Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am giving myself whip lash, because I had started leaning towards wanting the keep to go before the wall to give the replacement time to get settled in / prove himself as town if town, but his entrance made me want to yeet him into the sun.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1148, RH9 wrote:I have them both at null for now. I will focus on them more in the future.
How do you feel about having both of your mini-game opponents at null, when you know that one of them must be scum?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:35 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 1151, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1148, RH9 wrote:I have them both at null for now. I will focus on them more in the future.
How do you feel about having both of your mini-game opponents at null, when you know that one of them must be scum?
I don't know. I'm planning to reevulate them in my free time.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

hmmmm.

Maybe I should chill, and let him read. But him looking at this game and deciding that calling me scummier then pav was his number one priority over solving his own game feels wild to me.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:38 am

Post by imaginality »

Oh, yeah that was for him being low content though. In that same post the sentence earlier it's clear I was assuming it would be me and VP at the Gate in that same post. There was a bit of confusion around whether VP wanted us at Wall or Gate though so I covered off the possibility people would want us at Wall.
At no point did I say I wanted numberQ at Gate.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:39 am

Post by imaginality »

That was @Tanner.
And now I'll be back in an hour or two.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

you and tanner are having two different conversations.

Tanner is saying that you were okay with VP Baltar + you + tanner together and also okay with having VP Baltar + you + DArby together. Location did not matter.

You are saying that you never wanted VP Baltar + you + DArby at the Gate.

Both of those sentences are true
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The benefit of doing the gate first is that is where the most associatives will come from. Fingers crossed, Tanner votes out imaginality and town is then up a game with good associatives to win the keep.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1129, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1127, Lukewarm wrote:**note to self to ask about Ari wrt his sort in 268/270
@Baltar, when you made your sort in 268, were you trying to do a 3 towniest / 3 scummiest / 3 nullest split ?
More like, start with Tanners concern of me and imaginality, which I know is not fully accurate. Then put Tanner with us to prevent any fuckery if Tanner happened to be scum.

Next, I tried to put my strongest townread of implo at the keep because that seemed like it might make for an easy win.

The wall just ended up being the leftovers because that is the hardest game to win.
YOUR AD HERE

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1157, VP Baltar wrote:The benefit of doing the gate first is that is where the most associatives will come from. Fingers crossed, Tanner votes out imaginality and town is then up a game with good associatives to win the keep.
What associatives from the Gate do you think will help us win the Keep after you are gone? You already have those associatives, what do they tell you?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1135, Tanner wrote:you know how throughout this game you were like "but what if tanner is this 9000 IQ powerwolf who's trying to force all of the assignments in such a way to fulfill his nefarious plans!??!!?!?"
Haha. Oh come on. That was a smart move on my part and you know it. It is a great read test on you for me, and it stops any planning you hypothetically could have been doing.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1159, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1157, VP Baltar wrote:The benefit of doing the gate first is that is where the most associatives will come from. Fingers crossed, Tanner votes out imaginality and town is then up a game with good associatives to win the keep.
What associatives from the Gate do you think will help us win the Keep after you are gone? You already have those associatives, what do they tell you?
Most strongly that Ari's scum equity goes up with an imaginality red flip.

It's not a slam dunk, but I think people think I'm a little crazy right now. Knowing for a fact I'm town will show that the arguments I'm making need serious consideration
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

We are also getting to the point of needing to make a decision on a game so we aren't rushing the later games. I do think gate has had the most robust discussion to this point.
YOUR AD HERE

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Would it not be just as effective to do it the other way around? Flip the Keep, and if she is red, then that wins the gate?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1161, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1159, Lukewarm wrote:
Most strongly that Ari's scum equity goes up with an imaginality red flip.

It's not a slam dunk, but I think people think I'm a little crazy right now. Knowing for a fact I'm town will show that the arguments I'm making need serious consideration
This is probably the towniest thing you've said all game

which is great because it makes very little sense.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

My concern at the moment is that you might know that keep associatives look bad for you, and therefore want to go first.

So, I want to see if your thought processes about going first actually line up

(In case you were wondering about this line of questioning)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1163, Lukewarm wrote:Would it not be just as effective to do it the other way around? Flip the Keep, and if she is red, then that wins the gate?
I don't think it is a guarantee I'm right though. I know for a fact I'm town.

Even if we did the gate first, I'd definitely want to interrogate all three of you to make that call as solid as possible before yall vote.
YOUR AD HERE

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1158, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1129, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1127, Lukewarm wrote:**note to self to ask about Ari wrt his sort in 268/270
@Baltar, when you made your sort in 268, were you trying to do a 3 towniest / 3 scummiest / 3 nullest split ?
More like, start with Tanners concern of me and imaginality, which I know is not fully accurate. Then put Tanner with us to prevent any fuckery if Tanner happened to be scum.

Next, I tried to put my strongest townread of implo at the keep because that seemed like it might make for an easy win.

The wall just ended up being the leftovers because that is the hardest game to win.
You didn't put Tanner with us in 268, you offered it as an alternative but you put DArby with us.

And rereading this stuff eminded me again that you were angling for me and you to be at Wall with DArby/Tanner. I was the one who said we should be at Gate. That might be relevant for Tanner's speculation because if I'm scum and wary of a VP match up I could have gone with them to Wall and tried to mislim Tanner rather than VP.?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Tanner »

ari, which one of vp and imaginality is scum, and what do you think about my points on imaginality's associate-case looking Not Good?
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1165, Lukewarm wrote:My concern at the moment is that you might know that keep associatives look bad for you, and therefore want to go first.
I don't see at all what would look bad for me there? Like the worst thing I think would be if someone said I had scum equity with you...which shouldn't make sense from your perspective
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Tanner »

In post 1165, Lukewarm wrote:My concern at the moment is that you might know that keep associatives look bad for you, and therefore want to go first.
how do keep associatives look bad for him? as far as i remember, every single person at the keep has called imaginality townie
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Tanner »

(which is also the reason why i'm wondering if i'm getting biased to shit because i know only one of them is scum etc)
your eyes on the city.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1162, VP Baltar wrote:
We are also getting to the point of needing to make a decision on a game so we aren't rushing the later games. I do think gate has had the most robust discussion to this point.
Noting here that VP tried to get Tanner to vote right at the start of today. There really seems some reason why he wants to get Gate done first.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Aristeia »

if keep is resolving before gate why wouldnt the scum in keep say that imaginality is town ?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1169, VP Baltar wrote:
I don't see at all what would look bad for me there? Like the worst thing I think would be if someone said I had scum equity with you...which shouldn't make sense from your perspective
I think that a green Ari flip looks bad on you the same way that you are saying that your green flip would look bad on Ari, because then her case on you is then also coming from confirmed town.

And imaginality has also presented you as partnered with Pav, which obviously would be more threatening to you if correct and then flipped red.

So I kinda see why scum!you would want to flip before the keep.

---

But I also think that your town!reasoning for wanting to flip first stayed fairly consistent to questioning.

This might have been a fruitless line.

Return to “Completed Open Games”