Newbie 2086 - Reaction GIFs | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 349, notscience wrote:NK15 has fakeclaimed. Do not listen to the above posts or react, just hammer and move on to tomorrow. He’s trying to fish out PRs.
100% agreed.

VOTE: Not Known 15
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:15 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 349, notscience wrote:NK15 has fakeclaimed. Do not listen to the above posts or react, just hammer and move on to tomorrow. He’s trying to fish out PRs.
Listen to these posts... tomorrow.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 351, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Not Known 15
That was the hammer.
Do not post now. Wait until tomorrow.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Lim zefiend and dunn, unless they are prs. Tomorrow.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:33 am

Post by notscience »

NK15, if you fakeclaimed PR as town in a newbie we’re going to have words after the game.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:11 am

Post by catboi »

Wouldn't even be the first time town has gamethrown by fakeclaiming mason
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

No talking please...
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-10

Not Known 15
(5): notscience, ɀefiend, Not Known 15, Greeting, Dunnstral

Not Voting
(4): catboi, Cape90, V0ID, butterchurn

Deadline: January 4, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-01-03 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!
Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

Not Known 15 was a
Vanilla Townie

Night One Begins now and night actions are due on January 2, Noon Eastern Time. (expired on 2022-01-02 09:00:00). If you have a night action please PM me by then.

However you celebrate the New Year, please enjoy and be safe!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

notscience died last night. He was a
Town Cop

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-1
Day 2 Begins!

Not Voting
(7): Dunnstral, Greeting, ɀefiend, catboi, Cape90, V0ID, butterchurn

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: January 10, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-01-09 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

Idic
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Greeting »

Ain't that great. Thanks,
NK 15
for throwing the game with your "gambit".
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Greeting »

But looks like someone knew this was happening beforehand.
In post 356, catboi wrote:Wouldn't even be the first time town has gamethrown by fakeclaiming mason
The outcome of tonight shows that scums definitely know how to rolehunt, which points my attention towards the remaining more experienced players. I haven't seen half the enthusiasm from
catboi
this game I've seen in the other games, plus his earlier actions made me concerned about their motives.

VOTE: catboi
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 340, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 336, Cape90 wrote: PS I have played with Dunnstral scum before. They have a post count meta FYI (I think) (It is backed up by some games I have seen from Dunn) (they post more as town)
Are you an alt account or from another site? I've never played with this account before.
Hi Ichihime, I was Okapicat from a recent hydra game we played together. Also I was mixing you up in my head for someone else entirely so my bad, I don't know your meta.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Cape90 »

Yeah what NK15 was doing was obviously town LMAO. The self vote in , the legacy stuff in & , the obvious backtracking in of .

Look I understand what what NK15 did was bad and they should know better, but you all should learn to read between the lines and not just ooga booga it. Maybe that is me speaking on behalf of my personal experience with chat mafia where I see a lot of questionable fake claiming from town.
bro you said this as PR? What is wrong with you? I am going to be generous and be thinking it was supposed to be taken as a red herring, but geez.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 365, Cape90 wrote:Yeah what NK15 was doing was obviously town LMAO. The self vote in , the legacy stuff in & , the obvious backtracking in of .

Look I understand what what NK15 did was bad and they should know better, but you all should learn to read between the lines and not just ooga booga it. Maybe that is me speaking on behalf of my personal experience with chat mafia where I see a lot of questionable fake claiming from town.
I strongly disagree. What was obvious was that voting out
Not Known 15
who fakeclaimed and whose claim was rebuffed was the only right way to go. I believe
ɀefiend
's interpretation of
NK 15
's actions in is correct - this was a gambit, albeit coming from a Vanilla Townie rather than a scum doing advanced pocketing.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:55 am

Post by Greeting »

I think I know how the scums found out that
notscience
was a PR. And it is a direct consequence of
Not Known 15
's actions.

Notscience
was
the only player
who did not withdraw their vote on
Not Known 15
after their claim in , presumably knowing for sure that the claim was fake due to their role. I did notice this before on Day 1, but then didn't pay very much attention to it. Now it makes perfect sense.

And I don't think a complete newbie would be clever enough to spot and correctly interpret such a detail, hence why at the moment I'm convinced that there is someone experienced who is leading the scum team.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 366, Greeting wrote:
In post 365, Cape90 wrote:Yeah what NK15 was doing was obviously town LMAO. The self vote in , the legacy stuff in & , the obvious backtracking in of .

