ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:23 am

Post by ahhlo »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13172879#p13172879]post 107[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:
In post 103, Dwlee99 wrote:I'd be doing x not y as scum this early feels rather unconvincing
This is a rather lame reply given you tunneled me hard for bad logic my last game when i was town. So either you should have learned my logic wouldn't make sense and not question this. Or you'd just tunnel me again. But you aren't doing either of those. Another reason you're scum. List be building uppppp
then why aren't you voting for Dwlee? are you afraid others will vote him too?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:25 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 147, MegAzumarill wrote:The real question is if we should out jester reads or not.
I'm of the opinion to keep jester reads to ourselves because they upside of scum killing jester outweighs the downside of an elimination making the game require +1 scum dead.

But we don't want to eliminate jester so if you heavily jester read the biggest candidate for an elimination then and only then is the time to speak up
I think I agree with this. Though I'm running it through in my head and I feel like it's unlikely scum will NK jester in any scenario. Like, why would the jester be playing in such a way to attract the kill? They'll be angling to get vote limmed, since I'm prettttty sure a NK doesn't give them the win. Considering the setup specifically uses the "elimination" language in the jester's win con. And unless the jester plays spectacularly badly in that regard, I don't see scum targeting them over someone who's pro-town or lurky. Maybe I'm just not seeing it though.
Hey!
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:32 am

Post by ahhlo »

In post 147, MegAzumarill wrote:The real question is if we should out jester reads or not.
I'm of the opinion to keep jester reads to ourselves because they upside of scum killing jester outweighs the downside of an elimination making the game require +1 scum dead.

But we don't want to eliminate jester so if you heavily jester read the biggest candidate for an elimination then and only then is the time to speak up
it doesn't matter, jester reads can be wrong just as often as mafia reads. it's better to out your jester read to eliminate candidates for beign mafia and make it easier to figure them out.

For example, I am pretty sure that Not_Mafia is not the jester. but, he seems like he knows how to fake it (he acts very stereotypically). Reason is simple - outing himself this early is a big commitment when he will lose if the total number of players reaches four. at best by confessing now (assuming things go as he intended), he is delaying his lynch by 1-2 days, but by the time town is actually willing to lynch him, so much more will have happened and there's no reason to think he'd get lynched in the final day when there's 3 scummy mafia around.

if I had to guess, not_mafia is either a regular townsperson, or more likely, the IC. But we'll see. I am mostly ignoring his confession, and will still vote him as much asi want.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:37 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Not_Mafia enters every game with that message
Imprefection is the spice of life.
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:43 am

Post by ahhlo »

Hmm I wonder what the mafia chatroom is talking about right now.

If I had to guess, they'd be focusing their discussion on the jester situation, since that's the only very interesting thing that has happened. Given that, it's likely that at least one of them was thinking about the jester when they started posting in this thread agian; ergo, their post wouuld be about the jester.

the jester confession was about 7 hours ago, probably mafia didn't notice right away due to the timing of it. 3 hours after the post, a lot of activity had started in the thread, so its safe to assume the mafia chat started talking about jester stuff 3 hours afterwards too, in other words, 4 hours ago.

Andante's first post about the jester was the kind of question that would be better asked in mafia chat - so that suggests they're town
Dwlee not talking about the jester is interesting - its unexpected because i think hes mafia, but yet he seems to be separating the mafia chat topic from the game topic
Darby came in after the topic had changed from jester, and put it back onto it, suggesting maybe he had just read the mafia chat and posted immeidately afterwards
MegAzumarill also pressed the issue with the jester conversation - may be the same thing as Darby

maybe im wrong and the mafia are trying hard to avoid their mafia conversation from being part of the game conversation. In that case, they'd be focusing on not talking to each other ingame about the jester. we'll have to see how these people act in the future when interesting things happen.
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:46 am

Post by ahhlo »

In post 153, MegAzumarill wrote:Not_Mafia enters every game with that message
every single game? why?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:51 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Yes,
For funsies I suppose
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:53 am

Post by numberQ »

The reason is in his first post, he's here to troll the fecal matter out of this game. And all games. It's kind of annoying.
Hey!
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:55 am

Post by ahhlo »

why is he allowed to play, if he is only going to make fun o fpeople and say mean things?
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:56 am

Post by DArby »

In post 157, numberQ wrote:The reason is in his first post, he's here to troll the fecal matter out of this game. And all games. It's kind of annoying.
In post 154, ahhlo wrote:Hmm I wonder what the mafia chatroom is talking about right now.

If I had to guess, they'd be focusing their discussion on the jester situation, since that's the only very interesting thing that has happened. Given that, it's likely that at least one of them was thinking about the jester when they started posting in this thread agian; ergo, their post wouuld be about the jester.

the jester confession was about 7 hours ago, probably mafia didn't notice right away due to the timing of it. 3 hours after the post, a lot of activity had started in the thread, so its safe to assume the mafia chat started talking about jester stuff 3 hours afterwards too, in other words, 4 hours ago.

