Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 245, Azaariah wrote:
In post 242, Andante wrote:
In post 239, Azaariah wrote:which reads would you like elaborations on?
thoughts on the worst?
they could easily be scum. they're taking on a more guide/mentor character (i tend to associate these with scum) but i get that list mods tend to be that way. beyond that, im not sure because i haven't paid basically any attention to them because most of their posts could swing either way.
mmk fair, Like, there's just this feeling to them, that for me, I think it's maf indicative. Like, everything about them is like "ok, majority is doing this, I agree!" and trying to joke around with like pocketing T3 Called me town in #168 when all I had done up to that point was "RVS SUCKS, LETS MOVE ON" idk, I try not to really out reads unless I'm really feeling them, but I'm kinda really feeling this one
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 248, Natalya wrote:I kind of like Duckie tho.
Ok, please tell me what you like about duckie though, that is related to this game
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 249, Retti wrote:It feels like worst was angling to take advantage of Andante's over the top reaction to Aza there and escalate the tensions between them.

VOTE: the worst
That's exactly what made me go "hold up a second. I think the worst is scum" I went through the ISO, yeah, I can see it for sure
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 244, Andante wrote:the worst, why did you wanna vote Aza?
Cause I know it's not a frozen scum thing, you probably are busy, whenever you are back, I would LOVE an answer to this :)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Andante »

but in the mean time, VOTE: the worst

I'm doing this, and I genuinely have to go back to studying, but have no fear, I shall not forget about this :)
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Azaariah »

In post 250, Andante wrote:
In post 245, Azaariah wrote:
In post 242, Andante wrote:
In post 239, Azaariah wrote:which reads would you like elaborations on?
thoughts on the worst?
they could easily be scum. they're taking on a more guide/mentor character (i tend to associate these with scum) but i get that list mods tend to be that way. beyond that, im not sure because i haven't paid basically any attention to them because most of their posts could swing either way.
mmk fair, Like, there's just this feeling to them, that for me, I think it's maf indicative. Like, everything about them is like "ok, majority is doing this, I agree!" and trying to joke around with like pocketing T3 Called me town in #168 when all I had done up to that point was "RVS SUCKS, LETS MOVE ON" idk, I try not to really out reads unless I'm really feeling them, but I'm kinda really feeling this one
well, i tend to find list mods scummy in general but list mods, especially ones that have been away from mafia for a while, tend to look extra scummy. im not sure how to explain why but that's what i think about this. i mean i think their list mod status plays in with the whole they are a list mod. their town game must be perfect mindset. not exactly that but that overall thought process.
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Natalya »

In post 251, Andante wrote:
In post 248, Natalya wrote:I kind of like Duckie tho.
Ok, please tell me what you like about duckie though, that is related to this game

He feels inquisitive and carefree.
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Natalya »

were you worried I would talk about his cute fuzzy beak?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 227, Retti wrote:
In post 213, Andante wrote:
In post 137, Oman wrote:
In post 134, Natalya wrote:
In post 128, Retti wrote:I think Natalya probably has ~sincere conviction~ or whatever in her Scorp read, I just don't really think I see it, the questions he asked her are just asking her to explain her reads, which isn't exactly screaming "scum" to me. His response is weird but I would agree with Oman's assessment at the end of that the votes on Scorp after Natalya look opportunistic in nature, which has me not wanting to go in that direction.

A thing that confuses me is that Retti/Oman believe the latter voters on the Scorp wagon to be opportunistic in nature but their votes are on T3, who is not voting for Scorp.
I was pretty explicit about why I made my vote in my post: It's better to have two strong wagons which cause people to move into "camps" and draw lines between each other than for me to vote egrix or whatever.

(I know this comes after the post I responded to you, but I was skimming, then went back to you instead of ignoring)
This one just read weird to me tbh idk, not enough for me to have a strong stance on Oman, but like "It's better to have two strong wagons which cause people to move into "camps" and draw lines between each other than for me to vote egrix or whatever." Who says this, this early in the game? like "ok, time to force wagons on 2 people and see what happens" it's definitely not my method of choice for how to play, but whatever, that post felt off though, idk how to explain.

And yeah, if it's a long post I'll tend to not really read it when skimming the thread, even though I know I produce a lot of long posts, but hey, sometimes you just say whatever, and see what sticks/people try to run with, like I knew I wasn't here for a while, wanted to see if people would jump in like "yep for sure town!!" just like the million TRs on me, like, are you saying it cause you genuinely think I'm town or you saying it cause you wanna try and pocket me, OR are youjust gonna repeat what everyone else says, it's like, yeah.

