PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

"tells me to fuck off so he can make up some bullshit narrative about me being scum"

"claims i'm being rude"

ok buddy. I'll let you get 24 hours without me in thread to do your thing since apparently you can't even interact while making shit up
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Milobird »

In post 676, Milobird wrote:What makes you think Wisdom is a scumread of mine?

Wheme is based off his (lack of) engagement with the game- all he’s successfully done is Shit posted despite there being plenty to dig into. I’m unimpressed by mastinas readslist, but this could change with more from her.

Now that I’ve acknowledged it’s not wisdom- who do you think my third is?

Ninja-
Aye matey, ye should know how slippery I be. It be from covering meself in moss off the starboard bow.
In post 686, Gypyx wrote:
In post 680, May and Brendan wrote:
VC1.02
With 21 alive, it takes 11 to eliminate someone

Firebringer (1):
Ralts
Save The Dragons (5):
Thestatusquo, Sharing the Brain Cell, Woolax, chowchow, SleepyKrew
Milobird (3):
Kitty Trauma Team, imaginality, Save The Dragons
Sharing the Brain Cell (6):
SirCakez, Firebringer, Whemestar, Wisdom, Gypyx, Truth innuendos Lies
Alexandrite (1):
Gypyx
Truth Innuendos Lies (2):
SleepyKrew, Dwlee99

Not Voting:
T3, Alexandrite, The Goat, mastina

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-10-13 21:30:00)

Mod Notes: The Goat has yet to confirm
Please feel free to ask for further clarification regarding your role if you're confused.
Sample rolecard added to OP
Not counting
while i'm certainely glad to have doublevoter status, i think i'm fine with my vote on Alexandrite being removed
In post 696, Firebringer wrote:
In post 690, Milobird wrote:Yeah if we could not publicly decoder ring crumbs that would be great?
ive never understood this because scum are going to do it. also i kind of think its a joke because is "wood" really a crumb....knowing mastina it probably is but w/e
In post 698, T3 wrote:
In post 364, Gypyx wrote:
In post 363, Alexandrite wrote:what does this mean
honetly it doesn't mean anything
This open admission also probably comes from town.
In post 702, T3 wrote:
In post 373, Gypyx wrote:
In post 366, Truth Innuendos Lies wrote:
In post 359, Gypyx wrote:thinking about it, mastina, maybe you should put a reduction to the number of peeps who should visit you? Like, restrict it to half the PL or something, cuz i doubt we'd gain much worth from 4-5 of our powerful PRs taking a shot on you on the long term

also VOTE: alexandrite less talk more scrap
But how would that be determined? It’s not like we’re doing a mass claim on D1.

~Innuendos
just have mastina make an arbitrary way to separate things, if she's town we're good if she's scum we can prob read into the list she gives

statistically it would be hard for a random list to not contain any good PR
I've never played with town Gypyx but this doesn't particularly feel like scum gypyx.
In post 704, Thestatusquo wrote:Not to be mean but basically my experience in games I've played with/observed of town mastina I'll just take her town Poe and eliminate all of them and win the game.
In post 711, Firebringer wrote:Lets put these pokemon into boxes for storage:
pokemon im carrying around: (i cant trust these people to be town and wont wipe in nuzlocke)
TheStatusQuo, T3, Save The Dragons

Pokemon in Box 1 (the backups. People im feeling okay about or don't want to worry about)
Whemestar, Wisdom, Milobird, mastina

Pokemon in Box 2 (the third string. People who i know exist but are like just there)
dwlee99, imaginality, alexandrite, Ralts, Gypx, Woolax, Cakez

Pokemon in Box 3 (never picked. People i want to grill or trade to another trainer)
The Goat, SleepyKrew, Sharing the Brain Cell, Kitty Trauma Team, Truth Innuendo Lies, ChowChow
In post 723, Firebringer wrote:
In post 722, Truth Innuendos Lies wrote:
In post 720, Firebringer wrote:i feel like theres always at least one scum who speculates on game mechanics instead of actually interacting with the game. TIL could be that scum
Your read on me apparently hasn’t improved since Doubles.

