LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 774, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 770, Bingle wrote:Sure. I think there's scum in the wagon on T3 and I'm pressing a different button to see what effect it has.
Why do you think there is Scum on the T3 wagon?
Why were you trying to cast an E-1 vote on a wagon you were already on?
I don't think I've actually voted for T3 yet?
EBWOP
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 771, Bingle wrote:
In post 710, Not_Mafia wrote:T3 (4)- Bingle, Galron, LicketyQuickety, Auro (E-2)
^T3 Wagon
In post 654, Bingle wrote:VOTE: T3

What does pressing this button do?
^ Reason for T3 Wagon
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

Looked back, and apparently the VC was wrong. You should have been on Gal instead of T3. But still, that wagon popping up that fast with that little resistance over what I admitted to be no reason at all at the time is weird, so I'm pressing another button.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Bingle »

You not already being on the T3 wagon is a disappointment, tbh.

I was wondering specifically whether you would hop right back on Galron if someone else joined or if you'd stay with the wagon with more steam.

:(
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 778, Bingle wrote:You not already being on the T3 wagon is a disappointment, tbh.

I was wondering specifically whether you would hop right back on Galron if someone else joined or if you'd stay with the wagon with more steam.

:(
LOL, even Bingle can derp.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 779, LicketyQuickety wrote:LOL, even Bingle can derp.
Well, yeah. But in this case I was just trusting the VC to be accurate.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 pm

I'm going to try and play this game more seriously D3.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 726, Pavowski wrote:Does that strike you as a crazy leap in logic?

If the fire team kill was "incinerated", what would you expect the ice team kill to read as?

Mildly refrigerated?
:lol:
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 777, Bingle wrote:Looked back, and apparently the VC was wrong. You should have been on Gal instead of T3. But still, that wagon popping up that fast with that little resistance over what I admitted to be no reason at all at the time is weird, so I'm pressing another button.
Forgive me if I don't sheep you on this one.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 744, Bingle wrote:Actually, there's no harm in outing how I'm going to get it, so I can do that.

There is no kill flavor in the Role PMs provided on page 1. (I know, I checked a while back.) I just asked NM if he put kill flavor in the maf pts (open, so general formatting of PTs should be public information). If yes, then I think that's scum indicative for GL. If no, I think that's fairly clearing for GL.
In post 745, Galron wrote:For pav tho right
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 766, Pavowski wrote:This is bizarre behavior
Someone did say LQ can have some crazy takes even as town. That being said, my earlier inclination that he's not a good lim today has eroded significantly due to his play so far today. And this is not OMGUS-driven. I did't really care that he voted me, but his reasons for voting me and his reads list, along with follow-up explanations, are really bad.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Bingle »

@gal nope check

It a big ol null sandwich for pav.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:03 pm

In post 785, Galron wrote:
Someone did say LQ can have some crazy takes even as town. That being said, my earlier inclination that he's not a good lim today has eroded significantly due to his play so far today. And this is not OMGUS-driven. I did't really care that he voted me, but his reasons for voting me and his reads list, along with follow-up explanations, are really bad.
Why are they "really bad"? Because they are not complex reads? Reads don't have to be complex to be right.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 783, Galron wrote:Forgive me if I don't sheep you on this one.
My heart, she breaks.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:05 pm

In post 788, Bingle wrote:
In post 783, Galron wrote:Forgive me if I don't sheep you on this one.
My heart, she breaks.
This sort of reads like SvS behavior, but I'm not doing that this game.

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Galron »

I saw that but didn't connect the two. Re-reading 744 I guess I see what you're getting at, but now I'm not sure why Pav is null.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 786, Bingle wrote:@gal nope check

It a big ol null sandwich for pav.
In post 790, Galron wrote:I saw that but didn't connect the two. Re-reading 744 I guess I see what you're getting at, but now I'm not sure why Pav is null.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 787, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Why are they "really bad"? Because they are not complex reads? Reads don't have to be complex to be right.
I'm not going to go point-by-point, but they're completely generic. While reads don't need to be complex the type of list you were trying to make should contain at least some level of at least low-level thought.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:11 pm

In post 792, Galron wrote:
In post 787, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I'm not going to go point-by-point, but they're completely generic. While reads don't need to be complex the type of list you were trying to make should contain at least some level of at least low-level thought.
Oh, gee, thanks. But that makes me Scum or what?

