Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 187, Andante wrote:idk, catching up, thought I'd react to this though, and hey, here's my first "true piece of content" for yall
i think like, ~assertively null~ is about where i landed on that post from scorp as well. it could go either way and i think i'd rather see scorp's analysis on others than see scorp's reaction to being wagoned more.

i have thoughts on your next post but won't speak for retti so will shelve that.
In post 190, Andante wrote:
In post 151, Natalya wrote:
In post 139, Scorpious wrote:How so? I’m not going to vote someone every time they do something I don’t like..

How do you view this post?

I think it makes sense for town!you to vote for someone if you think they made "the worst post of the game" rather than keep your vote on your RVS which means really nothing.

The fact that you don't really see your vote as a tool to pressure/attack people that you suspect makes me think you are not very interested in scumhunting.
Uhh what? you SR someone for not voting? I mean, my method of scumhunting doesn't typically involve talking with my vote? Like, engaging with people and talking to them is better than just a simple (Vote X)
i agree.
do you think it's a playstyle difference between natalya & scorpious or do you think natalya is pushing scorpious opportunistically?
In post 193, Andante wrote:
In post 168, the worst wrote:VOTE: Scorpius E-2

Fua & Andante are town. Retti probationary town. Oman is too lucid and considered and I'm scared to have a read on them.
What made you decide to put Scorp on E-2?
i'm a punk who does as they please :cool:
mmm originally it was a whim. i like big wagons, and i was curious to see if anything else happened. it lost a lot of interest to me when scorp made the post abt clique culture etc.
In post 196, Azaariah wrote:well i was going to say i thought i had a play style clash with andante but now i think we should just vote her out now because i was certain she was scum in my last game with her. i backed out of it and she just endgamed as scum. i need to read this game again with that in mind but my initial thoughts were that andante was scum here but that was under the assumption that she was town in the other game which is not true.

i spent a lot of time meta'ing andante for my last game and i can confirm none of her town tells showed up in her last game, but i still believed she was town off other things, so i'll have to give this game a good read when i have more time later.
oh heck yeah i love a spicy read. my townread on andante is like, super lazy and premature, but i do think she's advancing the gamestate in a way that tends towards clarity rather than deception. i'm reading tea leaves here tho.

hope you don't mind me being granular. from meta analysis, do you think there's a particular mindset we should be looking for from andante to indicate her alignment? what struck you as different here (even if it's just like, a sentence or some gut feeling, what sparked that feeling?)

a game of 13 is usually 10:3 which means voting someone out because they're hard to read flips scum ~23% of the time. voting someone out because they randed scum works 100% of the time. so i'd rather vote out scum in this game, than vote out skilled scum players. :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 197, Azaariah wrote:my initial thoughts were that andante seemed very explain-y, overexplain-y but i wasn't reading closely so i'll give that a reassessment probably sometime tomorrow.
ah i didn't see this in preview edit. i'm holding my breath for tomorrow. :P
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 196, Azaariah wrote:i spent a lot of time meta'ing andante for my last game and i can confirm none of her town tells showed up in her last game, but i still believed she was town off other things, so i'll have to give this game a good read when i have more time later.
Let's not meta me.... Like, just look at the context of the game.. I promise you, I get very clear on my alignment as the game goes on. And you have a much better use of your time right now by just looking at the context of the game, surely you have some thoughts on someone other than me?
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.4

Scorpious(4)
~ (25), (3), (3), (24)

T3(3)
~ (41), (19), (5)
Egix96(2)
~ (14), (16)
UglyDuck(1)
~ (2)
Andresvmb(1)
~ (2)
Andante(1)
~ (4)

Not Voting (1): (35)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-21 15:28:22)

MOD REMINDERSMulti-mod ISO: viewtopic.php?t=88352&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

FLAVOR
rEINDEER
GeorgeBailey
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Andante »

Sorry for the million catchup posts, I honestly didn't even intend on talking here, but got sick of staring at notes, so was like, ok.. game time it is!!

Spoiler: Post 200 that I'm responding to:
In post 200, the worst wrote:
In post 187, Andante wrote:idk, catching up, thought I'd react to this though, and hey, here's my first "true piece of content" for yall
i think like, ~assertively null~ is about where i landed on that post from scorp as well. it could go either way and i think i'd rather see scorp's analysis on others than see scorp's reaction to being wagoned more.

i have thoughts on your next post but won't speak for retti so will shelve that.
In post 139, Scorpious wrote:How so? I’m not going to vote someone every time they do something I don’t like..