~I
Good thing a bad read has never stopped me from continuing to play. I would have stopped playing long ago
In post 725, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Sharing the brain cell

STD and milo I both think are town
In post 748, Milobird wrote:MALA COME BACK I WAS PLAYING LEAGUE

also your vote is bad pls fix and vote wheme
You guys have no idea how much Notty was fixating on the fact Mala wasn't interacting with him. >.> He just town binned them in the end though before they cleared themselves and made it mute. >.>
In post 749, Milobird wrote:Yeah, after Iso'ing Gyphx, I pretty much agree that Gyphx is obvscum this game.

Why isn't he dead yet?

-Bell
-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Milobird »

In post 6225, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:"tells me to fuck off so he can make up some bullshit narrative about me being scum"

"claims i'm being rude"

ok buddy. I'll let you get 24 hours without me in thread to do your thing since apparently you can't even interact while making shit up
I've been interacting with you all day, while making shit up. But it's distracting and you keep trying to define me and I have a low self-esteem so I can't really just brush off characterizations like a good adult can.

:igmeou:

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Milobird »

It's not like I can't point out the flaws in every argument you make. We've both played mafia a lot and are excellent at arguing.
Hah, okay, neither of us are actually good at arguing, but you know what I mean.
We're at home arguing with people and arguing about stuff that's barely coherent.

Like for example, you keep asking me why I'm trying to do a song and dance. But you've never considered if you're town that it's just me trying to solve, that there are a million other approaches I could be doing that would be less time intensive and less soul sucking because you know I hate being scum, so why would I want to subject myself to more of it here. Because you have a case on mastina town, somewhere. This is a point against you. There are a lot of points against you.
You're frictionless except for the player you want to kill,
while we're the opposite of that and it should be a pretty clear sign which of us is scum tbh. You're just trying to win I can respect that.
But I'd like to just check my corners and think about it and then make a nice little narrative and bow as to who's scum and why and who is town and why.
I enjoy doing that.
I don't enjoy doing that as scum. >.> Literally everyone including you knows this.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Milobird »

Here, let me interrupt the counter argument,

Pooky: Belligerent statement full of faux outrage, and what are you even talking about, you're barely being coherent. Insert sound bite about being scum, this is pathetic Bell.

Blahblahblah.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Milobird »

I won't lie, half the time I'm just so dumbfounded by what you're saying that I don't even know where to start correcting you, but I think rather than you just having sudden comprehension issues, you're just probably scum.

But I wanna go back and do it the way I like solving. I mean there's a reason I'm a waffler and it's not because I'm confident in myself. It takes a lot for me to be comfortable in my own reads. I never really feel like I'm trying to understand until elo actually just because there's so much data and the choices are so narrow that it feels like I can finally have a chance to comprehend it.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Milobird »

Anyway, thanks for the 24 hours Pooky.
I'm going to go do back to solving now.

But I actually need more than 24 hours.
There's a lot. But feel free to come back at that point.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Milobird »

In post 750, Alexandrite wrote:VOTE: gypyx
he pinged me early so I'm very down for this wagon

-Gamma
In post 751, mastina wrote:
In post 359, Gypyx wrote:thinking about it, mastina, maybe you should put a reduction to the number of peeps who should visit you? Like, restrict it to half the PL or something, cuz i doubt we'd gain much worth from 4-5 of our powerful PRs taking a shot on you on the long term
I mean the problem with that is, the only way we'd have to know who should be the PR targeting me is if we had a D1 massclaim--with that obviously being something we shouldn't do, that means we have no way of coordinating it. We don't know who the best person to target me would be. And we have no way of limiting the number of players targeting me, either.

So my solution was just to leave it to the PRs in question, that if they think their role is strong especially with a second person getting a 1x copy of it, to have them target me.
In post 752, mastina wrote:
In post 394, Gypyx wrote:has Mastina changed her habit of never fake-claiming though?
Nope!
In post 391, Thestatusquo wrote:Didn't mastina do like exactly this in ydrssal and get mod killed
I've made my stance on that modkill being bullshit quite clear.
In post 375, Thestatusquo wrote:Anyone posting in the thread without explicitly discussing me and std is scum claiming
Actually I'd say it's closer to the opposite.

I am aware that both you and STD are experienced enough scum players to make a SvS or SvT fight look TvT, HOWEVER:
I think you are town by your posting;
I think STD is town by his posting;
I think the fight between you and STD looks town on both ends;
I think the people who have said the fight is TvT directly are, overall, a group
more
likely to contain scum rather than less.
In post 753, Ralts wrote:
In post 752, mastina wrote:I am aware that both you and STD are experienced enough scum players to make a SvS or SvT fight look TvT, HOWEVER:
I think the people who have said the fight is TvT directly are, overall, a group more likely to contain scum rather than less.
That conclusion seems backwards given the sentences before this.

