Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 598, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 539, imaginality wrote:Why did you shift from your 2-1-0 view to your 1-1-1 view?
My original assumption was it was all town at your location. The fact that no one shifted from there LEDs me to the more likely scenario of 1/1/1
you thought all three of imaginality, baltar, and tanner were town?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I just scanned Pav's iso, and he does not look like he is solving, like at all. So far he has had "I swapped, so Luke scum" and that was basically it. Nothing about anything Ari and I said day 1 or post swap on trying to sort the two of us. But also a weird call for me to vote him and a joke about voting Ari. It does not feel like he is playing to win this game.

And basically nothing on anyone in either other game.
In post 478, Pavowski wrote:
In post 474, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 463, Pavowski wrote:Yeah getting swapped threw me. Ok.
Did you put much thought into your original game. You, numberq, toog at the wall
I was leaning Q there for scum.
This was literally the only read in his whole iso that was not me. And it was that Q is scum, after being asked directly, and it did not come with any reasonings what so ever.

Like, it feels like he has just decided to avoid giving associative all together. Possibly means that q is +town, because would someone who is avoiding giving associatives have their only read of the game be fos'ing their buddy?

----

And thinking about the swap dynamics for scum pav.

ScumPav + Scum Implo swap -- does not seem like an smart swap. Implo had a decent chance to win the keep. So I think that that scum team swaps Pav with the scum at the gate, since Tanner already thought that imaginality and Baltar were both scum. Gives Pav the greatest chance of not walking into a completely unwinnable game.

ScumPav , Town implo swap -- This makes some sense. scum toog or Q would have a hard time winning the Keep, and pav would have a hard time winning the wall. So that swap seems like it would be to sacrifice the keep to increase their odds at the wall. Which, I think means that the scum at the gate thinks they have a decent chance or winning the gate if they accepted straight tanking the keep.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.1

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(0)
Not voting
(2)
VP Baltar, Tanner

KeepGuardian Votes
Lukewarm
(0)
Aristeia
(0)
Pavowski
(0)
Not voting
(3)
Lukewarm, Aristeia, Pavowski

WallGuardian Votes
Toogeloo
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)
Toogeloo, numberQ, implosion

The score is 0-0.
The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-06 15:00:00).

The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).
Last edited by Prism on Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm struggling reading these walls. My brain isn't working right now lol. Every wall post looks like wifom discussion, like "It could be A, maybe B, probably not C (though that isn't off the table), maybe D?"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I still think we should flip the IC's group first since I believe all of those slots will give us the most info to work with.

Are we allowed to vote there, or is it strictly like a MeLo thing and only the people in the group can vote?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm not finding nearly as many reads regarding numberQ from other players as I am about implosion. If people from outside our game can give reads there, I appreciate it.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 604, Toogeloo wrote:Are we allowed to vote there, or is it strictly like a MeLo thing and only the people in the group can vote?
When I say this, I know our vote doesn't matter I guess, but is there a reason we can't vote just so that people not in the games are held accountable as well? Or will it not matter?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:00 am

Post by implosion »

In post 597, Aristeia wrote:Implosion,

if the game is at 1-1-1 preswap,

why do you think you get flipped to wall instead of gate?
Swapping keep/gate and keeping wall intact would give town a lot of information in the sense that toog/nQ/DArby were all "collective scumreads" and keeping them all there would tell us that there's actually only one scum amongst them.

Lots of other possible reasons too, I mean, maybe scum thought the current 1v1 at Gate was better than the equivalent 1v1 where I'm deciding instead of Tanner. Or that they didn't want to swap Tanner to Keep because of the Tanner/Ari situation. Or that they thought swapping me with whichever one of VP/imaginality is town would give a worse 1v1 there. Or maybe they thought they were only going to win wall and going to lose the other two no matter what if they swapped between them, or something. I can think of a lot of possible reasonings. Probably it comes down to, in some form, VP/imaginality whichever is scum thinking they could win this 1v1.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:03 am

Post by implosion »

In post 603, Toogeloo wrote:I'm struggling reading these walls. My brain isn't working right now lol. Every wall post looks like wifom discussion, like "It could be A, maybe B, probably not C (though that isn't off the table), maybe D?"
Yeah this is why I was saying we should go back to traditional scum hunting.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 607, implosion wrote:Probably it comes down to, in some form, VP/imaginality whichever is scum thinking they could win this 1v1.
This is more or less what I thought.

Between the two of them, which do you think is more likely to believe they will win?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:36 am

Post by implosion »

In post 609, Aristeia wrote:This is more or less what I thought.

Between the two of them, which do you think is more likely to believe they will win?
I don't know; I don't know either of them especially well. If there is strong reason to believe one of them would think it more strongly than the other, then that would be a decent reason to read them as scum, but only assuming we do gate last, since doing the other two locations first would confirm whether or not the situation was 1/1/1, and this logic obviously disintegrates if it was actually 2/1/0.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Pavowski »

WRT Luke's wall on me:

Spoiler:
In post 601, Lukewarm wrote:I just scanned Pav's iso, and he does not look like he is solving, like at all. So far he has had "I swapped, so Luke scum" and that was basically it. Nothing about anything Ari and I said day 1 or post swap on trying to sort the two of us. But also a weird call for me to vote him and a joke about voting Ari. It does not feel like he is playing to win this game.

