imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 274, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 268, VP Baltar wrote:If I'm grouping people, might be something like this:

numberQ, Toogeloo, Tanner

Lukewarm, Aristeia, implosion

VP Baltar, DArby, imaginality

Maybe flip Tanner and DArby
I don't oppose this suggestion.
Which of those groups do you think has 2+ scum in it?
I'd rather have numberQ and DArby together.
I think if we had VP - me - you, that could be all town and force scum to swap in.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by numberQ »

I'm about to play catch up, will probably take it page by page and person by person. If there's anything in particular you want me to look at, let me know and I'll see your suggestion when I come out the other end.
Hey!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 267, VP Baltar wrote:What's your actual read on Tanner?
He feels kind of townie to me
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 275, imaginality wrote:
In post 274, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 268, VP Baltar wrote:If I'm grouping people, might be something like this:

numberQ, Toogeloo, Tanner

Lukewarm, Aristeia, implosion

VP Baltar, DArby, imaginality

Maybe flip Tanner and DArby
I don't oppose this suggestion.
Which of those groups do you think has 2+ scum in it?
I'd rather have numberQ and DArby together.
I think if we had VP - me - you, that could be all town and force scum to swap in.
I havent really cared about scum clumping since we already have two locked in. I also am fine with putting Darby and number together.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I might actually do something other than flirting with Tanner if he doesn't end up in Keep with me so I guess it is +town to want that.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

on the other hand I will be disappointed and somewhat sad
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by numberQ »

I made it through page 4 in my comprehensive read through, then ISOed DArby as he was giving me the worst vibes up til then. Then I saw he only had 2 other posts I hadn't seen yet, and suddenly I know why some of you are pairing him with me (who has 4 posts counting this one) :lol:

To put some meat on my DArby read besides just his low post count, his 50 and 66 particularly struck me. He tried to throw some confusion into what I thought was a pretty logical observation about Luke + Ari not being S/S. And in 66, the appeal to scum not swapping him was weird and felt like he was trying to towntell or townspew or something.

(I don't actually know what "townspew" means and how it's different from "towntell" if at all)

Other bad vibes:
Toogeloo
Aristeia

I quickly skimmed their ISOs too. I think they both look better past page 4, but it's hard to tell without full context.

---

As for my thoughts on the location makeups.

My first instinct is that I'd like to put two strong TRs with a SR at the Gate, then try to stack two scum together in a different location. If we are right about those reads, scum will only be able to break up the Gate if we fail to stack scum elsewhere. And at that point, scum is forced to confirm one of the two strong TRs, and the three of them take out the strong SR from there.

Those of you saying DArby and myself should go together, what location would you like us in? I assume this is based on SRing both of us. So I'm actually not opposed to that if no one likes my Gate idea. I think putting me with DArby with a 3rd person (preferably another SR I think) will force something interesting and valuable to happen with the swap tonight. I don't know if that's better to happen in the Gate or the Wall though. Feels like a hard win to get if you put us in the Wall, but maybe lowering the odds of a win there is worth it to raise the odds of a win in the other two.

---

I'd like to say I'll read past page 4, but I don't know if I can promise that lol. So from this point on I might just keep up with new posts and look back as it makes sense.
Hey!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by implosion »

VPB's groups look mostly fine to me I guess? I'm not against being the 3rd in Keep.

NumberQ's post is, fine. It means he's probably not scum with DArby unless the third scum is already assigned, because he'd probably be loath to say they should both go to the same location if there's a risk that'd lose on the spot.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

Potted summary of what happened after page 4, for NumberQ's benefit:

Page 5: Ari and Tanner flirted in seven different languages
Page 6: everyone agreed I'm obvtown
Page 7: we all assigned ourselves to locations and asked the mod not to end the day yet just to trick you into thinking it's still up for discussion
Page 8: we ran an impromptu karaoke Song Contest, Lukewarm won with by singing Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers which all agreed was the most impressive vocally albeit also the most confusing temperature-wise
Page 9: basically just cat memes (VP posted a dog meme but the rest of us politely didn't comment on his faux pas)
Page 13: we invented time travel but the future was boring because it was still D1
Page 10: everyone thought about it some more and still agreed I'm conftown, though the vote to build a monument in my honour was postponed til Day 2
Page 11: we felt it was unfair to keep posting in your absence so no one posted on that page, it's just 25 vote counts
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by numberQ »

Yeah that all checks out.