Did anyone in this group catch your eye?
In post 755, mastina wrote:
In post 432, Milobird wrote:I don’t like her readslist.
I admit I'm not happy about the amount of nulls and I'm not happy how weak my townreads are.

However, I am actually
quite
confident in my scumreads.
In post 357, mastina wrote:imaginality
T3
SirCakez
I talked about imaginality already, but my thoughts on T3 were immediately that this looked like T3's scum meta rather than his town meta. I'm not positive, obviously, so I'm less sure of T3 being scum than I was, but I'm still leaning scum meta more than town meta.

As for SirCakez?

I wasn't joking when I said that I legitimately, genuinely, think that SirCakez is just scum this game. I think this is SirCakez's scum meta as literally every post of his is screaming "this is SirCakez as scum". But beyond the generic things, I can actually point you to something more specific that I found highly damning:
In post 356, SirCakez wrote:
In post 339, mastina wrote:
In post 7, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: wisdom
let's murder him before he gets back from V/LA
VOTE: SirCakez
Even though I'm not scumreading this opening (not townreading it either but not scumreading it, is null), SirCakez draws scum in 100% of his games it seems so we may as well save him the misery of another scumgame and vote him out. :P
fuck this is like Peta and I's dynamic
If SirCakez were town, the response from my post saying "he's always scum so we may as well vote him out" I would expect to be: " :lol: ", or maybe " :giggle: ".
Though not as town as he could do it as scum as well, it could even have ben "lol".

It's something that, if SirCakez were town, I'd expect him to take in good humor, laugh along, and find amusing.

But this response was basically dead serious, and the dead serious treatment of the "SirCakez is always scum", rather than treating it in good humor, is what makes me think that SirCakez is scum here.

So my vote there is dead serious.
In post 758, mastina wrote:
In post 583, T3 wrote:
In post 315, mastina wrote:Yo, will be back here to read and give reads later but for now just wanted to claim this;
I am a 1x reflexive role-copier
; I will get a one-shot copy of the first power to target me. So,
if you think your power is pretty damn strong especially if a second player can use it, you should target me N1
hmmmmmm
This seems like a good time to mention I'm back to thinking T3's scum by meta.

Milobird
Save the Dragons
Firebringer
Thestatusquo
Wisdom

Truth Innuendos Lies
Sharing the Brain Cell

WhemeStar
Kitty Trauma Team
Dwlee99
Ralts

Alexandrite
The Goat
Gypyx
chowchow
Woolax
SleepyKrew

imaginality

T3
SirCakez
In post 759, Ralts wrote:
In post 757, T3 wrote:
In post 390, Firebringer wrote:
In post 315, mastina wrote:Yo, will be back here to read and give reads later but for now just wanted to claim this;
I am a 1x reflexive role-copier
; I will get a one-shot copy of the first power to target me. So,
if you think your power is pretty damn strong especially if a second player can use it, you should target me N1
Reflexively don't believe this either. Or extremely misleading.

W/e
mastina doesn't fakeclaim
Like ever?

I thought her claim could've been a PGO ploy given how she doesn't seem willing to narrow down the list of people who should target her, even though her role presumably can only copy one other role.

but if this is actually true, mastina should be out of the d1 lim pool.
In post 760, Woolax wrote:never ever

- Wooper
In post 768, mastina wrote:
In post 696, Firebringer wrote:is "wood" really a crumb....knowing mastina it probably is but w/e
Wood
n't you like to know.

:P
In post 700, Firebringer wrote:I think T3 is town now.
I don't. T3's posts just are lacking something to them. The content within is fine, it's just that the content is just...lacking something that T3 has as town.
In post 771, Ralts wrote:
In post 596, Truth Innuendos Lies wrote:
In post 591, Wisdom wrote:Nancy how do you feel about me
What if i told you std is town
UNVOTE:

I tr you.

