Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by fua »

In post 117, Scorpious wrote:Yeah, I’m not wasting anymore time “defending” myself. How such a weak push gains so much momentum is beyond me. As far as being “defensive”. That’s being manufactured, and people are buying it.I asked some obvious questions that anyone would ask. Good thing is, This train is giving me some information, though.
This post in particular raises a few red flags indicating the latter, but it could just be that I’m not familiar with Scorp’s style of play.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 171, Scorpious wrote:I think I’m starting to remember why I stopped playing here. You don’t allow people to play how they want without making them suffer for it.
All I’m getting here is a bunch of people that are familiar with one another.You all have a zillion alts and are so comfortable in your ways, when someone comes and plays a different way, you throw wagons in their face. Then you mis-whatever you call it now and laugh about it.

I guess that’s why it took this game 3 weeks to fill up after I signed up,because not enough site regulars wanted to play.
can only speak for myself, but... the only person here who i'd say i'm tight with here is jackson who isn't really around yet. i've played with egix, andres & uglyduck (none of them in a long-ass time :P) and read a few games t3 has been in. afaict people are putting in the miles to work out where you're coming from, and you're chosing to bemoan being voted + perceived clique culture instead of respond? i had no issue with the way you approached the game. i'm seeking to understand where you're coming from.

genuinely curious about your mindset wrt points raised in 142.
In post 167, the worst wrote:
In post 144, Scorpious wrote:
In post 142, Retti wrote:And why the unvote?
still my RVS
the gamestate of day one only changes if people are making reads and pushing others. unvoting means youre inadvertently freezing the gamestate - any reason you elected to unvote rather than vote somewhere else?

I'm seeing intent to self defend from you (you dont want to be eliminated), I'm seeing some very safe townreads from you, I'm seeing a vague "there's scum in [retti, natalya, t3]" from you -- but your vote isnt following thru on the noises you're making.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by fua »

In post 174, Scorpious wrote:
In post 170, Natalya wrote:~*hugs duckie*~
In post 173, fua wrote:Scorp’s last post seems like genuine frustration, but I can’t tell whether it’s frustration at being tunneled as a townie or scum upset that they got caught out of nowhere.
In post 170, Natalya wrote:~*hugs duckie*~
Case in point.
How is it a case in point? I’ve literally been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking simple questions like who you scumread and you’re not following through.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 171, Scorpious wrote:I think I’m starting to remember why I stopped playing here. You don’t allow people to play how they want without making them suffer for it.
All I’m getting here is a bunch of people that are familiar with one another.You all have a zillion alts and are so comfortable in your ways, when someone comes and plays a different way, you throw wagons in their face. Then you mis-whatever you call it now and laugh about it.

I guess that’s why it took this game 3 weeks to fill up after I signed up,because not enough site regulars wanted to play.
In post 172, the worst wrote:
In post 63, T3 wrote:+1
Andante comes across as very genuine and inquisitive. Her questioning of Natalya feels like a Town who wants to get the game forward, which is congruent with her earlier statements.
Natalya... idk? It's hard to separate the fluff from readable content. The one thing that stuck out to me was . From what I've seen there's a general sentiment from players who have played with me before that I'm hard to read. From this, Natalya is lean town. It's also possible that Natalya was reaction testing Scorpious, in which case she's even more towny.
Retti is a (possible) scumread. His point about Natalya in is eerily similar to reasoning I've used as scum before to justifly shade on someone immediately after RVS. In FIA WRC, another player hyped up a tone scumread on a newbie. Scum me immediately shaded that player and got an early wagon on them. The reason I say possibly, is because Retti isn't me, and this might be a legitimate tell town him uses.
Scorpious is nullscum. His reaction to Natalya's 'scumread' was bad but I want to excuse it as an older player coming back to the site and feeling out-of-place with the site meta.
t3 i know this post has copped some heat but it's also been sticking in my mind

you're v/la atm and i'm going to define your playstyle as like, nonchalant, and i don't think you'll find that offensive. what inspired you to put your limited time into posting a flashy but really half-baked read post on page 3 of a game? & you've cited two scumreads, one loose townlean read, and one townread here; why are you keeping your vote on your single townread?
It helped me get my thoughts in the thread better. That's really it.
I agree with fua about Scorp's post.
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Natalya »

I just like cute animals :(

I don't think I'm familiar with most of the people in this player list even on my main account.

