Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Roden »

In post 947, mc esther wrote:ill wait for everyone (especially darby and looker) to post before i vote, but lmao i think everyone already knows im voting t3 today.
We only eliminate T3 if we're certain he's LQ's partner. Even if we eliminate an Ice Mafia member today, town still auto loses.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 950, Roden wrote:
In post 947, mc esther wrote:ill wait for everyone (especially darby and looker) to post before i vote, but lmao i think everyone already knows im voting t3 today.
We only eliminate T3 if we're certain he's LQ's partner. Even if we eliminate an Ice Mafia member today, town still auto loses.
Not necessarily. Fire/ice kills could cancel out.

I agree with your thinking tho
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Roden »

In post 683, LicketyQuickety wrote:Town:
Roden
mc esther - Townie sounding points.
Guilty Lion - Not seeing GL as Scum here. Their push on Roden looks bad in retrospect, but I'm guilty of the same thing.

Town Lean:
Bingle - Good thoughts, feel like he's actually trying to sort me.
DArby - Probably Town, but there was something that was bugging me about them near EoD. Would have to look and try and figure it out. Town Lean.

Null:
Enchant - IDK, higher activity? That's probably NAI
Pavowski - Null. Why are People TRing Pav? Is it based on pre-flip or what?
Auro - Having doubts here since I'm probably TRing Bingle and GL more at this point.
T3 - Don't really feel anything here.

Scum Lean:
Galron - I guess I have to have a Scum Lean somewhere. And I didn't really like that the were stiff at the SoD 1. Someone else made that comment and I went back to look and I can definitely see it. Their reaction to it was bad too.

VOTE: Galron
Trying to figure out who his partner from this but I'm not getting much from it.

Tbh I'm wondering why I'm still alive when neither scum team tried to kill Enchant. They instead NK'd Galron, who buried LQ, and GL, who was getting accused of faking his town game.

Galron was killed by the Ice team, so it wasn't a revenge kill from a Fire Mafia interestingly enough. Not really sure why Fire killed GL at all.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:20 am

Post by mc esther »

oh, yeah okay, "must eliminate fire" makes this more difficult.

i still maintain that by association, looker is the most likely lickety partner; but im a bit anxious about making that as a definite call, t3 could have easily been bussing.
~
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 951, Pavowski wrote:
In post 950, Roden wrote:
Not necessarily. Fire/ice kills could cancel out.

I agree with your thinking tho
I'm assuming scum understand the massive advantage they have so I'm just going to speak freely here.

Let's imagine we elim an Ice Mafia today. That makes it 1-1-4. Scum wins if they each kill one townie, since they can have a dual victory if they eliminate/endgame town. They would have to coordinate the kill to achieve this though.

So, what's preventing Fire and Ice teams from coordinating the kill once they secure an elim that isn't the Fire team? With no CPR Doc, Mafia can freely coordinate during twilight and there's nothing we can do about it.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by mc esther »

adding to "bingle was by far the most aggressive in lickety's defense", there's this very out-of-place vote that never seems to go anywhere and he never really seems to push.
In post 765, LicketyQuickety wrote:VOTE: Bingle

Let's try something spicy.
~
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by DArby »

I could see Bings being the partner.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Roden »

Yeah I agree that Bingle looks worse in the aftermath of the LQ flip. There's also the fact that Bingle was pretty widely town read, arguably even more than GL, but wasn't NK'd. However, Fire killed GL, and Bingle was pushing pretty hard against GL all game. Looker would've had to ignored that after replacing in, saw his slot was town read, and saw GL as a bigger threat than a conftown.