~I
Can you go into your thought process here? You thought STD was scummy and a couple of your townreads were also voting there. Why is Wisdom's post enough to override that?
In post 774, mastina wrote:
In post 753, Ralts wrote:
In post 752, mastina wrote:I am aware that both you and STD are experienced enough scum players to make a SvS or SvT fight look TvT, HOWEVER:
I think the people who have said the fight is TvT directly are, overall, a group more likely to contain scum rather than less.
That conclusion seems backwards given the sentences before this.
Did anyone in this group catch your eye?
It's not backwards, because in a TvT fight the scum are more likely going to say "this fight is TvT" and do nothing about it--I realize I didn't work to defuse it, and I realize there could be and will be town who similarly didn't work to defuse it, but I still think that there would be scum who just called it TvT and did nothing about it.

I'd need to go back to that section of the game to check for the names more likely to be scum calling it TvT tho.
This whole thing is interesting.

Once again, could probably figure out whether this is scum talking to scum or not if I were better. It's sort of just Mastina's lecture mode. Which is usually her default interaction style. I've never really gone indepth with how she talks to her scum partners in game.

Ralts comes in and points out that Mastina might be contradicting herself, but she predictably bowls right over this.
There's something a little funny about her using the adverbs, legitimately and genuinely to describe her suspicions of Sircakez here. I'm not sure they would place so much emphasis on this if they were actually scum. It's kind of on the nose.
She points to one thing that she found "highly damning" which I'm not sure she'd ever post as scum either. It's also a little bit sooner than is typical for scum mastina to start biting down on someone. But scheduling maybe.

Woolax just kind of pops in at the periphery to make a side comment. I guess they either don't know how to engage or just wanna make a snide post. I mean snide in a nice way. Er, if there is such a thing. It's mildly humorous.

Aside: I have no idea how to tell the difference between a TVT, TVS, SVS fight. Mostly I just interfere if it's partiuclarly toxic and I feel safe doing so and the timing is okay. Sometimes I just can't be assed, other times I feel like I've been invited or at least feel safe judging an interaction and can make a pot saying that the interaction isn't helpful without worrying about it.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Milobird »

Note to self:

Page 31. Might want to look back at it later.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Milobird »

Ralts is sort of inconsistency hunting.
mmm

-Bell
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 6166, SirCakez wrote:nice yeah there's no fucking way it's mastina here
In before instead of killing the literal conftown in you, the scum kill me because I'd be impossible to vote out and they're scared of me choosing them over the town.

:P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #6236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 6170, SirCakez wrote:what parts do you want? it's decently long I can't do the whole thing
Well per us listening to Titus's request, we have literally the entirety of the day phase--if we're not eliminating anyone, we're going to literally run the clock out to the last second, giving us basically a two-week D9.

You have the time to do the whole thing. It's not a top priority; it's not something you need to put the time/effort into right now.

But I DO want the whole thing paraphrased to give me a better idea of the context behind Pooky this game. Ideally with a (very loose) timeline attached so that I can reference it to the game events.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #6237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 6191, Milobird wrote:Those 2 scums being in the dead center of Mastina's reads though. :giggle:
I mean, that was explicitly the null zone--I had no scum north of null! I just had a LOT of nulls at that point in time because I was ~struggling~.
In post 6191, Milobird wrote:given they haven't had much luck with their scum approach maybe they chose a more traditional scum reads list.
Oi!

My approach as scum, I'll have you know, is
very
effective!
It does precisely what I design it to do.
1: It hides who my scumbuddies are when I flip scum.
2: It makes town players look like my scumbuddies when I flip scum.
3: It makes reading my iso a waste of time, because I don't spew scumbuddies as scum or town as town, and usually, this is mutual with the people who pushed/defended me not being spewed as town/scum from their positions on me.
4: It makes me look town enough that I am usually not the first elimination in the game, making me
just
town enough to not be seen as the best D1 elimination.

I achieve all four of these in basically every scumgame that I play!

Now, granted!

You are correct about one thing: I have
shit
luck as scum.
If my entire scumteam save me botches their fakeclaims, it aint gonna go well for me down the line because step four keeps me alive only temporarily. (The average modern-scumastina death time is D3.)
If I deliberately sacc myself on D1 because my scumbuddy was the counterwagon to me and I'm a goon compared to my scumbuddy being a PR, and then after I die to saccing myself said scumbuddy is eliminated anyway (and not because of failing steps 1-3, because the players eliminating said scumbuddy ignored interactions altogether and just voted the player who looked most scum by play, interactions be damned), then it aint gonna go well for my team down the line because my death was in vain.