I'm sorry you feel that I'm bullying you in a cliquish way, I really didn't intend to do that.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 175, fua wrote:
In post 117, Scorpious wrote:Yeah, I’m not wasting anymore time “defending” myself. How such a weak push gains so much momentum is beyond me. As far as being “defensive”. That’s being manufactured, and people are buying it.I asked some obvious questions that anyone would ask. Good thing is, This train is giving me some information, though.
This post in particular raises a few red flags indicating the latter, but it could just be that I’m not familiar with Scorp’s style of play.
He isn't a site regular so
I'll give it a pass.
. I think it's best if we read Scorp based on content alone ATP. This is because his emotion is genuine, and as follows, NAI.
I get a feling that worst is genuinely trying to sort me but that's just a vibe I get for now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by the worst »

t3 if you had like, a reflexive vig shot that you had to use in the next
10 seconds after you finish reading this post!!!
who would you shoot?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by T3 »

egix
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: egix
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: egix yolo
unless worst is trying to pocket me
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by the worst »

I am
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 129, Retti wrote:
In post 119, Andante wrote:wow... Oman town, I don't see scum putting in that much effort this early
What about the effort did you like, exactly?
I retract 119, I didn't actually read the giant post, there's something that feels off about an Omin post I just read tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 143, Scorpious wrote:
In post 141, Retti wrote:
In post 127, Scorpious wrote:
In post 125, Retti wrote:
...information, such as?
Votes, and positions on the train.
I don't get what that is supposed to mean? Like, I would have assumed you were getting reads on the people pushing you, but you haven't really done that, in fact you gave a null/don't know stance on two of them so I have no idea what you're actually doing with this information.
So Natalya votes me based on.. I guess my joke vote.. whatever. As stated. I’ve never seen that. I’m also assuming not many others have as well. Then i ask, standard questions and get accused of being “explainy” and “defensive”.

This person obviously has some sort of clout to expect others to just buy into it. Eg-
The recruitment “attempt” toward Adente.

I look at this as a site regular with a bit of an ego expecting the train to go where they want it.
Could mean 2 things:
1. They feel they nailed scum, the ego won’t let them be wrong, and they are trying to solve.

Or

2.This person knows the player list and picked out a name they aren’t familiar with and
Decided to go the aggressive route. I feel this may be true because they have cut the legs out of anything I have said by calling it “defensive”. Or the latest question of why I wouldn’t vote someone for a post I didn’t like.

All I know as fact is that this person has decided they are going to focus on me, they have offered next to nothing on anyone else.

With all that said. I’m looking for the opportunistic votes here. Egix’s
Was bad but there are 12 days before deadline. So
Much time to formulate reads.
This post is so long, but, instead of studying for tomorrow's final, I have read it. Normally I'm all "long post = town" early game, but the reasoning behind this, like, yes Natalya started a random wagon on you, it's kind like, ok who cares? your reaction here...

> Decided to go the aggressive route. I feel this may be true because they have cut the legs out of anything I have said by calling it “defensive”. Or the latest question of why I wouldn’t vote someone for a post I didn’t like.

Like, I may have missed it, but I haven't really seen anything aggressive? I mean, I feel like in the end we're all here to have fun/a good time, so if you feel like any engagement with Natalya is aggressive, you're more than welcome to just not engage?

> All I know as fact is that this person has decided they are going to focus on me, they have offered next to nothing on anyone else.
There's not much happening in general. It feels like you're just super focused on this cause hey, RVS wagons pressure people, and supposedly everyone works best under pressure!! Pressure really isn't my method of choice, but I'm not able to be around as much as I'd like right now to do stuff my way.

Like, I could this coming from either town or scum, cause scum!Scorp would be like "this is dumb! yeah I'm scum but the reasoning sucks behind this" and town!Scorp would be like "The wagon on me is bad, people aren't trying, no one's listening to what I say"

idk, catching up, thought I'd react to this though, and hey, here's my first "true piece of content" for yall
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 145, Retti wrote:Are you often slow to form reads/do anything with your vote on day 1? I don't understand what you're doing right now.
What's the rush? I don't understand why you're expecting actual reads from someone so far, like, I could see 1 or 2 TRs, or slight SRs, but typically people out stuff when they have it, and if you pressure them, they'll just say whatever
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 147, T3 wrote:
In post 111, Egix96 wrote:
In post 106, Natalya wrote:
In post 85, Scorpious wrote:
In post 84, Andante wrote:I mean, so far I'm liking Natalya, not gonna lie
I am too, I really like that opening, even if I was the random target.

This feels like a weird thing for him to say given how many questions he has posed towards me.

I'm not sure what the point of him questioning me is if he thinks I'm town.
I agree with this and the subsequent posts.
VOTE: Scorpious
Interesting. This seems to me like scum just blatantly sheeping someone's read in order to lay low. I may be wrong, but I believe that Egix is sometimes frozen scum?
I think I agree with T3 (lol I've never said that before) Egix is definitely becoming a SR of mine
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 151, Natalya wrote:
In post 139, Scorpious wrote:How so? I’m not going to vote someone every time they do something I don’t like..

How do you view this post?

I think it makes sense for town!you to vote for someone if you think they made "the worst post of the game" rather than keep your vote on your RVS which means really nothing.

The fact that you don't really see your vote as a tool to pressure/attack people that you suspect makes me think you are not very interested in scumhunting.
Uhh what? you SR someone for not voting? I mean, my method of scumhunting doesn't typically involve talking with my vote? Like, engaging with people and talking to them is better than just a simple (Vote X)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 158, Egix96 wrote:
In post 147, T3 wrote:
In post 111, Egix96 wrote:
In post 106, Natalya wrote:
In post 85, Scorpious wrote:
In post 84, Andante wrote:I mean, so far I'm liking Natalya, not gonna lie
I am too, I really like that opening, even if I was the random target.

