Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Scorpious »

I can’t for the life of me remember how to snip quotes. Sorry

Re: Nathann’s question about using site mechanics to know who’s online.

In other sites I’ve played on, it’s blatantly against the rules. So it struck me as off. I don’t think it’s AI,

As far as skimming goes. Depends on the context. I would think a replacement would want to read as critically as possible.skimming to catch up in a game you’ve already been active in is much different.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Galron »

Greeting I think it would be a good idea if you would give us some of those reads you said you had. It would probably help move the game along.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Galron »

Scorpious, highlight what you want to quote and then hit the quote button.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:41 am

Post by Galron »

In post 460, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Actually, no. 332

They proposed you were town because you were too abrasive in some posts (which I'd argue not but that's less important here). 294

17 minutes later, votes you. 296

And then 5 more minutes pass, they propose that you are pocketing Greeting when they've not even interacted with your posts on Greeting, or Greeting themselves. 298

The progression reads as fabricated because the first post is to base one quote off of. Furthermore, there's no rationale for what actually is abrasive and how that contains town-motivation, so it's filler.

There's no context between that and them actually voting you, and from what the following rationale is, it's based on your interaction with one player... but why can't Galron/Greeting be scum theatre? Pocketing isn't solely a scum tactic, so why can't it be town?

It reads like a TMI or protection of either you or Greeting.

Finally, to suggest that there is no relation by inquiry feels like a deflection from the question. All of their posts here were about you, Galron, and yet when asked on the progression of otherwise contradicting viewpoints, they have nothing to provide.

Being Mafia is a likely explanation for this behavior.
I get this. What do you think of that post where they say that yes they are lurking? It seems almost tstbs.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Galron »

In post 469, RH9 wrote:@Cook VC please?
Thank you in advance.
Why are you holding on to your vote?

Also, Jacket, why the unvote?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Galron »

In post 467, RH9 wrote:You should know. Galron voted you in D6 for it. I don't want to be misread or misinterpreted. I want the truth to be revealed.
But RH9 you said you were afraid to sound ott defensive. When I voted Taly in that Ronald Reagan game, he sounded ott defensive, and he was, indeed, scum. Really if you're town you shouldn't be worrying about what you're sounding like.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Nathann »

Right, this game exists.
In post 474, Nathann wrote:This post feels like busywork... I think any votes on ADSE are pretty self-explainatory at this stage of the game, have you seen their slot?
I know this was a rhetorical question, but I'd still like a comment, Scorpious. Why did you ask him to explain the ADSE vote? Were you actually expecting anything from it?
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 474, Nathann wrote:I'm not sure I like this post, coupled with the vote on RH9 in the previous one. It seems like he's saying that he feels like this isn't the case with active scum and apathetic town, but then he votes one of the more active slots? Not saying that he can't have scumreads inside active players if that's his general view on the gamestate, but it feels odd considering he didn't elaborate on it at all.
I think you're misinterpreting my point here. Which is probably my fault for not being explicit enough.

I would characterize the following slots as not doing enough to be readable, as of the time I replaced in:

A50
ADSE
Not_Mafia
STD
StrangeMatter

Now, they obviously can't all be scum. But there's probably scum in there, because it does not feel like a game where scum are running the show, and I felt like the people talking were townie enough. (hopefully, anyway - bit me in my ass in my last game, but that was a case where scum were active but just letting the town eat itself alive).

To me those slots were basically all a dart throw. Acceptable compromise but pretty much a blind guess when it comes to whether or not they're scum.

The one player I
did
have a scumread on was RH9, so I chose to push there, rather than someone who was more inactive and nullish.

As it is, I'm doubting myself on that push anyway.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 479, Galron wrote:Also, Jacket, why the unvote?
He said a thing I don't think comes from scum.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Galron »

In post 480, Galron wrote:
In post 467, RH9 wrote:You should know. Galron voted you in D6 for it. I don't want to be misread or misinterpreted. I want the truth to be revealed.
But RH9 you said you were afraid to sound ott defensive. When I voted Taly in that Ronald Reagan game, he sounded ott defensive, and he was, indeed, scum. Really if you're town you shouldn't be worrying about what you're sounding like.
And you saying you don't want to sound defensive, well it sounds defensive.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 477, Galron wrote:Scorpious, highlight what you want to quote and then hit the quote button.
Thanks, still having issues, maybe a phone thing. No worries though. I’ll figure it out.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Nathann »

I dig . Maybe the one thing I'd disagree with is the StrangeMatter townread, but hey, I'm not married to my suspicion there.
In post 434, Scorpious wrote:I think Jacket replaced in. Got his red pm, and was totally lost because SF had like 2 posts. So he skimmed looking for any mention
Of SF and much to his dismay, found nothing, and is having a tough time generating content because of it. This slot feels… sus, but I’m just a boomer trying to talk like the cool kids.
Why would he be having a tough time generating content specifically because of nobody mentioning Salsabil?

What is . Why is Jacket being voted because of
that

Oh hey, Save The Dragons is in this game. He's feeling much lower energy than I remember seeing town!him last time we played together. Might actually be scum there.

I just sneezed 3 times in a row, fucking hell.
In post 455, Greeting wrote:
In post 454, Jacket wrote:Wait...for what, exactly? It's 4 and a half days to the deadline.
For more info. You think that’s little time? To me this means I have at least two more days until final wagons are forming.
I won't go into detail on why this is very newbish and antitown behaviour, but I do want an explanation on why you don't want to out your reads now. Or more specifically, why do you not want them to influence the game and/or for others to potentially correct them. This "I'll wait until there's wagons formed and
then
I will actually play" stance is impossible to tell apart from not having stances at all.