But like.

Those aren't things that I, personally, can control. I can't do anything about it. I can't influence factors like that.

So like.
I keep doing it anyway because why wouldn't I? It does precisely what it is designed to do, and does it
damn
well.

scumastina might be night to my day, but in spite of how painfully obvscum I am as scum, I
still
use the same strategies time and time and time and time again as scum...because they still
work
at doing
exactly
what they are designed to do.
What they are designed to do is also fairly effective at helping my team, too!
But, well, it DOES run afoul of, as you said it: bad luck. The strategy is fairly effective but it's not foolproof so with bad luck, it's still loss after loss after loss. (Granted. It isn't all luck, obviously. I'm shit at scum now compared to peak scumastina. My strategy keeps me from being complete deadweight but I am NOT good at scum right now. Being unable to endgame means that my scumteam fundamentally needs to plan for my inevitable pre-endgame death which is a disadvantage. I manage to work with said handicap quite well, but like...is a stopgap measure obv.)

Lacking bad luck tho, you'd be surprised how often it still works. The four goals I want to achieve in my scumgame can and
have
gotten me scum wins, even after I entered my scum funk! (Animals UPick is probably the most prominent example, or at least the example that most immediately comes to my mind. I wasn't the D1 elimination, and after I did die, I didn't spew my scumbuddies as scum and didn't spew town as town and my scumbuddy did win the game in the end. This, in spite of the fact that I put in absolutely zero effort to disguise it being my scumgame. Like, I was, to use the term, openwolfing; I was blatantly scum with zero attempts made to appear as anything but. Still worked tho because my scum strategy, while not as good as peak scumastina, works well enough.)

It's not every game but it's not like scumastina has a 0% winrate these days. It's probably like 33-40% if I had to guess. (I dunno, would have to look at all post-funk scumgames and do the W/L ratio there, which is :effort: best spent elsewhere.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #6238 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 6219, Milobird wrote:ya'll have read death curse.
Why do people think I've read Death Curse?

I am
familiar
with the game, obviously, due to the Scummie nominations from it, and the parts relevant to the Scummie nomination, I
skimmed

But I only
read
games I either played or reviewed. (And even the latter, I tend to skim.)
In post 6205, Milobird wrote:
In post 6204, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:every flipped replacement in this game is town so your statistics are garbage
This isn't how statistics work.
-Bell
Bell is correct here btw.

Statistically speaking, over, what, like...10,000 games? (This is topic 87,795 but the majority of topics aren't gonna be mafia games; every PT, every private forum/backstage topic, every GD/Speakeasy/GTKAS topic, every Mish-Mash topic, is one of those other 87,794 so like...dunno how many mafia games we actually have)

Scum do replace out more than town.

By a small, but noticeable, statistically-significant, margin. (Something like 55% I think?)

If 55/100 replacements are from scum, that still means 45/100 are not.

And if there's 6 town replacements in a game, having 6 replacements in the game be town doesn't mean the 55/100 replacements being scum is debunk. It just means those 6 are among the other 45/100. The tell still applies. (No tell which is actually a tell is going to be 100/100, most actual tells are legit in that 55-60% range, which means that 40-45% of the time, the tell is a miss due to it being the 40-45% that was town.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #6239 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by mastina »

(also forgot to say this at the beginning but while I am
here
, I am not able to do the long posts I was planning on. I'm drained, exhausted, and frankly: I just don't want to be playing mafia right now, I want to do something else in my incredibly limited amount of free time. But, catching up, staying on top, and reacting to the new stuff that doesn't require walls, is doable for me, so I am doing it. I WILL get to the walls I want to make tho sooner or later.)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 am

Post by Titus »

I'm so detached and the "no u" posts aren't helping. I'll hopefully get in and decide who I think should die.

I still strongly favor a no elimination.

The dead chat is probably chiding me for missing the obvious.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:30 am

Post by SirCakez »

If Mastina is scum here this is an all time great performance from her
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Milobird »

Hm, I guess we’ll never know which player that’s alive has the widest scumrange
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Milobird »

In post 775, Milobird wrote:
In post 730, Wisdom wrote:fb Nancy is town

Put her in the first boxes with me
How is Gyphx not dead yet, iso him.
Seriously.

