Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

good to see you again
VOTE: Andres
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:20 am

Post by UglyDuck »

weekend got away from me.
Will get into this this evening.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 227, Retti wrote:
In post 213, Andante wrote:
In post 137, Oman wrote:
In post 134, Natalya wrote:
In post 128, Retti wrote:I think Natalya probably has ~sincere conviction~ or whatever in her Scorp read, I just don't really think I see it, the questions he asked her are just asking her to explain her reads, which isn't exactly screaming "scum" to me. His response is weird but I would agree with Oman's assessment at the end of that the votes on Scorp after Natalya look opportunistic in nature, which has me not wanting to go in that direction.

A thing that confuses me is that Retti/Oman believe the latter voters on the Scorp wagon to be opportunistic in nature but their votes are on T3, who is not voting for Scorp.
I was pretty explicit about why I made my vote in my post: It's better to have two strong wagons which cause people to move into "camps" and draw lines between each other than for me to vote egrix or whatever.

(I know this comes after the post I responded to you, but I was skimming, then went back to you instead of ignoring)
This one just read weird to me tbh idk, not enough for me to have a strong stance on Oman, but like "It's better to have two strong wagons which cause people to move into "camps" and draw lines between each other than for me to vote egrix or whatever." Who says this, this early in the game? like "ok, time to force wagons on 2 people and see what happens" it's definitely not my method of choice for how to play, but whatever, that post felt off though, idk how to explain.

And yeah, if it's a long post I'll tend to not really read it when skimming the thread, even though I know I produce a lot of long posts, but hey, sometimes you just say whatever, and see what sticks/people try to run with, like I knew I wasn't here for a while, wanted to see if people would jump in like "yep for sure town!!" just like the million TRs on me, like, are you saying it cause you genuinely think I'm town or you saying it cause you wanna try and pocket me, OR are youjust gonna repeat what everyone else says, it's like, yeah.

**So I didn't quote Retti's post, but this is in response to I think the first thing Retti just said, I see there's like 5 posts between them now
I mean, that seems like pretty explicitly a playstyle type of post (not that uncommon among older players from what I remember). Doesn't really bother me although I could see someone unfamiliar with old norms being weirded out by it. But it still concerns me that you don't seem to be reading the game critically, like you're giving all these takes but admitting to skimming posts, and like, are you more concerned with Being Here and Having Opinions rather than actually analyzing anything?
what else would you have one do on day 1? what have you done that analyzes the game? what has anyone done?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

holy balls yall talk a lot.
Complete honesty - I need to dedicate the morning to isoing out shit so I can get thoughts in order. I read up, but like I don't really know any of you, so I am having trouble keeping up reading straight through.

yall can just policy exile me if I don't get content out tomorrow morning (that is to hold myself to it)
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

Broad strokes so people kind of know where I stand. Just gonna jump into it from here - if you have questions about previous shit I didn't address just ask:

Andante - Lots of interaction with literally anyone that is posting. They are driving the game, poking and prodding, but backing off when it is useless. They have too many interactions for me to go through and list them out one by one, but hard TR all in all.

Azaariah - Lots of interaction with Andante, then Retti and Scorpious. Whole first part of their game is the back and forth with Andante read. At first I was skeptical because of how they kind of open ended it with the "not dealing with Andante today" stuff. But then they continued to engage and came to the same conclusion I have so town points there. I do not like #95 where they say they "have thoughts on the game but will wait to say"... but also they voted for scorp in that post, so I guess not that open doored. I like their general playstyle and content to date... would like to know what the recent dwelee bit is about though.

JV/Dwelee - JV did essentially what I have done to this point, so not reading into that. DW I do not like the E-1, or more specifically I do not like asking for the claim. I agree with their logic that a hammer that early on would be pretttttyyyyy skummy... but then run that all back... why ask for the claim? That general logic does not seem to add up to me. That being said, I generally hate meta cases because they are an easy avenue for skum to push when they need something, so pushing against it is worth something.

