Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 949, Color Green wrote:
In post 948, Color Orange wrote:
In post 893, Color Orange wrote:The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Did you ever respond to this, Green?
Answering this in specific detail would be practically main-claiming, but please chalk it up to you misreading my phrasing. "Never make endgame" to me means "murder it and if people won't let me murder it, at least have them agree to not let it to endgame"
I understand. So people have been misinterpreting you this whole time. :o
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Color Green »

In post 950, Color Purple wrote:misinterpreting you this whole time
If only I had been stating that time and time again in my posts, to the point of getting quite irate about it.

Oh, wait.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

Been busy today with thanksgiving, probably not going to be able to catch up on anything right now. Tomorrow~
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Color Green »

The sun'll come outtomorrow
So ya gotta hang on'til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow tomorrow
I love ya
Tomorrow
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 944, Arrow Shape wrote:I'm satisfied with 3 probable town reads day 1.
As long as we do a high information lim, I don't really have an issue with killing anybody else.
I don't really like the pushes on green though. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of how literal minded player's approaches have been to them.
They entered the game talking about pacing and the game state and they're doing that, shit pushes or not. It's not like this isn't RVS, a bunch of serious rebuttals doesn't really make me feel better.
Are you referring to votes? You pretty much did a 180 on green are you now convinced Heart is scum? So maybe tell me what I’m not seeing then?

I think you should be more suspicious of people who aren’t questioning things. I have no problem voting out either Heart or Red if I’m convinced on it but posts like this one aren’t really helping me do that.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 949, Color Green wrote:
In post 948, Color Orange wrote:
In post 893, Color Orange wrote:The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Did you ever respond to this, Green?
Answering this in specific detail would be practically main-claiming, but please chalk it up to you misreading my phrasing. "Never make endgame" to me means "murder it and if people won't let me murder it, at least have them agree to not let it to endgame"
Okay. That seems to indicate you initially want Red dead first. Why the change? This question is mostly a formality, it shouldn't affect how I perceive you.
VOTE: Yellow
I want to see where this goes.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 954, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 944, Arrow Shape wrote:I'm satisfied with 3 probable town reads day 1.
As long as we do a high information lim, I don't really have an issue with killing anybody else.
I don't really like the pushes on green though. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of how literal minded player's approaches have been to them.
They entered the game talking about pacing and the game state and they're doing that, shit pushes or not. It's not like this isn't RVS, a bunch of serious rebuttals doesn't really make me feel better.
Are you referring to votes? You pretty much did a 180 on green are you now convinced Heart is scum? So maybe tell me what I’m not seeing then?

I think you should be more suspicious of people who aren’t questioning things. I have no problem voting out either Heart or Red if I’m convinced on it but posts like this one aren’t really helping me do that.
There isn't much to see, I think Heart is scum because when they got back they made a list. That's pretty much it. I don't like the pushes on Green, so I'm doing a 180.
You think I should be more suspicious on people who aren't questioning things.

You mean incurious players that don't ask what a person means by what they say?
Are you, and let me make sure I understand what you're saying here, scum reading Green because they aren't stopping to ask Heart questions to make sure they're scum?
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

I feel like everyone has taken a stance on Heart, with a flip it should be possible to see which pushes are scummy and which ones aren't.
:neutral: <- my face if someone says I'm lining up miseliminations.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

No, what I’m saying is challenging Green on their reads is a good thing. I challenge everything, because it’s important to me to feel as confident as I can on whatever vote I ultimately make and I will check out that list the thing tomorrow.

But now that you bring it up, I would obviously welcome more opinions on Heart from more people. That would be extremely helpful to me.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

I iso'd Pentagon.
I feel slightly better about them. They seem fairly forthright when read closely.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 957, Arrow Shape wrote:I feel like everyone has taken a stance on Heart, with a flip it should be possible to see which pushes are scummy and which ones aren't.
Including Heart?
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 960, Color Purple wrote:
In post 957, Arrow Shape wrote:I feel like everyone has taken a stance on Heart, with a flip it should be possible to see which pushes are scummy and which ones aren't.
Including Heart?
And Triangle?
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 960, Color Purple wrote:
Including Heart?

I can't tell if you're joking.

It must be too early in the morning for my brain to be functioning.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 952, Circle Shape wrote:Been busy today with thanksgiving, probably not going to be able to catch up on anything right now. Tomorrow~

I hope you had a good thanksgiving ~!

I do miss your presence.

Spoiler: A Song For You

You never did tell me what kind of music you liked!
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 248, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 210, Color Purple wrote:
In post 206, Color Orange wrote:
In post 115, Color Purple wrote:Is this TMI?
What do you mean by this.
I was talking about . I was worried that it would give away that I've never played outside of the Newbie and Normal Queues.
If you're town, you just made yourself a target for pairing by scum
If Heart is scum, I could see this as a possible perspective slip, since I would expect this to occur more to scum than town.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 416, Heart Shape wrote:I get told I've got a straight-forward posting style, and I try to read for content. So I'm not too worried about it. If you're scum, it will show. I suggest you try not to deviate from your regular style if you are town lest you look unnatural.
This post strikes me again as off perspective wise. Like why is Heart instructing Purple on how to post, especially since Purple really doesn’t look like they need any help?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 573, Heart Shape wrote:I admit I didn't read every word but I didn't get much out of ORange v Pentagon other than the obvious they're not TvS.