Your page 8 summary needs to be memorialized because I had like, 3 different "oh that's funny" moments with it.
Hey!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 255, Tanner wrote:
In post 236, Lukewarm wrote:but Toog I like Toog
can you spell this out for me?

also, i'm probably getting tunnelled, but i think i unironically want imaginality and baltar at the same location. these interactions bug me.
I liked his entry about being willing to float where ever for the games, when I would expect scum to be wanting to have some control over it. I also noticed that he did not lock into the keep, even through I kinda invited him to twice. And atm I am leaning town on Ari, so I would expect a scum player to be almost looking for a reason to take that last slot in the keep, and he just ignored me - both times lol. That would have been pretty good cover for him too I think, he already said he didn't care where he went, so he could just say he was following my suggestion. So unless I am just wrong on Ari, that is a pretty good +town for Toog imo.

I have also seen Toog get scum read for lower content, but I think that is just how he plays, so I was hoping Ari would tell me if they had suspicion for anything more then that.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 257, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 255, Tanner wrote:i unironically want imaginality and baltar at the same location.
That seems fine by me. I don't trust you to call an entire location, but if you want to test your theory in a 2/3, I don't think there is a lot of harm in that.
Can you explain this to me?

He is trying to push 3 scum together, and he suggested you + imagin + 1, and you are fine with him going for that?

Are you wanting your top scum read in that last slot? Your top town read? I am unsure the benefit that you see from accepting this proposal from him short of getting him off your case...
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 271, Tanner wrote:you mean wall? if so, i actually don't hate the idea of going to the wall with you and imaginality, sending implo to the keep, and throwing the rest at the gate.
Wait. I thought you wanted to link up VP and imagin because you thought they were partners?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 285, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 255, Tanner wrote:
In post 236, Lukewarm wrote:but Toog I like Toog
can you spell this out for me?

also, i'm probably getting tunnelled, but i think i unironically want imaginality and baltar at the same location. these interactions bug me.
I liked his entry about being willing to float where ever for the games, when I would expect scum to be wanting to have some control over it. I also noticed that he did not lock into the keep, even through I kinda invited him to twice. And atm I am leaning town on Ari, so I would expect a scum player to be almost looking for a reason to take that last slot in the keep, and he just ignored me - both times lol. That would have been pretty good cover for him too I think, he already said he didn't care where he went, so he could just say he was following my suggestion. So unless I am just wrong on Ari, that is a pretty good +town for Toog imo.

I have also seen Toog get scum read for lower content, but I think that is just how he plays, so I was hoping Ari would tell me if they had suspicion for anything more then that.

I think it's a mistake to say scum would 100% want to have control over where they're going. Like yeah, they need some amount of control so that they aren't all in the same location. But depending on playstyle, I can easily see scum just shrugging their shoulders when deciding where to go. Particularly as an entrance to the game, where there's less pressure for scum to pick their location compared to some potential later scenario. It's not difficult to say first thing "I don't care where I go", then later come up with a reason to go somewhere specific.