I think it makes sense for town!you to vote for someone if you think they made "the worst post of the game" rather than keep your vote on your RVS which means really nothing.

The fact that you don't really see your vote as a tool to pressure/attack people that you suspect makes me think you are not very interested in scumhunting.
Uhh what? you SR someone for not voting? I mean, my method of scumhunting doesn't typically involve talking with my vote? Like, engaging with people and talking to them is better than just a simple (Vote X)
i agree.
do you think it's a playstyle difference between natalya & scorpious or do you think natalya is pushing scorpious opportunistically?
In post 193, Andante wrote:
In post 168, the worst wrote:VOTE: Scorpius E-2

Fua & Andante are town. Retti probationary town. Oman is too lucid and considered and I'm scared to have a read on them.
What made you decide to put Scorp on E-2?
i'm a punk who does as they please :cool:
mmm originally it was a whim. i like big wagons, and i was curious to see if anything else happened. it lost a lot of interest to me when scorp made the post abt clique culture etc.
In post 196, Azaariah wrote:well i was going to say i thought i had a play style clash with andante but now i think we should just vote her out now because i was certain she was scum in my last game with her. i backed out of it and she just endgamed as scum. i need to read this game again with that in mind but my initial thoughts were that andante was scum here but that was under the assumption that she was town in the other game which is not true.

i spent a lot of time meta'ing andante for my last game and i can confirm none of her town tells showed up in her last game, but i still believed she was town off other things, so i'll have to give this game a good read when i have more time later.
oh heck yeah i love a spicy read. my townread on andante is like, super lazy and premature, but i do think she's advancing the gamestate in a way that tends towards clarity rather than deception. i'm reading tea leaves here tho.

hope you don't mind me being granular. from meta analysis, do you think there's a particular mindset we should be looking for from andante to indicate her alignment? what struck you as different here (even if it's just like, a sentence or some gut feeling, what sparked that feeling?)

a game of 13 is usually 10:3 which means voting someone out because they're hard to read flips scum ~23% of the time. voting someone out because they randed scum works 100% of the time. so i'd rather vote out scum in this game, than vote out skilled scum players. :P

> i think like, ~assertively null~ is about where i landed on that post from scorp as well. it could go either way and i think i'd rather see scorp's analysis on others than see scorp's reaction to being wagoned more.
* I mean, Scorp reacted about as well as I would react in that same situation, you can't really analyze others when you're being pushed for something super minor, like, we'd all love to see more analysis on whoever from everyone, but playstyles, we all have different methods of catching scum.

> do you think it's a playstyle difference between natalya & scorpious or do you think natalya is pushing scorpious opportunistically?
* I'm still undecided exactly, but I'm more inclined to believe stuff isn't of bad faith, and just genuinely people being themselves, like, I'm trying to decided if Natalya wanted to keep pushing Scorp for thesake of pushing, or if she genuinely believes in her vote theory thing?

> i'm a punk who does as they please :cool:
* So the genuine frustration (which 100% can come from either alignment) changed your mind, but that was it? like, what are your thoughts on the whole "Natalya SRs Scorp for not voting" cause I think that's like the only legit reason for the wagon, and everyone else is voting to vote cause "we're not allowed to vote no one"

> my townread on andante is like, super lazy and premature, but i do think she's advancing the gamestate in a way that tends towards clarity rather than deception.
* lol good answer. Like, I see all the "Andante town" being said, but I literally didn't do much before this catchup

* I wouldn't rely on meta to read me, just saying, like, I am a very strong mafia player, town game is... needs work, but I have off site experience, and always get compliments on my maf game :P but also just like, I haven't played much mafia recently, sooo let's not solely go off meta lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Andante »

LMAOOO I SERIOUSLY LOVE THESE CREATURES, like, 1000/10 flavor this game, how does one even find snek doggo, or this "reindeer" lmaooo all these are making me laugh so much
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 197, Azaariah wrote:my initial thoughts were that andante seemed very explain-y, overexplain-y but i wasn't reading closely so i'll give that a reassessment probably sometime tomorrow.

