Newbie 2086 - Reaction GIFs | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-5

butterchurn
(2): V0ID, ɀefiend
GeorgeBailey
(2): Not Known 15, catboi
Not Known 15
(2): butterchurn, notscience
ahhlo
(1): GeorgeBailey
notscience
(1): Cape90
Cape90
(1): ahhlo

Not Voting
(1):
none

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: January 4, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-01-03 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- seeking a replacement for ahhlo
- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:00 am

Post by catboi »

In post 121, notscience wrote:Vote me then :)
VOTE: notscience

Don't expect me to not act on that.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:56 am

Post by notscience »

I mean yeah, typically the point of a taunt is to try and bait something out of someone
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:01 am

Post by notscience »

For an idea of what I misinterpreted, I thought you said my reaction wasn’t good
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:42 am

Post by fferyllt »

Greeting replaces ahhlo. Please welcome him!

Idic
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Greeting »

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:48 am

Post by catboi »

butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:15 am

Post by butterchurn »

Greetings, Greeting!
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Cape90 »

Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 112, notscience wrote:
I mean we could flip cape and see if that changes your mind on that read ;)
In post 113, ahhlo wrote:
vote: Cape90
In post 114, notscience wrote:Why are you voting cape, ahhlo?
BTW I think this is why ahhlo started voting me :p
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 49, Cape90 wrote:
btw butterchurn is almost certainly town IMO
In post 26, butterchurn wrote:So... anyone want to get in an argument over something minor that is probably a null tell, thus creating some content for everyone to discuss and react to? That's how things usually get started, right? Silence is good for scum.
This entire thing probably never comes from mafia.
I disagree. While reading what happened in this game before, this post () picked my attention. It's just a bizarre thing to say imo. Too little for a scumtell though.
In post 56, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 23, Not Known 15 wrote:Wake up!
GRAB A BRUSH AND PUT A LITTLE MAKE-UP
Oh God I hate that song. I want to vote you just for bringing it up! But it's definitely past RVS already.
In post 118, catboi wrote:My read on ahhlo was that they were a troll (and potentially ban dodging) and unlikely to provide anything useful, but didn't want to say that while they were around as it'd come across as mean-spirited and would provide no positive effect on the game. Merciful luck that we don't have to worry about that now, I suppose.
Was it? I really felt sorry for them reading their posts actually, they seemed utterly clueless. :dead:

Also, just want to say that this post might have been made prematurely as if my predecessor had come back in the period between the host seeking a replacement and before I volunteered to substitute them, they would have successfully returned to this game.

UNVOTE: - in case any of my predecessor's votes are still being counted as mine.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 116, butterchurn wrote:
In post 93, Cape90 wrote: Also I think I agree with most of both you and catboi () on V0id at least to a degree, which probably just makes V0id town IMO.
Can you explain this? Why do you agree with both, when they (notscience and catboi) have/had significantly differing opinions? And why does that make VOID town?
Well it is more of like, bits and pieces.
In post 79, notscience wrote:It read to me like someone entirely new to the medium not knowing what tells are and aren't important
Like this from notsciences post, and I guess I could partially agree on V0id wanting to go off the ideas of more experienced players to form their own opinions.
In post 60, catboi wrote:
In post 47, V0ID wrote:To explain, I did notice that even before you posted about it. I just did not think it was worth mentioning at the time since notscience did participate by calling those two out and it wasn't just a "busy, will post later" post like cape's. But I still did notice a similarity. I thought it was worth mentioning once I saw that someone else did notice it and there might actually be something there.
I guess I am trying to make reads from the little we have. As for leaving myself open, I do lean towards a scum read on cape but you are right I could go in either direction as I am unsure about it.
I feel like this type of wording comes from scum more often than not. Town can be uncertain about their reads but the language here feels overly cautious in a way that reads more like someone who doesn't want to have the "wrong" opinion.
But I can definitely see this too as it does kinda read like scum trying to keep their options open.