**So I didn't quote Retti's post, but this is in response to I think the first thing Retti just said, I see there's like 5 posts between them now
I mean, that seems like pretty explicitly a playstyle type of post (not that uncommon among older players from what I remember). Doesn't really bother me although I could see someone unfamiliar with old norms being weirded out by it. But it still concerns me that you don't seem to be reading the game critically, like you're giving all these takes but admitting to skimming posts, and like, are you more concerned with Being Here and Having Opinions rather than actually analyzing anything?
what else would you have one do on day 1? what have you done that analyzes the game? what has anyone done?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 173, fua wrote:Scorp’s last post seems like genuine frustration, but I can’t tell whether it’s frustration at being tunneled as a townie or scum upset that they got caught out of nowhere.
I'm 100% in the genuine frustration camp. None of it is giving me "Cornered scum" vibes. Scorpius is one of my strongest townreads right now.
In post 186, Andante wrote:
In post 129, Retti wrote:
In post 119, Andante wrote:wow... Oman town, I don't see scum putting in that much effort this early
What about the effort did you like, exactly?
I retract 119, I didn't actually read the giant post, there's something that feels off about an Omin post I just read tbh
Wow. the worst, this is your fave poster, huh? Andante, you're posting a lot, including a lot of opinions. I think it would help the town as a whole if you actually read stuff before posting thoughts on them, because that's the default assumption: That your opinions are informed by the posts that came before. If that's not true, it makes it really hard for us to engage with the general nature of scumhunting (consistency of opinion, actions as a response to other comments, etc). We're all reading your posts, intently, as cyclonic as they can be. It would be appreciated if you showed us the same respect.
In post 194, Natalya wrote:
In post 190, Andante wrote:Uhh what? you SR someone for not voting? I mean, my method of scumhunting doesn't typically involve talking with my vote? Like, engaging with people and talking to them is better than just a simple (Vote X)

I think when people's vote movement deviates from their stance in thread that it's a scumtell.
I really only agree with this when we're getting to "vote = action" stages. that's not true right now. I could vote you, it puts you at like El-6 or -5 or something. That vote isn't necessarily an active "thing", right? I dunno, again this is absolutely a playstyle differential. I don't always vote for the person I want eliminated, especially this early. I consider stance and votes to be different tools that can deviate.
In post 254, Andante wrote:but in the mean time, VOTE: the worst

I'm doing this, and I genuinely have to go back to studying, but have no fear, I shall not forget about this :)
I'm just quoting this post because it's the last one, nothing about this vote in particular, just generally: There have been 3-4 "wagons" that hit about 3-4 votes each. In each case, momentum has stalled, and pressure has fallen off. In that vein: @JacksonVirgo, do you see enough in either Egix or the worst that you'd like to see the wagon taken further?

(per my last email VOTE: Egix96)
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 235, Retti wrote:
In post 232, the worst wrote:ugh i want to vote azaariah as well
Er, Why?
because I'm finding them noncommittal and I think escalating the pressure against them with three votes within a page would force them to get spicier. :D
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 243, Andante wrote:
In post 232, the worst wrote:ugh i want to vote azaariah as well but i've committed to voting egix to pocket t3. such is life.
Posts like this don't really help me not sr you lol
do it I dare u
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 249, Retti wrote:It feels like worst was angling to take advantage of Andante's over the top reaction to Aza there and escalate the tensions between them.

VOTE: the worst
I mean, correct, but I'm positioning myself centre-conflict because I think Aza needs to be pressed.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by the worst »

y'all are so wise and observant
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 259, Oman wrote:Wow. the worst, this is your fave poster, huh?
yas she has such powerful energy its magnetic.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:57 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

AHHH DUCKYBOI IS HERE AND I HAVE BEEN SLACKING OFF OH NO
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:16 am

Post by the worst »

i see you tactically lurking
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:55 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 191, Andante wrote:
In post 158, Egix96 wrote:
In post 147, T3 wrote:
In post 111, Egix96 wrote:
In post 106, Natalya wrote:
In post 85, Scorpious wrote:
In post 84, Andante wrote:I mean, so far I'm liking Natalya, not gonna lie
I am too, I really like that opening, even if I was the random target.

This feels like a weird thing for him to say given how many questions he has posed towards me.