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Galron »

You're leaning that way, although I'm not giving up on my prior thought that you and Roden were TvT. And I'm not going to be baited into your JAQing off here.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 711, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 674, mc esther wrote:i think basically everyone's established this, but to be explicit so that nobody suggests anything daft later (and also to get auro's thoughts): pavowski's town
I don't think I agree with this anymore. I didn't like people suggesting Pav's D1 posting was an attempt to signal, I thought it clearly wasn't, but I do think his opening D2 post is really bad, I'm wondering if he straight up scum slipped by revealing knowledge of the "frozen" flavoring for Ice Team kill
idk, i see where youre coming from but, "frozen", lol. youre not wrong to note that there are a ton of potential synonyms, but "pav picking the most obvious word, and the mod also picking the most obvious word" isnt an unlikely coincidence that needs an explanation.
In post 785, Galron wrote:this is not OMGUS-driven
lmao this seems such a weird statement to me. does anyone outside of rvs ever say "yeah im omgussing lol", like, why would you bother clarifying this? that said,
In post 794, Galron wrote:You're leaning that way, although I'm not giving up on my prior thought that you and Roden were TvT. And I'm not going to be baited into your JAQing off here.
yeah i do think lickety is just trying to pick random fights as in day 1. i kinda saw shades of this with the random bingle vote too.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: licketyquickety
~
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:28 pm

In post 795, mc esther wrote:yeah i do think lickety is just trying to pick random fights as in day 1. i kinda saw shades of this with the random bingle vote too.
What reason do I have to "pick random fights" rather than voting who I think is Scum in Multi-ball? Like this isn't a well-thought-through perspective on what I am doing. If your reason was, "LQ has been underwhelming and I think he's just looking to get TR" then that would be one thing, but that perspective lacks that I could just be Scum actually feeling like I'm making a legit push on Scum. But that's not what you are saying. Your argument is that I'm looking for Townie points exclusively. It makes it seem like you don't actually believe what you are saying because you don't take into account that my push could be authentic. If my push IS authentic, then that could mean I'm Town, but you completely dodge that reasoning for some reasoning.

mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by mc esther »

there's a difference between "aggressively interrogating random players hoping they crack" and "starting random fights". im pretty sure we discussed the scum benefits of fights (as opposed to arguments, which generate information) pretty extensively d1.

galron explained, imo relatively clearly, what they didnt like about your reads' list, and why they felt these flaws could be alignment-indicative (and, eh, i dont quite agree with him on that point -- i could level the same criticism at pav's reads lists, but pav is imo clearly town, despite some of the people who townread him d1 now doubting that). sarcastically throwing the question back at him, "that makes me scum or what", isnt encouraging discussion, it's an attempt at repeating d1 long after youve been informed that nobody really appreciated or benefitted from that play (and after it's become apparent that this play did not help build reads!)
~
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:38 pm

In post 797, mc esther wrote:there's a difference between "aggressively interrogating random players hoping they crack" and "starting random fights". im pretty sure we discussed the scum benefits of fights (as opposed to arguments, which generate information) pretty extensively d1.

galron explained, imo relatively clearly, what they didnt like about your reads' list, and why they felt these flaws could be alignment-indicative (and, eh, i dont quite agree with him on that point -- i could level the same criticism at pav's reads lists, but pav is imo clearly town, despite some of the people who townread him d1 now doubting that). sarcastically throwing the question back at him, "that makes me scum or what", isnt encouraging discussion, it's an attempt at repeating d1 long after youve been informed that nobody really appreciated or benefitted from that play (and after it's become apparent that this play did not help build reads!)
No, me telling Galron that is just me saying his reasons are just as weak as mine.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 790, Galron wrote:I saw that but didn't connect the two. Re-reading 744 I guess I see what you're getting at, but now I'm not sure why Pav is null.
I’m not saying pav overall is null. I’m saying that in that particular interaction nothing indicative about pave alignment occurred.

I already explained why I think pav is town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”