Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 6-2

Not Voting
(5): Dunnstral, Skybird, Bowser Jr., Pavowski, Icebox

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: December 22, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-12-22 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:24 am

Post by Skybird »

:twisted: Ok guys, what are people thinking?

One question I've been asking myself is why do I believe Pav about not being able to loverize without a potion? Is it possible that Pav is innocent and the scum team held off on using their lovers ability?

But that makes no sense to hold off. If they had done it sooner, Pav would have been limmed the next day. And yet the scum team was down 2 members pretty early in the game. Why not loverize 2 town earlier knowing they would get the 3rd town in Pav the next day?

The last 2 scum were Ceph/Enchant and unknown. I wasn't really suspecting Ceph until after Enchant replaced in. (I know other people were but I wasn't.) So the scum team may have been cautiously optimistic they could remain alive for a while.

Right now I am just throwing my thoughts out here trying to get conversations started.

Time to get ready for work. So someone jump in here and tell me how wrong I am about stuff. :D
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 3226, Skybird wrote::twisted: Ok guys, what are people thinking?

One question I've been asking myself is why do I believe Pav about not being able to loverize without a potion? Is it possible that Pav is innocent and the scum team held off on using their lovers ability?

But that makes no sense to hold off. If they had done it sooner, Pav would have been limmed the next day. And yet the scum team was down 2 members pretty early in the game. Why not loverize 2 town earlier knowing they would get the 3rd town in Pav the next day?

The last 2 scum were Ceph/Enchant and unknown. I wasn't really suspecting Ceph until after Enchant replaced in. (I know other people were but I wasn't.) So the scum team may have been cautiously optimistic they could remain alive for a while.

Right now I am just throwing my thoughts out here trying to get conversations started.

Time to get ready for work. So someone jump in here and tell me how wrong I am about stuff. :D
I agree, scum holding off doesn't make sense, except as a blitz play here at the end. I'd like to think the scum loverizer is limited like I have been (one shot of the ability until circumstances change), but there's no guarantee of that, and the possibility may be that their loverizer managed to get a 2nd shot of their skill already and has it in pocket for tonight.

My best guess there, then, is that when I claimed, scum made a plan to save their loverizing til close to the end for a double kill and a mislim on me. (Here I'm puzzled too, though. Where is the scum loudly insisting I be the lim today as the confirmed loverizer?) Alternatively as I pointed out a page or two back, they've been trying and failing for a few days, but that just seems unlikely to me.

Nobody's disputed me saying that the final scum is in [pav, Bowser, Dunn] which means we all pretty much accept that Skybird and Icebox are clear. (If not, please correct me.)

And given Bowser's protestations about what their slot has done (all of which is verifiable), I tend to agree with them, that to consider they could loverize in addition to their other abilities is a stretch.

It *could* be some sort of item, but given a potion or something seems most likely, and wisdom never had a love potion, I kinda don't think that's true either.

So for me, it basically has to be Dunn.

I could theorize about where else I'd vote if Dunn flips town, but I don't see much point, as I don't see a way around me getting voted off here, and scum is never going to kill me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

What Macbeth character is both a crier and a loverizer?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 3228, Dunnstral wrote:What Macbeth character is both a crier and a loverizer?
This is a fair point, and now I am obligated to go re-read claims
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Because I am feeling powerless and at a loss I went back thru ISOs and compiled the role claims of the 5 currently living players

Skybird:
In post 2911, Skybird wrote:
In post 2905, Lukewarm wrote:Who all has full claimed?

I did. Wisdom did. OTH did. Icebox did. Pav did. LLD did.

@Skybird claimed roleblocker - was that all?

@Titus you claimed your guess the night kill ability - was that all?

@Bowser Jr claimed to be a neighborizor in our hood - did that ability work last night? They also gave a post restriction. (That feels like a complete claim, but let me know)

Dunn and enchant I don't think I have seen anything from
No, I am also a bodyguard. I had to pick someone by EoD 1 to protect for the rest of the game. My gold ability was a potion that allows me to choose other people to protect. I was able to buy the potion last night.
Icebox:
In post 1729, Icebox wrote:I can visit 3 players. They said something may or may not happen when I do visit them.
They said there may be other aspects of my role I'm not aware of.
If I visit certain players, I could lose my abilities it says, but doesn't specify what that means.

