In post 1055, Galron wrote:
withdraw proposal
Gentlemen may not withdraw offers
in pookys world divorce doesn't exist
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Taly »

lets all vibe with one piece intro/outro themes

"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

In post 1071, RH9 wrote:At least, Ydrasse and Alyssa are still around.
Why me?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1063, catboi wrote:
In post 929, RH9 wrote:
In post 920, RH9 wrote:
In post 693, catboi wrote:
In post 607, RH9 wrote:I agree with this so much. Mindmeld moment! Andante is so getting a TR from me.
This is going to sound extremely dumb but I feel like the exclamation mark is the scummiest thing RH9 has posted.
catboi, explain.
Why do you think that it is 'going to sound extremely dumb'? You have like a 100% readrate on me.
First of all, I determined your alignment accurately in a total of two games, hardly a definitive sample. And I think the particular tells I used for those games are no longer applicable - they were essentially one time only deals.

In regards to this game, it sounds dumb because zeroing on a single mark of punctuation as something alignment indicative is basically a ludicrous idea. But the way you wrote that read extremely fake to me. I went back and checked your first game and you did make statements with exclamation marks several times, so I am almost certainly reading too deeply into the tea leaves in that regard.

Now, what does my read rate on you have to do with me thinking my read sounds extremely dumb?
I felt like you would be more confident like you usually are. The words 'extremely dumb' felt insecure, which felt unusual. I felt that combined with your readrate, you would confidently read me.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I really think Cabd was scum though. I can't fathom why a town!Cabd would feel confident enough in catboi to post at the time that he did, it still vibes to me as the most Fake Read in the game

I kinda chained a lot of my reads based off that because it stood out to me so strongly and Prism agreed so immediately and vehemently
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1077, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 1071, RH9 wrote:At least, Ydrasse and Alyssa are still around.
Why me?
Because you and Ydrassee are my second highest people who I want to propose to. If you left, then I would be left with only Ydrasse and GL [and now maybe also S_S, though we must not ignore Cabd].

v/la every weekend

Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:34 pm

In post 1079, GuiltyLion wrote:I really think Cabd was scum though. I can't fathom why a town!Cabd would feel confident enough in catboi to post at the time that he did, it still vibes to me as the most Fake Read in the game

I kinda chained a lot of my reads based off that because it stood out to me so strongly and Prism agreed so immediately and vehemently
Why did you feel so confident in that one read?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1075, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1074, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
withdraw proposal
in pookys world divorce doesn't exist
But they never even paired with each other. So technically, 'withdrawing from a first date' doesn't exist.

v/la every weekend

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1074, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
withdraw proposal
oh fuck this could be interesting
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1076, Taly wrote:lets all vibe with one piece intro/outro themes

You posted the wrong video

Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:37 pm

I'm just not going to answer prisms question unless I have to
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1071, RH9 wrote:At least, Ydrasse and Alyssa are still around. And I am so excited to play with Titus again. (We played together in Mini 2250 where she replaced in but unfortunately was force-replaced for mainslipping. And she thought that I was scum when I was Town.)

And my favourite Open Listmod, Something_Smart! Such a pleasure to finally play with him! One more person who I am adding to my want-to-propose-to list! Why are you so against him? If it was implosion, that would be more understandable because he's impossible to read and very distant.
Why do I always use implosion as an example? (Though, I genuinely find implosion more impossible to read than Taly and T3 combined. And I genuinely find implosion to be very distant and impartial at times like a judge. Nothing personal though because implosion is my favourite Normal Listmod.)

v/la every weekend

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 1079, GuiltyLion wrote:I really think Cabd was scum though. I can't fathom why a town!Cabd would feel confident enough in catboi to post at the time that he did, it still vibes to me as the most Fake Read in the game

Why did you feel so confident in that one read?
because I can't convince myself that someone as experienced as Cabd would ever have someone as experienced as catboi as "very obviously town" based on what catboi had posted by

most times when I don't understand or disagree with someone's read, I can at least empathize with the thought process there to some degree or another. even if it's less likely or whatever, there's a narrative in my head where it would make sense coming from town

but every now and then I see a read that just fires all the alarms of "how on earth could that possibly be your read" and that's what Cabd's was to me. I probably felt more confident because Prism called out the same thing in real time faster than I could. there's not even a shred of honest town doubt or uncertainty in , it's fake
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Are you certain it's scum fake and not town fake?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by RH9 »

If implosion ever reads this, I'm going to regret posting my honest opinion of him, too bluntly.
If Isis replaces in, then it'll be interesting because Isis was IC in FakeGod's game.

