Newbie 2086 - Reaction GIFs | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 153, butterchurn wrote:
In post 147, Cape90 wrote:
In post 144, butterchurn wrote:Would it be accurate then to say that it's less about the fact that you agreed with both, and more that you found the town arguments to be convincing?
yes
Okay. notscience was the one who made the town case. At the time you seemed pretty convinced that notscience was scum. Why did his case convince you of anything?
And if you only were saying that the town case was what convinced you,
why bring up your agreement with catboi's scum arguments?
What relevance did that have to do with the final clause of that sentence, which again, for reference said:
In post 93, Cape90 wrote: Also I think I agree with most of both you and catboi () on V0id at least to a degree, which probably just makes V0id town IMO.
i had the thought in my head before notscience said anything about it.

That is a wording that kinda threw me off too, so that's why I brought it up
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 170, catboi wrote:Not opposed to flipping NK15 atm, although if he's town and I get NKed, notscience should absolutely go Day 2. Don't think notscience is scum with Void, Greeting, or cape, though, butterchurn a general townlean, so if he is scum it's likely only with Zefiend or GeorgeBailey.
Why are you repeating the exact thoughts I had in the game right now?

But I don't get the Greeting thing though I think they have been almost entirely NAI this whole time this game. This is coming from someone who was hard defending them last game we played together.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 168, butterchurn wrote:Then again, notscience hasn't exactly said anything since then to imply any less than a high level of confidence,
but I wouldn't really expect him to as either alignment.
Could you elaborate here?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Cape90 »

The way notscience dodged one of my questions then proceeded to answer another reeks of insecurity IMO. In a deer in the headlights type of way
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:55 am

Post by notscience »

Which did I dodge I’ll answer it rn

But deer in headlights is about the least accurate description of my play here lmao
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:56 am

Post by catboi »

In post 176, Cape90 wrote:
In post 170, catboi wrote:Not opposed to flipping NK15 atm, although if he's town and I get NKed, notscience should absolutely go Day 2. Don't think notscience is scum with Void, Greeting, or cape, though, butterchurn a general townlean, so if he is scum it's likely only with Zefiend or GeorgeBailey.
Why are you repeating the exact thoughts I had in the game right now?

But I don't get the Greeting thing though I think they have been almost entirely NAI this whole time this game. This is coming from someone who was hard defending them last game we played together.
I don't townread Greeting individually. I don't think he comes in and immediately backs up notscience the way he has if they're scum partners, too on the nose, would expect he'd be more fearful of them seemingly obviously teamed and would take a cautious approach.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:01 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 177, Cape90 wrote:
In post 168, butterchurn wrote:Then again, notscience hasn't exactly said anything since then to imply any less than a high level of confidence,
but I wouldn't really expect him to as either alignment.
Could you elaborate here?
Both from this game and from prior games of his that I've read, he doesn't strike me as the type to really back down or concede much. He seems to generally play with that sort of aggressive confidence. I don't remember if I read a game of his where he was mafia or not in my earlier research, but I'd be surprised if that doesn't apply there too.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Cape90 »

Alright notscience, I got an imaginary tin foil world in my head. Let's say I go through, I flip town. I think if I were you and you were town, I think catboi is probably worth considering. I dunno if I like them if you are indeed town
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:32 am

Post by notscience »

Why does scum catboi shade me for the townlean like he did? I feel like his reaction to my townread on him was kinda knee jerk to come from scum catboi
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:33 am

Post by butterchurn »

I'm always a bit concerned when people start talking about "if x flips this, we should do this the next day", especially in a small game like this, but I understand the town rationale/thought process behind it.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:59 am

Post by notscience »

I understand I am me and you have to take this with a grain of salt but I’ve been told I’m less cocky as scum
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:00 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 183, notscience wrote:Why does scum catboi shade me for the townlean like he did? I feel like his reaction to my townread on him was kinda knee jerk to come from scum catboi
I don't know how catboi plays scum since I haven't read a scum game of his, but I find that pushing back against townleans is a pretty common scum tactic, since it usually gets some town cred and is relatively safe. Not exactly a scumtell, but I don't see it as evidence for town.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:08 am

Post by notscience »

Yeah, maybe. Idk. I think his pursuing of my “confidence” there is weirdly specific as scum?