Purple and Blue seem to be I guess hesitant to push people too much. I'm just thinking off the top of my head so no specific posts, but they seem to be apologetic in their approach, and that's a missed opportunity in my opinion. I mean every time someone does that it's like why. Why not continue to push people in order to sort.
This post is also interesting. Why is Heart criticizing Purple and Blue for not making stronger pushes when they have yet to make any?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 574, Heart Shape wrote:I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay.
If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.
Another wtf post. This perspective is off. In what world is scum getting delayer a good thing?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 576, Heart Shape wrote:RE Triangle, still null for me. I'm not sure if they're serious about their hero solve or just using it to sort people. I think the Red/Traingle pairing could be volatile though just because others seem to be seeing things in them that I'm really not. Whoever, I think Orange, said something about me simplifying Blue's read on Triangle as larping and thus nai, that's exactly what it is.
No idea what to make of this, since I was already paired with Red at the time of this post and if any pairing with Tiangle would logically have been considered “volatile” att, wouldn’t that have been me?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 580, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 579, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 577, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 575, Circle Shape wrote:what are your actual reads heart

the only opinions i can seem to find from you is that you think purple and arrow are town
I don't have a whole lot yet. I think this preliminary stage isn't necessarily the best way to locktown or lockscum anyone.
i did not ask you to locktown or lockscum anyone

this seems a curious exaggeration on your part
Take it any way you want. Doesn't make my thinking on this any less valid. I don't know how anyone can have anything but tentative positions until we actually know what's what. Right now people, including myself, are developing reads based on what exactly. We don't even really know what's going on yet.
So again, why criticize Purple and Blue for not making stronger pushes? That stance seems inconsistent with this.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 608, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 598, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 597, Arrow Shape wrote:I paired with Yellow, so I can't pair with Orange.
Meta arguments in an anon game, how novel. Forgive me if I don't take your word for it.
No one is asking you to, that doesn’t make it any less true. Reaction reads to getting sr in general are really bad metrics and I really don’t understand why anyone thinks they’re ever indicative of anything, so you don’t even need to know my meta to know that’s a very silly basis for alignment reading anyone.
Imagine injecting self-meta and
then shading someone
for questioning it.
Also don’t like this. I was very clearly NOT “shading” Arrow in this post.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 287, Color Blue wrote:The reason I have Star/Diamond as SRs is because I got whiplash reading through Diamond's ISO:

Diamond calls out Star for volunteering and taking it backsies - he calls it a bit-LAMISTY

Later however:

He more or less makes the same kind of LAMisty appeal.

I do think it's possible he is just fustrated town who feels like he is being frozen out - but the game has barely been running for 2? days so I'm not sure that's something that's genuine.

It feels to me that the game state is still wide open and I think people are happy to mingle and talk - we've only paired 2 players so far.

I guess I think if he's town I just want to give him a big hug.

Maybe even if he's scum I would too? I am a sucker for AtE.
Heart apparently takes issue with this post. I don’t understand what’s wrong with it?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 881, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 879, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 877, Heart Shape wrote:So I guess asking Star who they are leaning to delay should figure into this calculus of who to lim
Why should who Star’s leaning to delay be a factor? Shouldn’t that be a majority consensus? Last I checked, Star wasn’t too keen on Arrow, who I think is town, does that make Arrow a good lim? No obviously.
Exactly. How Star is going to use the slot is necessary information. They can say "oh it's going to be used for townie reasons" and just use it however they want. So I wanna know how they're going to use it. And this seems like a particularly difficult thing without even knowing what the powers are. So we should be getting our act together preferably well ahead of the deadline. So what I'm saying is, yes it should be a majority consensus, but there are a lot of variables at play that we can't really say "Okay if ___ is limmed then delay the ______ & ______ team." I wanna know who is going to be delayed before we flip someone bc we probably aren't going to have much time in twilight to talk about that.
In post 883, Heart Shape wrote:Another thing this does is prevent Star from going off book. If Star agrees to delay the ____ & _____ team, and that team initiates its power, if the power fails, we know Star likely delayed them.
I actually shouldn’t have tr Heart for this. This is a post that could just as easily have been made by scum. Nothing is of course remotely suspicious about discussing mech but Heart seems to be focussed on that a lot more than in making reads. I think I’m starting to see what Green and Arrow are seeing now.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:21 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Color Yellow has been prodded.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 886, Heart Shape wrote:Color Red#
Color Orange
Color Yellow*
Color Green#
Color Blue
Color Purple
Arrow Shape
Circle Shape
Diamond Shape
Heart Shape
Pentagon Shape
Star Shape*#
Triangle Shape

Color Yellow-Shape Arrow
Color Red-Shape Pentagon
Color Purple-Shape Heart
Color Blue-Shape Circle
Color Green-Shape Diamond
Color Orange-Triangle Shape
Star Shape

Looking at this I don't think there's a s/s team. At least not one that pops out. With that premise, there could be 3 teams with scum in them or 2 teams with scum and Star is scum. Red & Pentagon and Blue & Circle I think may be most likely, with Red being scum in that pairing and Blue in the other. I didn't like Blue's treatment of Diamond, and I've gotten bad vibes from Red both pre- and post-substitution.
Still don’t understand this read on Blue, I think they’ve been really townie. Why no further explanation on red read?

Another thing that caught my eye, all of these symbols. I’m going to assume that “#” is possible scumread, “*” is a possible nullread and having both in the case of Star is nullscum?

But Green is never mentioned anywhere before in Heart’s ISO as a scumread and there is no symbol next to blue.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”