I think posts like
In post 51, V0ID wrote:
i don't see the problem with my wording there
The reason I thought it was sorta scummy was that you could have just said "I have the tendency to want to post early in games", explaining it. But you added in the no matter what which reads sort of similar as:
"I have a tendency to want to post early in games even in games I am not mafia." Like I said, it could just me reading too much into it or making something out of nothing.
and
In post 58, V0ID wrote:
If you were genuinely trying to make reads from the little we have, you
would
have mentioned it on your own
Yea, I should have mentioned it on my own.
regardless of how little it seemed. And going forward, anything and everything is worth mentioning if you're town.
Thanks for the tip I will remember that and try to implement it for the future.
Quite literally, NS did not do any calling out of their "scum reads"
Scum read is the wrong terminology for that, I am realizing. Excuse me on that one, I'm pretty new to this. What I meant to say was that at the very least he dropped some names which was something although obviously very little. Yes, it was weak and barely anything but it was something.
-->> I would like ONE (or more) original idea or observation about this game, VOID, that isn't piggybacking, third-wheeling, fence-sitting, or tiptoeing.
After rereading some of these posts, something that struck me as odd was cape's post#49 where he says
due to butterchurn's post here
In post 26, butterchurn wrote:So... anyone want to get in an argument over something minor that is probably a null tell, thus creating some content for everyone to discuss and react to? That's how things usually get started, right? Silence is good for scum.
The choice of words of "almost certainly town seems really strong", over pretty weak reasoning in my opinion. Maybe I am missing something.
Are both pretty towny, and I don't find the whole "Maybe I am missing something" thing to really be all that scummy. Pretty sure I have already said I liked the comment about the whole thanks for the tip thing, and honestly idk how to put the reason why I like that. It just seems like a random new town quip.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:51 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 135, Greeting wrote: Also, just want to say that this post might have been made prematurely as if my predecessor had come back in the period between the host seeking a replacement and before I volunteered to substitute them, they would have successfully returned to this game.
I believe they were banned from the site for two weeks, hence the replacement.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 137, butterchurn wrote:
In post 135, Greeting wrote: Also, just want to say that this post might have been made prematurely as if my predecessor had come back in the period between the host seeking a replacement and before I volunteered to substitute them, they would have successfully returned to this game.
I believe they were banned from the site for two weeks, hence the replacement.
Oh dear, what a mess. Let me check that out! :lol:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 135, Greeting wrote:
In post 49, Cape90 wrote:

In post 26, butterchurn wrote:
So... anyone want to get in an argument over something minor that is probably a null tell, thus creating some content for everyone to discuss and react to? That's how things usually get started, right? Silence is good for scum.

This entire thing probably never comes from mafia.
I disagree. While reading what happened in this game before, this post (26) picked my attention. It's just a bizarre thing to say imo. Too little for a scumtell though.
I think the whole silence is good for scum thing kinda comes from town, and it did spark catboi to do something more in that stage in regards to me.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:56 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 136, Cape90 wrote: Are both pretty towny, and I don't find the whole "Maybe I am missing something" thing to really be all that scummy. Pretty sure I have already said I liked the comment about the whole thanks for the tip thing, and honestly idk how to put the reason why I like that. It just seems like a random new town quip.
I know you had other reasons for thinking VOID was town, but I still don't follow the logic (at all) for why agreeing with some aspects of both sides of the debate between notscience and catboi directly leads to implying VOID as town, as you originally stated.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Cape90 »

also can we stop discussing substitutions, idk about here, but it's against the rules where I usually play
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 140, butterchurn wrote:
In post 136, Cape90 wrote: Are both pretty towny, and I don't find the whole "Maybe I am missing something" thing to really be all that scummy. Pretty sure I have already said I liked the comment about the whole thanks for the tip thing, and honestly idk how to put the reason why I like that. It just seems like a random new town quip.
I know you had other reasons for thinking VOID was town, but I still don't follow the logic (at all) for why agreeing with some aspects of both sides of the debate between notscience and catboi directly leads to implying VOID as town, as you originally stated.
it's more of a townlean and I feel like one argument holds more weight then the other. It really isn't this 50/50 split you may have going on in your head about my argument here
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Greeting »

I automatically take out the popcorn when I hear of someone breaking the rules. But this time, I take that laugh emote back - this wasn't funny. It looks like a pretty dark and depressing story to be fair.

Ahhlo
, if you're reading this - please go see a psychiatrist or a psychologist, your best shot would be both in that particular order. As a person who suffered and continues to fight mental health issues, game forums, including forums for mafia games, are not really an appropriate place to seek help, attention or validation. I hope that 2022 will be a better year for you, it really can get better.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:05 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 142, Cape90 wrote: it's more of a townlean and I feel like one argument holds more weight then the other. It really isn't this 50/50 split you may have going on in your head about my argument here
I'm just trying to understand what you meant, since it didn't make sense to me. Would it be accurate then to say that it's less about the fact that you agreed with both, and more that you found the town arguments to be convincing?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:06 am

Post by catboi »

In post 141, Cape90 wrote:also can we stop discussing substitutions, idk about here, but it's against the rules where I usually play
The ban's public knowledge and the rules are significantly more lenient here, although there's nothing to discern from it as far as in-game information goes, in this case.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Greeting »

Cape90 wrote:I think the whole silence is good for scum thing kinda comes from town, and it did spark catboi to do something more in that stage in regards to me.
I was actually speaking more about this part:
In post 26, butterchurn wrote:So... anyone want to get in an argument over something minor that is probably a null tell, thus creating some content for everyone to discuss and react to?
That's telling of an experienced player who seems acquainted well enough with the way the game mechanics usually work, so much that they already got bored of it. I'm just wondering why did they feel the need to let everyone in the world know that. This could easily be an overinterpretation, but it's staying in the back of my mind.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 144, butterchurn wrote:Would it be accurate then to say that it's less about the fact that you agreed with both, and more that you found the town arguments to be convincing?
yes
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 79, notscience wrote:To answer your question, I immediately side-eye SEs hard lurking in a game they should be taking the lead on.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I think this is a good direction for now. This game has been going on for a few real life days now and they did very little, if anything. It is far more bizarre if an SE does that rather than a relatively unknown newbie player.

Not Known 15
, please post your reads, if you have any.

VOTE: Not Known 15

This is E-2.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”