Andante's first post about the jester was the kind of question that would be better asked in mafia chat - so that suggests they're town
Dwlee not talking about the jester is interesting - its unexpected because i think hes mafia, but yet he seems to be separating the mafia chat topic from the game topic
Darby came in after the topic had changed from jester, and put it back onto it, suggesting maybe he had just read the mafia chat and posted immeidately afterwards
MegAzumarill also pressed the issue with the jester conversation - may be the same thing as Darby

maybe im wrong and the mafia are trying hard to avoid their mafia conversation from being part of the game conversation. In that case, they'd be focusing on not talking to each other ingame about the jester. we'll have to see how these people act in the future when interesting things happen.
The jester is the central game mechanic in this game. How would you like to start the game?
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:56 am

Post by ahhlo »

i change my mind vote: not_mafia

you want to live? you have to paly

claiming jester is nto good e nough, you have to try if you want to play
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:57 am

Post by numberQ »

I don't think he's ever personally attacked someone, so not trolling in that sense. And to be fair I have seen him actually play before, even after coming into the game with that as his first post. But that literally is his opening in every game I've ever seen him play so I'm not taking it as AI at all.
Hey!
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:57 am

Post by ahhlo »

In post 159, DArby wrote:
In post 157, numberQ wrote:The reason is in his first post, he's here to troll the fecal matter out of this game. And all games. It's kind of annoying.
In post 154, ahhlo wrote:Hmm I wonder what the mafia chatroom is talking about right now.

The jester is the central game mechanic in this game. How would you like to start the game?
the game did not start with people talknig about jesters

people started talking about jesters have someone claimed to be the jester
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:58 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 160, ahhlo wrote:i change my mind vote: not_mafia

you want to live? you have to paly

claiming jester is nto good e nough, you have to try if you want to play

Vote in bold or vote tags

Bold:

Code: Select all

[b]text[/b]

Replace the b for v for vote tags
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:00 am

Post by ahhlo »

VOTE: vote: not_mafia
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:00 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 162, ahhlo wrote:[snip]
the game did not start with people talknig about jesters

people started talking about jesters have someone claimed to be the jester
I started a conversation about the jester page 1
Hey!
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:01 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 148, ahhlo wrote:vote: marcistar

I think Dwlee99 is mafia, but i also think that it's better not to kill him rn because he will out the other mafia in his posts.

i think he votes marcistar because he wants to look like a town later, and i think marcistar is just posting waffle posts instead of actually helping - so it really does look like their mafia. however, I don't think that Dwlee thinks marci is mafia because marci is acting like mafia, because he has not said any reason for why he voted that way. he said that no one asked, but if he was really town, he wouldn't need to be asked... town would want other pepole to know why someone must be mafia, so that otheres will vote alongside, whereas mafia voting their scum partner does not want anyone else to vote alongside them.

but okay, I will give dwlee a chance: why did you vote marci, exactly?
how am i "posting waffle posts"
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:01 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

As for actual claims so far there is no reason to take anyone's claim seriously.
Every player in this game has already claimed VT in practice. No role (except jester) wants to look otherwise and jester won't outright claim scum.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:02 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Pancakes>waffles

Also please define waffle because I legitimately am not sure what it means:p
ahhlo
ahhlo
Townie
ahhlo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:05 am

Post by ahhlo »

In post 166, marcistar wrote:
In post 148, ahhlo wrote:vote: marcistar

I think Dwlee99 is mafia, but i also think that it's better not to kill him rn because he will out the other mafia in his posts.

i think he votes marcistar because he wants to look like a town later, and i think marcistar is just posting waffle posts instead of actually helping - so it really does look like their mafia. however, I don't think that Dwlee thinks marci is mafia because marci is acting like mafia, because he has not said any reason for why he voted that way. he said that no one asked, but if he was really town, he wouldn't need to be asked... town would want other pepole to know why someone must be mafia, so that otheres will vote alongside, whereas mafia voting their scum partner does not want anyone else to vote alongside them.

but okay, I will give dwlee a chance: why did you vote marci, exactly?
how am i "posting waffle posts"
you are trying not to bother anyone or appear suspicious, but still post

so you are waffling in your posts
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 160, ahhlo wrote:you want to live? you have to paly
Oh you sweet summer child
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:49 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 169, ahhlo wrote:you are trying not to bother anyone or appear suspicious, but still post

so you are waffling in your posts
whyd i vote numberq if i "dont wanna bother anyone"
what gives the feelings i dont wanna appear suspicious?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:17 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 101, Andante wrote:Question, are we trying to eliminate jester or let jester get night killed?
Let Jester get NKed. It's safer beecause it stops Mafia from NKing as well as letting us win once two Mafia are dead. However, hunting by association is said to be bad with the White Flag mechanic. See this page on the White Flag Gambit.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:19 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 167, MegAzumarill wrote:As for actual claims so far there is no reason to take anyone's claim seriously.
Every player in this game has already claimed VT in practice. No role (except jester) wants to look otherwise and jester won't outright claim scum.
That's kind of true which makes it harder for us to scumhunt.
@Kerset May you please do a VC?

i am waiting for pagetop :P

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:30 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 164, ahhlo wrote:VOTE: vote: not_mafia
I think that MegAzumarill meant something like

Code: Select all

[v]Player Name[/v]

But I don't think N_M's entrance is AI. Was it one of his other posts that pinged you? I find them quite NAI, to be honest with you.

v/la every weekend

Return to “Completed Open Games”