RH9, do you have any reads? All your recent posts feel like talking about nothing.
In post 460, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:They proposed you [Galron] were town because you were too abrasive in some posts (which I'd argue not but that's less important here).
Incorrect, they proposed Scorpious was town for abrasiveness.

Hm, is Jacket doing that tell when someone replaces into a scum slot and then shades their predecessor? The Amished or something? Could be. Not sure I have much of a read on Jacket otherwise.

Okay, I'm up to where I started posting. Yay.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 482, Jacket wrote:As it is, I'm doubting myself on that push anyway.
Okay, fair enough. Mind telling me what's got you doubting this push now? In my readthrough of the last few pages, I got the feeling RH9 has gotten worse, not better.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Galron »

In post 486, Nathann wrote:Incorrect, they proposed Scorpious was town for abrasiveness.
Good catch.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Galron »

Seems like ADSE would have corrected that.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

my activity level is almost never AI
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Nathann »

Okay, give some content then?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:39 am

i'm not a trained monkey
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Nathann »

Okay, you remain a scumread then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:52 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:23 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 483, Jacket wrote:
In post 479, Galron wrote:Also, Jacket, why the unvote?
He said a thing I don't think comes from scum.
Alright I'm back, I've been way too disconnected from this game much like last time.

Can you walk me through what you think doesn't come from scum, and why?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:33 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

About RH9 if anyone's asking who is this about. Forgot to mention that.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:14 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Ngl I like both jacket and three on rep in.
STD still town.

Poe is something like ADSE (not an activity based read)
NM
RH9
SM

If that doesn't contain all scum then deepwolf is probably like Galron or something but isn't a day 1 elim or day 2 barring some invest info.

Nathan and greeting are untouchables while I'm alive. STD behind them and CB behind that.

I had SM as town at some point I'll have to revisit that read.

I'll give the content I have down out closer to eod and if I'm still around day 2 I'll actually get to some solves town can use in my absence but right now with no guarantee of a protective I'm not really inclined to make hard lines day 1 since it could inadvertently create shields for scum to hide behind.

That k you for coming to my Ted talk.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:17 am

Post by RCEnigma »

That content will mostly be explaining why ADSE is scum and why slots like STD Cupcake and Greeting are town. Just because they seem like some of the less sorted slots by the rest of town fmpov. I do want to look deeper into the Scorpius wagon. I've been iffy on his slot but his wagon doesn't give me good feelings in a general sense. I don't have a why on that feeling right now though.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:47 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 474, Nathann wrote:Okay, I'm somewhat alive, let's see.
In post 373, Jacket wrote:The generalized gamestate take is in a game as sluggish as this one there's probably a handful of scum in the low-content slots but sorting them is impossible unless they actually start contributing it's more or less a crapshoot. There are situations where it can be active scum while town is apathetic and lurks it out, but it feels like there's a little too much discord between the active players for that to be the case.
I'm not sure I like this post, coupled with the vote on RH9 in the previous one. It seems like he's saying that he feels like this
isn't
the case with active scum and apathetic town, but then he votes one of the more active slots? Not saying that he can't have scumreads inside active players if that's his general view on the gamestate, but it feels odd considering he didn't elaborate on it at all.

I find the wiki links in very funny. Gut is telling me this is townie taking the piss. I know my gut's not to be trusted there, but it's funny.
In post 399, Scorpious wrote:
In post 393, RH9 wrote:And Three, how's reading going? I notice that you're online but you haven't posted so I am assuming that you are reading.
I don’t like when people do this. So am Into assume you are keeping tabs on everyone like this?
Does this "not like" mean "I dislike it but I think it's NAI" or "I find it scummy"?
In post 403, Scorpious wrote:
In post 375, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:VOTE: ADSE
Are we going to get an explanation?
This post feels like busywork... I think any votes on ADSE are pretty self-explainatory at this stage of the game, have you seen their slot?
In post 415, Scorpious wrote:Bells go off in my head when I read “skimmed”. The fact that you are ingesting the game whole and not coming at us with a “read” from a skim makes me lean town on you and scum on Jacket.
Uh oh, I think I said I skimmed earlier...
In post 419, Three wrote:But something I gotta say now is that I don't understand how some players have so many town reads. Because the more I read the more I was just like...how? So many players have scummy tones or are making accusations with nothing to back it up or are making serious votes while giving zero effort in actually getting their scum reads eliminated. It's bizarre.
Considering I'm probably one of those people, I'll answer this for myself - in gamestates like those, where a lot of people appear scummy for certain reasons and there's not much transparent townieness, the bar for a townlean lowers. I mostly do it for my own sanity, since I feel like I need to have
some
townreads to properly function.

Three, do you have any completed scumgames on the site? I'm digging you tonally so far, but you strike me as an experienced player, so I'd like to check that.
In post 420, RH9 wrote:After all, if you don't act too defensive, there is nothing to be too worried about.
What does acting defensive have to do with this whole story?

Three might be right in , seems like a more logical conclusion than mine. Linking posts would at least make the whole thing easier to follow. Hm.

Bottom of page 17, this game is giving me a headache, I will be back in a short while.
First, thanks for the compliment. Secondly, after reading what you said, I now comprehend Three. I will take this advice to heart. And I guess that I was just read everything wrong and thought that we were arguing about my defensiveness. Sorry all. I will read more clearly in the future.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo

Return to “Completed Open Games”