-Bell
In post 777, Sharing the Brain Cell wrote:
In post 775, Milobird wrote:
In post 730, Wisdom wrote:fb Nancy is town

Put her in the first boxes with me
How is Gyphx not dead yet, iso him.
Seriously.

-Bell
Can you elaborate on this? I'll concede my read on Gypyx is mostly a gut feeling, so it would be great to know if you've got anything more concrete.

Unless it's meta. I'm not jumping down rabbit holes trying to meta a fuckton of people I don't know.

- B.
In post 778, Ralts wrote:
In post 769, Sharing the Brain Cell wrote:PEDIT: T3 is a leanscum too but I think my confidence goes STD >> Whemestar >>>>> Gypyx >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T3.
Not really sold on StD, but aside from that, I vibe with these reads.
In post 779, Milobird wrote:Er, it's day 1. All you have is gut.

And my gut tells me that I will never ever let Gyphx live this game. Do it now because I won't ever shut up about this until he flips red or flips green and I accuse the moderator of lying.

-Bell
In post 780, Milobird wrote:VOTE: Gyphx
In post 788, Ralts wrote:
In post 774, mastina wrote:It's not backwards, because in a TvT fight the scum are more likely going to say "this fight is TvT" and do nothing about it--I realize I didn't work to defuse it, and I realize there could be and will be town who similarly didn't work to defuse it, but I still think that there would be scum who just called it TvT and did nothing about it.

I'd need to go back to that section of the game to check for the names more likely to be scum calling it TvT tho.
I think ignoring it and doing something else is another way of defusing, but I don't think it's necessary to harp on this point. I'm more interested in seeing what names you come up with!
In post 783, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 754, Ralts wrote:Also I too got TvT vibes from TSQ and STD's posting
Wait but didn't you vote std?
Nope

pedit: I'll vote when I'm all caught up. I'm in the early 20s
In post 791, Thestatusquo wrote:
Yo bell come talk to me. Can I please get some words so i can maybe at least take a look at your meta read on my own?
In post 792, Firebringer wrote:is the goat an alt of someone
In post 795, Milobird wrote:
In post 791, Thestatusquo wrote:
Yo bell come talk to me. Can I please get some words so i can maybe at least take a look at your meta read on my own?
Gyphx auto pilots as scum and needs an entire team of committed mafia players to keep him afloat.
Prolly not happening here.

Ergo he's scum because his tone is lifeless, his posts stringy and full of phlegm. Gyphx town is focused after the jokes.
He's meandering here and letting the world pass him by.

-Bell
I do not like that Ralts ignores the Gyphx conversation here.
This is a point against them. Everyone else pays attention. Ralts pretends it doesn't exist.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Milobird »

No, putting them in a line with 4 other reads does not count as acknowledging the conversation.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Milobird »

In post 801, Milobird wrote:Whelp. I said my piece.
It's up to you if you wanna vote him or not.

*shrug*

-Bell
In post 802, Thestatusquo wrote:Ok but did you think that interaction felt that way?
In post 804, Ralts wrote:VOTE: Gyphx

I feel like I usually have stronger reads by now :? but this is fine.
In post 806, Milobird wrote:
In post 802, Thestatusquo wrote:Ok but did you think that interaction felt that way?
Your discussion with them isn't deep enough for me to hesitate.

-Bell
In post 808, Ralts wrote:This list is roughly what I'm working off of:

Town

Milo, TSQ, Alexandrite
Brain Cell, Wisdom, StD, mastina
Everyone else
SleepyKrew, Wheme, TIL
Gypyx, T3

Scum
In post 812, Ralts wrote:Not the worst group to be in
In post 816, Ralts wrote:Gamma is one of the few people I can metaread. I've played with him a lot, and I feel pretty good about his posting and tone here.
In post 817, Milobird wrote:*takes of sunglasses*

Is sircakez finally town?

*pokes him to see if he's real*

-Bell

@Thanks mod friend.
In post 818, Firebringer wrote:
In post 816, Ralts wrote:Gamma is one of the few people I can metaread. I've played with him a lot, and I feel pretty good about his posting and tone here.
any specific posts u want to call attention to
In post 819, Milobird wrote:
In post 817, Milobird wrote:*takes of sunglasses*

Is sircakez finally town?