I'm literally a question mark.

-Bell
Myself:
In post 2343, Pavowski wrote:Okay, you guys are ready to run me up. Cool cool cool.

Might as well claim.

I'm Oberon's Flower. I make people fall in love. 'Twas I who loverized Galron and Icebox. I had a good scumread on Galron and I was nullish at best on Icebox after d1 (townier since then!). Several of you expressed that loverizing seemed like a scum ability; maybe it usually is (this is my first game with the mechanic), but this time it isn't. I had an ability and didn't want to die with it in my pocket. I do not know why they subsequently fell out of love, but something must have happened to nullify it because my ability was still "spent".

I can loverize again if the opportunity arises for me to repurchase the ability, but it hasn't come up yet, so I'm a vanilla townie right now. As such I do make sense as an elimination target, as until something unforeseen happens, I can't add any intel or affect the game in any meaningful way. I can think of one pair I'm curious to loverize if given the chance, but who knows if that'll happen or if you will let me live that long.

Anyway, watch the vote counts. There is opportunism afoot.

And I wrote you guys a damn sonnet, too.

Probably done posting for tonight!
Bowser: (couldn't find a clean full claim in the thread but this is what I did find, didn't dig back into our hood yet but can't quote from there anyway sooooo)
In post 3197, Bowser Jr. wrote:We post restricted Pav last Night which is confirmed by the fact that we have a neighborhood with him today. (Lukewarm I believe confirmed we claimed this ability in the neighborhood Day 2 and Bell/Pav should be able to vouch).

Since our PR is confirmed, the only way we're scum is if we are able to target four different players (two loverize, one NK, one post restriction) in one Night phase which is kinda laughable?

Like I guess it's technically possible but notty says that would be awkward game design and I believe him obvi :P

~Spiffy
In post 3199, Bowser Jr. wrote:If we targeted Oberon's Flower, we get a neighborhood with them.

If we targeted Titania, we got vanillaized, with the option to buy one more shot of the PR ability with 5 coins. We had to pay coins in order to learn this information.

~Spiffy
Dunn:
In post 2912, Dunnstral wrote:My role:

I'm Banquo
I'm the crier, I can send a message during the dawn phase
If I die I can continue to send a message during each dawn phase (not just the night after)
My sticks and stones ability is that I can't be protected from dying at night
It costs 5 gold to remove that part (which I have bought)
Breaking this up so as not to overwhelm the page with a ridiculous wall...
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Pavowski »

To simplify,

I'm a loverizer
Bowser creates PRs and neighborhoods
Skybird is a bodyguard
Dunn is a crier (no night action?)
Icebox visits people but doesn't know what happens when they do (but has been vanilla-ized, presumably due to shenanigans around getting loverized to Galron -- that's my whoops -- since mid-d2 so never got much mileage out of the ability)

Meanwhile:
There is clearing evidence for Skybird in that they were targeted by known scum Galron at night.
There is evidence that Bowser's claim is legit by dint of the perma-hood he's created with me, which seems to preclude *other* night actions
There is good reason to suspect I'm scum due to the loverizing and subsequent double-kill last night

And I am having a hard time remembering if there is clearing or damning evidence one way or the other on Icebox and Dunn.

Anybody refresh my memory or fill in holes here?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:57 am

Post by Pavowski »

Bowser can you please reiterate your full claim or point me to it?
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Bowser Jr. »

At work

@Bell-

Please kill us first if you aren’t positive I’m town.
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Bowser Jr. »

Anyone who calls that AtE is getting post restricted.
Icebox
Icebox
Goon
Icebox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Icebox »

Oh thank god Pokemon is ove
I can breath after screaming my head off for 3 weeks.