Egix - null/town. No real reasons other than I give credit to owning to the back and forth with fua regarding people just commenting and defending. I feel like skum would dig more into that or just ignore it. Saying "too bad that's how I am" isn't really a fruitful avenue for skum talking about a fairly easily agreeable skummy thing.

fua - Just played a game with them and they were town. And at the beginning of the game I thought they had a few skummy comments, and I do again this time, so take it as you will.
I do not like this, because while it was on page 4 it was also their first post of the game. It was right after they said they didn't vote the way they did (but they did) so it feels just like... graspy.
In post 224, fua wrote:
In post 95, Azaariah wrote:i have some thoughts on the game but won't say them yet VOTE: scorpio
Your 'RVS vote' from page 4.
VOTE: Azaariah
... you know what I am writing this as I am doing iso's and while I do want that quote there noted, I am liking fua fine so I am just gonna stop and write them as town for now for me.

Natayla - I will let you know later today or possibly after a flip or 2 if I am still here. Suspicious for reasons I am not going to go into rn, but I would not lim here as of now.

Oman - Solid town read. They are clearly reading carefully in general and posting accordingly. Not a lot of fluff. Also, I just like the way they post.

Retti - While getting into it with a few people is not creating real 1v1s (which is good). General town vibes there all around.

Scorp - Yeah I am not voting here for anything up to this point. Makes me mildly suspicious of everyone that pushed them prior to their one skummy post which was the reads list. And even then, I pretty much agree with the post.

*getting tired*

T3 - no fucking clue.

TW - Town.

I will make sure to not fall behind again, sorry.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 544, the worst wrote:
In post 543, T3 wrote:
In post 532, the worst wrote:Sorry y'all I know this is super obviously dwlee scum and all that but they've got me pocketed so I'll have to wait til f3 then in a shocking twist, suddenly reverse my read and save the day.

VOTE: T3

(For those who arent used to my brand of bullshit: I don't buy the Dwlee wagon at all)
I get wagoned Day 1 in at least 80% of the games I play, regardless of alignment.
Yeahhh i know. Id be super keen for an egix or uglyduck wagon but we gotta exist in the timelines we gotta exist in.
I'm here, I'm here. I am sorry, work was frikin nuts for the whole week and the weekend was just a mess.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 558, Retti wrote:
@UglyDuck:
I looked over your reads list, who do you actually suspect right now?
DW is my top at this point. forgot to...

VOTE: DW
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 573, Azaariah wrote:
In post 545, UglyDuck wrote:Azaariah - Lots of interaction with Andante, then Retti and Scorpious. Whole first part of their game is the back and forth with Andante read. At first I was skeptical because of how they kind of open ended it with the "not dealing with Andante today" stuff. But then they continued to engage and came to the same conclusion I have so town points there. I do not like #95 where they say they "have thoughts on the game but will wait to say"... but also they voted for scorp in that post, so I guess not that open doored. I like their general playstyle and content to date... would like to know what the recent dwelee bit is about though.
i'm selectively reading up and i don't like this at all. the conclusion is fine. im not sure how to explain this actually. if someone could give me some more specific questions about this read, it might help me figure out how to explain this read.

but i am ready to explain the dwlee read if anyone wants that.

I mean I would like to hear it.
What do you not like about my post?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 587, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 580, the worst wrote:UglyDuck just spent like 9 days preparing completely lukewarm recycled reads and I'm kind of surprised that's not getting as much attention as I'd hoped?

VOTE: UglyDuck this isn't for pressure I think he's fairly likely to actually flip red
VOTE: Uglyduck

Actually yea

This is a good point

uglyduck spent a few hours reading the game and catching up and put together a list quickly in order to jump back in, not 9 days. Obviously... I also am like 99% sure that I said that in that post.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 589, fua wrote:
In post 584, Azaariah wrote:so you think scum me would lie about something like a rvs vote? i did have thoughts on the game but everything about every thought was solely about andante basically and i didn't want to talk about that yet. that first post with the vote was the equivalent of a prodge post for me.