*pokes him to see if he's real*

-Bell

@Thanks mod friend.
Welcome to like 5 pages ago

I like Ralts readslist despite disagreeing witH 3 of his scumpool.
In post 820, Ralts wrote:
In post 814, Firebringer wrote:but i have no strong opinions on u either so im not gonna sit here and complain about being null
If it makes you feel better, it's not that I haven't noticed you, but rather I'm not sure how to sort you.

And it's more of a general vibe that Gamma's happy to be here. Content wise, I guess I liked his vote on Gypyx.
Spoiler: A couple of tonally towny Gamma posts
In post 152, Alexandrite wrote:Gahahaha I got post 151!

-Gamma
In post 171, Alexandrite wrote:
In post 93, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 84, T3 wrote:WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
haven't you ever seen full metal alchemist before?
VILE FIEND
VOTE: SAVE THE DRAGONS

-Gamma
In post 821, Ralts wrote:Which 3?
In post 824, Ralts wrote:TIL ehh admittedly my weakest scumlean in the bottom tiers, but their vote on StD and subsequent unvote gave me the impression that they didn't have that much conviction in their vote/reads. Possibly a pocketing attempt too now that I think about it.

SleepyKrew off the top of my head I don't recall what he's done except nitpick at other people's playstyles.

T3 is mostly there for anti mindmeld.
I spoke too soon, they do acknowledge the existence of suspicion on Gyphx with these posts and vote them. But they do not directly contribute to this conversation. Instead they start conversing with others about others.

The perspective on is odd. It shows a wide range, that they're paying attention, but their focus what they're actually commenting about is non-committal. Their strongest reasoned stance if Gamma, but they don't comment on us, just put us at the top of the town pile. I don't even think they've interacted with us, even though Notty acknowledged them.

I can't really tell if they're spreading their feelers/branching out as scum and weak sauce bussing, while positioning themselves after a possible Gyphx flip or not. Though they continue their trend of always being 3rd~4th vote on a player and hiding behind the reasoning of others.

-Bell

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Milobird »

There's also a trend of Ralts continuing to be polite scum. Always massaging other people's egos, "if it makes you feel better", "not the worst group to be in", etc.
It's non-confrontational, but could just be their personality.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Milobird »

mmm. 6 minutes after my post is their first post and they acknowledge the Gyphx pressure without asking about it or saying much about it an hour later, just voting them. It's entirely possible they're just spending that entire hour weighing whether it would be natural for them to bus there and what they would like to do with it. Ultimately they just took the normal newbie route. 'I can't ignore this, but I don't want to add to it. Let me make a reads list. I'm feeling the pressure let me start talking to others and build some influence because the game is sort of getting away from us.'

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Milobird »

In post 6240, Titus wrote:I'm so detached and the "no u" posts aren't helping. I'll hopefully get in and decide who I think should die.

I still strongly favor a no elimination.

The dead chat is probably chiding me for missing the obvious.
I don't think anybody has objected. I'm fine letting the candle burn out on its own. I'm having fun.

-Bell
Milobird
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Milobird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Milobird »

In post 833, Milobird wrote:Hi kuribo! Could I interest you in a gypyx wagon?
In post 835, Dwlee99 wrote:So many pages happened

TSQ are you still on STD
In post 837, Thestatusquo wrote:It kind of feels like you've been weirdly me focused this game dwlee. Do you have thoughts and questions for the other players in the game?
In post 838, Gypyx wrote:
In post 752, mastina wrote:
I am aware that both you and STD are experienced enough scum players to make a SvS or SvT fight look TvT, HOWEVER:
I think the people who have said the fight is TvT directly are, overall, a group
more
likely to contain scum rather than less.
so you're more likely to be scum according to your own words?

edit while reading further : yeah okay saw your answer to ralts, not a huge fan of admitting that you yourself are scummy but like i don't know how to play mafia so idk
In post 839, Gypyx wrote:
In post 751, mastina wrote:
I mean the problem with that is, the only way we'd have to know who should be the PR targeting me is if we had a D1 massclaim--with that obviously being something we shouldn't do, that means we have no way of coordinating it. We don't know who the best person to target me would be. And we have no way of limiting the number of players targeting me, either.