They may also predict reactions like yours, and are seeking the towncred.
Hey!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 283, imaginality wrote:we ran an impromptu karaoke Song Contest, Lukewarm won with by singing Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers which all agreed was the most impressive vocally albeit also the most confusing temperature-wise
I get a Lukewarm joke/pun in most of my games. This is hands down the best one yet lol
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 283, imaginality wrote:Potted summary of what happened after page 4, for NumberQ's benefit:

Page 5: Ari and Tanner flirted in seven different languages
Page 6: everyone agreed I'm obvtown
Page 7: we all assigned ourselves to locations and asked the mod not to end the day yet just to trick you into thinking it's still up for discussion
Page 8: we ran an impromptu karaoke Song Contest, Lukewarm won with by singing Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers which all agreed was the most impressive vocally albeit also the most confusing temperature-wise
Page 9: basically just cat memes (VP posted a dog meme but the rest of us politely didn't comment on his faux pas)
Page 13: we invented time travel but the future was boring because it was still D1
Page 10: everyone thought about it some more and still agreed I'm conftown, though the vote to build a monument in my honour was postponed til Day 2
Page 11: we felt it was unfair to keep posting in your absence so no one posted on that page, it's just 25 vote counts
I'm almost embarrassed to say I townread imaginality for this post ~.~
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 285, Lukewarm wrote:I have also seen Toog get scum read for lower content, but I think that is just how he plays, so I was hoping Ari would tell me if they had suspicion for anything more then that.
As we're in the keep, I don't think it would make sense for me to be overly transparent about my intentions.

Except that I do want to flirt with Tanner because he's so hawt.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 288, numberQ wrote:I think it's a mistake to say scum would 100% want to have control over where they're going. Like yeah, they need some amount of control so that they aren't all in the same location. But depending on playstyle, I can easily see scum just shrugging their shoulders when deciding where to go. Particularly as an entrance to the game, where there's less pressure for scum to pick their location compared to some potential later scenario. It's not difficult to say first thing "I don't care where I go", then later come up with a reason to go somewhere specific.

Well again, it wasn't just the entrance. It was the entrance
plus
not accepting the invitation to the Keep.

Seems to me that he is either town who really does not care about where he goes, or he is scum who does not want to go the Keep - so my Ari town read is propping him up a bit, because I am not sure why else he would not want to go to the keep when given an easy opportunity.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Luke I think I got ditched

would you want to flirt with me so I can feel special and I'll vote for you?

yes I know I said I scumread you but it's cold tonight and I'm lonely.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I am really easy to pocket.

Just pick out some nice songs and we can talk about how pretty clouds look at 4:55 in the evening when the sky turns the prettiest shade of lavender.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 292, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 288, numberQ wrote:I think it's a mistake to say scum would 100% want to have control over where they're going. Like yeah, they need some amount of control so that they aren't all in the same location. But depending on playstyle, I can easily see scum just shrugging their shoulders when deciding where to go. Particularly as an entrance to the game, where there's less pressure for scum to pick their location compared to some potential later scenario. It's not difficult to say first thing "I don't care where I go", then later come up with a reason to go somewhere specific.

Well again, it wasn't just the entrance. It was the entrance
plus
not accepting the invitation to the Keep.

Seems to me that he is either town who really does not care about where he goes, or he is scum who does not want to go the Keep - so my Ari town read is propping him up a bit, because I am not sure why else he would not want to go to the keep when given an easy opportunity.
I think I glossed over that part of your post I originally responded to. Though looking back, that invite and the whole interaction was muddied somewhat with your back and forth with Tanner. Maybe ultimately it ended up with Tanner turning the slot down and leaving cover for scum!Toog to jump in, but I think there was enough attention on that last Keep slot to make joining immediately kind of dicey.

And then 8 pages passed which I've skimmed at best, so okay, maybe within that timeframe scum!Toog would have joined.
Hey!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I must inform you Ari, I am both gay and married. I might not make a good flirt for you - platonic cloud watching can be fun too tho! lmao

Spoiler:
although your sudden 180 on me is a bit scary, but I am struggling to see a scum motivation to offering to be the one to vote (again)
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I just want to be pocketed by someone with good taste in music :<
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 297, Aristeia wrote:I just want to be pocketed by someone with good taste in music :<

Spoiler:

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have a confession to make

Return to “Completed Open Games”