someone said i might be scum for the bad vote on you. im not sure why you seem to think scum me would be so nervous about this one scum read on me that i could've easily fixed with a little extra content in my posts.
I really don’t think that you’re scummy for that post in particular anymore— it was probably just a miscommunication of intent given the context and I don’t want you limmed today. I think Scorp was calling out Duck’s read of me as fabricated and hedging. Basically all of Duck’s reads boil down to “I think this person is one alignment,
but
because of (X), they could also be the other alignment!” Which makes me think he isn’t really trying to hunt for scum at all.
Not hedging, but tbf I also have clearly been lacking in the skum hunting department today so I can't argue with that.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 605, T3 wrote:do i vote uglyduck?
why do you need permission?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 781, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 774, the worst wrote:Congrats on the new job, Oman. :D Glad all is going well.
In post 773, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: the worst
Why are you town?
my uh, wincon aligns with an uninformed majority... :shifty:

honestly, what a question to open with. Half of my surface-level approach is geared towards minimising polarity between my towngame and scumgame. - Respectfully, your slot has absolutely no clout, we're almost at deadline and I am not a consideration for today's elimination. Explain to me why this post isn't absolute performative nonsense. :P
I was actually in the middle of evaluating the existing wagons whilst you posted this. I feel like the uglyduck wagon has better logic behind it but I haven’t really combed all the votes for the Dwlee wagon yet.
As for why I’m asking you how you’re town, you should know why! But tbf you don’t feel like how I’m used to scum!you playing as a replace in.
What is the logic behind my wagon you are speaking of?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

I don't understand why that would be good logic. Compared to everyone in this game that plays (assumption here) A FUKING TON with one and other, I have not. It is Day 1 and I do not have strong reads on anyone. Which should of been... pretty clear. Everyone is talking about other games and alts and who ever the fuck skittles is??? and I am honestly just struggling to get through a page of content at a time without having to re read everything to figure out wtf is going on.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

Doctor
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

also this isn't happening today

UNVOTE: DW
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

There is no way both DW and my wagons sit here like this this long if they are skum. I have played absolutely an atrociously easy game for skum to take advantage of and they have not jump on it. They could of for like a bazillion reasons people have pointed out and yet I sit at L-2 until recently. If they needed to protect DW, they would of prevously.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 801, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 621, Dwlee99 wrote:So ugly why do you scumread me

Saying I'm your counterwagon is a cheating answer btw
I did avoid it.
I was fairly certain it was gonna end with me claiming and you were the counter wagon. Best source of info (sorry to cheat).

fwiw I did actually think you were a candidate for skum at the time. Since have changed my mind obviously.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:47 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

VOTE: Aza
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 916, Retti wrote:Like I don't even want to continue, this is TVT, I don't want this to consume our entire deadline while scum just chill in the background
I concur with this summary of the oman/DW back and forth.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 926, T3 wrote:
In post 843, UglyDuck wrote:Doctor
i don't buy this based on the idea i have of georgebailey mod meta
I have a modifier. There absolutely no value in me claiming what it is though.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

I have read again and I will not be switching to DW. I still like Aza the best currently. I will sheep the current wagoneers on T3 if I must to get the lim off.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 937, Natalya wrote:
In post 934, Andresvmb wrote:I’ll have a Scum in the next 5 hours.
I guess we can all sheep Andres when he's done catching a scum for us
Nat - how do you read the oman/DW back and forth?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 939, Natalya wrote:I tr Oman and I think dwlee is mafia.
okie dokie, thanks. do you feel like the back and forth that got heated there was same same vibe as you were getting as when you had the back and forth with DW?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

coolcoolcoolcool but I am not asking how you read people. I am asking if you think the conversations are similar. My apologies if the word "vibe" was misleading.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

fua/DW - lots of games together, yes?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:01 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

Andre - would love that skum result
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 70, fua wrote:
In post 69, Andante wrote:lmao I love the flavor, this will be my favorite game ever, what even is that? a Rooster x ....
That’s my dad.
this is the best post of the game and I am sorry I missed it the first time. fucking lol
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 68, Andante wrote:[quote="In post 62

LMAOOOO This is great.
"Andante is talking a lot. Has to be scum indicative"
So what, you prefer the "haha (vote X)"? you kinda have to talk to advance the game, also if you look at any of my past games, I just talk a lot in general, it's not alignment indicative
In post 71, Andante wrote:ah nice!

yeezys(1) ~ Egix96(1)
UglyDuck(1) ~ Andresvmb(2)
Scorpious(1) ~ Natalya(9)
Natalya(1) ~ Oman(2)
fua(1) ~ Scorpious(5)
Egix96(1) ~ Retti(2)
Andresvmb(1) ~ UglyDuck(1)

So these are the "haha (vote x)" people and there's way too many for that to be all town,