Dunno, I could be off there? I’m willing to hesr out a case on him
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:09 am

Post by notscience »

Out of curiosity, what games of mine did you read?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 168, butterchurn wrote:"more confident" is different from "high confidence". 2 is more than 1, that doesn't make it 100. I find the collective misinterpretation of this a little strange. You could argue that the word choice reveals some deeper subtext, and I might at least understand that, but nobody actually has, unless I missed it somewhere. You're just taking at face value that he revealed some inappropriately extreme level of confidence, and sourcing this from the general narrative that has appeared, rather than any original evidence. Seems like strange behavior. Then again, notscience hasn't exactly said anything since then to imply any less than a high level of confidence, but I wouldn't really expect him to as either alignment.
It is not a misinterpretation.
Catboi was shaded differently, as a townlean.(different shade of green, not shading)
So those others are strong townreads.
saying more confident means in this case high confidence, because the other read was definitely not shallow confidence. That would definitely have been worded differently, no?
But there is an easy way forward.
We push notscience for the exact reasonings for all of the reads - all of them - they displayed and for why the confidence in each of them is as it is.

Notscience produces them, and then we will be able to come to a conclusion based on what they showed.

Notscience, I await, in your next posts, all reasons for the reads you gave us, and why these reasons set your confidence to that level. Full explanation.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:17 am

Post by notscience »

Given I won’t be at a computer until later you’ll have to wait until then.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:18 am

Post by notscience »

But I’ll show you mine if you show me yours ;)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:26 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 188, notscience wrote:Out of curiosity, what games of mine did you read?
Not sure, I skimmed a few and read at least one more in depth but can't find it on a quick look. Can find it later if you really want. While I was looking, though, I did find some relatively recent newbie games as mafia so I'll probably look through those later.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:31 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 189, Not Known 15 wrote: It is not a misinterpretation.
Catboi was shaded differently, as a townlean.(different shade of green, not shading)
So those others are strong townreads.
saying more confident means in this case high confidence, because the other read was definitely not shallow confidence. That would definitely have been worded differently, no?
But there is an easy way forward.
We push notscience for the exact reasonings for all of the reads - all of them - they displayed and for why the confidence in each of them is as it is.

Notscience produces them, and then we will be able to come to a conclusion based on what they showed.

Notscience, I await, in your next posts, all reasons for the reads you gave us, and why these reasons set your confidence to that level. Full explanation.
Not sure I agree with the first part that we can know the level of confidence, but I accept that as a reasonable interpretation.

Second part I'm in favor of.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:35 am

Post by catboi »

In post 184, butterchurn wrote:I'm always a bit concerned when people start talking about "if x flips this, we should do this the next day", especially in a small game like this, but I understand the town rationale/thought process behind it.
I'm specifically only bringing this up because my concern is that no one is likely to catch notscience as scum if I'm dead, wouldn't bring it up at all but had the initial concern because of his approach toward me

FTR, as scum I just take the townlean from him and nightkill him at the earliest possible convenience so I can coast to a win
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:36 am

Post by catboi »

"explain all your reads in detail or you're scum" is...pretty lame. And I don't think notscience would struggle to provide explanations as scum.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:54 am

Post by notscience »

In post 192, butterchurn wrote:
In post 188, notscience wrote:Out of curiosity, what games of mine did you read?
Not sure, I skimmed a few and read at least one more in depth but can't find it on a quick look. Can find it later if you really want. While I was looking, though, I did find some relatively recent newbie games as mafia so I'll probably look through those later.
I am, just humor me.

There’s one in particular I think is a good idea what I aim for as scum- I’ll get you it later.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:58 am

Post by notscience »

Dawww that means a lot catboi :,)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Cape
I think if I were you and you were town, I think catboi is probably worth considering. I dunno if I like them if you are indeed town
Why not?

Greeting
Both equalise one another to be fair.
One thing...
Why do my initial "everything seems not AI so far" and nottys reads with utmost confidence equalize each other, Greeting? What's the story behind that?

V0id

No, I can't discern if this is town or scum, yet. Newbie, no meta, and the cautiousness could be part of their personality, including their new - ness, or not. Only time will tell.

butter

I mean, they look like someone who tries to push, but I have not seen anything that indicates that these pushes come from town. A rusty mafia player is not someone I
ould sort easily anyways, with zero meta.

zefiend

There's nothing that couldn't come from scum. Or town. Really not. Meta is stale.

notty

I already covered that.

GB

Shallow activity. Not enough data.

catboi

And I don't see anything AI. Yes, there are posts, and yes, there are reads, but none of them are AI.

For Cape, and Greeting, I need an answer first.
Now, it's your turn.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 195, catboi wrote:"explain all your reads in detail or you're scum" is...pretty lame. And I don't think notscience would struggle to provide explanations as scum.
Wait. Really? I mean, you scumread the number of reads, and nottys read on you. You know notty. And yet you say that notscience wouldn't struggle to find explanations? Do you mean credible explanations? And if yes, why do you scumread notty for that if you think there are possible explanations that are credible?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”