Newbie 2086 - Reaction GIFs | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-5

Not Known 15
(3): butterchurn, notscience, Greeting
butterchurn
(2): V0ID, ɀefiend
notscience
(2): Cape90, catboi
GeorgeBailey
(1): Not Known 15
Greeting
(1): GeorgeBailey

Not Voting
(1):
none

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: January 4, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-01-03 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- Prods will go out in approx (expired on 2021-12-26 21:00:00)
- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:47 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 146, Greeting wrote: That's telling of an experienced player who seems acquainted well enough with the way the game mechanics usually work, so much that they already got bored of it. I'm just wondering why did they feel the need to let everyone in the world know that. This could easily be an overinterpretation, but it's staying in the back of my mind.
Fair! At the least I've been a bit hesitant around the townleans a few people have been giving me, because I'm pretty sure I'd have acted fairly similarly if I had ended up as mafia. I guess, if I think about it, I
was
probably trying to let people know my level of experience, because I think that helps them have more accurate reads on me, and may give more context to future things I say.
V0ID
V0ID
Townie
V0ID
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:53 am

Post by V0ID »

Sorry guys for the inactivity. It's been a few busy days due to the holiday season. I still am kind of busy, but wanted to make a post even though it is not the most thought out one. By the way hi greeting and welcome to the game.

Notscience's colored list of his reads matches pretty similarly with my own, in particular the ends of it with a town lean on butterchurn and myself (not a lean, fully town!) and cape more on the scum end with everyone else in the middle. I am not sure what to make of that.
And at the risk of sounding parrot-y AGAIN of butterchurn, yes when I had time to read this thread yesterday I also was confused as to why cape said I was more town based on the opinions of catboi and notscience. Again, the wording seems off to me and it seems like cape is just picking a side now and going with the "void is town" side, as opposed to the more natural sounding response of something along the lines of: "after hearing their arguments I am starting to think void is town." (I hope I explained that well enough).

I am looking forward to hearing more from ɀefiend, as it seemed like he has like a lot of strong opinions just in general. And hopefully I can get a better read on him from his future posts.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:54 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 147, Cape90 wrote:
In post 144, butterchurn wrote:Would it be accurate then to say that it's less about the fact that you agreed with both, and more that you found the town arguments to be convincing?
yes
Okay. notscience was the one who made the town case. At the time you seemed pretty convinced that notscience was scum. Why did his case convince you of anything? And if you only were saying that the town case was what convinced you, why bring up your agreement with catboi's scum arguments? What relevance did that have to do with the final clause of that sentence, which again, for reference said:
In post 93, Cape90 wrote: Also I think I agree with most of both you and catboi () on V0id at least to a degree, which probably just makes V0id town IMO.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:39 am

Post by catboi »

Not Known 15 being pointedly useless is frustrating but not particularly alignment indicative either way. He's capable of faking stances as mafia so the refusal to do so isn't really a sign that he's frozen scum or anything. Not really thrilled with Greeting landing there with little else said.
In post 151, butterchurn wrote:
In post 146, Greeting wrote: That's telling of an experienced player who seems acquainted well enough with the way the game mechanics usually work, so much that they already got bored of it. I'm just wondering why did they feel the need to let everyone in the world know that. This could easily be an overinterpretation, but it's staying in the back of my mind.
Fair! At the least I've been a bit hesitant around the townleans a few people have been giving me, because I'm pretty sure I'd have acted fairly similarly if I had ended up as mafia. I guess, if I think about it, I
was
probably trying to let people know my level of experience, because I think that helps them have more accurate reads on me, and may give more context to future things I say.
I suspected as much which is why it's only a townlean, but you've passed a higher bar than everyone else at this point. If I couldn't pretend to have positive thoughts on anyone I'd likely fall into despair.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Catching up later today.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 148, Greeting wrote:
In post 79, notscience wrote:To answer your question, I immediately side-eye SEs hard lurking in a game they should be taking the lead on.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I think this is a good direction for now. This game has been going on for a few real life days now and they did very little, if anything. It is far more bizarre if an SE does that rather than a relatively unknown newbie player.

Not Known 15
, please post your reads, if you have any.

VOTE: Not Known 15

This is E-2.
Well, it is not.
I posted my reads.
In post 78, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 77, butterchurn wrote:VOTE: Not Known 15

Seriously? I know it's a slow game so far and it's holiday season, but surely you're capable of at least putting one single thought out there.
Yes. Everything you have talked about so far is NAI, and the responses also look like NAI so far.
The reads at that point were:
Town:Me
Null:Everyone else.
That's pretty clear.
Now, let me tell you what's suspicious:
Notscience's read confidence.
I won't repeat everything what Cape and catboi said, but basically they are right.
These reads are fake. At this point, there is no way that notscience should have reads like that. Only two nullreads, and
3 high confidence
reads?
BS.
VOTE: notscience
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

E-2
!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by notscience »

Hey catboi, you aren’t the
least bit suspicious
your wagon partners are the exact scumteam I have been championing?

