Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 395, RH9 wrote:
In post 284, RH9 wrote:Feel like I need to say this. Scorpious, I know that you're the highest poster. However, I would like to say that my highest townread is Nathann. Literally, every post he's made has shown high solving intent. He's been trying to sort everybody and has been acting in a progressive manner. I know this might seem pockety but I am saying this genuinely. I don't care, Nathann, if you don't TR me but I would like to point out how much I am liking your actions.
See I'm highest poster now, even though I wrote a lot of fluff.

So this was just fluff to prove a point. Your last block of posts are horrible.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by Scorpious »

I don’t know why that happened

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by Scorpious »

Ugh, 400 posted in like mini text, then of course I comment on it and it fixes itself.. disregard 401 please.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 375, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:VOTE: ADSE

Are we going to get an explanation?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 372, Jacket wrote:Skimmed the game. I have a handful of weak-ish townreads and exactly one scumread.

VOTE: RH9
What did you skim to get exactly one scat read?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by Three »

In post 393, RH9 wrote:And Three, how's reading going? I notice that you're online but you haven't posted so I am assuming that you are reading.
Yes, I've been reading. I've been at work so it's been slow catching up, I'm just about done now.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 405, Three wrote:
In post 393, RH9 wrote:And Three, how's reading going? I notice that you're online but you haven't posted so I am assuming that you are reading.
Yes, I've been reading. I've been at work so it's been slow catching up, I'm just about done now.
Are you reading critically or just skimming?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by Three »

In post 404, Scorpious wrote:
In post 372, Jacket wrote:Skimmed the game. I have a handful of weak-ish townreads and exactly one scumread.

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Post by RH9 »

Take your time.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 407, Three wrote:

I’m not allowed to reference the slimy buildup on soap by it’s true name, so I’ve been experimenting with other ways to refer to it.

You said your skimming yield exactly 1 read of an evil doer. What was it that you skimmed that led you there?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Three »

In post 406, Scorpious wrote:
I've had to rewrite my responses to both you and RH9 now because you've both asked questions that deserve sarcastic responses.

Yes I'm reading critically. The first six pages turned my brain to mush though. Is there any particular reason for the boring shit fights that went down back there? I expected to see something come out of it but Strange doesn't even seem to be on anyone's radar anymore. I have them as a town lean personally, but I don't understand why the suspicion towards them dissolved so easily and with so little fanfare when they never gave a satisfying answer about why they were so focused on STD at the beginning.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Scorpious »

Fuck, I’m getting people mixed up now.

Sorry, three..

The question about the one read That’s for jacket. I’m going to bed now

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 399, Scorpious wrote:
I don’t like when people do this. So am Into assume you are keeping tabs on everyone like this?
I once saw Greeting do something similar in Newboe 2082. I'll quote it for you below.
In post 235, Greeting wrote:I know this is activity-based meta, but I see frogsfrogs online most of the time I'm around and they have almost three times less posts than I do. They aren't posting in any other games. What's up with that? In , Val89 strongly townread frogs, without really saying why.

Maybe I'm being paranoid about this, but I think it should be pointed out.
Though, the circumstances are different because frogfrogs started from the beginning of that game while Three replaced in. That's why I thought that Three was reading. Also frogsfrogs was Mafia Roleblocker, but Three is currently a nullread for me.

v/la every weekend

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Three »

In post 409, Scorpious wrote:
In post 407, Three wrote:

I’m not allowed to reference the slimy buildup on soap by it’s true name, so I’ve been experimenting with other ways to refer to it.

You said your skimming yield exactly 1 read of an evil doer. What was it that you skimmed that led you there?
That was Jacket, not me.

Also you're allowed to use the word scum. The L-word is the only one that got banned. Commonly used replacement words are variations of eliminate, execute, yeet, etc.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Three »

In post 411, Scorpious wrote:Fuck, I’m getting people mixed up now.

Sorry, three..

No worries, good night.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 410, Three wrote:
I've had to rewrite my responses to both you and RH9 now because you've both asked questions that deserve sarcastic responses.

Yes I'm reading critically. The first six pages turned my brain to mush though. Is there any particular reason for the boring shit fights that went down back there? I expected to see something come out of it but Strange doesn't even seem to be on anyone's radar anymore. I have them as a town lean personally, but I don't understand why the suspicion towards them dissolved so easily and with so little fanfare when they never gave a satisfying answer about why they were so focused on STD at the beginning.
Bells go off in my head when I read “skimmed”. The fact that you are ingesting the game whole and not coming at us with a “read” from a skim makes me lean town on you and scum on Jacket.

Ok, for real, bed now.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 411, Scorpious wrote:Fuck, I’m getting people mixed up now.

Sorry, three..

Don't worry. I once mixed up Taly and Titus, which Galron noticed. It was so embarrassing because I looked like I was trying to shade Taly.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 415, Scorpious wrote:
In post 410, Three wrote:

Bells go off in my head when I read “skimmed”. The fact that you are ingesting the game whole and not coming at us with a “read” from a skim makes me lean town on you and scum on Jacket.

Ok, for real, bed now.
That's the one thing which I partially agree with you on. We're making progress.
(For clarification, I'm talking about the townlean on Three. I did once made a read on Galron based on a skim and it turned out to actually be correct.)

