Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 873, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 868, Pavowski wrote:Doesn't matter maybe but wouldn't you consider it bonus points if you changed my mind?
Sure, happy to have you but I'm not certain certain you're town either so...

I do think imaginality's read on Darby looked fake af.
Not certain I'm town = not certain I'm scum

I'm making progress!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 872, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 867, Aristeia wrote:What have you done this game with a pro-town motivation?
I organized a badass sort. Doesn't get more obvtown than that.
Can you explain this in more detail please?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 868, Pavowski wrote:Doesn't matter maybe but wouldn't you consider it bonus points if you changed my mind?

from your pov all of imag's reads r fake
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 870, Pavowski wrote:I haven't been so much, I've been trying to figure out Luke. If I can sort him, I can sort you.

I also haven't been sure how to approach you because your playstyle is ... weird
I see.

Well feel free to ask me anything that you think would help :)
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 874, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 857, Aristeia wrote:
In post 671, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 670, Aristeia wrote:Luke what would you say is your best completed scum game on the site so far? I do want to read it for a comparison.
Probably this one: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=86874

That is the only scum game I have won lol
So I've skimmed this game and a few of your other games and I do feel you are closer to your town!meta than your scum!meta here;

However the example you gave me was imo a weaker performance than your scumplay in popcorn and I feel it's somewhat strange that Pavo didn't call you out for this.

I suspect it might have to do with himself playing much townier / more assertively in popcorn than this game and he felt perhaps it would not be a good example to bring up.
Well, I mean I won the game that I linked and I lost popcorn, so that leads me to think that I was stronger in that game? I generally think of the newbie game and the popcorn as my good scum games, and DSII and that bastard one as my bad scum games.

I am really proud of the newbie one because of the way that I knew I had been guilted I went all out on setting up false associatives that day phase before the jailkeeper realized that they had a guilty on me, and then from the ghost chat I watched people walk down the exact false associatives that I purposefully put out there. It felt really good and rewarding.

Popcorn was not fun. At all. But I kept trying anyways, but I lost anyways. So both the way that game felt and its conclusion make it a game that I don't go back to when I am thinking about my prior games, but I know I did pretty good. I even have a quote pulled in my sig from it - the hectic one.

My other scum games being Pooky's Dead Silence II - I think that I did pretty badly on that one over all. I think that the set up got to me, and I over corrected in trying to not look like I was playing to the scum win con. And the bastard game, that we probably my least favorite game on site, and I even repped out, because it was a hot mess. I did not do very good that game either, but also my alignment changed multiple times (scum -> town -> scum), so :shrug:

Spoiler:
for those keeping up that gives me a 1 win 3 loss scum history :oops:

-----

Also, from Pav's pov, he town read me in the newbie game, and scum read me in the popcorn game - so the newbie game might be the one he thinks is better too, just because that is the one that I tricked him personally in.

That's fair

I just meant your posting style in the newbie is much further from your town meta posting style than your posting style in the Popcorn game so it's a more accurate representation of how closely you can replicate your townstyle.

Whereas the newbie game your goal was not to blend in but to set the town up to fail post flip.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 878, Aristeia wrote:
In post 870, Pavowski wrote:I haven't been so much, I've been trying to figure out Luke. If I can sort him, I can sort you.

I also haven't been sure how to approach you because your playstyle is ... weird
I see.

Well feel free to ask me anything that you think would help :)
Sure, tell me who is scum on the Wall because I am struggling there
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 864, VP Baltar wrote:Luke, can I ask why you're townreading Ari? Based off your posting, a lot of it seems to be related to Tanner interactions where you were assuming Tanner was scum. That wasn't true, obv. Are you still townreading Ari based on those old assumptions, or are there other reasons?
I don't think that any of my reasons for town reading ari were hinging on my read on tanner. When I sat down to do isos over the break, I did Ari and Implo first because they were in my game. Then I moved on to the Gate and read Tanner, and started scum reading him pretty hard, and then I agree that influenced my iso reads after that.