So my solution was just to leave it to the PRs in question, that if they think their role is strong especially with a second person getting a 1x copy of it, to have them target me.
yeah but the problem is like, if we have 4-5 of our most powerful roles stack up on ya (which seems quite like a realistic thing to occur given the openeness of what could happen), it probably won't be of much worth in the end, because we essentially trade 3-4 night actions in exchange for hoping you're town and will use those well, see what i mean?
In post 840, Gypyx wrote:
In post 828, SirCakez wrote:I'm scared if i talk about people town reading me that they will stop town reading me
I legit play my town games like scum half the time because I get miselimmed so much
well, if you're scared to the point of "deep anxiety" or sumthin' then how come you're talking about it like that without

feels less like a preemptive apology (which eh, i guess it would be worth a slight townlean) and more like you're trying to publically project what your town mindset would be
In post 841, Gypyx wrote:
In post 798, Milobird wrote:
In post 797, Bell wrote:I say this with love Gyphx.

-Bell
*grumbles.

-Bell.

Bell, bell, bell.
ya no worries, see what you mean there, altho it's been 3 months since i haven't had a real game of mafia, so i dunno, seems like pretty outdated meta to me? :shifty:
In post 842, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 836, Thestatusquo wrote:Yeah. Still haven't seen a reason why any of his reaction to me was town.
Damn, thought maybe something in all those pages changed your mind
In post 837, Thestatusquo wrote:It kind of feels like you've been weirdly me focused this game dwlee. Do you have thoughts and questions for the other players in the game?
You're always around when I check the game. To have more thoughts I feel like I need to do more than skim the past few pages or just wait for more stuff to happen. Gypyx had the same reaction to that mastina post as me when I read the quote which is good
In post 843, imaginality wrote:
In post 751, mastina wrote: -snip-
yeah but the problem is like, if we have 4-5 of our most powerful roles stack up on ya (which seems quite like a realistic thing to occur given the openeness of what could happen), it probably won't be of much worth in the end, because we essentially trade 3-4 night actions in exchange for hoping you're town and will use those well, see what i mean?
The approach I proposed in #503 would avoid that issue.
In post 844, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 843, imaginality wrote:
In post 751, mastina wrote: -snip-
The approach I proposed in #503 would avoid that issue.
My response to this plan is who cares
In post 845, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 842, Dwlee99 wrote:that mastina post
btw
In post 846, imaginality wrote:I don't like Gypyx and Ralts jumping on mastina's comment about the people who see TSQ v STD as TvT being more likely scum than not.

It seemed like deliberately reading the comment in the worst way.

Ralts raised it as a question whereas Gypyx continued to paint it as though mastina was calling herself scummy even after reading mastina's reply to Ralts. Which, like, I don't see why Gypyx bothers to post that as town, but as scum it is a chance to splash a bit of dirt on someone.

VOTE: Gypyx

On STD v TSQ my initial take was slightly suspicious of STD and pro town on TSQ. Someone mentioned TSQ plays like that as scum also so that tempers my town read slightly but I still like his side of it. Still figuring out how I feel about the STD side of it. I didn't see the initial post as scummy but the initial reaction to TSQ's pressure did feel a bit hmmm... Like, I didn't like the retrofitting 'oh but look at the reactions I generated' part of the conversation. However there was also a hint of confused 'what are you on about'-ness to it.

Interesting also at Gypyx defended STD against TSQ early in that debate.
In post 847, imaginality wrote:Oh cool add Dwlee99 to Gypyx and Ralts on the pile of "scum shiftily sniffing for stuff to stir up so as to subtly scatter some sneaky suspicion on seemingly stand-up citizens"
In post 848, Wisdom wrote:I like Imaginality for town I think

I don't think Gypyx is scummy but eh, not objecting either
Imaginality is nightmare fuel. He pushes Ralts and Gyphx, but votes Gyphx. Both Ralts and Gyphx latch unto Mastina saying they're acting scummy. Gyphx pushes Mastina while also discrediting himself by saying he sucks. He is, in effect, doing exactly what imaginality said, Gyphx is shading Mastina. But why. Why bring it up at all. Why Poke at town Ralts, but vote Gyphx? Are they setting them up for a miselim later? Why is Gyphx jumping on Mastina's comment, which is an absurdly low hanging fruit if they're partners? Are they trying to call it out for cred later, or damage minimizing? Does Gyphx focus on interacting with his scum partner more than pretty much any other player in the game?

-Bell

Dwlee is largely doing nothing, they're totally contentless at this point.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”