(I need to stop posting my honest opinions too bluntly.)

v/la every weekend

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

no I'm not ~certain~ but I struggle to see why town!Cabd would
pretend
to townread catboi for the explicit purpose of trying to get in a dance with him

like yeah I might be wrong, I'm not claiming I'd want to bet the game on this singular read or anything, but 44 pages in there's still not a lady I want limmed more than Cabd's slot
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:45 pm

I guess I'm just confused why the burden of proficiency only goes one way
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:47 pm

like I find it very strange for that one single read to predicate so much of your other thought processes

when the same logic applies for why an experienced scum cabd would so blatantly go out of his way to say that against a player without having a very good reason to risk that type of blowout response
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1078, RH9 wrote:I felt like you would be more confident like you usually are. The words 'extremely dumb' felt insecure, which felt unusual. I felt that combined with your readrate, you would confidently read me.
That is a satisfactory answer. As said, I felt it was dumb because it focused on something incredibly minute that was unlikely to be convincing to most people. You not being able to keep current with the game has made it harder to read you. If it slows down it might be easier. But as said, the things I read you off in those other games are no longer valid.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1084, catboi wrote:
In post 1076, Taly wrote:lets all vibe with one piece intro/outro themes

You posted the wrong video

I JUST FINISHED WATER 7 ARC, I AM WATCHING CP9 SAGA RIGHT NOW

I AM NOT OK.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1086, RH9 wrote:
In post 1071, RH9 wrote:At least, Ydrasse and Alyssa are still around. And I am so excited to play with Titus again. (We played together in Mini 2250 where she replaced in but unfortunately was force-replaced for mainslipping. And she thought that I was scum when I was Town.)

And my favourite Open Listmod, Something_Smart! Such a pleasure to finally play with him! One more person who I am adding to my want-to-propose-to list! Why are you so against him? If it was implosion, that would be more understandable because he's impossible to read and very distant.
Why do I always use implosion as an example? (Though, I genuinely find implosion more impossible to read than Taly and T3 combined. And I genuinely find implosion to be very distant and impartial at times like a judge. Nothing personal though because implosion is my favourite Normal Listmod.)
Is this a bit?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

what BOP? I don't follow how you're using that term here

My baseline is that I would expect town, especially one who has played and modded forum mafia for years, to have more skepticism about a slot like Catboi. It was very early into the game, Catboi hadn't done anything notably profound or impactful - Catboi himself even said he didn't think he was outside scum range in . I'm not saying nobody should have ever townread Catboi at that point in the game, but when you throw in a qualifier like "very obviously" town it makes me extremely concerned, because nothing about Catboi's alignment should have been "very obvious" and I can't imagine town genuinely believing that. I just can't.

So either town!Cabd was exaggerating his catboi townread for ?? reasons - I theory I considered but found less likely because Cabd got so immediately defensive when called out by Prism afterwards - or scum!Cabd thought he could use an early vocal townread to buddy catboi and get in a hood with him. The latter explanation just feels significantly more likely to me. I throw out any explanation where town!Cabd genuinely believed Catboi was, again, "very obviously" town, I fundamentally cannot grok that being a Real Thought.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1092, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:when the same logic applies for why an experienced scum cabd would so blatantly go out of his way to say that against a player without having a very good reason to risk that type of blowout response
In post 403, catboi wrote:
In post 307, Cabd wrote:
In post 299, catboi wrote:hopefully obvious reasons.
I'm all furry ears.
Let me work this through:

as a self-described "poison apple" in neighborhoods I've watched you run games from behind the scenes as scum despite low output in the game thread, including a game in this very format where you endgamed because you had the wool pulled over your dance partner's eyes.

In the recent anonymous dance format games, I found there was a tendency for scum to buddy up to highly visible town early. My own preference was to hold back until I found a partner I felt decent about.

Obviously if I were dancing with you I'd be on guard. But no one ever heads into these games expected to get fooled. And I think the gap between skepticism and overconfidence isn't actually that big - believing you won't be conned just makes you more vulnerable to being conned. And I know that ultimately I'm actually pretty easy to manipulate. I'd also expect you'd relish the opportunity to try to put one over on me.

So consider me apprehensive.

(I do hope the meta/personal history talk isn't too impenetrable to those unfamiliar with it, I hate when that sort of discussion dominates games because it inevitably ends up shutting certain people out. I've tried my best to make it legible to others).
seems to me like there's a super easy/compelling explanation as to why Cabd would play that way as scum?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1089, RH9 wrote:If implosion ever reads this, I'm going to regret posting my honest opinion of him, too bluntly.
If Isis replaces in, then it'll be interesting because Isis was IC in FakeGod's game.

(I need to stop posting my honest opinions too bluntly.)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

alyssa how much corn have u eaten today
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”