Can LLD still post? What do they think of Bowser's mechanics argument for why they can't be scum? I'm embarrassingly shitty at how roles work or how many actions scum can take in one night/day phase.

-Bell
You are frozen.
Weeee HYDRA!
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Bowser Jr. »

Probably something along the lines of us only acting on nights the loverizer did.

Which is a fair statement. I was too lazy.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Pavowski »

On the one hand I buy Bowser's talk about having too many night actions to *also* be scum. (Last night he definitely neighborized and post-restricted me, he would also have had to loverize Titus/LLD *and* kill LLD)

On the other hand there's this.
In post 2971, Bowser Jr. wrote:We’re Puck
And if we're looking for roles capable of loverizing somebody, Puck would fit that bill.

So I'm right with you, Bell. Maybe I shouldn't bother flavor solving but Dunn's post has me puzzled
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Bowser Jr. »

We are Puck and started with 1 coin. At Night, we are able to target a player and assign them a post restriction. If we spent 4 coins, we could learn something else about our role (this line in our PM let us know that we there was an aspect of our role that we didn't know and I kinda wanted to just never use the post restrict until learning what it was in case it was something harmful but notty really wanted to mess with Bell).

We post restricted Bell Night 1.

We spent the coins on Night 2 and learned the following: If we targeted Oberon's Flower, we got a neighborhood with them. If we targeted Titania, we would lose our role permanently, but have the opportunity to buy one more use of it for 5 coins.

Unless notty went rogue without me, we did not use our ability again until last Night on Pav.

I think that's everything.

Fun fact: Before we knew exactly what our post restriction did (other than post restrict, of course) I thought WE were the ones that accidentally loverized Bell with Galron and I was afraid we threw lol

~Spiffy
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Bowser Jr. »

In post 3238, Bowser Jr. wrote:Fun fact: Before we knew exactly what our post restriction did (other than post restrict, of course) I thought WE were the ones that accidentally loverized Bell with Galron and I was afraid we threw lol
This anxiety was exacerbated by us being Puck and it making perfect sense

~Spiffy
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 3235, Icebox wrote:Oh thank god Pokemon is ove

Can LLD still post? What do they think of Bowser's mechanics argument for why they can't be scum? I'm embarrassingly shitty at how roles work or how many actions scum can take in one night/day phase.

-Bell
LLD can't post again. She said she was a le to post because she brought a potion from Wisdom.

Do you think Dunn could be the last scum?

I understand what Bowser is saying and it does seem like he would have had too many actions to do to be the last scum. So I am torn. I 'd like to sheep LLD. But if scum can use loverize again and we don't lim them, town is in deep shit.
GTKA Skybird!

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 3238, Bowser Jr. wrote:Fun fact: Before we knew exactly what our post restriction did (other than post restrict, of course) I thought WE were the ones that accidentally loverized Bell with Galron and I was afraid we threw lol
This is town, dammit
Icebox
Icebox
Goon
Icebox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Icebox »

In post 3240, Skybird wrote:
In post 3235, Icebox wrote:Oh thank god Pokemon is ove

-Bell
LLD can't post again. She said she was a le to post because she brought a potion from Wisdom.

Do you think Dunn could be the last scum?

I understand what Bowser is saying and it does seem like he would have had too many actions to do to be the last scum. So I am torn. I 'd like to sheep LLD. But if scum can use loverize again and we don't lim them, town is in deep shit.
Leaning that way RN tbh. Even though I should know better.

-Bell
You are frozen.
Weeee HYDRA!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Bowser Jr.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Skybird »

Dunn, why?
GTKA Skybird!

Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Bowser Jr. »

Because he’s a towel
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3244, Skybird wrote:Dunn, why?
I think that scum pav waits until the end to do the lover kill to avoid suspicion, and that bowser jr. is bluffing
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Bowser Jr. »

What are we bluffing about?

~Spiffy
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Skybird »

Dunn, how many scum do you think are left?
GTKA Skybird!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:24 am

Post by fferyllt »

Meek, full-acorned pittikins
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”