I'm not sure what the point of him questioning me is if he thinks I'm town.
I agree with this and the subsequent posts.
VOTE: Scorpious
Interesting. This seems to me like scum just blatantly sheeping someone's read in order to lay low. I may be wrong, but I believe that Egix is sometimes frozen scum?
Nah, just low engagement because there really isn't all that much happening so far
Ok, but by this point, Scorp hasn't had low engagement, in fact it looks to be quite the opposite?
No not him, me.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:43 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 161, T3 wrote:What are your thoughts on Natalya/Scorp?
Why are you asking me about the one thing I've stated an opinion on??
But yeah, I'm in the same boat as Retti in thinking that Nat had sincere conviction in that read. Also in her early posts I get the impression that she was eager to dig right into the game which I see as >rand town.
Regarding Scorp, outside of what I already said I agreed with, on a tonal level he feels a bit... idk, stiff? Robotic? (I swear that's not just because of his avatar...) I'm just not seeing what Oman sees in him.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Egix96 »

Retti and TW are townleans for and respectively, feeling good vibes there.
Andante v Azah feels like tvt imo.
At the other end of things, I'm disliking / from fua because it feels like trying to get a cheap "gotcha" on someone.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m back tonight btw.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:51 am

Post by fua »

I don’t see how it’s a cheap ‘gotcha’ when I clearly expressed displeasure with the way the Scorpious wagon formed as well as an intent to change my vote a few posts prior to that.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Azaariah »

i feel really good about andante and retti. i think that andante's replies really confused me in my last game read-wise. i spent a long time thinking about what alignment they came from but these posts here give me an immediate townread on her. retti just feels so towny especially with pointing out that they liked my posts. i dont think this type of nuance is fakable. im now sure that it is play style but they just happened to post something before i said anything (turn this situation around and retti would townread me back) but it's just not nuance that scum can typically fake. i could go on but i dont think there's a need because i feel very solid on both of these reads.

sorting through recent posts,
i want to say votes dont make my reads spicier but honestly, they probably do but it's not very nice to force people to talk like that. there's plenty of other ways to deal with someone who isn't even a solid scum read. in general, i find the worst scummy but i dont feel like the solve is that easy. it makes more sense to me that they are just scummy town but im not convinced of that completely. about being noncommittal, sure i'll take that. i dont like being too committal and it loses me reads that are correct and saves me from tunneling the wrong people. it sucks in a lot of ways but it's how i play.

i take back my town lean on oman because im now convinced that their posts could easily be fakable. theres a level of nuance that i townread but im certain now that it's fakable. oman could still be town but im not giving out a town pass for it.

half of me wants to say egix is town but the other half wants to say he is scum. i really like tvt/tvs type reads but honestly, they aren't alignment indicative. in general, i like how calm and composed they are because it feels towny but i also know it comes from scum more often. im having difficulty figuring out what my read is and whether it's being affected by the large amount of scumreads there. in the past minute, my read has flipped twice on egix and that's part of why i dont know what my read is at all. the recent flip flips to scum but that will probably flip a couple more times before settling down.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 268, Egix96 wrote:
In post 161, T3 wrote:What are your thoughts on Natalya/Scorp?
Why are you asking me about the one thing I've stated an opinion on??
But yeah, I'm in the same boat as Retti in thinking that Nat had sincere conviction in that read. Also in her early posts I get the impression that she was eager to dig right into the game which I see as >rand town.
Regarding Scorp, outside of what I already said I agreed with, on a tonal level he feels a bit... idk, stiff? Robotic? (I swear that's not just because of his avatar...) I'm just not seeing what Oman sees in him.
This is fair, my play has been crap. I fell into the hole of trying to argue my towniness instead of showing my townieness. Just really hard when it’s a first game back after a long layover and *BAM* pressure right out the gate.
Perhaps my rant was a little to broad, but the frustration was real.

I’m going to reset and look all this over, slow day at work should afford that opportunity.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:50 am

Post by T3 »

In post 196, Azaariah wrote:well i was going to say i thought i had a play style clash with andante but now i think we should just vote her out now because i was certain she was scum in my last game with her. i backed out of it and she just endgamed as scum. i need to read this game again with that in mind but my initial thoughts were that andante was scum here but that was under the assumption that she was town in the other game which is not true.

i spent a lot of time meta'ing andante for my last game and i can confirm none of her town tells showed up in her last game, but i still believed she was town off other things, so i'll have to give this game a good read when i have more time later.
what

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”