
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by Star Shape »

In post 607, Color Green wrote:I have good news, and I have bad news, folks.
I like you
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Star Shape »

Thank you all for coming to my interactive ted talk

I don't want to make reads just yet, but I'll sit on my thoughts for the next day phase
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I’ll be open to your input going forward. I just think sharing a PT would not be fun for me.

I’ll post up some quickly hashed out reads and then sign off for the night.

Colors:

Orange (obviously.)
Purple (actively solving, pretty simple.)
Red (thoughts in certain places feel genuine.)
Green (thought process of the current occupant feels erratic which is bothersome but not actually scummy after thinking about it. Not really a strong impression there otherwise.)
Yellow (seems a bit suspicious solely for pairing and then not bothering to provide any content for the rest of the pairing phase.)
Blue (I don’t recall exactly what I do not like here but I definitely feel like I had tangible enough suspicion here to rank Blue lower than everyone else among the colors.)

Shapes:

Arrow/Circle (both pretty much have the same general profile of having hood solving mindsets and town-looking reactions to certain things.)
Diamond (I feel like the outburst earlier is a towny exhibition of emotion. It did not seem like there was manipulation involved.)
Triangle (seems invested to some degree at least. Want to see more, for sure.)
Heart (I recall being pinged by something I saw from Heart so he ranks lower than Triangle which is essentially my null point. But I cannot recall what it was without looking back so it’s clearly not strong enough to rank any lower.)
Pentagon (I don’t feel as bad about Pentagon as I did back during the think of our interaction but she still bothers me somewhat.)
Star (the play of the new occupant of this slot feels all over the place, in a way that I feel less charitable towards than what new Green has been doing. But there’s room for that to change and I also should probably factor in the first occupant as well before sending this.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”