And basically nothing on anyone in either other game.
In post 478, Pavowski wrote:
In post 474, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 463, Pavowski wrote:Yeah getting swapped threw me. Ok.
Did you put much thought into your original game. You, numberq, toog at the wall
I was leaning Q there for scum.
This was literally the only read in his whole iso that was not me. And it was that Q is scum, after being asked directly, and it did not come with any reasonings what so ever.

Like, it feels like he has just decided to avoid giving associative all together. Possibly means that q is +town, because would someone who is avoiding giving associatives have their only read of the game be fos'ing their buddy?

----

And thinking about the swap dynamics for scum pav.

ScumPav + Scum Implo swap -- does not seem like an smart swap. Implo had a decent chance to win the keep. So I think that that scum team swaps Pav with the scum at the gate, since Tanner already thought that imaginality and Baltar were both scum. Gives Pav the greatest chance of not walking into a completely unwinnable game.

ScumPav , Town implo swap -- This makes some sense. scum toog or Q would have a hard time winning the Keep, and pav would have a hard time winning the wall. So that swap seems like it would be to sacrifice the keep to increase their odds at the wall. Which, I think means that the scum at the gate thinks they have a decent chance or winning the gate if they accepted straight tanking the keep.

This is not a great excuse, but I've replaced into a slot that is pretty widely scumread and lots of people want to leash the vote in this particular minigame. Add to that a family thing today and well, best I can say is ... My bad, and I will try a bit harder tonight/tomorrow.

That said, you (Luke) are SRing me pretty hard. I take it that means you'd rather vote Ari right now?

@ari, same question. If you had to vote right now, would it be me or Luke?

I do need to look more closely at the other minis, but my first thoughts are for this one. Replacing in, my goal is just to not blow this particular mini for town.

Tanner? You asked for my experience with Luke. To put a fine point on it, the case he's making here? This sounds like scum!Luke trying to make sure I don't get a foothold to keep it 1v1 with Ari.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 611, Pavowski wrote:Tanner? You asked for my experience with Luke. To put a fine point on it, the case he's making here? This sounds like scum!Luke trying to make sure I don't get a foothold to keep it 1v1 with Ari.

I don't see why Scum!Luke would alienate you, if you become convinced he is scum, don't you just vote for me and then he loses?

It seems like a lot of effort for not much gain.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 611, Pavowski wrote:@ari, same question. If you had to vote right now, would it be me or Luke?
If I had to vote now I would pick Luke over you.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 605, Toogeloo wrote:I'm not finding nearly as many reads regarding numberQ from other players as I am about implosion. If people from outside our game can give reads there, I appreciate it.
In post 612, Aristeia wrote:
In post 611, Pavowski wrote:Tanner? You asked for my experience with Luke. To put a fine point on it, the case he's making here? This sounds like scum!Luke trying to make sure I don't get a foothold to keep it 1v1 with Ari.

I don't see why Scum!Luke would alienate you, if you become convinced he is scum, don't you just vote for me and then he loses?

It seems like a lot of effort for not much gain.
Disagree. If he's scum, he has to contend with the possibility that one of us will vote the other. If he can scumlock me, he doesn't have to worry about you voting me. It's one less way for him to lose here.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 613, Aristeia wrote:
In post 611, Pavowski wrote:@ari, same question. If you had to vote right now, would it be me or Luke?
If I had to vote now I would pick Luke over you.
Fair. What do you need to hear from me to give me a chance at winning you over?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I don't think it's very realistic for him to be worried about me voting for you when you haven't done anything?

However if he pushes you too hard and makes you think he is mafia, he does have to worry about you voting for me.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 615, Pavowski wrote:Fair. What do you need to hear from me to give me a chance at winning you over?
I mean if you're locking Luke in scum trying to shade you I don't see why it would be me voting you, wouldn't it make more sense for you to vote for me?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Tanner »

i'll just chime in to say that, pav, i would like to hear your opinion on the other two games, not only on your own, when you've read up.
your eyes on the city.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I love the chiseled chin look
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Tanner »

of course, don't let me distract you, keep the current convo going, just like. eventually, don't forget to weigh in on the rest. kthx
your eyes on the city.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Aristeia »

it's hard not to be distracted by you

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Tanner »

ari, you consistently manage to genuinely put a smile on my face, i'm gonna be heartbroken if you're scum here.
your eyes on the city.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Gonna drop an edible and drop some spicy takes on the proper 1v1 tonight, buckle up
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 622, Tanner wrote:ari, you consistently manage to genuinely put a smile on my face, i'm gonna be heartbroken if you're scum here.

This makes me happy even if we lose here <3

I am town with you so in the end we shall be together no matter what.

Return to “Completed Open Games”