Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 743, Andresvmb wrote:Have we actually found the Scum yet?

I am in the game! I just have not gotten around to posting much. It’s been hectic.
Hectic isn't in this game, actually
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 747, Dwlee99 wrote:I thought t3 was town but his vote on me was bad and he just... hasn't elaborated. It's like the *refuses to elaborate* meme
Why did you even think he was town in the first place
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by the worst »

Ive seen no evidence that you, myself or about 6 other players in this game aren't hectic alts. remain vigilant, my new friend. hectic alts are always where you least suspect them.
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 777, the worst wrote:Ive seen no evidence that you, myself or about 6 other players in this game aren't hectic alts. remain vigilant, my new friend. hectic alts are always where you least suspect them.
Well I was in a game with Hectic so if I'm a Hectic alt it seems you skittles aren't doing your job
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 750, Andresvmb wrote:I am Town though. So just relax and let me read.
Respectfully, it's been a week, at what point can we expect you to start actually playing?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by the worst »

just for clarity I'm a discussion mod, not a mafia mod, and make it my building ness to avoid knowing alts if I don't need to. please don't let my joking reflect badly on the listmods.

but I'm pretty sure there's a grand hectic conspiracy and everyone is in on it. what if all of the listmods are hectic? according to my hectic correlation index there's a 37% chance I'm hectic. more than a third of the time, I'm a hectic alt. how stressful is that? how can each one of us stop ourselves from eventually becoming part of the hectic alt hive mind?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 774, the worst wrote:Congrats on the new job, Oman. :D Glad all is going well.
In post 773, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: the worst
Why are you town?
my uh, wincon aligns with an uninformed majority... :shifty:

honestly, what a question to open with. Half of my surface-level approach is geared towards minimising polarity between my towngame and scumgame. - Respectfully, your slot has absolutely no clout, we're almost at deadline and I am not a consideration for today's elimination. Explain to me why this post isn't absolute performative nonsense. :P
I was actually in the middle of evaluating the existing wagons whilst you posted this. I feel like the uglyduck wagon has better logic behind it but I haven’t really combed all the votes for the Dwlee wagon yet.
As for why I’m asking you how you’re town, you should know why! But tbf you don’t feel like how I’m used to scum!you playing as a replace in.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 580, the worst wrote:UglyDuck just spent like 9 days preparing completely lukewarm recycled reads and I'm kind of surprised that's not getting as much attention as I'd hoped?

VOTE: UglyDuck this isn't for pressure I think he's fairly likely to actually flip red
This was actually a bit eye-opening for me. I didn't see it the first time, but after this priming I actually don't love UglyDuck's "lukewarm recycled reads" at all. V big flag for me. I don't think that sells the worst as town for me (bussing exists), but it's a good one.
In post 587, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 580, the worst wrote:UglyDuck just spent like 9 days preparing completely lukewarm recycled reads and I'm kind of surprised that's not getting as much attention as I'd hoped?

VOTE: UglyDuck this isn't for pressure I think he's fairly likely to actually flip red
VOTE: Uglyduck

Actually yea

This is a good point
This was almost entirely my reaction, in tone and vibe. Which frustrates me as someone who has been happy to vote Dwlee and explicitly see it through to elim.
In post 606, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 558, Retti wrote:
@UglyDuck:
I looked over your reads list, who do you actually suspect right now?
DW is my top at this point. forgot to...

VOTE: DW
Flagging this as my feelings on it depend almost entirely on Dwlee's flip.
In post 615, Retti wrote: I feel like my suspicion of fua this game has been because every reason they've jumped on for voting people has been so
basic
but I recognze that not everyone thinks the same way I do, probably a big difference in playstyles here?
I don't like this because of how noncomittally it splits the difference. I have *such* a nullread on Retti coming into this post, and it's the kind of post where I can see scum using this to sprinkle a post that they can point back to later, without actually committing to anything.

In post 628, Retti wrote: ...this game is going to give me a migraine
Mood.

For example...
In post 688, Andante wrote:I tr you off the vote thing, idk what any of the recent stuff is about
didn't read it
lol
lol indeed :/
In post 712, Natalya wrote:They are not actively solving, they seem to be moving their vote from wagon to wagon based on who is easiest to kill/where the momentum is moving.

the progression from sheeping T3 by putting Scorp at E-1 and then voting T3 for T3's vote/push on Scorp is particularly egregious in terms of not making any sense.

They then moved off T3 before T3 even responded to vote for UglyDuck.
I don't hate a T3/Dwlee scumpair right now!

In post 743, Andresvmb wrote:
I am in the game!
For real though?

In post 769, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Egix96 is being replaced due to inactivity.
Ugh. D1 is gonna be a bit of a mess. Hopefully we got enough from egix and hoooopefully we get enough from Gamme to work something after the two flips between here and D2.

Let me check the current votecount and then put myself somewhere effective/stay here. I'm pretty sure Dwlee is e-2. Didn't claim when they said they were at e-1 (mistakenly), so I don't expect to hear a claim that moves my vote. But I just want to check where Ugly is.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oman also seems like town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Oman »

My current position is that I could take a Dwlee or Uglyduck lim today without much sweat. 2 days to run, I could at this point shift to UglyDuck to force a claim... We've got a pretty good unspoken VT claim from Scorp and Dwlee.