This feels like a weird thing for him to say given how many questions he has posed towards me.

I'm not sure what the point of him questioning me is if he thinks I'm town.
I agree with this and the subsequent posts.
VOTE: Scorpious
Interesting. This seems to me like scum just blatantly sheeping someone's read in order to lay low. I may be wrong, but I believe that Egix is sometimes frozen scum?
Nah, just low engagement because there really isn't all that much happening so far
Ok, but by this point, Scorp hasn't had low engagement, in fact it looks to be quite the opposite?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 165, the worst wrote:Andante is literally my favourite poster ive ever seen in my entire life. Good vote.
Ahhhhh I love this!!! <3

Also (I love the Snuggly Duckling:) )
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 168, the worst wrote:VOTE: Scorpius E-2

Fua & Andante are town. Retti probationary town. Oman is too lucid and considered and I'm scared to have a read on them.
What made you decide to put Scorp on E-2?
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Natalya »

In post 190, Andante wrote:Uhh what? you SR someone for not voting? I mean, my method of scumhunting doesn't typically involve talking with my vote? Like, engaging with people and talking to them is better than just a simple (Vote X)

I think when people's vote movement deviates from their stance in thread that it's a scumtell.

Because a vote is something that's important for a town player as it's the only thing we have to use to find the scum so we tend to use it liberally and slap people around with it.

Whereas a vote is something that's scary to use for a scum player as it leaves a trail of evidence that the town can later use to decipher your intentions etc if you are found out.

I'm saying that I think it's more likely Scorp is scum because he didn't use his vote to express his opinion, rather he kept his vote on his RVS instead.

I think Egix would be a great place to vote for pressure and to get more information as he hasn't really posted very much : )
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 173, fua wrote:Scorp’s last post seems like genuine frustration, but I can’t tell whether it’s frustration at being tunneled as a townie or scum upset that they got caught out of nowhere.
I don't think that frustration is alignment indicative,

And Scorp, in response to "we all know each other" I literally don't know anyone here, just recognize some people from past games I've played, and I'm me, and if people don't like it? not my problem! Scorp, you got this, just play how you play, I honestly like your lines so far, and as far as I can tell, there's like maybe 1-2 people "casing" (idk if I'd call it that) you and the others are just sheep on the wagon. Fam! you got this!!! I'm here for a good time, I assume you are to, and if you're town, we'll find maf, and if you're maf, we'll find your partners!!
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Azaariah »

well i was going to say i thought i had a play style clash with andante but now i think we should just vote her out now because i was certain she was scum in my last game with her. i backed out of it and she just endgamed as scum. i need to read this game again with that in mind but my initial thoughts were that andante was scum here but that was under the assumption that she was town in the other game which is not true.

i spent a lot of time meta'ing andante for my last game and i can confirm none of her town tells showed up in her last game, but i still believed she was town off other things, so i'll have to give this game a good read when i have more time later.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Azaariah »

my initial thoughts were that andante seemed very explain-y, overexplain-y but i wasn't reading closely so i'll give that a reassessment probably sometime tomorrow.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 194, Natalya wrote:
In post 190, Andante wrote:Uhh what? you SR someone for not voting? I mean, my method of scumhunting doesn't typically involve talking with my vote? Like, engaging with people and talking to them is better than just a simple (Vote X)

I think when people's vote movement deviates from their stance in thread that it's a scumtell.

Because a vote is something that's important for a town player as it's the only thing we have to use to find the scum so we tend to use it liberally and slap people around with it.

Whereas a vote is something that's scary to use for a scum player as it leaves a trail of evidence that the town can later use to decipher your intentions etc if you are found out.

I'm saying that I think it's more likely Scorp is scum because he didn't use his vote to express his opinion, rather he kept his vote on his RVS instead.

I think Egix would be a great place to vote for pressure and to get more information as he hasn't really posted very much : )
I mean, I can't speak for others, but half the time I literally forget where my vote is,
> Scorp is scum because he didn't use his vote to express his opinion, rather he kept his vote on his RVS instead.
This just genuinely makes no sense to me, like, surely you know everyone has different playstyles. I think I'm still voting T3 yet just said I agree with T3, so am I now scum? I didn't change my vote to a SR...

Also, just like a general fact, getting people to E-2 is not the best method to get people to talk, I've never seen a situation in which good has come from "voting people specifically for pressure" like, I know I freak out and can't think straight when wagoned, so if you wagon people, they show up, go "oh crap! E-2!!!" and everyone is yelling "Give me your reads!!" yeah... maybe voting others has worked for you in the past, but SRing people for not voting? It's literally day 1, not much has happened, game is basically just starting, sure if it's late game and stuff isn't happening, then maybe??
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 196, Azaariah wrote:well i was going to say i thought i had a play style clash with andante but now i think we should just vote her out now because i was certain she was scum in my last game with her. i backed out of it and she just endgamed as scum.
LMAOOOO You just need to be a little more confident in your reads!!! You were right on me and T3, yet you let us talk you out of it :P I'm not scum here though, so let's not vote me out :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”