This is the second time I’m seeing this “explainy” word..

Please define it when you return tomorrow?

I’d like to know, in your words what it means.

And why is it bad?

Pedit- the rEINDEER is nothing short of genius :)
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 206, Scorpious wrote:

This is the second time I’m seeing this “explainy” word..

Please define it when you return tomorrow?

I’d like to know, in your words what it means.

And why is it bad?

Pedit- the rEINDEER is nothing short of genius :)

Oh easy, if I'm explaining "explainy" wrong someone can fix it, but I'm pretty sure I have an idea what Aza is referring to, and it's literally just the fact I use a lot of words when I talk, and I can ramble on about more info that you didn't ask for, thus "explaining too much"
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 186, Andante wrote:
In post 129, Retti wrote:
In post 119, Andante wrote:wow... Oman town, I don't see scum putting in that much effort this early
What about the effort did you like, exactly?
I retract 119, I didn't actually read the giant post, there's something that feels off about an Omin post I just read tbh
>___________________>

Sooo I asked specifically because I see scum do the "long post = town" gloss all the time early in games, because they get lazy and don't want to have to actually engage with the content and while that post was
fine
, it was mostly a lot of quote replies to stuff, which isn't particularly
hard
to do, it was just in one block rather than in a string of 5 posts like I'd do it. It wasn't bad, I in fact liked what he said about the scorpious wagon. However, I wanted to know what
Andante
liked about it, because that post actually had several sections that were critical of Andante, and she just seemingly went "yep good post!!!" at it. Which suggested she didn't really read it, which as I said tends to be a scumtell.

But does scum openly just...admit to not...actually reading? Argh.

Andante, what did you see that feels "off" to you?
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 188, Andante wrote:
In post 145, Retti wrote:Are you often slow to form reads/do anything with your vote on day 1? I don't understand what you're doing right now.
What's the rush? I don't understand why you're expecting actual reads from someone so far, like, I could see 1 or 2 TRs, or slight SRs, but typically people out stuff when they have it, and if you pressure them, they'll just say whatever
Because I am Trying to understand what Scorpious is doing this game, because the more he posts, the more confused I get about what he is doing. After that last rant of his I'm probably going to assume he's getting run up for playstyle differences more than anything alignment indicative and responding negatively to that, shrug my shoulders, and leave him alone.
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Retti »

Cool, towny post, thank god that there's at least one person in this game that's an easy read that doesn't set the paranoid voices in the back of my head off.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Azaariah »

hmm ok so i read some more pages and the only things i've got are that i feel very strongly that retti is town or their playstyle just appeals to me so much that i refuse to believe they could be scum.
i want to believe oman is town
i find scorpius scummy but i don't know if i necessarily think it's coming from scum, if that makes sense
about andante, im going to hold off on that for now. i have thoughts, a lot of them actually, but i dont feel good saying them right now because im sure i'll talk myself out of them and that'll frustrate me very much.
i think i'll just keep waiting for something to really ping me because so far im not really feeling solid on any reads.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Azaariah »

In post 210, Retti wrote:

Cool, towny post, thank god that there's at least one person in this game that's an easy read that doesn't set the paranoid voices in the back of my head off.

well i think that's settled then. can we be given a mason pt please :neutral:
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 137, Oman wrote:
In post 134, Natalya wrote:
In post 128, Retti wrote:I think Natalya probably has ~sincere conviction~ or whatever in her Scorp read, I just don't really think I see it, the questions he asked her are just asking her to explain her reads, which isn't exactly screaming "scum" to me. His response is weird but I would agree with Oman's assessment at the end of that the votes on Scorp after Natalya look opportunistic in nature, which has me not wanting to go in that direction.

A thing that confuses me is that Retti/Oman believe the latter voters on the Scorp wagon to be opportunistic in nature but their votes are on T3, who is not voting for Scorp.
I was pretty explicit about why I made my vote in my post: It's better to have two strong wagons which cause people to move into "camps" and draw lines between each other than for me to vote egrix or whatever.

(I know this comes after the post I responded to you, but I was skimming, then went back to you instead of ignoring)
This one just read weird to me tbh idk, not enough for me to have a strong stance on Oman, but like "It's better to have two strong wagons which cause people to move into "camps" and draw lines between each other than for me to vote egrix or whatever." Who says this, this early in the game? like "ok, time to force wagons on 2 people and see what happens" it's definitely not my method of choice for how to play, but whatever, that post felt off though, idk how to explain.