If we're still in this two-wagon E-2 posn in about 12-24hrs I'll switch to UglyDuck to pop the claim and resolve out some more information.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 783, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oman also seems like town
Thanks! sorry I don't have a favourable read on your predecessor. Fingers crossed you can offer us some more :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 545, UglyDuck wrote:JV/Dwelee - JV did essentially what I have done to this point, so not reading into that. DW I do not like the E-1, or more specifically I do not like asking for the claim. I agree with their logic that a hammer that early on would be pretttttyyyyy skummy... but then run that all back... why ask for the claim? That general logic does not seem to add up to me. That being said, I generally hate meta cases because they are an easy avenue for skum to push when they need something, so pushing against it is worth something.
Did a quick ud iso, saw the read list people disliked and I think I get why, seems kinda appease-y
I do think this read might have merit tho
<Embrace The Void>

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by fua »

Hey, I’m currently with my grandparents in North Carolina for the weekend, so I might be a bit lower activity than usual. Sorry about that in advance.

I feel basically the same way as Oman does right now. I think that UD is more likely to flip scum and that’s what I’d prefer, but at the same time Dwlee is still null for me and I think the way he flips could be indicative of the alignments of those pushing him. At worst it’s better than limming one of my townreads or letting the clock run out.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by fua »

In post 772, Gamma Emerald wrote:sup folks, have had my eye on this game because of the player list
Just want to say Scorpious is obvtown from what I’ve seen
Why is Scorpious obvtown? I don’t think he’s done much to progress the state of the game at all and falls back on AtE every time he’s called out or one of his questions are interrupted. He’s a heavy scumread for me, but I’m currently chalking it up to playstyle differences for today and not pushing him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’ve seen Scorpious as town before once and his play here feels like I remember it, plus just in general he seems to reacting to pressure in a town way even if it is strongly emotional
<Embrace The Void>

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by fua »

In post 789, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ve seen Scorpious as town before once and his play here feels like I remember it, plus just in general he seems to reacting to pressure in a town way even if it is strongly emotional
Really? I feel like his defensive nature and focus on self-preservation early on rings like scum frustrated they were caught early— but I admit that I’ve never played with him before, and that’s why I’m hesitant on my read. Like I said, I’m holding off because I feel bad about making him feel this way and I don’t know his playstyle, I just figured that I should share that I personally find his behavior very scummy.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by fua »

Do you have a link to the game you’re citing? I might give it a read through to see if I’m missing something.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 781, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 774, the worst wrote:Congrats on the new job, Oman. :D Glad all is going well.
Why are you town?

honestly, what a question to open with. Half of my surface-level approach is geared towards minimising polarity between my towngame and scumgame. - Respectfully, your slot has absolutely no clout, we're almost at deadline and I am not a consideration for today's elimination. Explain to me why this post isn't absolute performative nonsense. :P
I was actually in the middle of evaluating the existing wagons whilst you posted this. I feel like the uglyduck wagon has better logic behind it but I haven’t really combed all the votes for the Dwlee wagon yet.
As for why I’m asking you how you’re town, you should know why! But tbf you don’t feel like how I’m used to scum!you playing as a replace in.
I have no idea why youd ask this and posit that its busywork which isn't helpful. :P let me know if I'm missing something.
In post 784, Oman wrote:My current position is that I could take a Dwlee or Uglyduck lim today without much sweat. 2 days to run, I could at this point shift to UglyDuck to force a claim... We've got a pretty good unspoken VT claim from Scorp and Dwlee.

If we're still in this two-wagon E-2 posn in about 12-24hrs I'll switch to UglyDuck to pop the claim and resolve out some more information.
I like your thinkin. I would totally bus here, there can only be one duck.

I'm roughly equally anxious about how lukewarm uglyduck's contributions have been and also how under the radar he's gone? I feel like if this was town it probably would have been wagoned with much sketchier origins? unless i am the sketchy origin :o :o
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Oman »

Wagon origins D1 rarely factor into my scumreads. Rarely, but not never, scum are more likely to be opportunistic rather than proactive [citation needed]
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 792, the worst wrote:I have no idea why youd ask this and posit that its busywork which isn't helpful. let me know if I'm missing something.
I wasn’t rlly a fan of what I saw from your first few posts while spectating
Also memes; sure you were town in the neighborhood but you also pulled a Luigi in Slaughter Hour so I’m kinda pulling your leg for that game
<Embrace The Void>

UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 781, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Why are you town?

What is the logic behind my wagon you are speaking of?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The fact you came in after being away for a bit and provided weak reads
<Embrace The Void>

UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

I don't understand why that would be good logic. Compared to everyone in this game that plays (assumption here) A FUKING TON with one and other, I have not. It is Day 1 and I do not have strong reads on anyone. Which should of been... pretty clear. Everyone is talking about other games and alts and who ever the fuck skittles is??? and I am honestly just struggling to get through a page of content at a time without having to re read everything to figure out wtf is going on.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Dwlee what’s the logic behind all your votes thus far?
<Embrace The Void>

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 798, Gamma Emerald wrote:Dwlee what’s the logic behind all your votes thus far?
The votes on me or the ones I've placed?

The votes on me are either Natalya who I think has the sPooks after seeing me as scum a bunch and is associating playstyle with me being scum, and other people who just keep saying they kinda vaguely maybe think it's me for voting a bunch. If you're t3 you'll think this was supposedly a meta town tell at least at one point (the logic broke in two of my scum games and maybe a town game, so he stopped mentioning it)

The votes I placed have been mostly to try to apply pressure places, which I think is pretty self-explanatory. My Uglyduck vote rn though is just pretty much like... they're not doing anything. is admitting as much imo, and that Natalya is pushing me in part for not being like "more convinced" about their slot being scum is pretty frustrating. If they don't have a lot of posts, the read can't be THAT confident. But it feels enough to me for day one. Reminds me of a game (uRoll specifically) where I thought someone was scum day one, Loftwing hard pushed me cause my justification was "too weak" and then I got the lim and they flipped mafia
I prefer they, thanks :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”