I know from the time I was partnered with LQ that his scum play is to distance from and fake appealing to his scum buddy. So I think there is a meta case here as well.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 957, Roden wrote:distance from and fake appealing to his scum buddy
i think the vote i quoted is a pretty clear case of distancing, but idk what do you specifically mean here? i dont really understand "distancing" and "appealing to" as compatible attitudes to display towards a player.
~
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Auro »

From my PoV, find 2 town out of 5.
I think MC Esther is one.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Auro »

Game theoretically optimal for an Ice team mafia member to claim and lead the kill if they want to force chances of a win, as opposed to chances of a draw.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 952, Roden wrote:Tbh I'm wondering why I'm still alive when neither scum team tried to kill Enchant.
As conftown, you're a pretty obvious target, and I guess you won the wifom game
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by T3 »

vla 3 days, possibly until friday/b]
gotta study for my calc final
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by T3 »

esther, can you please report your case on me because i genuinely can't find it when skimming through your iso
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 953, mc esther wrote:oh, yeah okay, "must eliminate fire" makes this more difficult.

i still maintain that by association, looker is the most likely lickety partner; but im a bit anxious about making that as a definite call, t3 could have easily been bussing.
yeah,
i could

but is it likely?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 958, mc esther wrote:
In post 957, Roden wrote:distance from and fake appealing to his scum buddy
i think the vote i quoted is a pretty clear case of distancing, but idk what do you specifically mean here? i dont really understand "distancing" and "appealing to" as compatible attitudes to display towards a player.
By fake appealing, I mean pretending to argue and convince your scum buddy to believe you.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 961, Pavowski wrote:
In post 952, Roden wrote:Tbh I'm wondering why I'm still alive when neither scum team tried to kill Enchant.
I suppose. I'm just concerned another reason I was kept alive was that I had town in my PoE. It could also be because I had scum in my town reads and they thought it was better to keep me alive, which would point to Bingle and T3.
In post 964, T3 wrote:
In post 953, mc esther wrote:oh, yeah okay, "must eliminate fire" makes this more difficult.

yeah,
i could

but is it likely?
Honestly this just seems like a scum interaction. Ice team secures their win by bussing today and T3 seems to purposely trying to look scummy here.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by T3 »

how is that post scummy?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 967, T3 wrote:how is that post scummy?
In what universe do you think "yeah I could have bussed but is it likely" is a townie thing to say? You're practically daring us to scum read you. Why would your only defense be that it isn't likely that you bussed? Especially when you aren't even giving actual reasons for why you wouldn't have bussed there.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 966, Roden wrote:
In post 961, Pavowski wrote:
I suppose. I'm just concerned another reason I was kept alive was that I had town in my PoE. It could also be because I had scum in my town reads and they thought it was better to keep me alive, which would point to Bingle and T3.
In post 964, T3 wrote:

yeah,
i could

but is it likely?
Honestly this just seems like a scum interaction. Ice team secures their win by bussing today and T3 seems to purposely trying to look scummy here.
Maybe I am dumb but I think the benefit of limming a conftown slot is worth more than its weight in wifom over your reads list

Then again, you're still here, so...
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 968, Roden wrote:
In post 967, T3 wrote:how is that post scummy?
In what universe do you think "yeah I could have bussed but is it likely" is a townie thing to say? You're practically daring us to scum read you. Why would your only defense be that it isn't likely that you bussed? Especially when you aren't even giving actual reasons for why you wouldn't have bussed there.
.-.
It's not really my scum playstyle to bus in a situation where I don't have to for gamestate/read reasons (mbos 13).
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by T3 »

I worded that badly.
Scum me probably soft defends LQ until he's flipped. Scum me usually busses only when forced to because I'm widely townread and need to keep the image up. (Mbos 13, Hanahaki, WNT)
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by T3 »

MBOS 13 I was sitting around lean town in nearly everyone's readlist. I had two widely scumread deadweight partners who I kept shielding until I had to bus both of them in ELO or I would go down after them.
Hanhaki, both of my partners scumclaimed for idiotic reasons Day 2 and Day 3, I was widely townread. I deathbussed both of them and endgamed.
WNT I was widely townread. I hard bussed my deadweight partner Day 2 or else it would look slightly suspicious for me.
Those are the 3 examples I can think of off the top of my head.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 963, T3 wrote:esther, can you please report your case on me because i genuinely can't find it when skimming through your iso
it doesnt really matter because you cant talk me out of it, but it's the d2 post-hammer interaction where i quoted your townread on lickety.
~
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Looker »

O wow, this is going to be interesting. The shock was the Doc?

Return to “Completed Open Games”