And yeah, if it's a long post I'll tend to not really read it when skimming the thread, even though I know I produce a lot of long posts, but hey, sometimes you just say whatever, and see what sticks/people try to run with, like I knew I wasn't here for a while, wanted to see if people would jump in like "yep for sure town!!" just like the million TRs on me, like, are you saying it cause you genuinely think I'm town or you saying it cause you wanna try and pocket me, OR are youjust gonna repeat what everyone else says, it's like, yeah.

**So I didn't quote Retti's post, but this is in response to I think the first thing Retti just said, I see there's like 5 posts between them now
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 210, Retti wrote:

See, I read that and was like, ok town, doesn't wanna get tricked by me again, funny. However, if the plan is to ONLY pay attention to me, and blame it on last game, like it'skinda sounding, that's where I get a tad suspicious. ESPECIALLY cause Aza basically started with like "we need to lim Andante to be safe"
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by fua »

In post 200, the worst wrote:

i agree.
Personally? I don't think Natalya's push on Scorpious is opportunistic, given she built it as time went on incorporating new evidence from his posts directly. I do view things like Egix's or Azaariah's votes as opportunistic since there's no coherent line of thought that led them to their decision, but opportunism isn't always alignment-indicative. I'm still scumreading Scorpious, but I would be lying if I said that this wagon wasn't making me feel a little bit uneasy looking it over. I think that at least one of the three I mentioned (Azaariah, Egix, Scorpious) is definitely scum, though.

Still want Scorpious to answer my question on who he scumreads in particular.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 211, Azaariah wrote:about andante, im going to hold off on that for now. i have thoughts, a lot of them actually, but i dont feel good saying them right now because im sure i'll talk myself out of them and that'll frustrate me very much.
It literally sounds like you wanna scumcase me. You had the paragraph on me, THEN went to go read?? Like, yeah if you want me to be scum, you can spin anything I say into it being scummy "omg andante is talking me out of my read on them" like, I'm serious, if that's the plan for this game, I will honestly have no part of that
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 211, Azaariah wrote:hmm ok so i read some more pages and the only things i've got are that i feel very strongly that retti is town or their playstyle just appeals to me so much that i refuse to believe they could be scum.
i want to believe oman is town
i find scorpius scummy but i don't know if i necessarily think it's coming from scum, if that makes sense
about andante, im going to hold off on that for now. i have thoughts, a lot of them actually, but i dont feel good saying them right now because im sure i'll talk myself out of them and that'll frustrate me very much.
i think i'll just keep waiting for something to really ping me because so far im not really feeling solid on any reads.
Surely you didnt time that post specifically to pocket me right after I said I liked your post, right? >_>
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Andante »

You know, Retti has kinda planted a seed in my mind, (not purposefully doing anything) and I almost can't unsee Aza scum in this moment
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Azaariah »

that was a rvs vote if that wasn't clear. i specifically wrote vote: scorpio because i am a scorpio. either way i dont have any scumreads right now so im just leaving that vote there.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Andante »

Like, I genuinely see Aza trying to use last game as a reason to push me here (as if that's gonna work) and use it as an excuse to not share anything about a read on me, like I have 50 posts, and to go "about andante, im going to hold off on that for now. i have thoughts, a lot of them actually, but i dont feel good saying them right now" What? What is the specific reason to hold off on me? So time goes by and you can "forget" or let time pass so you see what others say and go from there? I wanna hear some thought on me please
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by fua »

In post 219, Azaariah wrote:that was a rvs vote if that wasn't clear. i specifically wrote vote: scorpio because i am a scorpio. either way i dont have any scumreads right now so im just leaving that vote there.
No you didn't.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Andante »

Cause later I know you're gonna claim I "talked you out of it" like, come on... like, honestly, I TR myself pretty dang hard right now, Iknow I've been towny, so I'd love to hear how "Andante talks way toomuch, thus she's scum"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Andante »

VOTE: Aza I'm not convinced this is town lol
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by fua »

In post 95, Azaariah wrote:i have some thoughts on the game but won't say them yet VOTE: scorpio
Your 'RVS vote' from page 4.

VOTE: Azaariah

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”