Not Known 15
who fakeclaimed and whose claim was rebuffed was the only right way to go. I believe
ɀefiend
's interpretation of
NK 15
's actions in is correct - this was a gambit, albeit coming from a Vanilla Townie rather than a scum doing advanced pocketing.
My interpretation of zefiend's saying they were not mason partners with NK15 is
fine
I
understand
it. I think I see what NK15 was going for having zefiend in scumleans in their legacy in , it was a reaction test. Which is ultimately why the action comes from town. But by that time, I understand why it was probably a bit late.

I feel like they would be probably 80% town if they just rolled with the mason thing and see where that gone. As far as zefiend saying "no" to the being masons thing with NK15 thing, I feel like it is NAI. I would have rolled with the claim just to protect PRs from dying but that's in my shoes.

Another thought popped in to my head about this just now as I was writing that. But I will keep that thought pocketed in my head
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 368, Cape90 wrote:
In post 366, Greeting wrote:

Not Known 15
ɀefiend
's interpretation of
NK 15
My interpretation of zefiend's saying they were not mason partners with NK15 is
fine
I
understand
it. I think I see what NK15 was going for having zefiend in scumleans in their legacy in , it was a reaction test. Which is ultimately why the action comes from town. But by that time, I understand why it was probably a bit late.

I feel like they would be probably 80% town if they just rolled with the mason thing and see where that gone. As far as zefiend saying "no" to the being masons thing with NK15 thing, I feel like it is NAI. I would have rolled with the claim just to protect PRs from dying but that's in my shoes.

Another thought popped in to my head about this just now as I was writing that. But I will keep that thought pocketed in my head
oh and if none of us died. THAT'S when I would have outed NK15's claim as fake
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 367, Greeting wrote:I think I know how the scums found out that
notscience
was a PR. And it is a direct consequence of
Not Known 15
's actions.

Notscience
was
the only player
who did not withdraw their vote on
Not Known 15
after their claim in , presumably knowing for sure that the claim was fake due to their role. I did notice this before on Day 1, but then didn't pay very much attention to it. Now it makes perfect sense.

And I don't think a complete newbie would be clever enough to spot and correctly interpret such a detail, hence why at the moment I'm convinced that there is someone experienced who is leading the scum team.
I probably would have noticed that if I was looking closer at it. And I thought I was bad at hiding my power role status.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:25 am

Post by butterchurn »

Important thing to note, I think, is that due to the cop flip we know are in column A or C, each of which has masons as a possibility. This means that on NK15's initial claim, neither mafia had any reason to privately doubt the claim, unless zefiend is scum. What they say publicly in the thread is a different matter of course, but I don't see a reason for them to throw that much doubt on it except for the potential to look more town. notscience of course had a very good reason to doubt it, and the rest of town could reasonably doubt it just because NK15 could have easily been scum making a last-minute role fishing play. Only mafia already knew he was town.

Nah. I don't think there's any way you can keep someone around who fakeclaimed, especially in such a standard setup. Not worth the risk, and from a meta perspective, it's a terrible precedent to set.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by catboi »

I hope Not Known 15 is never allowed to play another newbie game
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 363, Greeting wrote:But looks like someone knew this was happening beforehand.
In post 356, catboi wrote:Wouldn't even be the first time town has gamethrown by fakeclaiming mason
The outcome of tonight shows that scums definitely know how to rolehunt, which points my attention towards the remaining more experienced players. I haven't seen half the enthusiasm from
catboi
this game I've seen in the other games, plus his earlier actions made me concerned about their motives.

VOTE: catboi
You'll need to learn that reading me off mood/emotions is a poor metric because these things fluctuate from game to game depending on outside circumstances. Right now I'm overgamed and unenthusiastic, and the game itself was slow and difficult to work with. I probably shouldn't even be playing because my motivation is mostly but I made a commitment so I'd rather stick it through.

However, I feel like my play here is not that dissimilar from Newbie 2081 where you were similarly on my case for not doing much early.

I think the point about someone on the scumteam being experiencd enough to judge for reactions for PRs is a fair one, though - I should note that I
tried
to dissuade people from giving away their roles in relation to the claim, but obviously it didn't work.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by catboi »

Greeting/Cape town, butter weaker town, scum in void/dunn/zefiend. I still think void's day 1 was incredibly scummy but if scum he undoubtedly has a more savvy partner

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”