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 398, Scorpious wrote:
In post 390, RH9 wrote:
In post 389, Galron wrote:Please elucidate, RH9.
My reaction to was heavily borrowed from the reaction of to in Open 833. But was a member of the groupscum and replaced into a slot which was part of the uninformed majority.

However, I'm not a member of the groupscum and hence my self-comparision to when she was VT in Newbie 2080 with you and .

(Now I'm starting to borrow from and in regards to temporarily bolding names.)

Meta much?
Yes. I spectated Open 833 but Newbie 2080 was mentioned in a game that I spectated, Newbie 2082.

v/la every weekend

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Three »

Preconceptions from before I replaced in was that between A50 and Salsa, A50 read as more town to me so I wanted his slot. Not because of anything he did that was pro town, I just thought his posts were funny. Salsa's tone always just reads as scummy to me though. I want to see what Jacket does since I think I'll have a better chance of correctly reading him.

I'm about to head home so I'll give more detailed reads in an hour or so. But something I gotta say now is that I don't understand how some players have so many town reads. Because the more I read the more I was just like...how? So many players have scummy tones or are making accusations with nothing to back it up or are making serious votes while giving zero effort in actually getting their scum reads eliminated. It's bizarre.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 397, Jacket wrote:
In post 390, RH9 wrote:
My reaction to was heavily borrowed from the reaction of to in Open 833. But was a member of the groupscum and replaced into a slot which was part of the uninformed majority.

However, I'm not a member of the groupscum and hence my self-comparision to when she was VT in Newbie 2080 with you and .

...why did you copy the reaction of someone who was scum?
Because I realised that Town had the potential to do a similar thing. After all, if you don't act too defensive, there is nothing to be too worried about. And Noraa was acting so casually, that I thought that STD was their scum partner. is exactly what I said. I have also quoted it below.
RH9 wrote:Imagine if Noraa and Save The Dragons are the Mafia. (At least, to me, Noraa's interaction with Save The Dragons, makes them fell Scum vs Scum.)

v/la every weekend

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Three »

In post 388, RH9 wrote:
In post 385, RH9 wrote:And was partially inspired by somebody's reaction to STD in a past game that I spectated where STD replaced in and scumread them.
(STD probably knows what I'm talking about.)
Except that that player was in a different alignment in that game to what I am in this game.
(But I remember that Roden mentioning that this sort of thing has been done, as seen in his post , in which he mentioned Cook and T3. It was what Roden described as "just some background info on Cook's strat".)
In post 390, RH9 wrote:

This is also bizarre. I don't understand why you're using meta from players who aren't in this game. I don't get why you're linking the Wiki and user profiles either instead of posts that would support the point you're trying to make. It just seems...busy. Like you're trying to make it look like you're making a case with proper sources when that isn't really what's going on.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:22 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 421, Three wrote:
In post 388, RH9 wrote:
In post 385, RH9 wrote:And was partially inspired by somebody's reaction to STD in a past game that I spectated where STD replaced in and scumread them.
(STD probably knows what I'm talking about.)
Except that that player was in a different alignment in that game to what I am in this game.
(But I remember that Roden mentioning that this sort of thing has been done, as seen in his post , in which he mentioned Cook and T3. It was what Roden described as "just some background info on Cook's strat".)
In post 390, RH9 wrote:

This is also bizarre. I don't understand why you're using meta from players who aren't in this game. I don't get why you're linking the Wiki and user profiles either instead of posts that would support the point you're trying to make. It just seems...busy. Like you're trying to make it look like you're making a case with proper sources when that isn't really what's going on.
I'm doing it to show why I'm acting this way. I'm borrowing from those players.

v/la every weekend

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:24 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 382, RH9 wrote:
In post 381, RH9 wrote:
In post 377, Jacket wrote:
In post 374, RH9 wrote:
In post 373, Jacket wrote:The generalized gamestate take is in a game as sluggish as this one there's probably a handful of scum in the low-content slots but sorting them is impossible unless they actually start contributing it's more or less a crapshoot. There are situations where it can be active scum while town is apathetic and lurks it out, but it feels like there's a little too much discord between the active players for that to be the case.
Which one of the more inactive players do you think can be scum?
And how far have you read? I don't expect you to have read everything because you said that you skimmed. But then, who doesn't skim? I remembered that the first time that I replaced in, I skimmed and ended up with reads which are definitely one of my best. Thus, I'll take your reads as though it is 100% correct.
...you realize I'm voting you, right?
Yes. What about it?
Why is it so important that you're voting me? I have come across confbias before and it always lead to me getting townread.
Why, instead of confronting a scumread on you, are you deflecting attention?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:29 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 421, Three wrote: This is also bizarre. I don't understand why you're using meta from players who aren't in this game. I don't get why you're linking the Wiki and user profiles either instead of posts that would support the point you're trying to make. It just seems...busy. Like you're trying to make it look like you're making a case with proper sources when that isn't really what's going on.
What he meant in regard to me was that he's borrowing mine, and another player's, style of bolding names of players for the purpose of making a point. I don't mind this and I don't see this as odd. By this, I mean this borrowing thing in particular of course.

Return to “Completed Open Games”