But a run down
Day 1:
- offering to vote tanner in the keep
- offering to vote me in the keep
- the way her vibe matched our prior game together (laid back alt gimick, but then breaking character to check into things that ping her. see :down: )
- the way she started questioning tanner once I put out my own worry of tanner

Day 2:
- Asking Tanner to help her pick who to vote
- And like, the fact that she just showed that she has gone and read at least 2 different games that had both me and pav in it to try and sort the two of us. Seems like a lot of effort for scum who would already be in a decent position. She did not even use anything she found in the meta to change her reads. So she had reads. Read two whole games. Came back and said "yep, I like my reads from before"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think NQ is out of scumrange and I'm leaning tooges over implo but I'm worried it might be because I almost never townread tooge correctly plus he was sick so I'd like to give the replacement a clean slate.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I haven't done quite as much meta homework on NQ as Luke but I just feel his posting feels very pure and not performative.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Do you think that imaginality having a fake looking scum read on Darby makes Darby scum or town. I was unclear the first time you mentioned it
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Aristeia »

tbf I didnt actually read two complete games

I just skimmed your iso from a few games for tone, content, length and timing.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 882, Aristeia wrote:I think NQ is out of scumrange and I'm leaning tooges over implo but I'm worried it might be because I almost never townread tooge correctly plus he was sick so I'd like to give the replacement a clean slate.
My one game with Q was a town!Q game so I don't have that frame of reference. Interesting.

Hate it for Toog... I was pleased I was able to townread him correctly in that same Popcorn game with me and Luke. (Course it took until the end.) I was curious if I'd read him rightly again here.

Anyway.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 870, Pavowski wrote:I also haven't been sure how to approach you because your playstyle is ... weird
I am curious about this though.

What do you mean when you say weird?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 886, Pavowski wrote:
In post 882, Aristeia wrote:I think NQ is out of scumrange and I'm leaning tooges over implo but I'm worried it might be because I almost never townread tooge correctly plus he was sick so I'd like to give the replacement a clean slate.
My one game with Q was a town!Q game so I don't have that frame of reference. Interesting.

Hate it for Toog... I was pleased I was able to townread him correctly in that same Popcorn game with me and Luke. (Course it took until the end.) I was curious if I'd read him rightly again here.

Anyway.
I was comparing to his iso from Squid Game.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 887, Aristeia wrote:
In post 870, Pavowski wrote:I also haven't been sure how to approach you because your playstyle is ... weird
I am curious about this though.

What do you mean when you say weird?
Your ISO here (I have not researched you in other games) feels like 60% pure fluff, 25% casual-sounding questioning, and maybe 10% sharp insight and analysis, but like sharp enough that it convinces me *this* is where you live and the rest is persona

I'm just trying to figure out how to interpret all of that
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think the simplest way would be for you to disregard the "fluff" and focus on the substance?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 890, Aristeia wrote:I think the simplest way would be for you to disregard the "fluff" and focus on the substance?
Well, yes, but the fluff is there for a reason
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Aristeia »

because I like flirting with Tanner? It's not exactly a mystery.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I guess you could try to read me on the fluff but if you don't feel comfortable with reading for emotion I think it's fairly simple to just ignore it and read me for content and interaction.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 892, Aristeia wrote:because I like flirting with Tanner? It's not exactly a mystery.
k.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 893, Aristeia wrote:I guess you could try to read me on the fluff but if you don't feel comfortable with reading for emotion I think it's fairly simple to just ignore it and read me for content and interaction.
That's the thing, I think I'm ... kinda not bad with reading for emotion? But it'd be useful to have a baseline. Anyway, we were talking about why you were weird, and there you have it, one dummy's opinion
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I linked my last game with Ari earlier. It had me + Ari + Tanner (on his main, Datisi), all three were town

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87284

That is what I have been comparing her to.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Just a side note, and I am not trying to alt hunt you Ari, just recalibrating a bit.

Based on your comments about the original run of this game, I thought I knew who you were - like your response to my vote in. But the amount of meta reading you have done is not fitting with how I have seen that person play. I kinda feel extra bad about being snippy with you day 1 in , because if you are not that person, it simply does not apply to you.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 895, Pavowski wrote:
In post 893, Aristeia wrote:I guess you could try to read me on the fluff but if you don't feel comfortable with reading for emotion I think it's fairly simple to just ignore it and read me for content and interaction.
That's the thing, I think I'm ... kinda not bad with reading for emotion? But it'd be useful to have a baseline. Anyway, we were talking about why you were weird, and there you have it, one dummy's opinion
ok but if you feel uncomfortable reading me for emotional tells you can always just interact with me on the content level instead.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 897, Lukewarm wrote:Just a side note, and I am not trying to alt hunt you Ari, just recalibrating a bit.

Based on your comments about the original run of this game, I thought I knew who you were - like your response to my vote in. But the amount of meta reading you have done is not fitting with how I have seen that person play. I kinda feel extra bad about being snippy with you day 1 in , because if you are not that person, it simply does not apply to you.
I don't mind if you are snippy with me, it's fine Luke.

Return to “Completed Open Games”