The people that came back and talked were Retti, Scorp, Natalya

I might TR Oman, I know what they're talking about

Leaves Egix, Andres, UglyDuck, likely at least 1 scum in them

(I know it's crazy vague, but game just started, and that's where my initial suspicious go)
why is it weird for someone to think you are skummy for talking a lot but then you assume there has to be skum in the people that don't talk a lot?
was this just pressure for posts? why the call out? We collectively had like negative 6 posts at that time - so why is you posting a lot not indicative but us not doing so makes us skummy?
(don't use the easy answer, it's a real question)
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 819, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 815, Scorpious wrote:
In post 806, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 766, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 1.9

UglyDuck(5)
~ (10), (74), (100), (66), (86)

Dwlee99(5)
~ (85), (19), (27), (11), (45)
T3(2)
~ (138), (79)
Scorpious(1)
~ (9)

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-21 15:28:22)
I hate my wagon right now. Normally I feel like I would have a townread on someone voting me but I just... don't beyond kind of feeling like Natalya and t3 are like probably town but I'm not feeling GREAT about it cause yea. My natalya read kinda just hard biased by their push on me. Uglyduck wagon looks pure actually. Hero solve: Oman/Azaariah/Uglyduck?
How do you feel about the makeup of the UD wagon right now?
I said I think it's pure (town)

I can go through these but like tldr is that worst, fua, and you seem townie. Andres I feel least confident on being town on this wagon but I think scum!Andres has means and motive to push me through here which he hasn't done (in fact he's done the opposite)

I will not be having a 40 post conversation back and forth with you, so please just answer (no offense intended, love playing with you)
I think you are town. If I am right, this is good info.
How do you feel about the make up of this wagon as of now?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:25 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 873, Oman wrote:
In post 870, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 869, Oman wrote:
In post 865, Dwlee99 wrote:You still have no stated reason to scumread me. This seems extremely fake

UUUUUGH. Fine. I'm not taking the bait any more. I've put my thoughts out, I've put my votes down. I've made my moves. You don't like them, you think it's fake, whatever mate. I've tried. You don't wanna believe me, you don't gotta.
No you haven't??? Wtf

Haven't I? Shit. Sorry. That's my bad, I thought I'd made this post earlier (I've been on your wagon for a while, I thought I'd scattered these through for a long time).

The Scorp E-1 was ridonkulously bad for a number of reasons. That was a volatile wagon that didn't need more fire and you/Jackson had posted VERY VERY little before making one of the least productive and potentially most harmful moves in the game so far. It truly looked like opportunism, on a wagon that was emotional enough that someone feasibly could have hammered and talked their way out of it. "Hammering at this point is a death sentence" was your stance, and I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. I think with how salty Scorp was acting, Town absolutely could have hammered him and then been follow-up pushed, or scum could have done it and then walked away from explosions. I don't think it's NEARLY as reductive as you put it, and for that to be your first action, so blase, SUCKS to me.

Your reaction to Natalya and now me is incredibly defensive. To the point that it feels scummy. For the same reason I read ScorpTown for their response to pressure, I almost entirely read you as scum because of how much you've overblown Natalya and now me for looking in your direction. As I said, it's big OMGUS energy. Obviously with me you've got a real reason to be salty because apparaently I never put this in text, and that does suck, I'm sorry, especially for saying I have and acting like that. But it's still super defensive. And perhaps most telling of all, a scumtell I'm very familiar with, is being upset not because you are being pressured, but becasue you're being pressured for
a reason you think is unfair
. Natalya's meta stuff, and my agreeing with you thing. It reeks a lot of someone who is finding the pressure a little unfair because they think they deserve to be cleaner than they are.
Oman - you admit to not putting it into text. you really thing it is AI to be defensive when someone repeatedly asks you for reasons and then you later realize that you did not give them? like after saying you gave them? like a lot? They pushed you because you did not provide a reason for the origin of your case, they continued to do so, it turned into nonsense.... fine. Whatever, coming from town, that is not AI, that is "why the eff are you still talking to me and asking me questions before you answer mine".

You are a pretty solid lock for me and I am more certain of green DW than all but one player in this game. please move the vote.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (isolation #30) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

Aza/ T3/ Scorp - why did you vote me?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”