Particularly because NK15 should be well aware my of my early game strength after FGO 2.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 158, notscience wrote:Hey catboi, you aren’t the least bit suspicious your wagon partners are the exact scumteam I have been championing?
Do I think that's likely to be the exact team? Probably not. I think that NK15's post sounds fairly artificial, though.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by notscience »

I dunno, both seem to be hitting pretty hard on the confidence in my reads thing…

If he called it survivalism I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but that’s an awful post lol
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 156, Not Known 15 wrote:I won't repeat everything what Cape and catboi said, but basically they are right.
These reads are fake. At this point, there is no way that notscience should have reads like that. Only two nullreads, and 3 high confidence reads?
BS.
His reads post was made prior to the last time you posted (and you clearly read it, since you parrotted it). Why is it only now worth a mention, despite being so significant you're voting over it?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

GeorgeBailey and ɀefiend have been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

I'm here, but I'm gonna read with a fresh mind. See y'all in ~12 hours.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 156, Not Known 15 wrote: Well, it is not.
I posted my reads.
[...]
The reads at that point were:
Town:Me
Null:Everyone else.
That's pretty clear.
Now, let me tell you what's suspicious:
Notscience's read confidence.
I won't repeat everything what Cape and catboi said, but basically they are right.
These reads are fake. At this point, there is no way that notscience should have reads like that. Only two nullreads, and
3 high confidence
reads?
BS.
VOTE: notscience
So you think that
notscience
is suspicious because they're very confident in their beliefs. I've read all of their posts. The tone of their posts doesn't give me much to suspect to be fair. I also agree with some of their takes, such as the aforementioned post .

I must admit that I also find it suspicious when someone gets so adamant about getting a hyperaccurate read early on in Day 1 in the game. Like, what even is this (the original post had a wide palette of colours which seemed to indicate how suspicious they look to the author).
In post 79, notscience wrote:Void
Butter
catboi
zefiend
GB
ahllo
NK15
Cape
Taken from less than 78 posts (some came from the host and the player themselves)?

Both equalise one another to be fair. I'm not willing to vote out
notscience
yet.

What do you think of
catboi
and
Cape90
?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:48 am

Post by Greeting »

I reread and you had mentioned both players actually and kind of answered my last question. Sorry.

Let me rephrase it: how suspicious do you think both of them are in relation to other players?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 161, butterchurn wrote:
In post 156, Not Known 15 wrote:I won't repeat everything what Cape and catboi said, but basically they are right.
These reads are fake. At this point, there is no way that notscience should have reads like that. Only two nullreads, and 3 high confidence reads?
BS.
His reads post was made prior to the last time you posted (and you clearly read it, since you parrotted it). Why is it only now worth a mention, despite being so significant you're voting over it?
Because the post that said that these 3 reads were actually high confidence reads came later.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:45 am

Post by notscience »

It was four, actually.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:52 am

Post by butterchurn »

"more confident" is different from "high confidence". 2 is more than 1, that doesn't make it 100. I find the collective misinterpretation of this a little strange. You could argue that the word choice reveals some deeper subtext, and I might at least understand that, but nobody actually has, unless I missed it somewhere. You're just taking at face value that he revealed some inappropriately extreme level of confidence, and sourcing this from the general narrative that has appeared, rather than any original evidence. Seems like strange behavior. Then again, notscience hasn't exactly said anything since then to imply any less than a high level of confidence, but I wouldn't really expect him to as either alignment.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:16 am

Post by butterchurn »

By the way, "you" in that post refers to both Not Known and Greeting. I find both of those behaviors strange. It feels like appealing to some sort of town "common sense", like "ah yes, as everyone knows, x happened, and I find that suspicious", but without ever supporting the idea that x did happen. That has a scummy feel to it for several reasons -- it's secondhand, it's continuing to push a narrative, and it gives an impression of agreeing with the general consensus even where there isn't one. I would likely have little to issue with the suspicion if the "high confidence" idea was more supported, but I find the fact that it was taken for granted to be strange.

Greetings post just felt slightly weird to me in general though, it seemed at first like he was going to push back against the point (the wording of the opening sentence doesn't feel like comes from a place of agreement to me, and if that's wrong then I don't understand the intent of it), but then ended up agreeing with the point that was made.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:52 am

Post by catboi »

Not opposed to flipping NK15 atm, although if he's town and I get NKed, notscience should absolutely go Day 2. Don't think notscience is scum with Void, Greeting, or cape, though, butterchurn a general townlean, so if he is scum it's likely only with Zefiend or GeorgeBailey.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:01 am

Post by catboi »

(There are reasons for those conclusions but it's not worth going into ATM)

Would like to hear more from zefiend and George here
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:34 am

Post by notscience »

I know I know I know!

Pick me!

Pick me!